The Spokane/CDA Area containment thread - Page 47 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Washington Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #1381
Jeeper
 
Lance03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 254
Hey DPX, If you go and get that 8.8 for that guy and it does not work out, I will take it.

Lance03 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #1382
Jeeper
 
wmpiehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance03 View Post
Hey DPX, If you go and get that 8.8 for that guy and it does not work out, I will take it.
Don't try to scam on my 8.8

He is actually not getting one for me because I won't be able to make it up to Spo-compton

wmpiehl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #1383
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_97TJ View Post
Lame

So um yeah, about that......I'm not going to be able to make it out there or anywhere. With this government shutdown thing going on I will no longer be receiving a paycheck until this whole thing gets sorted out. I don't have a whole lot saved up to live on and pay bills so I won't be going anywhere or doing anything until I start getting paid again.
I'll pay for your gas......LOL and

"Military members will continue get paid through April 8th

I'm betting it won't last too long........just enough to make a point!
timbertiger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #1384
Genius!

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Coyote_94YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 20,890
Send a message via ICQ to Coyote_94YJ Send a message via Yahoo to Coyote_94YJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbertiger View Post
I'll pay for your gas......LOL and

"Military members will continue get paid through April 8th

I'm betting it won't last too long........just enough to make a point!
That's cool. It will have to be Saturday then. I'll probably leave here around 9am. I won't be heading up to Compressor. I think it will be a wasted trip.

Ya, I'll get a paycheck for 8 days. That's not going to cut it. That won't even make the car payment. The last time something like this happened it lasted 21 days. We'll see what happens. I have ZERO faith in the current administration.
Coyote_94YJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #1385
Jeeper
 
Lumberjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beverly, MA
Posts: 487
quick question

what gear oil would you recommend for my 4.56 gears? synthetic or conventional? 80-90w or 75-140w?

Jerry on the forums recommended valvoline 75-140w ( i think thats the right one) non synthetic. Its not expensive either. Im not doing RP, way too expensive or spending $18 QT. Let me know what you all recommend so that i can go buy it and change my fluid tomorrow
__________________
2005 Red Rubicon, 33's, 4.5" RE SA lift, 1" BL and some other goodies....
2000 TJ Sport-Sold

Just Moved to Beverly, MA Nov 14th! Love it!
Lumberjack is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #1386
Jeeper
 
Square_Eyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hayden, Idaho
Posts: 1,428
I use conventional 80-90w GL-5, not really picky on brands basically what ever is cheapest because I change mine pretty often lol
__________________
Gettin' Stuck Like A BOSS

Darkproximity- Sometimes I wonder if your jeep was assembled by 8 year olds with nail guns and a lot of caffeine
Square_Eyes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #1387
Jeeper
 
Lumberjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beverly, MA
Posts: 487
ok i think i am going to buy the valvoline then since i will probably change my fluids every other oil change ~6,000 miles. Between that and using a lot of break cleaner to get it all nice and clean, ill be good to go tomorrow.
__________________
2005 Red Rubicon, 33's, 4.5" RE SA lift, 1" BL and some other goodies....
2000 TJ Sport-Sold

Just Moved to Beverly, MA Nov 14th! Love it!
Lumberjack is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 12:29 AM   #1388
Jeeper
 
darkproximity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not Spokane, WA
Posts: 12,000
Got my rear springs replaced and inadvertantly lifted it in the process.. Lol..
__________________
Apache chief, e ne chuk!
darkproximity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 12:41 AM   #1389
Jeeper
 
Sahara509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spokane
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkproximity
Got my rear springs replaced and inadvertantly lifted it in the process.. Lol..
Nice, does it ride better?
Sahara509 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 12:42 AM   #1390
Jeeper
 
darkproximity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not Spokane, WA
Posts: 12,000
Old vs new

Eric: haven't driven it yet, just finished half hour ago

That last pic does it no justice.. Wait till theres light out lol tomorrow morning I will post another pic
__________________
Apache chief, e ne chuk!
darkproximity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #1391
Jeeper
 
Sahara509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spokane
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkproximity
Old vs new

Eric: haven't driven it yet, just finished half hour ago

That last pic does it no justice.. Wait till theres light out lol tomorrow morning I will post another pic
So, you ready to take her out tomm and see how she does?
Sahara509 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #1392
Jeeper
 
darkproximity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not Spokane, WA
Posts: 12,000
Lol nah gonna let it break in a little and recheck the torque
__________________
Apache chief, e ne chuk!
darkproximity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 01:50 AM   #1393
Jeeper
 
Mitchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 1,190
What springs are those, DP? 'Cause they sure aren't stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_97TJ View Post
So um yeah, about that......I'm not going to be able to make it out there or anywhere. With this government shutdown thing going on I will no longer be receiving a paycheck until this whole thing gets sorted out. I don't have a whole lot saved up to live on and pay bills so I won't be going anywhere or doing anything until I start getting paid again.
Sorry to hear that, Chris. I thought I heard today on the radio that military will continue receiving pay regardless... or is only for deployed military?

Either way it's wise to kill the trip, with freshies up there just a couple days ago it's still gonna be crappy for sure.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpiehl
Haha, just don't let Mitch teach you how to wheel, he is really scary
Mitchness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 02:02 AM   #1394
Jeeper
 
wmpiehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
ok i think i am going to buy the valvoline then since i will probably change my fluids every other oil change ~6,000 miles. Between that and using a lot of break cleaner to get it all nice and clean, ill be good to go tomorrow.
Do you have a locker?

PS: I use synthetic
wmpiehl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 02:02 AM   #1395
Genius!

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Coyote_94YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 20,890
Send a message via ICQ to Coyote_94YJ Send a message via Yahoo to Coyote_94YJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchness View Post
What springs are those, DP? 'Cause they sure aren't stock.


Sorry to hear that, Chris. I thought I heard today on the radio that military will continue receiving pay regardless... or is only for deployed military?

Either way it's wise to kill the trip, with freshies up there just a couple days ago it's still gonna be crappy for sure.
I don't think any military will be getting paid, at least that is what I heard. I know most of the civilians on base won't be able to come to work.

Ya, you still down to head over to Hayden with me and help with the pinion angle on Timber's Jeep?
Coyote_94YJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 02:28 AM   #1396
Jeeper
 
darkproximity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not Spokane, WA
Posts: 12,000
they are apparently OEM replacements.. according to the stamp on it "FTS 44006"

ehhh nevermind they are 3.5inch lift springs apparently..

my problem now is vibrations from hell lol, the driveshaft angle is pretty steep now..
__________________
Apache chief, e ne chuk!
darkproximity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 03:11 AM   #1397
Jeeper
 
darkproximity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not Spokane, WA
Posts: 12,000
im pissed at myself, we happened to find them sitting in the tub of another YJ, as the guy was getting ready to pull stock ones off another jeep.. we compared them, i was questioning the springs the whole time, 4 pack (these springs) vs 5 on the other jeep (stock) well i figured ive got 90 days to bring them back if they dont work lol.. but still i kept wondering.. as we were about to put them on i googled from my phone the stamp on it, and one of the results i saw said OEM replacement so i assumed that it was.. till i hop in it and its rough as hell, drive home no faster than 20mph cuz its vibrating the crap out of me.. googled from a real computer and did a little more digging, and found 3.5in lift springs lol
__________________
Apache chief, e ne chuk!
darkproximity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 03:11 AM   #1398
Jeeper
 
pengintamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_97TJ
I don't think any military will be getting paid, at least that is what I heard. I know most of the civilians on base won't be able to come to work.

Ya, you still down to head over to Hayden with me and help with the pinion angle on Timber's Jeep?
The government freeze in 95 didn't effect military pay. Everyone will be paid as per usual. The dod has released several statements on the subject.
__________________
Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
pengintamer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #1399
Jeeper
 
wmpiehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkproximity View Post
im pissed at myself, we happened to find them sitting in the tub of another YJ, as the guy was getting ready to pull stock ones off another jeep.. we compared them, i was questioning the springs the whole time, 4 pack (these springs) vs 5 on the other jeep (stock) well i figured ive got 90 days to bring them back if they dont work lol.. but still i kept wondering.. as we were about to put them on i googled from my phone the stamp on it, and one of the results i saw said OEM replacement so i assumed that it was.. till i hop in it and its rough as hell, drive home no faster than 20mph cuz its vibrating the crap out of me.. googled from a real computer and did a little more digging, and found 3.5in lift springs lol
Yeah, you really don't need any more lift. You will bust another DS with them like that.
wmpiehl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #1400
Jeeper
 
darkproximity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not Spokane, WA
Posts: 12,000
lol i CANT run like this.. maybe remove the bottom leaf?
__________________
Apache chief, e ne chuk!
darkproximity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 03:34 AM   #1401
Jeeper
 
darkproximity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not Spokane, WA
Posts: 12,000

vs.
__________________
Apache chief, e ne chuk!
darkproximity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 03:51 AM   #1402
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengintamer View Post
The government freeze in 95 didn't effect military pay. Everyone will be paid as per usual. The dod has released several statements on the subject.
Actually even the DOD website says that the military checks will all be effected!
timbertiger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 04:12 AM   #1403
Jeeper
 
pengintamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 1,139
Delayed is not the same as no pay.
__________________
Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
pengintamer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 04:25 AM   #1404
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 584
NO.......they will always be paid.......but when you can count on your next check being 1/2 of what it normally is........if you don't have a bunch saved up you could be in trouble! If it takes them a month.........could be awhile!
timbertiger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #1405
Jeeper
 
Mitchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkproximity View Post
they are apparently OEM replacements.. according to the stamp on it "FTS 44006"

ehhh nevermind they are 3.5inch lift springs apparently..

my problem now is vibrations from hell lol, the driveshaft angle is pretty steep now..
Yeah, you can tell from the military wrap on 'em that those are not stock. Did you install them with that shim or did you take it off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_97TJ View Post
Ya, you still down to head over to Hayden with me and help with the pinion angle on Timber's Jeep?
Sure, what time and where do you want to meet, or should I just meet you out there?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpiehl
Haha, just don't let Mitch teach you how to wheel, he is really scary
Mitchness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #1406
Jeeper
 
darkproximity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not Spokane, WA
Posts: 12,000
Shim taken off.. Just happened to snap those pics right when we got the passenger side off. We still had to reverse the centering pins on the new ones..

I wonder if i'll get enough drop taking one leaf out.. if not i suppose its back to the junk yard, but that will be a PITA..

on a brighter note, i did find this while searching forums..
the guy has:
"15x12 wheels & 35x15 TSLs, 3.5" leaves SOA + shackles, 2" body lift, SYE"
So basically I have the same setup measurement wise, minus the body lift. He also has a rear traction bar.
__________________
Apache chief, e ne chuk!
darkproximity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #1407
Jeeper
 
darkproximity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not Spokane, WA
Posts: 12,000
Here's a better picture in the light. Seems to have settled a bit looking at the drive shaft. There was a lot more blue teflon showing last night
__________________
Apache chief, e ne chuk!
darkproximity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #1408
Jeeper
 
Mitchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 1,190
Dude... that is still pretty bad. With a DC driveshaft that pinion/yoke should be as straight as possible at rest. I'd either shim that axle or start cutting/rewelding perches.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpiehl
Haha, just don't let Mitch teach you how to wheel, he is really scary
Mitchness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #1409
Jeeper
 
darkproximity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not Spokane, WA
Posts: 12,000
Probably going to just go have them pull the stock ones
__________________
Apache chief, e ne chuk!
darkproximity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #1410
Jeeper
 
wmpiehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 187
Damn, that drive line angle is bad. A CV drive line has to within like 2 degrees of the bottom of your yoke on the t-case and can't be above it by even a degree.

wmpiehl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Multi-Quote Scout Off-Topic 27 02-16-2012 04:47 PM
Roseville. Area thread Kristavsmichigan Michigan Jeep Forum 13 12-26-2011 03:26 AM
Spare tire in cargo area... Scout TJ General Discussion Forum 47 05-24-2007 12:16 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC