The 9th Semi Annual Wrangler Forum So Cal Meet N Greet A Turdhurdler Event - Page 5 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #121
The Rogue Moderator

::WF Moderator::
 
Cons_Table's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 7,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
That's the problem with Mottino...Its a very cool trail, but its a ways from Hanna.

Hanna is off the north West corner of the lake and Mottino is down off 38 (south east of the lake) and from the road its quite a ways to the trail head. My quess is it would take a good hour to get to the trail head from Hanna flats...If you want a map picture I can post one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBot13 View Post
It's a little ways out there but doable in a day trip ... it's on the other side of heartbreak and big horn wilderness ... you take broom flat to get out there from BB ... so maybe an hour to get to motino ...
Hmmm...if this is an option, may just have to take it easy Friday night and get an early start on Saturday

__________________
Poor Boy Racing The definition of the EVERYMAN Challenge!

Everyman Challenge XJ Build
Cons_Table is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #122
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,983
Earlier the better too ... Motino is at the base of the mountains in the dez so it's gonna be hot

JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #123
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post

Wrong thread? lol
Dammit lol
__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #124
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cons_Table View Post
Hmmm...if this is an option, may just have to take it easy Friday night and get an early start on Saturday
I'd like to do it...its not as low in elevation as one might think...and there is always a good cool breeze it the canyon...it comes from the mountain down to the desert...I've run this in August many time and its never been hot....now I would also like to get my money's worth out of it to and run down it and then back up it ....hows that sound?
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #125
The Rogue Moderator

::WF Moderator::
 
Cons_Table's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 7,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
I'd like to do it...its not as low in elevation as one might think...and there is always a good cool breeze it the canyon...it comes from the mountain down to the desert...I've run this in August many time and its never been hot....now I would also like to get my money's worth out of it to and run down it and then back up it ....hows that sound?
I am just along for the ride. How long is the trail? Just curious what itd take for, say 10 rigs, to run it down and up? Plus the 2 hrs in traveling time...1 hr to and from camp.
__________________
Poor Boy Racing The definition of the EVERYMAN Challenge!

Everyman Challenge XJ Build
Cons_Table is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #126
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cons_Table View Post
I am just along for the ride. How long is the trail? Just curious what itd take for, say 10 rigs, to run it down and up? Plus the 2 hrs in traveling time...1 hr to and from camp.
It'd be an all day adventure ...but if we could beet feet out of camp by 8 we'd be at the trail head by 9 or so ...now depending on the group we can run the canyon in a couple hours then once at the bottom depending on the time we could run back up it or take a cool ride up Rattlesnake canyon and stop at Vassaro springs for a bit before heading back to camp....but really there's lots of options for different trails out that way we could run...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #127
The Rogue Moderator

::WF Moderator::
 
Cons_Table's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 7,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
It'd be an all day adventure ...but if we could beet feet out of camp by 8 we'd be at the trail head by 9 or so ...now depending on the group we can run the canyon in a couple hours then once at the bottom depending on the time we could run back up it or take a cool ride up Rattlesnake canyon and stop at Vassaro springs for a bit before heading back to camp....but really there's lots of options for different trails out that way we could run...
__________________
Poor Boy Racing The definition of the EVERYMAN Challenge!

Everyman Challenge XJ Build
Cons_Table is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #128
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,651
But hey...I'm open to run or help out on any of the runs offered if need be...

Thanx
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #129
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post

Wrong thread? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMOSYJ View Post

Dammit lol
Lol crazy Elmo got too many things going on too keep track of where he is!!
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #130
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
But hey...I'm open to run or help out on any of the runs offered if need be...

Thanx
Hey Steve, Jerry kind of mentioned it, but obviously we have all done JB, Dishpan, Holcomb etc and they are great trails, so It would be nice if there was something new or more difficult close by the BB area.

Stan took us on Heartbreak Ridge last year and that was cool and different.
It would be nice to find something new in the area....I do like Mottino and I think that there would be interest from people that haven't run it before....it would make for a full day. I thought maybe you would have some secret unknown BB trails...
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #131
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,268
I'm a newb here but I would love to see something more challenging than JB. But Mottino is pretty short isn't it?
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #132
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,983
Bob you can run JB in my rig if you want more of a challenge ... 33s open/open stock height ... but that means I get your rig for the day too!
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #133
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I'm a newb here but I would love to see something more challenging than JB. But Mottino is pretty short isn't it?
Steve know more about that trail than I do...I'm trying to remember who I first ran it with...bajabob in a red YJ?? Not sure...

I don't recall it being that short Bob, but it was cool because it was up a river bed and several water falls....besides that on the way out there are several more options to hit if time allows...
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #134
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
Hey Steve, Jerry kind of mentioned it, but obviously we have all done JB, Dishpan, Holcomb etc and they are great trails, so It would be nice if there was something new or more difficult close by the BB area.

Stan took us on Heartbreak Ridge last year and that was cool and different.
It would be nice to find something new in the area....I do like Mottino and I think that there would be interest from people that haven't run it before....it would make for a full day. I thought maybe you would have some secret unknown BB trails...
Bill I do have a couple really good trails in mind that would fit the Xtream group very well...but here's my problem ...I'll have my wife with me and she has no problem running JB, HC and although we both feel that Matino wash is more difficult then either one of those... she absolutely love Matino wash ..but she will never run the two I have in mind.
One of them is on the back side of Green Valley and the other issue just north of Matino in Rattlesnake canyon and is most definitely handing out body damage ....
So these will have to be run at another time..I'm sure
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #135
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I'm a newb here but I would love to see something more challenging than JB. But Mottino is pretty short isn't it?
Bob...its a good run probably around the same as Holcomb creek from start to finish.
I know it seems like a long ways out but for some reason I'm not seeing it much more then the bridge at the bottom of dish pan..

The nice thing about Matino wash is that your on rocks purdy much the complete run...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #136
Jeeper
 
Smokinjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: InyoKern, CA
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I'm a newb here but I would love to see something more challenging than JB. But Mottino is pretty short isn't it?
You and Dave ran JB and beat up your rigs and you want more !!

good for you guys !! glad your having fun.
Smokinjoe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #137
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Bill I do have a couple really good trails in mind that would fit the Xtream group very well...but here's my problem ...I'll have my wife with me and she has no problem running JB, HC and although we both feel that Matino wash is more difficult then either one of those... she absolutely love Matino wash ..but she will never run the two I have in mind.
One of them is on the back side of Green Valley and the other issue just south of Matino in Rattlesnake canyon and is most definitely handing out body damage ....
So these will have to be run at another time..I'm sure
I knew you had a few extra trails in your pocket...

Yeah I get it Steve, my wife will be along as well and her tolerance is less than your wife's I am sure....(although she stays in more often now...)

The next level is Probably better left for another time....but I would like to try any trail that is harder than JB, DP etc. and short of body damage
that shits expensive...

I think with all the people that will be leading and such a variety of trails that it will be a good time...Curious if we will have the turnout we did before...I'm thinking about 50 and if that's accurate we would need 3-4 difficult and 1 moderate trail...
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #138
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
I knew you had a few extra trails in your pocket...

Yeah I get it Steve, my wife will be along as well and her tolerance is less than your wife's I am sure....(although she stays in more often now...)

The next level is Probably better left for another time....but I would like to try any trail that is harder than JB, DP etc. and short of body damage
that shits expensive...

I think with all the people that will be leading and such a variety of trails that it will be a good time...Curious if we will have the turnout we did before...I'm thinking about 50 and if that's accurate we would need 3-4 difficult and 1 moderate trail...
Sounds great..
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #139
Jeeper
 
Randog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 252
Jeff I thought we voted on this on the other thread?

Poll for 9th Semi Annual WF So Cal Meet n Greet

Anyway I'm in, don't much care on the date nothing planed for those dates anyway. Need to know soon although the sites are filling up cause its going to be hot this summer and BB will be the place to escape to. Were you going to camp? Hanna Flats does it take RVs? Or can I get my RV in there?
Randog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #140
Jeeper
 
turdhurdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hemet, CA Hemet is Heaven...
Posts: 7,281
Send a message via AIM to turdhurdler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randog View Post
Jeff I thought we voted on this on the other thread?

Poll for 9th Semi Annual WF So Cal Meet n Greet

Anyway I'm in, don't much care on the date nothing planed for those dates anyway. Need to know soon although the sites are filling up cause its going to be hot this summer and BB will be the place to escape to. Were you going to camp? Hanna Flats does it take RVs? Or can I get my RV in there?
Yep, that thread is for the voting of dates. This thread is for general discussion of the event. I plan on having the main campground at Hanna Flats again, and yes, it does allow RVs.

Jeff
__________________
Mall crawlin' in 4 Lo.
turdhurdler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #141
Jeeper
 
Randog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 252
Thanks Jeff, mark me as going.....
Randog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #142
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post

Sounds great..
Steve, where is the one at the back of Green Valley?
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #143
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,268
OK I forgot about the wife in the copilot seat. Just John Bull and Holcomb with a side of fire road will be fine. She does not do cliff faces well. Actually neither do i but I love the rock gardens. I gotta watch it. I'm gonna talk myself into a trail I am gonna be sorry for.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #144
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
OK I forgot about the wife in the copilot seat. Just John Bull and Holcomb with a side of fire road will be fine. She does not do cliff faces well. Actually neither do i but I love the rock gardens. I gotta watch it. I'm gonna talk myself into a trail I am gonna be sorry for.
Bob...you'd love Matino wash ...its almost all rock gardens and flat with no cliffs...its a lot of fun...those are the same reasons my wife likes it so much...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #145
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1 View Post
Steve, where is the one at the back of Green Valley?
I'm still working but when I get home I'll dig out an old map and see if I can't get a number or at least some directions to it...
gotta love these 14hr days ...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #146
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post

I'm still working but when I get home I'll dig out an old map and see if I can't get a number or at least some directions to it...
gotta love these 14hr days ...
I know the feeling Steve, at least my long days are filled with jeeps!
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #147
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,648
Wouldn't miss this for anything, can you say "TV trivia songs?"
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #148
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,648
Coors light on tap?
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #149
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,648
JPi raffle and prizes?
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #150
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,598
Yes

Yes
And yes

__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC