The SoCal Clubhouse - Page 261 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #7801
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,598
Well im half way there money wise but i doubt he will hold it

__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #7802
05 TJ

WF Supporting Member
 
K9HDLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 491
Took the whole family out for an awesome Mothers Day dinner. Great food, drink, and conversation.

__________________
My partner Samson says do I get to go?
K9HDLR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #7803
05 TJ

WF Supporting Member
 
K9HDLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMOSYJ View Post
Well im half way there money wise but i doubt he will hold it
It's sitting in the garage... If you want it we can figure it out.
__________________
My partner Samson says do I get to go?
K9HDLR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #7804
05 TJ

WF Supporting Member
 
K9HDLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Nothing like new jeep parts to put a smile on your face.
Just saving for those new gears...didn't really want to buy a new driveshaft. Took money from the re-gear budget!
__________________
My partner Samson says do I get to go?
K9HDLR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #7805
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,224
That would look good on pepper.

Andy we just got in from dinner too. Whoo it was way more expensive than i remember.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #7806
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,956
Some dumb ass thief stole the propane tank off the front of my little Nomad trailer. Mike noticed tonight that it's missing and it was there on Wed. when he moved the trailer. Pisses me off that now we have to double check everything and lock ever item up.

We've had some looser renters move in on the corner, we suspect their selling drugs with the traffic that has been generated over the past couple weeks since they moved in.

We have a video surveillance system on the front of the house, I guess tomorrow I'll go through the tape and see if I can find the sucker. Then I'm calling the Sheriff, I'm going to call anyhow just to report it and ask for more patrols on the house on the corner.

We're good friends with a couple of the Sheriffs, I'm sure they will cruise by a bit more for us.

I hate thieves!!!!
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #7807
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,224
I think the Muslims have the right Idea. Start wacking off hands an see how fast that stops.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #7808
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I think the Muslims have the right Idea. Start wacking off hands an see how fast that stops.
I'm all for that. I think Mike will be game too, he was so pissed. It's such a stupid thing to take and now he's got to take the time to go buy another and he said he will chain the sucker to the frame!
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #7809
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,224
Be nice if you have them on surveillance footage.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:33 AM   #7810
05 TJ

WF Supporting Member
 
K9HDLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
That would look good on pepper.

Andy we just got in from dinner too. Whoo it was way more expensive than i remember.
Shesh!!!! Tell me about it. The wife and I run up a bill when we go there, but try adding three adult children to the bill. Haha. We had a great time though, so worth it!
__________________
My partner Samson says do I get to go?
K9HDLR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #7811
05 TJ

WF Supporting Member
 
K9HDLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
Some dumb ass thief stole the propane tank off the front of my little Nomad trailer. Mike noticed tonight that it's missing and it was there on Wed. when he moved the trailer. Pisses me off that now we have to double check everything and lock ever item up.

We've had some looser renters move in on the corner, we suspect their selling drugs with the traffic that has been generated over the past couple weeks since they moved in.

We have a video surveillance system on the front of the house, I guess tomorrow I'll go through the tape and see if I can find the sucker. Then I'm calling the Sheriff, I'm going to call anyhow just to report it and ask for more patrols on the house on the corner.

We're good friends with a couple of the Sheriffs, I'm sure they will cruise by a bit more for us.

I hate thieves!!!!
That sucks but cool that you have video.
__________________
My partner Samson says do I get to go?
K9HDLR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:36 AM   #7812
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Be nice if you have them on surveillance footage.
The angle of camera 5 catches the hitch on the trailer, they have to be in sight when they removed the tank. My camera 3 would catch them at the sidewalk and in front of my house. I'm going to have to sit for a couple hours and skim through the tapes
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #7813
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,224
How sweet to see their face on camera.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #7814
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,957
I hope they smiled for the camera
JoeBot13 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 02:43 AM   #7815
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,224
They won't be smilin with numbers under their chin's.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 03:01 AM   #7816
Jeeper
 
Ditchdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Placentia
Posts: 3,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I think the Muslims have the right Idea. Start wacking off hands an see how fast that stops.
Then what put them on permanent disability? Longer sentences is what really deters thief. We also need more stand your ground laws to protect owners
__________________
Bender Bending Rodriguez is my role model.
Ditchdoc is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #7817
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
Some dumb ass thief stole the propane tank off the front of my little Nomad trailer. Mike noticed tonight that it's missing and it was there on Wed. when he moved the trailer. Pisses me off that now we have to double check everything and lock ever item up.

We've had some looser renters move in on the corner, we suspect their selling drugs with the traffic that has been generated over the past couple weeks since they moved in.

We have a video surveillance system on the front of the house, I guess tomorrow I'll go through the tape and see if I can find the sucker. Then I'm calling the Sheriff, I'm going to call anyhow just to report it and ask for more patrols on the house on the corner.

We're good friends with a couple of the Sheriffs, I'm sure they will cruise by a bit more for us.

I hate thieves!!!!
You can call us and request extra patrol at anytime. Now if the tank is worth less than 400 its petty theft and will get cited out atleast thats how we do
__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #7818
Jeeper
 
Ditchdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Placentia
Posts: 3,197
While out at cleghorn I notice something that seems to be common on jeeps. I notice people disconnecting the sway bar that itself is not unusual but without limit straps. Has anybody heard of shocks coming apart and ejecting a coil spring?
__________________
Bender Bending Rodriguez is my role model.
Ditchdoc is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #7819
05 TJ

WF Supporting Member
 
K9HDLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9HDLR View Post

It's sitting in the garage... If you want it we can figure it out.
Bumper pending sale to Elmo. Gonna look good on Pepper
__________________
My partner Samson says do I get to go?
K9HDLR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #7820
05 TJ

WF Supporting Member
 
K9HDLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMOSYJ View Post

You can call us and request extra patrol at anytime. Now if the tank is worth less than 400 its petty theft and will get cited out atleast thats how we do
Might give the police a reason to find other stolen property though???
__________________
My partner Samson says do I get to go?
K9HDLR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #7821
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdoc View Post
While out at cleghorn I notice something that seems to be common on jeeps. I notice people disconnecting the sway bar that itself is not unusual but without limit straps. Has anybody heard of shocks coming apart and ejecting a coil spring?
I haven't heard of anything like that. The rubi's come stock with a disconnect and they don't have straps. But I guess if you had a wrong length shock on a lift you could sure end up with the shock being the limiter when the spring still has some real force behind it.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #7822
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdoc View Post
While out at cleghorn I notice something that seems to be common on jeeps. I notice people disconnecting the sway bar that itself is not unusual but without limit straps. Has anybody heard of shocks coming apart and ejecting a coil spring?
That usually doesn't happen ...not saying it can't happen ...for the most part the spring is held in place by the upper bump stop...
Now what I do see alot on the trail...enough to make me carry the parts for other people to fix it....is on Tj's & Xj's ...not sure about Jk's I haven't seen it happen yet....is that the bolt that hold the track bar on will snap and the front of the jeep will just fall over to the side and can spit alot of parts onto the ground if you don't realize it quickly and stop the jeep...
So make sure if you have one of these vehicles to carry the parts and the tools needed to fix this or its going to be a VERY long day on the trail..
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #7823
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdoc View Post
Then what put them on permanent disability? Longer sentences is what really deters thief. We also need more stand your ground laws to protect owners
No disability or welfare. You get caught you gotta find a 1 handed job or your gonna starve. Get caught twice you lose the other one. 3 times you lose yer punkin. I hear it all the time. Oh I'll just go in and do 6 mo to a year and get 3 squares a day. Wife and kids get welfare.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #7824
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,224
On Pontiac the JK guy in front of us lost his rear track bolt. I noticed it when it dropped. We got him stopped after about 100 yards. One of the guys had a front disconnect bolt from a JK. Guess what it is the same bolt. We found the bolt and got him back on his way.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #7825
Jeeper
 
Ditchdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Placentia
Posts: 3,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post

No disability or welfare. You get caught you gotta find a 1 handed job or your gonna starve. Get caught twice you lose the other one. 3 times you lose yer punkin. I hear it all the time. Oh I'll just go in and do 6 mo to a year and get 3 squares a day. Wife and kids get welfare.
I think prisons should grow there own food for the prisoners and guards.
__________________
Bender Bending Rodriguez is my role model.
Ditchdoc is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #7826
Jeeper
 
Ditchdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Placentia
Posts: 3,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post

That usually doesn't happen ...not saying it can't happen ...for the most part the spring is held in place by the upper bump stop...
Now what I do see alot on the trail...enough to make me carry the parts for other people to fix it....is on Tj's & Xj's ...not sure about Jk's I haven't seen it happen yet....is that the bolt that hold the track bar on will snap and the front of the jeep will just fall over to the side and can spit alot of parts onto the ground if you don't realize it quickly and stop the jeep...
So make sure if you have one of these vehicles to carry the parts and the tools needed to fix this or its going to be a VERY long day on the trail..
I think something like that is going on with my heap. On the ride home the front would change the track. I think it's just the bushing I can see rubber at the track bar mount or a crack on the weld but by turning the wheel left and right the chassis shifts approximately 1/2 off 0 track
__________________
Bender Bending Rodriguez is my role model.
Ditchdoc is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #7827
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,598
Attachment 248654


Compliments of city wide towing to raffle off on saturday
__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #7828
Jeeper
 
Ditchdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Placentia
Posts: 3,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMOSYJ View Post

Compliments of city wide towing to raffle off on saturday
Hey Elmo I repaired that cb radio you have me. I already got another radio. Do you want it back? Or should I just pass it forward to someone on the forum?
__________________
Bender Bending Rodriguez is my role model.
Ditchdoc is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #7829
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdoc View Post

Hey Elmo I repaired that cb radio you have me. I already got another radio. Do you want it back? Or should I just pass it forward to someone on the forum?
Pay it forward bud what was wrong with it
__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #7830
Jeeper
 
Ditchdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Placentia
Posts: 3,197
Looked like it got dead mike and transmitter was burned. About $4.00 at RadioShack. It talks just fine now.

__________________
Bender Bending Rodriguez is my role model.
Ditchdoc is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC