To My Wrangler Forum Family of Friends - Page 65 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #1921
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
I would say we could all crash at your place, but if there's more than three of us, there's not enough floor space. Lol. HV sounds Great!!!
Shoot, there's barely room for the cat in this place.

OK, so while lying on the beach this afternoon, I will come up with a post for that weekend. Any and all will be invited.

__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #1922
Jeeper
 
werubiblue06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 1,164
What day does sky ranch open? Is it end of April or early May?

Maybe at a lake? Although they usually charge for camping. But I know most or some of you prefer to not pay for camping.

A beach or Lake front would be our vote. There must be a beach close by where they allow tents. A water front of sorts should remove the focus off Jeeping to the friend getting together enjoying each others company.

__________________
"We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots."
~Charles F. Browne
werubiblue06 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #1923
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,522
Ok, well we can all look around and see what's up..Im ok with spending $10 to camp, but anymore than that is too much..plus gas and food..now I need to watch my funds. Not getting paid as much with the furlough..and wont have the cash.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #1924
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,522
I think to camp anywhere around a lake or ocean is going to be $25+ a night..I can't swing that right now..Gorman isn't anything pretty, but it is a place that accomodates many people for an inexpensive price. AND within a decent drive. Gas is outrageous. If anyone knows of anything like Gorman with water... ?

I wont be putting on any runs..nothing will be planned but fun and games...few beers, grub and chats...if anyone wants to go tool around for an hour, go for it..I wouldn't be organizing anything but a circle at camp.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #1925
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Bernie got a FREE $100.00. Let him pay for camping. Lol. Just kidding B. I could spring for $10.00 a night. And we can have a HUGE Fire at HV. Maybe even sneak up the back way to Dutchmans and take a look at Miller from above. Easy Wheeling with good friends, Family really. Yeah, there's nothing better. Whoop Whoop!!!
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #1926
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
Bernie got a FREE $100.00. Let him pay for camping. Lol. Just kidding B. I could spring for $10.00 a night. And we can have a HUGE Fire at HV. Maybe even sneak up the back way to Dutchmans and take a look at Miller from above. Easy Wheeling with good friends, Family really. Yeah, there's nothing better. Whoop Whoop!!!
Good idea Rob!!! Ok Bernie? Then we can camp on the water
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #1927
Jeeper
 
werubiblue06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post

Good idea Rob!!! Ok Bernie? Then we can camp on the water
Hold on I'm still laughing...Ahhhh NO! But thanks for both of your generosity with my money.

But I'll cook you both a good steak sometime.
__________________
"We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots."
~Charles F. Browne
werubiblue06 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #1928
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by werubiblue06 View Post
Hold on I'm still laughing...Ahhhh NO! But thanks for both of your generosity with my money.

But I'll cook you both a good steak sometime.
BOOooooo!!!

Ok, so before I post up, I will wait to hear from the rest of the core group to see if they can come up with anything better than Gorman. I'm open to ideas that keep the cost of camping down and within 2 hour Max due to the price of gas. I won't be getting paid for every monday until the end of Sept. That's a huge chunk of cash I'll be missing due to this Gov shutdown.

Thank you Mr. Obama for your service.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #1929
Jeeper
 
werubiblue06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post

Thank you Mr. Obama for your service.
Damn it, I just bit my tongue. I think I'm blending. Lol
__________________
"We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots."
~Charles F. Browne
werubiblue06 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #1930
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,522
And I'm bleeding from wallet thanks to him. No good POS.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #1931
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,522
On a lighter note..this will make everyone laugh...friend sent it Sorry link's so big, cant get it to go smaller

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zqIEZCRjR_A?rel=0






__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #1932
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
On a lighter note..this will make everyone laugh...friend sent it Sorry link's so big, cant get it to go smaller

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zqIEZCRjR_A?rel=0
One eyed Willie the bank robber. Thanks, I needed that.
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #1933
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by werubiblue06 View Post

Hold on I'm still laughing...Ahhhh NO! But thanks for both of your generosity with my money.

But I'll cook you both a good steak sometime.
We're going to hold you to that steak dinner then B. I'm freaking starving!!!
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #1934
Jeeper
 
werubiblue06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post

We're going to hold you to that steak dinner then B. I'm freaking starving!!!
It would be my pleasure!
__________________
"We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots."
~Charles F. Browne
werubiblue06 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #1935
Jeeper
 
rkwfxd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Whittier
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
Ok, well we can all look around and see what's up..Im ok with spending $10 to camp, but anymore than that is too much..plus gas and food..now I need to watch my funds. Not getting paid as much with the furlough..and wont have the cash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
I think to camp anywhere around a lake or ocean is going to be $25+ a night..I can't swing that right now..Gorman isn't anything pretty, but it is a place that accomodates many people for an inexpensive price. AND within a decent drive. Gas is outrageous. If anyone knows of anything like Gorman with water... ?

I wont be putting on any runs..nothing will be planned but fun and games...few beers, grub and chats...if anyone wants to go tool around for an hour, go for it..I wouldn't be organizing anything but a circle at camp.
Sheesh at this rate with gas going up and taxes going up and health insurance going up and pay going down (all Bush's fault of course - or Regans) we are going to have to have an internet party. Pick a date and time all log on from home and get drunk and chat.
rkwfxd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #1936
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwfxd View Post

Sheesh at this rate with gas going up and taxes going up and health insurance going up and pay going down (all Bush's fault of course - or Regans) we are going to have to have an internet party. Pick a date and time all log on from home and get drunk and chat.
I don't care if taxes go up to 50%, and gas tops $10.00 a gallon, I'm going to WHEEL!!! I'll make sure we pick someplace with 4G coverage, and I'll send you updates from the trail. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #1937
Jeeper
 
werubiblue06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwfxd View Post

Sheesh at this rate with gas going up and taxes going up and health insurance going up and pay going down (all Bush's fault of course - or Regans) we are going to have to have an internet party. Pick a date and time all log on from home and get drunk and chat.
Hahaha that is funny in a sad way!
__________________
"We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots."
~Charles F. Browne
werubiblue06 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #1938
Jeeper
 
rkwfxd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Whittier
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by werubiblue06 View Post
Hahaha that is funny in a sad way!
Most of my life is.
rkwfxd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #1939
Jeeper
 
Mavrick243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by werubiblue06 View Post
It would be my pleasure!
I want a steak dinner! haha
Mavrick243 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #1940
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick243 View Post

I want a steak dinner! haha
Hey Parker!!! Get out of our Kool-Aid. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #1941
Jeeper
 
werubiblue06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post

Hey Parker!!! Get out of our Kool-Aid. Lol
It's ok Rob, I like Parker. We can share, at worst case I could look up in the Internet for some program where the Feds will help me buy you each a steak.

What do they call that "Free Obama Money?"
__________________
"We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots."
~Charles F. Browne
werubiblue06 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #1942
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by werubiblue06 View Post

It's ok Rob, I like Parker. We can share, at worst case I could look up in the Internet for some program where the Feds will help me buy you each a steak.

What do they call that "Free Obama Money?"
I was just kidding him B. if I know you, there will be plenty of meat for everybody. And steak too. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #1943
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick243 View Post
I want a steak dinner! haha
Parker...any ideas on where to have this party? Besides HV..
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #1944
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Do any of you up there know anything about Lake Piru? I see that it's in Ventura, and has tent and RV camping. $20.00 a night seems a little steep to me though. Just saying, I'm a FREE kind of guy. But I'll step up if the place warrants it.
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #1945
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
Do any of you up there know anything about Lake Piru? I see that it's in Ventura, and has tent and RV camping. $20.00 a night seems a little steep to me though. Just saying, I'm a FREE kind of guy. But I'll step up if the place warrants it.
WHOOAA!!! Non alcohol Park ?? ...that ain't gona fly with this group!!

Reservations Policies

LAKE PIRU RECREATION AREA
RESERVATION INFORMATION–PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Reservations may be made year round at Lake Piru Recreation Area kiosk and are accepted up to one (1) year but no less than one (1) week in advance of the indicated date of arrival. Telephone reservations are accepted by credit card only (Visa/MasterCard), Monday-Thursday from 8am to 4pm. To make a reservation, call (805) 521-1500 or print a copy of the reservation form on this web site, fill it out completely and either fax to (805) 521-1208 or mail it to the address above.
Reservations are confirmed either in person or by mail. We must receive your request through the mail, by phone or in person it least 1 week prior to the indicated date of arrival. SORRY, NO EXCEPTIONS.

The Park is a Non Alcohol Park.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #1946
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post

WHOOAA!!! Non alcohol Park ?? ...that ain't gona fly with this group!!

Reservations Policies

LAKE PIRU RECREATION AREA
RESERVATION INFORMATION–PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Reservations may be made year round at Lake Piru Recreation Area kiosk and are accepted up to one (1) year but no less than one (1) week in advance of the indicated date of arrival. Telephone reservations are accepted by credit card only (Visa/MasterCard), Monday-Thursday from 8am to 4pm. To make a reservation, call (805) 521-1500 or print a copy of the reservation form on this web site, fill it out completely and either fax to (805) 521-1208 or mail it to the address above.
Reservations are confirmed either in person or by mail. We must receive your request through the mail, by phone or in person it least 1 week prior to the indicated date of arrival. SORRY, NO EXCEPTIONS.

The Park is a Non Alcohol Park.
Doesn't bother me in the least. Lol. But my sincere apologies to the group. I did not know. Hence the asking. Lol. But yeah, we will never be going there. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #1947
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Okay then, how about El Capitan State Beach? Im trying. I just don't know the area, and I'm actually leaning towards HV anyways. Where we can at least tool around a little in the Jeeps. You know?
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #1948
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,522
It's easily another hour north of me..and I'm not sure what it costs to stay there..prob $30 a night. Hell, Emma Wood was $30 a night.

I think HV will be least expensive, best location for everybody and no hassle reservations. People can just show up whenever they want. $10 to camp..$5 day pass.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #1949
Jeeper
 
Ditchdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Placentia
Posts: 3,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012
Do any of you up there know anything about Lake Piru? I see that it's in Ventura, and has tent and RV camping. $20.00 a night seems a little steep to me though. Just saying, I'm a FREE kind of guy. But I'll step up if the place warrants it.
That place sucks. It's really pretty but you can't do anything on the water. No body contact no swimming, wading, can't even put a canoe in. The boats have to be a certain width it's just to many rules. One day when I'm old and crazy I'm gonna go dynamite fishing there and just have a blast.
__________________
Bender Bending Rodriguez is my role model.
Ditchdoc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #1950
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
It's easily another hour north of me..and I'm not sure what it costs to stay there..prob $30 a night. Hell, Emma Wood was $30 a night.

I think HV will be least expensive, best location for everybody and no hassle reservations. People can just show up whenever they want. $10 to camp..$5 day pass.
See, the more we do this, the more I'm convinced it should be HV. Besides, I really want to run up to Dutchmans Camp and see how Millers looking. You know? Maybe get lucky and find an open gate. Lol

RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC