The SoCal Clubhouse - Page 222 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #6631
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Yeah they put the seat buttons on the padded part of the seat where my butt oughta be. Skinny engineers in Japan must have no butt. But on a better note the doc is happy with my weight loss. 290 fully clothed. Down from 302. I am going to keep at it.
Good job!!

Mike says there's a reason you only see Asian people driving G's & Z's, they are small seats. Surprisingly there is alot of head & leg room, just no butt room. haha

__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #6632
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,627
In don't use the computer only my iPhone. So I still don't know how lol

__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #6633
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,837
I can understand that. I did oil spill remediation for a couple of years. Same thing. No evidence of the spills damages allowed. We did the Northridge quake cleanup at magic mountain. I was there 24/7 for 4 months. The oil got into the river there and headed for the ocean. We caught it before it got there.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #6634
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrampley View Post
In don't use the computer only my iPhone. So I still don't know how lol
I'm not sure on my iPhone, I will check with my daughter and let you know.
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #6635
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
Good job!!

Mike says there's a reason you only see Asian people driving G's & Z's, they are small seats. Surprisingly there is alot of head & leg room, just no butt room. haha
I'm pretty happy that it is creeping down. I would like it to go faster but the doc says to be careful.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #6636
Jeeper
 
Ditchdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Placentia
Posts: 2,847
The good thing is we got power,water, air conditioned shelters up. Set up fuel dump for all the needs. But you know texans are a hardy people. If that happens here the streets would be filled with looters.
__________________
Bender Bending Rodriguez is my role model.
Ditchdoc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #6637
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
Good job!!

Mike says there's a reason you only see Asian people driving G's & Z's, they are small seats. Surprisingly there is alot of head & leg room, just no butt room. haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrampley View Post
In don't use the computer only my iPhone. So I still don't know how lol
I try to use my phone. It's a lot tougher.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #6638
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdoc View Post
The good thing is we got power,water, air conditioned shelters up. Set up fuel dump for all the needs. But you know texans are a hardy people. If that happens here the streets would be filled with looters.
It's a lot tougher here thats for sure. I was in watts during the riots. Not fun. We had an armed standoff with a huge crowd at work. We won. They backed down and went else wear. They wanted all the tool and HP parts in the shop. We had about 8 guns facing them. I had my Desert Eagle 44 and a shotgun if I remember right. Still have a copy of the newspaper article they did on us.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #6639
Jeeper
 
Ditchdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Placentia
Posts: 2,847
I was a medic in the national guard during the riots. Got shipped down all the way from crows landing
__________________
Bender Bending Rodriguez is my role model.
Ditchdoc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #6640
Jeeper
 
Ditchdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Placentia
Posts: 2,847
That was crazy just stay outside of the riot keep it contained and let it burn itself out.
__________________
Bender Bending Rodriguez is my role model.
Ditchdoc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #6641
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,698
To multiple quote on iPhone:

Tap bar (area) above the post you want to quote (the area with the persons name and posting date & time)

A toolbar with Share, Report, Quote should appear. To the very left of that is a little white box. Tap that box and the bar should highlight.

Go to the next post you want to quote and repeat the first steps.

To finish and reply: Tap the reply box in the upper right corner of the phone, the option of Multi-Quote Reply should appear. Tap that and type your response. Then tap the send button on top right of phone as you normally would.

Now we're all experts in the Multi Quote
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #6642
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,837
Your such a Teckie.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #6643
Jeeper
 
Ditchdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Placentia
Posts: 2,847
Geek squad.
__________________
Bender Bending Rodriguez is my role model.
Ditchdoc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #6644
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Your such a Teckie.
Haha, not me. I just know how to look things up and how to text questions to my daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdoc View Post
Geek squad.
As long as they don't make me drive one of those ugly VW bugs that say Geek Squad on it

My dad says that everyone needs their own nerd so they can figure out the technology you have to deal with now a days. He's quite the character
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #6645
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
To multiple quote on iPhone:

Tap bar (area) above the post you want to quote (the area with the persons name and posting date & time)

A toolbar with Share, Report, Quote should appear. To the very left of that is a little white box. Tap that box and the bar should highlight.

Go to the next post you want to quote and repeat the first steps.

To finish and reply: Tap the reply box in the upper right corner of the phone, the option of Multi-Quote Reply should appear. Tap that and type your response. Then tap the send button on top right of phone as you normally would.

Now we're all experts in the Multi Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Your such a Teckie.
Yay!!! Love you Lisa!!
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #6646
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrampley View Post
Yay!!! Love you Lisa!!
Look at you, what a quick learner. Lol

Much easier than changing axles in a Jeep
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #6647
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post

Look at you, what a quick learner. Lol

Much easier than changing axles in a Jeep
Sure is lol. I wish I knew how to do it
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #6648
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,837
I'm anxious to see if you even have the right axles.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #6649
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I'm anxious to see if you even have the right axles.
My ex is dealing with napa he has been doing business with those guys for a long time so he doesn't want me yelling at them. I am not allowed to call. Lol he knows me a little to well haha
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #6650
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrampley View Post
My ex is dealing with napa he has been doing business with those guys for a long time so he doesn't want me yelling at them. I am not allowed to call. Lol he knows me a little to well haha
That reminds me of when we had some work done on our 02 TJ at one of the dealerships. They did a complete valve job only to discover there was a flat lobe in the cam, a factory defect that was covered under warranty. We paid for the valve job because they assured us that was the problem.

I was so pissed, Mike wouldn't let me go pick up the Jeep or call them. So of course I did as he wished.............he never said I couldn't write a letter I wrote to the dealership and copied to Chrysler, emailed both and received my $400. back with a voucher for 10 free oil changes
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #6651
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post

That reminds me of when we had some work done on our 02 TJ at one of the dealerships. They did a complete valve job only to discover there was a flat lobe in the cam, a factory defect that was covered under warranty. We paid for the valve job because they assured us that was the problem.

I was so pissed, Mike wouldn't let me go pick up the Jeep or call them. So of course I did as he wished.............he never said I couldn't write a letter I wrote to the dealership and copied to Chrysler, emailed both and received my $400. back with a voucher for 10 free oil changes
I may be doing a good job handling this according to you guys. That's cause Gunner made it a point to tell us all to be good. If you guys could only hear the words I speak and my thoughts you would all think differently lol. I get a tad bit hit under the collar. My angry orchards hard apple cider helped calm that last night lol
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #6652
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,837
Hard cider Hummm... LOL I guess that would calm you right down.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #6653
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Hard cider Hummm... LOL I guess that would calm you right down.
I don't like beer but I bought those and they are amazing! Think I need another 12 pack. Only bought one when the misfits came up for camping now I have one left and I have shared not a big drinker
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #6654
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrampley View Post

I don't like beer but I bought those and they are amazing! Think I need another 12 pack. Only bought one when the misfits came up for camping now I have one left and I have shared not a big drinker
I guess I'll be drinking tonight also. I think it's the full moon Rhonda. I picked up my car, drive 10 miles to Pismo. Thought the ride felt rough, looked at the tires only to find my old tires still on the car!!
Now I ordered tires and paid for them last Friday, made the appt. for installation, alignment and service at the same time.

I know I should have looked closer before leaving, but the dumb ass service dept. shouldn't have forgotten them either. So I drove back and I'm sitting here waiting while they put new tires on.
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #6655
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,698
Oh, I discovered I can make it from Pismo to the dealership in SLO in 6 minutes :0
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #6656
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,627
Lol I just don't get what ever happened to good work ethics good & customer service? Why must we check and double check work before during and after in order to get quality ?
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #6657
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrampley View Post
Lol I just don't get what ever happened to good work ethics good & customer service? Why must we check and double check work before during and after in order to get quality ?
Exactly, I'm usually very thorough and check everything before I leave. I just expected that everything was done. My bad, won't happen again
How they forgot the tires is mind baffling, I mean c'mon!!!
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #6658
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,627
Lol. So jake and I are going tomorrow after all. Jeff is encouraging me to just take the explorer and he will give me a tug if needed lol but I get out of the house. Gonna be an adventure I tell ya
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #6659
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrampley View Post
Lol. So jake and I are going tomorrow after all. Jeff is encouraging me to just take the explorer and he will give me a tug if needed lol but I get out of the house. Gonna be an adventure I tell ya
Good for you, it's more about the people than the trail on this run. It's a great cause and I think they are sticking to fire road type trails. I'm glad your going
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #6660
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,698
Looks like we're going wine tasting and bbqing at a friends in Avila Beach tomorrow. Yeah!!! We both need a relaxing day

__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC