To My Wrangler Forum Family of Friends - Page 365 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-13-2014, 01:55 AM   #10921
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cottonwood, AZ
Posts: 4,468
So Terri and I took a leisurely drive through Johnson Valley today. Didn't hit any trails since we were alone, but drove Camp Rock Rd. from the 247 all the way to the 40 in Daggett. Just a Gorgeous day in the desert. We needed to get away for a little bit.

RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:08 AM   #10922
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Cool Rob..glad you can make it out to somewhere!

__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #10923
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cottonwood, AZ
Posts: 4,468
Yep. And going the way we did opened up a ton of ideas for camping.
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:54 AM   #10924
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Ideas for camping?

It's kind of nice crawling rocks all day in CB and then being at camp in less than 5 minutes when we're done.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #10925
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cottonwood, AZ
Posts: 4,468
There's a lot more to JV than CB. And sometimes the regular campsites get crowded. I like a small group that can be as rowdy as we want without disturbing the neighbors or scaring the kiddies. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #10926
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
There's a lot more to JV than CB. And sometimes the regular campsites get crowded. I like a small group that can be as rowdy as we want without disturbing the neighbors or scaring the kiddies. Lol
I know that. The camping at cb is pretty spread out. There are no really campsites.. But rather a place people have decided to setup camp and build rock rings. I've camped there several times now and have never been bothered by any noise from other groups. It's a huge enough area.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #10927
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cottonwood, AZ
Posts: 4,468
It is pretty Ginormous. And that's all I'm saying, that I found other places farther in that would be cool to camp at that are close to other wheeling areas. But then again, that's just about everywhere out there.
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #10928
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
It is pretty Ginormous. And that's all I'm saying, that I found other places farther in that would be cool to camp at that are close to other wheeling areas. But then again, that's just about everywhere out there.
Gotcha.. Well, whenever you have time!
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #10929
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cottonwood, AZ
Posts: 4,468
There's the catch, finding time.
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #10930
Jeeper
 
aw12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
There's the catch, finding time.
Finding time is always a juggling act. Spend my whole vacation week tinkering.
Would have liked a bit of wheelin time, but felt like making progress on my Scrappy built. plumbed the rear mounted radiator, made most of the exhaust.
plumbed the entire brake system, fabricated a full hydro steering system. Made the rear driveshafts. Finished the cyl head install, got it running, steering, stopping. Had a hell of a time getting the air out of the cooling system, but got that done too. None of the cooling system pipes leak, brakes are good, steering doesn't leak. Ran like crap yesterday, figured that out and corrected it today.
So all in all a pretty good week



Now on to all the rest of stuff it needs
Hope to do a shakedown run somewhere this fall
aw12345 is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:46 PM   #10931
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cottonwood, AZ
Posts: 4,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Finding time is always a juggling act. Spend my whole vacation week tinkering. Would have liked a bit of wheelin time, but felt like making progress on my Scrappy built. plumbed the rear mounted radiator, made most of the exhaust. plumbed the entire brake system, fabricated a full hydro steering system. Made the rear driveshafts. Finished the cyl head install, got it running, steering, stopping. Had a hell of a time getting the air out of the cooling system, but got that done too. None of the cooling system pipes leak, brakes are good, steering doesn't leak. Ran like crap yesterday, figured that out and corrected it today. So all in all a pretty good week Now on to all the rest of stuff it needs Hope to do a shakedown run somewhere this fall
I hear ya. I spent most of yesterday tightening just about every nut and bolt under my heap. Was gonna go out today, but spent quite a while chasing what I thought was an electrical short but ended up being a loose headlight connector. And I picked up pads, shoes and fluid so I can do my brakes on my next day off. If I don't just pay my mechanic an hours labor to do it for me.
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:03 PM   #10932
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Hear something funny? ! New friend made this after wheeling Calico with me last weekend....it's comical..

Bad Ass Jeep - YouTube

And a Survivor show audition tape I made but not going to use. I'm making another one April 19th that will blow this one out of the water!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhfDczDjIuPUGtXcHU0b0JvU0U/edit?usp=sharing
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #10933
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cottonwood, AZ
Posts: 4,468
Cute. But yeah, 3 wheeling at CB might be better. You go girl!!!
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:25 PM   #10934
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 8,305
That was really cool.
Gunner is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:03 AM   #10935
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Thanks Bob
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:22 AM   #10936
Jeeper
 
Mavrick243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 750
GAH! I miss Wheeling and my Wheeling family!!!
Mavrick243 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #10937
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Yep
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #10938
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cottonwood, AZ
Posts: 4,468
X2.^^^^
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #10939
Jeeper
 
Tanks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 636
Well, we're less than a month from Miller opening back up! That means there's a Yellow Jacket cleanup coming to a forum thread near you soon right?
__________________
It's hip to be square.

[_]lllllll[_]
Tanks is online now   Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #10940
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
That is correct
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:24 PM   #10941
Jeeper
 
That_Titan_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Porterville, CA
Posts: 118
Guess who's back... back again...
That_Titan_Guy is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:21 PM   #10942
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cottonwood, AZ
Posts: 4,468
Holy Mother of God!!! Someone resurrected this thread. What's up Titan guy?
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:42 AM   #10943
Jeeper
 
WTON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
Hear something funny? ! New friend made this after wheeling Calico with me last weekend....it's comical..

Bad Ass Jeep - YouTube

And a Survivor show audition tape I made but not going to use. I'm making another one April 19th that will blow this one out of the water!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxh...it?usp=sharing
Video is bad ass and so are you!
WTON is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #10944
Jeeper
 
That_Titan_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Porterville, CA
Posts: 118
Haha not much Rob, getting my Class A and gonna be hitting the road... already found on jeep on here I'm interested in if the money flows in right. My big T can only fit so many places...lol
That_Titan_Guy is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:50 PM   #10945
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Titan_Guy View Post
Guess who's back... back again...


Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
Holy Mother of God!!! Someone resurrected this thread. What's up Titan guy?
lol Too funny it's only been a year since anyone has been on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTON View Post
Video is bad ass and so are you!
Aww ..well thanks.. maybe you'll hit a trail with us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Titan_Guy View Post
Haha not much Rob, getting my Class A and gonna be hitting the road... already found on jeep on here I'm interested in if the money flows in right. My big T can only fit so many places...lol
'Bout time D! Jeeeep!!
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:15 PM   #10946
Jeeper
 
That_Titan_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Porterville, CA
Posts: 118
yup this one peaked my interests, I'd like to have a manual tranny though http://www.wranglerforum.com/f139/98...a-1092802.html
That_Titan_Guy is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:40 PM   #10947
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Yep- save your pennies
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:23 PM   #10948
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 4,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Titan_Guy View Post
yup this one peaked my interests, I'd like to have a manual tranny though http://www.wranglerforum.com/f139/98...a-1092802.html
Not to interrupt your thread, but look on craigslist for the San Francisco, Monterey area. My dad just bought a 91 YJ and had me help him find it. There were a lot of jeeps in that area for sale. Quite a few were just highway drivers. Just a suggestion, good luck
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:18 PM   #10949
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
Not to interrupt your thread, but look on craigslist for the San Francisco, Monterey area. My dad just bought a 91 YJ and had me help him find it. There were a lot of jeeps in that area for sale. Quite a few were just highway drivers. Just a suggestion, good luck
Good advice And never any interruption. Back in the day, this thread was a lot of fun and everyone and anyone talked about anything.

I'm looking forward to seeing how many truck guys we can convert into Jeep guys
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:25 PM   #10950
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 4,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post

Good advice And never any interruption. Back in the day, this thread was a lot of fun and everyone and anyone talked about anything.

I'm looking forward to seeing how many truck guys we can convert into Jeep guys
I'm guessing if they spend a weekend out on the rocks and keep an open mind, quite a few.

My dad found his YJ in Santa Cruz. It was a 3.5 hour drive, but worth it. It's got a brand new engine, completely repainted, new teamsmission, clutch, tires and wheels. The entire Jeep is immaculate. It was a garage queen and the owner restores classic Corvettes and Porsches. He paid 7800. And is happy as can be to be back in a jeep. Now he just needs to get the Sami sold.

__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC