The SoCal Clubhouse - Page 59 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #1741
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,998
Man it is like 3 weeks till the Calico run and I am ready to go.

Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #1742
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,627
Not ready but I can't wait! By the way GOOd morning SoCal!

__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #1743
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,998
Morning Rampley. I see your going to be tent camping it. My wife and I will be at the local motel roughing it with a tub and sheets. But there will be some awesome campfire time for sure.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #1744
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner
Morning Rampley. I see your going to be tent camping it. My wife and I will be at the local motel roughing it with a tub and sheets. But there will be some awesome campfire time for sure.
I wish i could go
__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #1745
Jeeper
 
quantumracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rowlett, Texas
Posts: 537
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk

Ya the person says they'll give up some cash too , just throwing around the idea .
I got rid of my LJs hard top last year because it was a PITA. I do not miss it.
__________________
quantumracer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #1746
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumracer

I got rid of my LJs hard top last year because it was a PITA. I do not miss it.
Pita?
__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #1747
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMOSYJ

Pita?
Pain in the arse
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #1748
Jeeper
 
quantumracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rowlett, Texas
Posts: 537
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner
Yeah and then you have the hard top for when you want to take a trip and not have the wind flapping your top on the freeway. I remember those soft tops from when I was into english sports cars. Those soft tops were way more noisy.
This is actually a GREAT point. From 2008-2010 i traveled from coronado to fresno at least once a month in my jeep. I did the trip with a hard top, with a soft top, and yes I even did the trip topless! (Never again by the way). There's no comparison here. For extended highway travel the hard top is the best way to go. I usually had a headache by the end of the trip when I had the soft top. Not SUPER loud, but loud enough that after a few hours your head starts to hurt. Since we flat tow for long trips now I don't miss the hard top.
__________________
quantumracer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #1749
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,627
Ya too bad ya can't go! And Gunner I could come home I am only 30 minutes away but there's no adventure there! Lol
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #1750
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Morning Rampley. I see your going to be tent camping it. My wife and I will be at the local motel roughing it with a tub and sheets. But there will be some awesome campfire time for sure.
Someday Bob you may have to look for a little motorhome to tow your Jeep and have the tub and sheets too I love ours, we use the heck out of it plus it makes a nice guest house when our friends from Montana come to visit. They usually stay for a month or so and it's nice for them to have their own space and privacy. It's a great tax write off too, second residence if you stay 18 nights a year in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumracer View Post
I got rid of my LJs hard top last year because it was a PITA. I do not miss it.
My first TJ I kept the hard top off 90% of the time. It was nice to be able to have a convertible in just a minute. It will be nice to put the soft top on this Jeep.
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #1751
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,998
No your right some of the best fun is going to happen at the campfire. That's where friendships are going to be made.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #1752
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Man it is like 3 weeks till the Calico run and I am ready to go.
I've just got a couple more things and I'm ready too. Cleaning the motorhome and packing it just got me anxious to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrampley View Post
Ya too bad ya can't go! And Gunner I could come home I am only 30 minutes away but there's no adventure there! Lol
It's all about the adventure
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #1753
Jeeper
 
ELMOSYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1

Pain in the arse
Ohhhh lol
__________________
ITS ELMO, AKA GAMA
ELMOSYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #1754
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,998
I just don't have the money anymore for a motorhome. If i'm careful we can have a great life on what comes in. They actually have RV storage here. It is 95 bucks a year for a 40 foot space right now. But if I did a MH then I have to leave it at the trail head and run the trail then double back to get the MH. Most likely not a big deal at something like Calico or Anza though. But a problem if your running the Mojave rd. If we decide to get into the camping thing I would look into one of those off road mini trailers. They have everything.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #1755
Jeeper
 
gonzo1308's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 989
There's a chick that drive a great looking green TJ on Pendleton. I'm thinking of going all stalkerish to find her. Half doors, 35s, a little mud splatter. Rawr.
gonzo1308 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #1756
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover
I've just got a couple more things and I'm ready too. Cleaning the motorhome and packing it just got me anxious to go.

It's all about the adventure
Yep! I get no adventure at work. And home is too peaceful and quiet. Miss going out. Although I was a bit spoiled with a trailer for the Dumont days. But I loved it. As long as I have a potty I am good.
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #1757
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I just don't have the money anymore for a motorhome. If i'm careful we can have a great life on what comes in. They actually have RV storage here. It is 95 bucks a year for a 40 foot space right now. But if I did a MH then I have to leave it at the trail head and run the trail then double back to get the MH. Most likely not a big deal at something like Calico or Anza though. But a problem if your running the Mojave rd. If we decide to get into the camping thing I would look into one of those off road mini trailers. They have everything.
Your also quite a bit closer to the good trails, I guess if I was closer I would be able to go home or motel it. We're so far from the places we like to go that we usually leave the evening before so it's nice to be able to just pull off and sleep. Plus there's the dog's, without them we would have probably stuck with our cab over camper for much longer.

The one thing that just kills Mike is seeing what a deal some MH are now. We bought ours brand new in 06, we could get a 2009 diesel pusher for the same price now. The economy hit the RV industry horribly, we've seen some amazing deals.

We have no desire to go back in debt though, plus Mike has had stuff done to ours like the Banks system and some suspension things so it's perfect for our needs. Now the big test will see how it tows the JKU, I've been trying to clean it out and get rid of excess weight (crap) that isn't needed in there.
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #1758
Jeeper
 
gonzo1308's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrampley

Yep! I get no adventure at work. And home is too peaceful and quiet. Miss going out. Although I was a bit spoiled with a trailer for the Dumont days. But I loved it. As long as I have a potty I am good.
I have a potty. It's call a shovel! Very versatile lol
gonzo1308 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #1759
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1308 View Post
There's a chick that drive a great looking green TJ on Pendleton. I'm thinking of going all stalkerish to find her. Half doors, 35s, a little mud splatter. Rawr.
Well get going, you've got something in common already
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #1760
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,998
Sniper suit, night vision goggles and then find out she's married. LOL
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #1761
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,998
To an officer. really LOL
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #1762
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1308
There's a chick that drive a great looking green TJ on Pendleton. I'm thinking of going all stalkerish to find her. Half doors, 35s, a little mud splatter. Rawr.
That's funny! Just locate the jeep and leave a dinner invite on the window.
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #1763
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1308 View Post
I have a potty. It's call a shovel! Very versatile lol
When we were in South Africa Connie and I had to go potty in front of the Jeeps, in the light It was nighttime and you can't go behind the bush or you may be eaten by Hyenas or other critters.

We had to announce to everyone there we were going potty so they would turn around, lol. Now that was an adventure
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #1764
Jeeper
 
Rrampley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: APPLE VALLEY CA
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1308

I have a potty. It's call a shovel! Very versatile lol
No no no a potty!! I doesn't have to flush but it has to be a potty! Lol
__________________

Rhonda Misfit 4WD Secretary
Loving life one jeep trip at a time.
Rrampley is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #1765
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,998
I'll bet Stan could fab up a killer aluminum, long travel, coilover, camp trailer.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #1766
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Sniper suit, night vision goggles and then find out she's married. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
To an officer. really LOL
Lol, that's sad! I know people that type of thing would happen too, of course it would be her husbands Jeep too
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #1767
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Slo Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Riverside Ca.
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
Your also quite a bit closer to the good trails, I guess if I was closer I would be able to go home or motel it. We're so far from the places we like to go that we usually leave the evening before so it's nice to be able to just pull off and sleep. Plus there's the dog's, without them we would have probably stuck with our cab over camper for much longer.

The one thing that just kills Mike is seeing what a deal some MH are now. We bought ours brand new in 06, we could get a 2009 diesel pusher for the same price now. The economy hit the RV industry horribly, we've seen some amazing deals.

We have no desire to go back in debt though, plus Mike has had stuff done to ours like the Banks system and some suspension things so it's perfect for our needs. Now the big test will see how it tows the JKU, I've been trying to clean it out and get rid of excess weight (crap) that isn't needed in there.
We got our around the same time. Now we could get the same one for at least 1/3 what it cost us
Slo Mo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #1768
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,998
When Geri and I rafted the Grand canyon they taught the women how to go off the raft. Everyone had to keep paddling. We got pretty comfortable with each other by the end of 8 days.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #1769
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner
When Geri and I rafted the Grand canyon they taught the women how to go off the raft. Everyone had to keep paddling. We got pretty comfortable with each other by the end of 8 days.
Found out what was wrong with my cb reception , pinched the wire !!! Dang it on my way to get another cable then install ...
__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #1770
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo Mo View Post
We got our around the same time. Now we could get the same one for at least 1/3 what it cost us
I know, it's sickening some of the deals out there. I try not to look, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
When Geri and I rafted the Grand canyon they taught the women how to go off the raft. Everyone had to keep paddling. We got pretty comfortable with each other by the end of 8 days.
Some situations require us to just deal with it, haha.

__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC