Who still wants to wheel 8/11 - Silverwood - Pilot Rock - Page 4 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #91
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwfxd View Post
Anyone know how to post a video? Pm me your email and I will send the video of the jerk blazing his own trail in the Land Cruiser.
Easiest way is to post it to https://www.youtube.com/

Create an account, click upload. Then either post the link, or let us know what your username is.

suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #92
Jeeper
 
rkwfxd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Whittier
Posts: 1,385
I sent it to Stan. He figured out how to get Bills jeep upright and running he figured out what was wrong with his jk he figured out how to get idiot kid two unstuck from being hghi centered and resting on Stans bumper. I have full convidence in his ability to post a video. Lol.

rkwfxd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #93
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwfxd View Post
I sent it to Stan. He figured out how to get Bills jeep upright and running he figured out what was wrong with his jk he figured out how to get idiot kid two unstuck from being hghi centered and resting on Stans bumper. I have full convidence in his ability to post a video. Lol.

Guess not...

Most videos are too large for email.

Anyone up for doing this run again on Saturday?
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #94
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking

Guess not...

Most videos are too large for email.

Anyone up for doing this run again on Saturday?
It emailed fine. I saw it in the office today. Stan was a busy hamster today. I'm sure he will post it ASAP.
__________________
Jeeperformance, Inc
Yucaipa CA.
877-795-JEEP
https://www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc http://www.jeeperformanceinc.com/
JPi4.0 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #95
Jeeper
 
hwy1rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 643
A lot of metal crunching in that video. He's lucky he did not end up with a fluid leak of some kind.
hwy1rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #96
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
What happened to Tread Lightly? As responsible Wheelers, you guys should have discouraged that Moron from going off the designated trail. Not encouraging and laughing at him. Grrr...
Easy there big guy...we didnt even know what he was planning on until he was over the edge, we do tread lightly thank you and did nothing to encourage him. We never even saw or talked to him. The laughing is from whomever filmed it on their phone.
BillG.OTD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #97
Jeeper
 
rkwfxd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Whittier
Posts: 1,385
Yeah Rob, it is not on video but before he actually started over the edge it looked to me like he might be up to something and I yelled over to him that it was a bad idea. I also spoke to the idiot in the white bronco who I thought was with the idiot in the LC and told him it was a bad idea. Finally, if you turn the volume up you can hear part of my final phrase when I yelled over, "I don't understand why you had to do that." You can only hear the first part.

No one in our group was encouraging him to do that and in fact I thought he was going to be seriously injured.
rkwfxd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #98
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,555
We, as wheelers, are constantly writing letters, faxing and calling the politians to PLEASE keep our trails open. These kind of PUBLIC videos are Fuel for their fire and all they need to close yet another one. It would be wise to share this kind of stuff privately if you happen to catch it on video.

If I was there, they would have had to deal with the wrath of Lorie if I caught up to them! It's unacceptable.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #99
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,458
Alright Fellas, I apologize to the responsible wheelers that I may have offended. I live 30 mins. From the SBNF, and am not prepared to lose a single trail to morons like that. Maybe if he had got stuck or injured, it would have caused him to think twice in the future. I'm pretty serious about not leaving anyone behind, but in his case, I'd leave his rig pinned to a tree before got my strap out to help.
Tread Lightly!!!
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #100
Jeeper
 
hwy1rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
Alright Fellas, I apologize to the responsible wheelers that I may have offended. I live 30 mins. From the SBNF, and am not prepared to lose a single trail to morons like that. Maybe if he had got stuck or injured, it would have caused him to think twice in the future. I'm pretty serious about not leaving anyone behind, but in his case, I'd leave his rig pinned to a tree before got my strap out to help.
Tread Lightly!!!
Naw Rob, you and I both would have read him the riot act then helped him out. One idiot does not bequeath another.
hwy1rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #101
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy1rubi

Naw Rob, you and I both would have read him the riot act then helped him out. One idiot does not bequeath another.
Don't be so sure. I can be pretty stubborn. I'd make sure he was physically okay, but after that, all bets are off. He might have to walk home naked. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #102
Jeeper
 
530ktm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,738
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
We, as wheelers, are constantly writing letters, faxing and calling the politians to PLEASE keep our trails open. These kind of PUBLIC videos are Fuel for their fire and all they need to close yet another one. It would be wise to share this kind of stuff privately if you happen to catch it on video.

If I was there, they would have had to deal with the wrath of Lorie if I caught up to them! It's unacceptable.
First of all, we were all busy with the situation with in our group and trying to upright a Jeep and get it running. Second, this dumb ass was up around the bend from where we were working and we did not sit and watch him to see what he was doing. The dumb ass in the Bronco was about to be attacked by the women in our group who had enough of the stupid mentality for the day. You are preaching to the wrong group of people about treading lightly on this one as none of us appreciated what was going on there.
530ktm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #103
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,555
Wasn't preaching to anyone. Just stating facts. It's not wise to post up stuff like that; whether you were a part of it or not. The bottom line is, it makes "offroaders" look badly...and does Nothing but give fuel to the fire for more closures.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #104
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,458
I don't call it preaching, I call it passionate about what we do. And would really like to be able to continue doing. We're losing Johnson Valley. The Marines will win this one, I am 99.9% certain of that. And I don't want to lose any more trails is all.
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #105
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 View Post
I don't call it preaching, I call it passionate about what we do. And would really like to be able to continue doing. We're losing Johnson Valley. The Marines will win this one, I am 99.9% certain of that. And I don't want to lose any more trails is all.
I don't think we're losing JV due to irresponsible wheeling. It's because the Marines want it.

Hmm. Maybe if I join the Marines reserve they will let me wheel there?
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #106
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,118
I talked to Stan about it. He of course had no intention of giving anyone the idea that we condone those actions or that the image of the idiot in the video would reflect poorly upon the offroad community. In fact this person is in a small suv and is not an off road enthusiast at all. He was simnply an idiot on alcohol who is lucky he didnt overturn and cause serious problems. I sent a message to the Mod Squad, but I am sure that it will require the OP to do so.

To those who have not wheeled with us and assumed the worst, I would ask that you hold your judgements to yourself until you do! We practice very responsible off road habits!
BillG.OTD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #107
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,649
I have requested the moderator to pull the video. Sorry to cause tension on this fine forum.
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #108
Jeeper
 
InvertChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NoVa
Posts: 7,917
Gone I'd take it off of YouTube if it was bad. I can't watch it on my mobile
__________________
|2004 Jeep TJ "Green Machine"|4.0L 5 speed Dana44|33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs|2.5" RC coils + 1.25" body lift|OME NitroSport shocks|4.56 gears|Skid Row Engine Skid|BCC Sliders|Currie AntiRock|
InvertChaos is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #109
Jeeper
 
turdhurdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hemet, CA Hemet is Heaven...
Posts: 7,282
Send a message via AIM to turdhurdler
I can speak positively of the group first hand as I have wheeled with them in the past. They are confident and respectful people that you will surely call friends once you have the chance to meet them. Now, with all that said, in the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all get along"?

Jeff
__________________
Mall crawlin' in 4 Lo.
turdhurdler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #110
Jeeper
 
530ktm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,738
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvertChaos View Post
Gone I'd take it off of YouTube if it was bad. I can't watch it on my mobile
To be perfectly honest, you can not even tell this jerk was not on some type of trail from the angle of the camera. Anyone watching this could not tell what was going on except for the fact that he was going down and over some obstacles too fast and too careless. Now don't go flaming me for I am not disagreeing with anyone and their thoughts.
530ktm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #111
Jeeper
 
Kaisertod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
To be perfectly honest, you can not even tell this jerk was not on some type of trail from the angle of the camera. Anyone watching this could not tell what was going on except for the fact that he was going down and over some obstacles too fast and too careless. Now don't go flaming me for I am not disagreeing with anyone and their thoughts.
There you go being perfectly honest again... sheeze.

Kaisertod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC