The Virtual California Jeep Speed shop - Page 13 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #361
Jeeper
 
Dougzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Irwin California
Posts: 1,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1 View Post

Patience Grasshopper, fortune cookie said "jeep shop have 241 and d44s almost ready to harvest"

__________________
4LO or Nothin!
Dougzin is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #362
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,684
Well...here's another update on the AW-4 automatic transmission swap into my Yj... its alive and awesome.... I took it out last night and put it through the motions...everything worked as it should and I'm very happy with the out come. I'm thinking tonight I'll run across the hwy to Stoddard Wells and see how it does on Achey Breaky..
To wrap it up..this is a very straight forward swap and I'm glad I put the time and money into this to accomplish it.
If anyone that's thinking of doing this swap needs some info on this let me know I'd be glad to help you out.
Now for some wheelin...

__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #363
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - CA
Posts: 1,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Well...here's another update on the AW-4 automatic transmission swap into my Yj... its alive and awesome.... I took it out last night and put it through the motions...everything worked as it should and I'm very happy with the out come. I'm thinking tonight I'll run across the hwy to Stoddard Wells and see how it does on Achey Breaky..
To wrap it up..this is a very straight forward swap and I'm glad I put the time and money into this to accomplish it.
If anyone that's thinking of doing this swap needs some info on this let me know I'd be glad to help you out.
Now for some wheelin...
What time tonight? Need a spotter (or witness maybe)?
XJ_Phil is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #364
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,684
I'm not sure about the time yet....I still need to run it by the wife...lol
My jeep and I have been spending a lot of time together lately.. ha ha
I'm not really needing a spotter but your welcome to join me... I'll be in touch with you later today.
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #365
DTM
Jeeper
 
DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca
Posts: 592
Get that thing tested Steve. Seems lots of people have been doing mods to their jeeps this summer (me included). This is going to be a FUN winter. I see lots of desert trips in our future!!!
DTM is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #366
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - CA
Posts: 1,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
I'm not sure about the time yet....I still need to run it by the wife...lol
My jeep and I have been spending a lot of time together lately.. ha ha
I'm not really needing a spotter but your welcome to join me... I'll be in touch with you later today.
Did she mention our rendezvous at WinCo? LOL, let me know if she gives you the nod, then I'll check with my boss to see if I can go too.
XJ_Phil is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #367
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
Get that thing tested Steve. Seems lots of people have been doing mods to their jeeps this summer (me included). This is going to be a FUN winter. I see lots of desert trips in our future!!!
I well...I ran it last night and it was sweet I can't wait to go climb some rocky canyons now...
Before I put the trans in the jeep I tore it down and put new seals in it along with a Transgo kit..so far I'm glad I went with the kit it really shifts on a positive note...lol
But yeah I reading about a lot jeep builds going on on here. Should be a good year for wheelin..
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #368
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_Phil View Post
Did she mention our rendezvous at WinCo? LOL, let me know if she gives you the nod, then I'll check with my boss to see if I can go too.
Yeah... she told me she saw you guys at the store....I'll let you know about tonight.
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #369
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
I well...I ran it last night and it was sweet I can't wait to go climb some rocky canyons now...
Before I put the trans in the jeep I tore it down and put new seals in it along with a Transgo kit..so far I'm glad I went with the kit it really shifts on a positive note...lol
But yeah I reading about a lot jeep builds going on on here.
Do you know how many miles are on your aw4? I got mine from Davey's in OH and he had a bunch and ran out of low mileage units. He was really moving them. He still has lots in stock for $150 each but you have to get them shipped. The aw4 is said to be a great tranny and will run 250-300K before needing rebuilt.
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #370
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,684
Bill...its a very low mileage trans and in great working order but since I had it on the bench there was no way I was gonna put it in my jeep without going through it and at least putting new seals in it.
The Transgo kit is for the valve body.... its in simple terms like a B&M shift kit. Firmer shifting.
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #371
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,319
Now that you have joined us OLD Men in the automatic club you can get a gimbaled drink holder for the trails. Your gonna have a free hand when your wheeling now.
Gunner is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #372
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
longnose 359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cherry Valley
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Now that you have joined us OLD Men in the automatic club you can get a gimbaled drink holder for the trails. Your gonna have a free hand when your wheeling now.
Yea, next thing you know, he'll have the top on, windows rolled up, a/c going, all while listening to the dodger game. You probably won't be able to reach him on the cb anymore.
longnose 359 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #373
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnose 359 View Post
Yea, next thing you know, he'll have the top on, windows rolled up, a/c going, all while listening to the dodger game. You probably won't be able to reach him on the cb anymore.
Oh shit you may be right, that sounds just like me
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #374
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,684
You guys are funny... lol I guess I'll have to put my doors and top back on... crank up the AC along with the ball game and see what its all about...
It sure was nice not needing my left foot running the Achey Breaky.....this thing is gonna make me lazy
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #375
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,319
What is it you say? When you make things easier the rocks get bigger?
Gunner is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #376
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
What is it you say? When you make things easier the rocks get bigger?
Ant that the truth Bob...I decided I needed to put the new automatic through the motions so myself and a couple of my Desert Rat buddies from Newbury Springs made an early morning run up Sledge Hammer.... man what a fun run...happy to report no problems with the trans and install...I'm likin the auto with a manual valvebody and diggin the twin stick shifters...can't wait to hit the Dusy next weekend...

It sounds like you guys had a great time on JB yesterday too...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #377
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,319
We sure did. I got strapped the last 10 feet before we finished the trail. There was a big pointy boulder in the rocks on gatekeeper. I wanted to try it and my left front slid off and left me with a tire a foot in the air and the point in the middle of my T/Case shovel.
Gunner is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #378
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
We sure did. I got strapped the last 10 feet before we finished the trail. There was a big pointy boulder in the rocks on gatekeeper. I wanted to try it and my left front slid off and left me with a tire a foot in the air and the point in the middle of my T/Case shovel.
Nice
I love running JB backwards... I get such a kick out of coming down that steep long rocky section...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #379
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,684
OK ...well it looks like I'm finally gonna get to start on my dream jeep...I picked up my the final parts needed to start my build today... this is a 59 Willy's Wagon and I have a Dana 60 ft and 14 bolt for the rear the axles are both loaded with 513 gears and ARB ft and Detroit rear...I have a 1968 327 350 HP Vette SBC topped with Fast Fuel fuel injection.... I picked up today a 700r trans with a np205 gear driven transfer case with the 203 doubler on it...I also have a PTO winch that goes in that front bumper.... I have 38.5 Super Swamper TSLs for it too....along with a ton of other stuff like a Vintage air system for it and more...I'm looking at starting this build the end of next month....
I'm open to any and all ideas...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #380
Rocking YJ

WF Supporting Member
 
minisaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 832
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
OK ...well it looks like I'm finally gonna get to start on my dream jeep...I picked up my the final parts needed to start my build today... this is a 59 Willy's Wagon and I have a Dana 60 ft and 14 bolt for the rear the axles are both loaded with 513 gears and ARB ft and Detroit rear...I have a 1968 327 350 HP Vette SBC topped with Fast Fuel fuel injection.... I picked up today a 700r trans with a np205 gear driven transfer case with the 203 doubler on it...I also have a PTO winch that goes in that front bumper.... I have 38.5 Super Swamper TSLs for it too....along with a ton of other stuff like a Vintage air system for it and more...I'm looking at starting this build the end of next month....
I'm open to any and all ideas...
You're going to to a build thread on that bad boy. I like the aged paint job.
__________________
□||||||□
O--○-O
Misfits 4WD
minisaba is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #381
Jeeper
 
aw12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
OK ...well it looks like I'm finally gonna get to start on my dream jeep...I picked up my the final parts needed to start my build today... this is a 59 Willy's Wagon and I have a Dana 60 ft and 14 bolt for the rear the axles are both loaded with 513 gears and ARB ft and Detroit rear...I have a 1968 327 350 HP Vette SBC topped with Fast Fuel fuel injection.... I picked up today a 700r trans with a np205 gear driven transfer case with the 203 doubler on it...I also have a PTO winch that goes in that front bumper.... I have 38.5 Super Swamper TSLs for it too....along with a ton of other stuff like a Vintage air system for it and more...I'm looking at starting this build the end of next month....
I'm open to any and all ideas...
Almost a shame to tear it up on the trail unless it has major rust.
Going to build a new frame for it, those old Jeeps have frames that flex and crack like mad
aw12345 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #382
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,319
Having an old cool jeep and not wheeling it is like marrying a super model and never getting to you know... But yeah I agree on some form of either a new frame or box and cage the stocker. I am in for a Military theme but with some nice wheels and a killer interior. That is gonna be so freakin sick.
Gunner is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #383
Jeeper
 
aw12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 806
Could make a nice expedition Jeep out of it and stuff the big axles under the YJ
aw12345 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #384
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - CA
Posts: 1,169
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
OK ...well it looks like I'm finally gonna get to start on my dream jeep...I picked up my the final parts needed to start my build today... this is a 59 Willy's Wagon and I have a Dana 60 ft and 14 bolt for the rear the axles are both loaded with 513 gears and ARB ft and Detroit rear...I have a 1968 327 350 HP Vette SBC topped with Fast Fuel fuel injection.... I picked up today a 700r trans with a np205 gear driven transfer case with the 203 doubler on it...I also have a PTO winch that goes in that front bumper.... I have 38.5 Super Swamper TSLs for it too....along with a ton of other stuff like a Vintage air system for it and more...I'm looking at starting this build the end of next month....
I'm open to any and all ideas...
You say you are open for any and all ideas.......well, I have a birthday coming up. I guessing that was not one of the ideas you had in mind.
XJ_Phil is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #385
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Almost a shame to tear it up on the trail unless it has major rust.
Going to build a new frame for it, those old Jeeps have frames that flex and crack like mad
It has NO rust what so ever...super clean....I'm putting the body on a Chevy truck chassis.
I now what your thinking... why not just restore it....but a restored Wagon isn't what I've always wanted and I'll probably never sell it so I'm making it the way I want it...lol
I live in the middle of the desert so it'll see lots of wheelin that for sure...just not a lot of rocks.
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #386
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_Phil View Post
You say you are open for any and all ideas.......well, I have a birthday coming up. I guessing that was not one of the ideas you had in mind.
Yeah...not exactly...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #387
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Could make a nice expedition Jeep out of it and stuff the big axles under the YJ
I have a d60 built and ready for the Yj....the plan is to link the back, new fuel cell and stretch it during the axle swap..
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #388
Jeeper
 
Dougzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Irwin California
Posts: 1,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post

I have a d60 built and ready for the Yj....the plan is to link the back, new fuel cell and stretch it during the axle swap..
__________________
4LO or Nothin!
Dougzin is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #389
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,319
That is gonna be saweeet.
Gunner is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #390
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,684
Thanx guys...I purchased the Wagon right around a year ago and have been collecting parts ever since.... this is a project I've been dreaming about for many years now and I'm anxious to get started on it...

__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC