To My Wrangler Forum Family of Friends - Page 187 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #5581
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,981
I'm one of those that bought a new Rubi and then put a nice chunk of $$ in it The thing for me is that I keep my vehicles forever, so I knew from the start I would never make money on it.

I also saved and planned for the cost for quite awhile, and I sold my TJ. But it's fine because I love my JKUR and Mike loves the TJ

The best part about the JK is I never would have gotten on here and met all of you guys Plus I have learned a thing or two, and found Mike some new playmates He seems to drive some people away and I just can't figure out why

__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #5582
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
I'm one of those that bought a new Rubi and then put a nice chunk of $$ in it The thing for me is that I keep my vehicles forever, so I knew from the start I would never make money on it.

I also saved and planned for the cost for quite awhile, and I sold my TJ. But it's fine because I love my JKUR and Mike loves the TJ

The best part about the JK is I never would have gotten on here and met all of you guys Plus I have learned a thing or two, and found Mike some new playmates He seems to drive some people away and I just can't figure out why
Unless I either make more money or come into some, I will never get rid of my rig. And even then, I probably still won't. I'm emotionally attached; I admit it.

The friends I've made on this site are priceless. I'm closer to you guys than my own family. I wouldn't trade that for anything.....not to mention...finding Ron. Well, actually, we met on the trail if you want to get technical about it

As for Mike..I don't understand that at all...I gravitate to him and his antics. He's just like me You and Ron can just sit back and enjoy the show when we're out together

__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #5583
Jeeper
 
Ron Wachter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 146
found Mike some new playmates He seems to drive some people away and I just can't figure out why [/QUOTE]

Some people just dont know how to have fun.
Ron Wachter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #5584
Jeeper
 
rkwfxd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Whittier
Posts: 1,385
No body and I mean NO BODY likes shiny new stuff more than me.

But, IMO there is nothing cooler than a rig that has been built busted and built again over the years by the OWNER not the factory.

Not trying to diss the new Rubis or any Rubis for that matter. I just like older built rigs that are different and reflect the owner.
rkwfxd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #5585
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwfxd View Post
No body and I mean NO BODY likes shiny new stuff more than me.

But, IMO there is nothing cooler than a rig that has been built busted and built again over the years by the OWNER not the factory.

Not trying to diss the new Rubis or any Rubis for that matter. I just like older built rigs that are different and reflect the owner.
EXACTLY. God, someone who "Gets It" !

My rig is built not bought! And I'm proud of that. When she breaks, I will fix her and build her again.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #5586
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post

EXACTLY. God, someone who "Gets It" !

My rig is built not bought! And I'm proud of that. When she breaks, I will fix her and build her again.
See I'm in the process of doing the built not bought.... But I'm actually building things for my jeep. Btw its totally saving me more money.
iwaxmyjimmy is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #5587
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
Unless I either make more money or come into some, I will never get rid of my rig. And even then, I probably still won't. I'm emotionally attached; I admit it.

The friends I've made on this site are priceless. I'm closer to you guys than my own family. I wouldn't trade that for anything.....not to mention...finding Ron. Well, actually, we met on the trail if you want to get technical about it

As for Mike..I don't understand that at all...I gravitate to him and his antics. He's just like me You and Ron can just sit back and enjoy the show when we're out together
That's because we can choose our friends, but can't choose our family members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Wachter View Post
Some people just dont know how to have fun.
I agree!! Some people take life way to serious, but not Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwfxd View Post
No body and I mean NO BODY likes shiny new stuff more than me.

But, IMO there is nothing cooler than a rig that has been built busted and built again over the years by the OWNER not the factory.

Not trying to diss the new Rubis or any Rubis for that matter. I just like older built rigs that are different and reflect the owner.
I'm pretty sure my Rubi will get broke and built repeatedly over the next 20 years, lol. Plus, Caleb is only 2 and it's his Jeep so by the time he is able to drive it I'm sure it will be well seasoned
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #5588
Jeeper
 
rkwfxd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Whittier
Posts: 1,385
The other thing about owner built rigs that I think is cool is how recognizable they are. I can usually spot Lori's rig or Bernie's rig or Ron's rig ect..... from a tiny thumb nail photo. Like their owners you get to know the "personalities" of their rigs.
rkwfxd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #5589
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwfxd View Post
The other thing about owner built rigs that I think is cool is how recognizable they are. I can usually spot Lori's rig or Bernie's rig or Ron's rig ect..... from a tiny thumb nail photo. Like their owners you get to know the "personalities" of their rigs.
This is true! And Rich, you can't miss Ron's rig now..it's wrapped with his business logo! Looks So cool! Way better than before.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #5590
Jeeper
 
rkwfxd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Whittier
Posts: 1,385
I know. I saw it right after he did it on FaceBook. We are tighter that you realize (evil laugh)

The other thing is that when I look at the scars I carry, they are not all bad. I was doing some pretty cool stuff to get them and they remind me of those times.

Same thing with the "scars" on Rocky. Most of those remind me of some pretty good times.
rkwfxd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #5591
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwfxd View Post
I know. I saw it right after he did it on FaceBook. We are tighter that you realize (evil laugh)

The other thing is that when I look at the scars I carry, they are not all bad. I was doing some pretty cool stuff to get them and they remind me of those times.

Same thing with the "scars" on Rocky. Most of those remind me of some pretty good times.
It's funny that the first scrape on the fender of the Jeep I know exactly when and where it came from. It didn't upset me, just made a memory.

I have a small scrape on the underside of back bumper on my G35, not sure where it came from and it just pisses me off that it's there. Lol, the car is so low it could have been anywhere.

It's like day and night the way I think about the two
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #5592
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,458
I have as many scrapes and scars as my rig. I feel like I've been rode hard and put up wet. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #5593
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,458
Not sure if that was bragging or complaining.
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #5594
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
I have as many scrapes and scars as my rig. I feel like I've been rode hard and put up wet. Lol
Lol.. Well.... You probably have and just can't remember.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #5595
Jeeper
 
rkwfxd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Whittier
Posts: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
It's funny that the first scrape on the fender of the Jeep I know exactly when and where it came from. It didn't upset me, just made a memory.

I have a small scrape on the underside of back bumper on my G35, not sure where it came from and it just pisses me off that it's there. Lol, the car is so low it could have been anywhere.

It's like day and night the way I think about the two
Yes exactly. I have a couple of tiny dings on my truck that I just want to have removed in the worst way. But the jeep, meah... it's all good.
rkwfxd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #5596
Jeeper
 
rkwfxd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Whittier
Posts: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
Lol.. Well.... You probably have and just can't remember.
rkwfxd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #5597
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,458
Yeah, I suffer from CRS. Can't Remember Shit. And it's getting worse as I get older. WTF???
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #5598
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
Yeah, I suffer from CRS. Can't Remember Shit. And it's getting worse as I get older. WTF???
I have that too!!! I wonder if it's contagious? My symptoms get real bad when I walk into another room, many times I just stand there and try to remember why am I here?

This disease sometimes causes great turmoil, Mike often swears he has told me something when I know he hasn't.............or has he and I just can't remember?
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #5599
Jeeper
 
werubiblue06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
I have as many scrapes and scars as my rig. I feel like I've been rode hard and put up wet. Lol
Wait, are we talking about you or your Jeep?
__________________
"We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots."
~Charles F. Browne
werubiblue06 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #5600
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by werubiblue06 View Post

Wait, are we talking about you or your Jeep?
Well played Bernie lol
iwaxmyjimmy is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #5601
Jeeper
 
SkylarM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 159
Happy Hump Day everyone!
SkylarM is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #5602
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by werubiblue06 View Post

Wait, are we talking about you or your Jeep?
Is there a difference. I am my Jeep, and my Jeep is me. Either way, we're pretty beat up. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #5603
Jeeper
 
YjKalamity's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Murrieta/Hemet Calif.
Posts: 1,206
My build keeps changing every day. Now I'm considering waiting to get on 35s for a while and putting in a Teralow with an SYE and a tummy tuck. As well as a front locker.
__________________
Fred just wants to mash rocks. RAWR!!!
YjKalamity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #5604
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM View Post
Happy Hump Day everyone!


Quote:
Originally Posted by YjKalamity View Post
My build keeps changing every day. Now I'm considering waiting to get on 35s for a while and putting in a Teralow with an SYE and a tummy tuck. As well as a front locker.
Either or... Preference
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #5605
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM View Post
Happy Hump Day everyone!
What's going on Skylar?
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #5606
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
Well, spent the day with Ron at his shop..couldn't drag myself home lol We spent some time looking at Jeep stuff of course..I broke down and ordered me some Arched MetalCloak Fenders Been wanting them for a long time. Just said screw it and ordered them. Ron is a bad influence!!

I've decided to just go ahead and get the Ford 8.8 for my rear too. Re-gearing to 4.88's and putting 35's on....Thought I could wait until after the Furlough..well; we see how well that's working out!

Because I'm doing all of this, I'm selling stuff. Thought I'd put it out here to you guys first before I post an official thread and ads.

Front gears-4.56--$100
5 MTR's/ 33x12.50 - 1 is brand new; the other four are around 50%--$ 600
Complete G2 Chromoly rear axle, Dana 35, 30 spline, 4.56 gears, ARB Locker--$1800

Let me know if there's any interest guys!

Joanzie is going to kick ass!

4.1 going in a little later and I'm beefing up the front axle as well
I'm one who has to have work done for me. I don't have a shop or tools anymore. That is a kick butt price for a shop to do the work for you. Your gonna have a little crawl monster on your hands.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #5607
Jeeper
 
SkylarM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
What's going on Skylar?
Working like a dog! If said dog sits in an air conditioned office staring at glowing rectangles all day and night...

Getting stoked for next weekend. Is there a tentative plan?
SkylarM is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #5608
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,981
Look at this sweet little trailer Mike picked up for the TJ. It just happens to have the exact same wheels and is black, it was meant to be.

It's really nice, some guy had it made and it has adjustable suspension. Now mike can haul his crap wherever he goes, lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3550652889.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	274129
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #5609
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,284
That's sweet. Time for a battery operated blender and a keg?
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #5610
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
That's sweet. Time for a battery operated blender and a keg?
Hmm, good thinking Bob

__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC