Sunday run 5/3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,583
Sunday run 5/3

I'm thinking of doing a quick Sunday run, Gold Mountain and Jacoby cyn. I might be open to other ideas. I'm thinking 9:00 AM at the trail head.

If interested in something different, let me know. Mostly looking for something easy to moderate that will have me home at a decent time.

suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
RKCWLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 416
I have not done either trail, but I might be up for this. I still haven't got rid of the rear driveline vibes. Been messing with the driveshaft all day.

RKCWLER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKCWLER View Post
I have not done either trail, but I might be up for this. I still haven't got rid of the rear driveline vibes. Been messing with the driveshaft all day.
Cool, let me know if you can make it. Both can be done in a stock Jeep. Rails recommend for gold mtn. Jacoby is easy, just a short scenic trail.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 10:57 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
RKCWLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 416
What trailhead do you want to meet at? Is there a particular intersection of forest roads? Having done John Bull and Heartbreak, I think I can do these trails too.
RKCWLER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKCWLER View Post
What trailhead do you want to meet at? Is there a particular intersection of forest roads? Having done John Bull and Heartbreak, I think I can do these trails too.
It's right off the road, I'm mobile so can't post a map.

We could meet at the discovery center. It's not far from there.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2014, 12:02 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
RKCWLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 416
OK. I will come up 330 to 18 to Fawnskin and meet you at the trailhead north of Baldwin lake. Sent a pm with contact info.
RKCWLER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2014, 12:23 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKCWLER View Post
OK. I will come up 330 to 18 to Fawnskin and meet you at the trailhead north of Baldwin lake. Sent a pm with contact info.
See you at 9:00. Channel 37.

Should be really nice up there tomorrow.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 682
I'll be down bud. Kinda last minute, if the little lady has something else planned, I'll text ya. Otherwise c ya at 9 after work.
highwayman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2014, 01:29 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
I'll be down bud. Kinda last minute, if the little lady has something else planned, I'll text ya. Otherwise c ya at 9 after work.
Right on Kraig. See you tomorrow unless I hear otherwise.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Inland air balance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: San Dimas & Big Bear
Posts: 75
I wish I had seen this post yesterday. I'm up here all weekend. It was a beautiful day yesterday on 2n01 & 2n02 for cruising around. Maybe next time.
__________________
Certified in something
Inland air balance is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
JeepHerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,835
Images: 21
Missed this Rick. Was already planning on heading up- we'll be there. I'll give you a call.
JeepHerz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland air balance View Post
I wish I had seen this post yesterday. I'm up here all weekend. It was a beautiful day yesterday on 2n01 & 2n02 for cruising around. Maybe next time.
Sorry, it was a last minute thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHerz View Post
Missed this Rick. Was already planning on heading up- we'll be there. I'll give you a call.
Hope you guys had a good run. The weather was perfect up there today.

We ended up with 3 + 1 -- 3 that we knew about, and a 4th Rubi that just happened to show up coincidentally. Nice people.

It was a great run. Exactly what I had in mind. A nice relaxing run.

I'll post pics later.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-05-2014, 12:33 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
RKCWLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 416
Awesome run. Thanks Rick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-462474518.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	1064258   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2779556840.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	1064266  

RKCWLER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 682
Fun run guys. Funny how that section always changes. Can't believe how far that boulder walks around, haha.

Nah, the last minute was me telling Kristy about wheeling, I didn't mean u bud.

Perfect weather.
highwayman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 01:28 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
JeepHerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,835
Images: 21
Did they close Big Bear and not tell us? Didn't see another vehicle on Gold Mountain. Wasn't a SINGLE car behind me on the 18th on the way home at 6ish. It was such a spectacular day- can't believe no one was up there. Ah well, more space for us. And I found a little mud. Great day! Sorry we just missed you guys but girlfriend's 40th Bdays do come first. I know; lame excuse for a Jeep girl.
JeepHerz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,651
Looks like fun guys....maybe after it warms up out here in the desert I'll have to go run the Mtn trail...but with a high of 74 for Calico today I'm sick in to the deserts as long as I can...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHerz View Post
Did they close Big Bear and not tell us? Didn't see another vehicle on Gold Mountain. Wasn't a SINGLE car behind me on the 18th on the way home at 6ish. It was such a spectacular day- can't believe no one was up there. Ah well, more space for us. And I found a little mud. Great day! Sorry we just missed you guys but girlfriend's 40th Bdays do come first. I know; lame excuse for a Jeep girl.
We didn't see any traffic either. Only a few hikers and mountain bikers. It was really nice up there. Jacoby is a nice cruise too. Not much for wheeling, but nice scenery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Looks like fun guys....maybe after it warms up out here in the desert I'll have to go run the Mtn trail...but with a high of 74 for Calico today I'm sick in to the deserts as long as I can...
I actually wanted to go to Calico, but the weather for Sunday said 95 degrees, so didn't sound too nice. I still want to squeeze a Calico trip in before it gets hot. Don't know if I'm going to make it.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
JeepHerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,835
Images: 21
We may go to Calico this weekend. We have a friend with Razors who wants us to meet them out there- but since we can't really do the same trails we're not sure we'll go.
JeepHerz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHerz View Post
We may go to Calico this weekend. We have a friend with Razors who wants us to meet them out there- but since we can't really do the same trails we're not sure we'll go.
I can't go this weekend. Wife has stuff going on Saturday, Mother's day Sunday.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 682
Calico, sounds great. Unfortunately this weekend won't work for me either, same reason.
highwayman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,583
Here are the pics I took. Better late than never?

Gold Mountain 5-3-2014 Photos by suicideking72 | Photobucket
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2014, 07:33 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Here are the pics I took. Better late than never?

Gold Mountain 5-3-2014 Photos by suicideking72 | Photobucket
Sweet! Can't figure out how to save em.
highwayman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
JeepHerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,835
Images: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
Sweet! Can't figure out how to save em.
While viewing the photo you want (not the whole album) look for "Media Options" on the right middle section. Click download. You can save from there.
If you want the whole album its easiest to use the big orange "UPLOAD" button at the top- but it requires you get a Photobucket account.
JeepHerz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
RKCWLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 416
Nice pictures. Thanks.
RKCWLER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-16-2014, 05:54 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHerz View Post
While viewing the photo you want (not the whole album) look for "Media Options" on the right middle section. Click download. You can save from there.
If you want the whole album its easiest to use the big orange "UPLOAD" button at the top- but it requires you get a Photobucket account.
Thx, J.
highwayman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,583
Sunday Run

Sunday Run

Wheeling 6/8

suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC