To My Wrangler Forum Family of Friends - Page 139 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #4141
Jeeper
 
YjKalamity's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Murrieta/Hemet Calif.
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
I'm guessing that if you troubleshot it in the field, and were unable to isolate and correct the problem, then you need to stay in school a while longer. Lol
I'll tell you what Rob, I'll start carrying a spare ignition switch with me on the off chance that I need to replace one out in the field

Might as well pick up a power inverter, solder pen, and an on board welder too. Don't worry guys, I'm going to be a mobile shop soon enough! Dang, at this rate I'm going to need an LJ.

__________________
Fred just wants to mash rocks. RAWR!!!
YjKalamity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #4142
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by YjKalamity View Post

I'll tell you what Rob, I'll start carrying a spare ignition switch with me on the off chance that I need to replace one out in the field

Might as well pick up a power inverter, solder pen, and an on board welder too. Don't worry guys, I'm going to be a mobile shop soon enough! Dang, at this rate I'm going to need an LJ.
I figure we could just bypass the ignition, and pop in a push button switch in the field. Less weight and space than carrying a complete ignition. But I like your enthusiasm. Lol

RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #4143
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,772
I though of you this afternoon Rob.................no not like that

Lol, I was leaving the store and just as I got into the Jeep a lady knocks on my passenger window. My first thought was to lock the doors before I get carjacked!!

I rolled down the window a bit and she was just wanting to ask questions and look at the Jeep. Her husband was with her, they were in an older Grand Cherokee. Her husband said they want the off-roading experience and want to buy a Rubicon. After about 10 minutes, I think they were sold.

Maybe I should come work with you, I seem to be a very good salesperson
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #4144
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
I though of you this afternoon Rob.................no not like that

Lol, I was leaving the store and just as I got into the Jeep a lady knocks on my passenger window. My first thought was to lock the doors before I get carjacked!!

I rolled down the window a bit and she was just wanting to ask questions and look at the Jeep. Her husband was with her, they were in an older Grand Cherokee. Her husband said they want the off-roading experience and want to buy a Rubicon. After about 10 minutes, I think they were sold.

Maybe I should come work with you, I seem to be a very good salesperson
Come on now Lisa, you know it was just like that when you thought of me. And you haven't even met me yet. Lol

And sure, you want a job? You can have mine. Really, it ain't all it's cracked up to be. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #4145
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
Come on now Lisa, you know it was just like that when you thought of me. And you haven't even met me yet. Lol

And sure, you want a job? You can have mine. Really, it ain't all it's cracked up to be. Lol
I may not have actually met you yet, but I have a pretty good idea of how you are. Your pretty genuine online, can't differ too much from real life

I think I'll pass on the job offer, you work too hard for me. I enjoy my easy peasy job and layed back, awesome boss. Plus I make my own hours based on his fishing schedule and my need for long weekends
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #4146
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post

I may not have actually met you yet, but I have a pretty good idea of how you are. Your pretty genuine online, can't differ too much from real life

I think I'll pass on the job offer, you work too hard for me. I enjoy my easy peasy job and layed back, awesome boss. Plus I make my own hours based on his fishing schedule and my need for long weekends
Well then, can I come work for you? I do work hard. But my next job needs to pay me based on how awesome I am. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #4147
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
Well then, can I come work for you? I do work hard. But my next job needs to pay me based on how awesome I am. Lol
Sheesh, if we got paid by how awesome we are I would be a freaking billionaire Lol
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #4148
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post

Sheesh, if we got paid by how awesome we are I would be a freaking billionaire Lol
Exactly!!!
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #4149
Jeeper
 
josea1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: desert
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
Sheesh, if we got paid by how awesome we are I would be a freaking billionaire Lol

Id have like 50 bucks
josea1952 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 11:30 PM   #4150
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by josea1952 View Post
Id have like 50 bucks
Aw, that's sad
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #4151
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by josea1952 View Post

Id have like 50 bucks
That's per minute right? Because I'm not accepting any less. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #4152
Jeeper
 
YjKalamity's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Murrieta/Hemet Calif.
Posts: 1,206
Looks like my u joints are shot. Fun times. I'm going to need to lower my transfer case some more too. I really wish I had the money to do an sye and all that jazz. My hours at work got cut in half this week, so that's really going to hurt. I'm looking for side work wherever I can so I can afford big bear.
__________________
Fred just wants to mash rocks. RAWR!!!
YjKalamity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #4153
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,519
Brett..are you not for sure on BB? I can't swing my own site with this furlough..nor do I want to anyways.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #4154
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Brett, you've got almost 30 days. U-Joints are cheap. See you at BB. No excuses, or I'm putting boot to ass.
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #4155
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by YjKalamity View Post
Looks like my u joints are shot. Fun times. I'm going to need to lower my transfer case some more too. I really wish I had the money to do an sye and all that jazz. My hours at work got cut in half this week, so that's really going to hurt. I'm looking for side work wherever I can so I can afford big bear.
Another temp fix is a offset u-joint they have a higher range off motion but do tend to be more in the $50-70 range
iwaxmyjimmy is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #4156
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,830
http://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/1310-H...3331/3598/3333



Like dis homie.



Edit: http://www.4xshaft.com/Super-Flex.asp here they are cheaper but on second thought this might be to big for your drive shafts, smallest they have is half ton 1310.
iwaxmyjimmy is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #4157
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
I like the big disclaimer in red. "Warning; offset u joints will cause vibrations at speeds over 10 mph." Yeah, that's just what I want on my daily driver. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #4158
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
I like the big disclaimer in red. "Warning; offset u joints will cause vibrations at speeds over 10 mph." Yeah, that's just what I want on my daily driver. Lol
That's because the driveshaft isn't balanced for them. But using a stick on wheel weight and two hose clamps you can balance a driveshaft.
iwaxmyjimmy is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #4159
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,830
Another way is find a flange style slip yoke, drill hole through the center of it (make sure it will be centered on the output shaft). Drill/tap the output on the tcase. You can run a CV off a flange, but remember its not going to help lengthen your driveshaft. Its a poor mans SYE.
iwaxmyjimmy is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #4160
Jeeper
 
YjKalamity's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Murrieta/Hemet Calif.
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
Brett..are you not for sure on BB? I can't swing my own site with this furlough..nor do I want to anyways.
I'm doing my absolute best to make sure I'll be able to go.
__________________
Fred just wants to mash rocks. RAWR!!!
YjKalamity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #4161
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,519
I thought you booked it?
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #4162
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,519
I won't be going if I end up at that site alone.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #4163
Jeeper
 
werubiblue06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
I won't be going if I end up at that site alone.
Hook up with Skylar, he was needing a space. If anything you could go down to splitting it three ways if Brett does make it.
__________________
"We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots."
~Charles F. Browne
werubiblue06 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #4164
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by werubiblue06 View Post
Hook up with Skylar, he was needing a space. If anything you could go down to splitting it three ways if Brett does make it.
No you can't. Only 2 vehicles per site.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #4165
Jeeper
 
Mavrick243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 748
So do we have a list for BB? for who is going so far?
Mavrick243 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #4166
Jeeper
 
Mavrick243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
I won't be going if I end up at that site alone.
And lorie you better be going! Jess would be super disappointed if you couldn't make it.
Mavrick243 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #4167
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Jess won't be the only one disappointed. And then Brett will be in BIG Trouble!!!
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #4168
Jeeper
 
Mavrick243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by radarrob2012 View Post
jess won't be the only one disappointed. And then brett will be in big trouble!!!
agreed!
Mavrick243 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #4169
Jeeper
 
josea1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: desert
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
No you can't. Only 2 vehicles per site.
Lorie, the last time I was there the camp host said that they didn't really care as long as the 5 dolla holla fee per vehicle was paid and you can def squeeze a third jeep in. The morning of the run we had my jkur, another jkur, and Stans jku monster parked at our spot.

I'm still in North Dakota, I get home sat, I'll talk to the wife and see if she cares if I take Ezra camping and wheeling and give her a break from us, if you don't know by then and I can go I'll split a site with you.
josea1952 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #4170
Jeeper
 
YjKalamity's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Murrieta/Hemet Calif.
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
I thought you booked it?
I did book it. I'm going to do a MML and BL so I don't have to lower my transfer case more. Then I just need to do my u joints. Money will be very tight, but I SHOULD be able to make it.

__________________
Fred just wants to mash rocks. RAWR!!!
YjKalamity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC