The SoCal Clubhouse - Page 234 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today



Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #6991
Jeeper
 
minisaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdoc View Post
Get a 22 micro fared capacitor wire it onto the battery with a 4 watt diode. Once your out of the vehicle connect it in series with the chassis so when someone touches it it will shock them as long as their shoes have carbon in the rubber. It will recharge and won't damage your computers because of the diode.
This, plus it would be fun to watch.

Soft top is noisy, i just don't know how much noisier from a hard top. I hope the soft top retains the ac temp.other than that the soft top is pretty cool, other than having to replace it every # of years.
minisaba is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:49 PM   #6992
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by minisaba View Post

This, plus it would be fun to watch.

Soft top is noisy, i just don't know how much noisier from a hard top. I hope the soft top retains the ac temp.other than that the soft top is pretty cool, other than having to replace it every # of years.
Hard top about as noisy as my car not noisy at all

__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #6993
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk View Post

Hard top about as noisy as my car not noisy at all
Todd it's a jeep it's supposed to be noisy and dirty lol
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #6994
Jeeper
 
K9HDLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9HDLR View Post

I would like to have a hard top. Don't know how much I can afford, but I have a black soft top with tinted windows and all hardware that normally runs on my jeep. Let me know when you decide.
Come on... You know how guys are, we always want what we don't have... Gotta trade soft top for a hard top! Haha
__________________
My partner Samson says do I get to go?
K9HDLR is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #6995
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrampley View Post

Todd it's a jeep it's supposed to be noisy and dirty lol
It's a 2013 it's not supposed to make any noise
__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:45 AM   #6996
Jeeper
 
minisaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 844
It's not even suppose to be on rocks... crusing around the mall its what this new jeeps are good for. :-P
minisaba is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #6997
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk View Post

It's a 2013 it's not supposed to make any noise
Quote:
Originally Posted by minisaba View Post
It's not even suppose to be on rocks... crusing around the mall its what this new jeeps are good for. :-P
Come on guys it's a jeep! 1913 or 2013 it's a jeep! Ya all know that! No malls unless Todd's baby Girls are driving or needing daddy to take em shoppin! Rocks and dirt and noise

I have a better idea for you just buy a soft top. And you can have both
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #6998
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by minisaba View Post
It's not even suppose to be on rocks... crusing around the mall its what this new jeeps are good for. :-P
Oh quit it mini I can go anywhere u can go and do it with the ac on !!!
Boom ....
__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #6999
Jeeper
 
minisaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 844
I know i know. It really sucked on sunday feeling that heat wave passing the 57. But it got cold once i got closer to home.
minisaba is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #7000
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk View Post

Oh quit it mini I can go anywhere u can go and do it with the ac on !!!
Boom ....
You can use the ac with the soft top! I do it all the time.
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #7001
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,656
Good night everyone. Sleep well! Can't wait to go play Saturday. Seems like I life time.
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #7002
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 8,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9HDLR View Post
Come on... You know how guys are, we always want what we don't have... Gotta trade soft top for a hard top! Haha
PM sent. Lets talk turkey.
Gunner is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:31 AM   #7003
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk View Post

The guy is ready to come out tomorrow to trade tops now I'm having second thoughts .. What if I don't like the soft top , what if it's too noisy for me ,am I gonna worry about somebody breaking into it now ??? I don't know what to do ???? HELP ....
I hate my hard top i can never take it off alone
__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:34 AM   #7004
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by minisaba View Post
I know i know. It really sucked on sunday feeling that heat wave passing the 57. But it got cold once i got closer to home.
It wasnt even hot
__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #7005
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMOSYJ View Post
And i need half doors i have an 88 my doors dont have the rubber seals nor locks
Barrel locks missing or came from the factory without them and no hole in the door for them?
goin camping is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #7006
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdoc View Post
I want to go on a cross country desert trip.
My favorite thing to do.
goin camping is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #7007
Jeeper
 
Serg5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Palmdale, Ca
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin camping View Post
My favorite thing to do.
...............X2
__________________

Go Out And Explore!
Serg5000 is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #7008
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg5000 View Post
...............X2
Ok so I still don't know what to do if I trade my hard top n don't like it I'm screwed if I just wait n buy a soft top then I can switch back n forth I think I'm gonna say no ???
__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #7009
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk View Post

Ok so I still don't know what to do if I trade my hard top n don't like it I'm screwed if I just wait n buy a soft top then I can switch back n forth I think I'm gonna say no ???
Morning Todd. Follow you're heart. With a soft top the inside will get dusty and there are people that may steal from you. That's your baby. You may wanna jeep it safe. At least if you have both you can decide and swap out.
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #7010
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrampley View Post

Morning Todd. Follow you're heart. With a soft top the inside will get dusty and there are people that may steal from you. That's your baby. You may wanna jeep it safe. At least if you have both you can decide and swap out.
I think I was being greedy . Was gonna use the money for sliders n half doors but I should probably wait so I don't regret my decision later ..
__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #7011
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk View Post

I think I was being greedy . Was gonna use the money for sliders n half doors but I should probably wait so I don't regret my decision later ..
Besides I want one that I can leave the top on and the sides n back windows off
__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #7012
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk View Post

Besides I want one that I can leave the top on and the sides n back windows off
Ya just tell the guy no. Your sliders don't cost a grand right?
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #7013
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin camping View Post

Barrel locks missing or came from the factory without them and no hole in the door for them?
It has the hole one lock was broken. And no key. So all it needs is the tumbler. It dont bother me since i highly doubt anyone would want to deal with pepper lol. Besides ill have a 12 gauge waiting lol
__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #7014
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 8,881
No body wants to mess with a known puppy smasher.
Gunner is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #7015
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMOSYJ View Post

It has the hole one lock was broken. And no key. So all it needs is the tumbler. It dont bother me since i highly doubt anyone would want to deal with pepper lol. Besides ill have a 12 gauge waiting lol
How come u never bring out the shotty ???
__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #7016
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMOSYJ View Post
It has the hole one lock was broken. And no key. So all it needs is the tumbler. It dont bother me since i highly doubt anyone would want to deal with pepper lol. Besides ill have a 12 gauge waiting lol
Ahh, the sound of a 12 gauge racking. Gods way of saying would you like to meet me?
goin camping is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #7017
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
No body wants to mess with a known puppy smasher.
Hey nobody told him to give me a brake check ok lol
__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #7018
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk View Post

How come u never bring out the shotty ???
Hehe its reserved for the boyfriends uhu
__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #7019
Jeeper
 
02sporttj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lake Elsinore, Ca
Posts: 182
Morning everyone
__________________
Gravity isn't a law
It's just a suggestion
02sporttj is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #7020
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrampley View Post
Ya just tell the guy no. Your sliders don't cost a grand right?
no theyre like 4 and some change but i gotta watch my spending cuz im trying to buy a house right now

__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC