To My Wrangler Forum Family of Friends - Page 129 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #3841
Jeeper
 
Mavrick243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff View Post
Hell yea! I have some install to do but I'm all ready for summer wheeling!
Nice man! Its coming along very nicely!

Mavrick243 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #3842
Jeeper
 
Idriveoverstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick243

Nice man! Its coming along very nicely!
Thanks I have some arms and skids to install and I'm done till drive shaft time :/
How is your drive shaft going?

Idriveoverstuff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 04:22 AM   #3843
Jeeper
 
josea1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: desert
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff View Post
Hell yea! I have some install to do but I'm all ready for summer wheeling!

I want your top!!!!!
josea1952 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 AM   #3844
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff View Post
Hell yea! I have some install to do but I'm all ready for summer wheeling!
Nice! You'll never want to go back to hard top now!
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #3845
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,453
The Hard Top is great in the winter when the rain comes down. Oh wait, it cools off inside quicker in the summer too. Although I'm pretty sure mine will be off for BB. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #3846
Jeeper
 
Idriveoverstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 288
This works for my situation anyway, too much hassle with the "t" top style fronts and rear too weird to take off alone. I love it! Plus I can actually see out the back now.
Idriveoverstuff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #3847
Jeeper
 
Idriveoverstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by josea1952

I want your top!!!!!
Ha the hard top? You can barrow it if you want
Idriveoverstuff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #3848
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff View Post
This works for my situation anyway, too much hassle with the "t" top style fronts and rear too weird to take off alone. I love it! Plus I can actually see out the back now.
Wait until you go wheeling with no top, doors and windows!
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #3849
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post

Wait until you go wheeling with no top, doors and windows!
Um yeah he did that at miller lol
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #3850
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,453
Yeah, I'm about ready for a Nekkid Jeep myself. Top off, Doors off. It's Hot up here. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #3851
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,531
We had around 14 rigs or something..guess I didn't notice. He wasn't close enough behind me.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #3852
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,453
14 rigs snaked out over 1/2 a mile huh? Hard to keep track of everybody. It's why I only try and worry about the one behind me. And I fail at that half the time. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #3853
Jeeper
 
LouieDelTorchio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,221
Images: 1
Send a message via MSN to LouieDelTorchio Send a message via Skype™ to LouieDelTorchio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick243 View Post
I swam this morning for the first time in a few months haha. did 3075 yards, I'm a little sore already haha
You swam almost 2 miles? Damn
__________________
Louie Del Torchio
LouieDelTorchio is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #3854
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieDelTorchio View Post
You swam almost 2 miles? Damn

Ya, but you should see his skinny lanky a$$!
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #3855
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
14 rigs snaked out over 1/2 a mile huh? Hard to keep track of everybody. It's why I only try and worry about the one behind me. And I fail at that half the time. Lol
I can't help but notice everyone.... Its that whole attention to detail thing. Lol
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #3856
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
We had around 14 rigs or something..guess I didn't notice. He wasn't close enough behind me.
It was probably because precious box came on like a million times lol we all know that starts the lories dance party lol
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #3857
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwaxmyjimmy View Post

I can't help but notice everyone.... Its that whole attention to detail thing. Lol
Whatever. When you're at the front, it's impossible to see your tail gunner 90% of the time. It's what the CB is for. Standby... Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #3858
Jeeper
 
Idriveoverstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 288
And the CB doesn't work half the time anyway ha, damn line of sight, (coughthatswhyhamradioisbetter)
Idriveoverstuff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #3859
Jeeper
 
Idriveoverstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 288
Btw Kenny, ha those roof bolts were in a pouch on the cage, if you open the back it was rite there to the left ha so you can have all mine too for spares I have that quick disconnect set up anyway for when I put the top back on
Idriveoverstuff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #3860
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,453
I refuse to get a government issued license to chat on the radio. I'll tie two soup can together with a piece of string and use that first. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #3861
Jeeper
 
Idriveoverstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012
I refuse to get a government issued license to chat on the radio. I'll tie two soup can together with a piece of string and use that first. Lol
Ha it's saved my ass countless times. Only contact I has I love it
Idriveoverstuff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #3862
Jeeper
 
josea1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: desert
Posts: 308
I have a hard top, I am in love with the trek tops. I just put the hardtop back on. Im considering taking over the jeep for summer and going topless and doorless. Possibly just putting on the two front hardtops.
josea1952 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #3863
Jeeper
 
werubiblue06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
I refuse to get a government issued license to chat on the radio. I'll tie two soup can together with a piece of string and use that first. Lol
With todays technology they may be able to tap into that too!
__________________
"We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots."
~Charles F. Browne
werubiblue06 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #3864
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by werubiblue06 View Post

With todays technology they may be able to tap into that too!
Use a narrow beam microwave to read the vibrations of the string I'm sure. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #3865
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,531
So my friends-- I am responsible for sending out all Naval Messages for my command. Official word came out today. Government furlough begins the week of July 8th...for a total of 11 weeks. If they allow me to keep my RDO day as my furlough day, looks like I'll have every Monday off without pay. I won't know about the day until a little bit later. The command gets to decide.

This also means I'll take a 20% cut in pay..which is basically my wheeling money. BUT, for 3 months, I will find a way. May end up at Miller and surrounding trails a bit more this summer. Hopefully, you can guys will want to join until the furlough's over.

It is what it is.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #3866
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,453
I'll figure out a way to get up there. Especially since I missed the opening of Miller. And I love trails 111-119. Too bad about the pay cut. That sucks. At least it's only temporary.
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #3867
Jeeper
 
YjKalamity's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Murrieta/Hemet Calif.
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
So my friends-- I am responsible for sending out all Naval Messages for my command. Official word came out today. Government furlough begins the week of July 8th...for a total of 11 weeks. If they allow me to keep my RDO day as my furlough day, looks like I'll have every Monday off without pay. I won't know about the day until a little bit later. The command gets to decide.

This also means I'll take a 20% cut in pay..which is basically my wheeling money. BUT, for 3 months, I will find a way. May end up at Miller and surrounding trails a bit more this summer. Hopefully, you can guys will want to join until the furlough's over.

It is what it is.
That blows! It'll be over just in time for my birthday run though! We're going big that first weekend of October, no ifs ands or buts.
__________________
Fred just wants to mash rocks. RAWR!!!
YjKalamity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #3868
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
I'll figure out a way to get up there. Especially since I missed the opening of Miller. And I love trails 111-119. Too bad about the pay cut. That sucks. At least it's only temporary.
The only way it can get worse, is by putting my unpaid day on Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YjKalamity View Post
That blows! It'll be over just in time for my birthday run though! We're going big that first weekend of October, no ifs ands or buts.
Oh yea? Where you taking us?
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #3869
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,453
Don't jinx it. I'll find out Friday just how much worse it may be getting here. They're talking a % reduction, and a changing of job duties for all sales guys. Not sure it's gonna be what I signed up for, but we'll see what happens. Grrrrr!!!!
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #3870
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
Don't jinx it. I'll find out Friday just how much worse it may be getting here. They're talking a % reduction, and a changing of job duties for all sales guys. Not sure it's gonna be what I signed up for, but we'll see what happens. Grrrrr!!!!
Change is very rarely good.

__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC