2013 Ford Escape w/ eco boost - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Baby Huey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western Washington County Oregon
Posts: 1,104
2013 Ford Escape w/ eco boost

Just wondering if anyone out there owns a Ford Escape with the Eco-Boost engine ?
Wife is looking at buying a new daily driver. We currently have a 08 Saturn Vue with the 4 cyl engine and Auto... It's been a great car, drives good, runs good but pooooorrrr power on the road.
We do a lot of traveling in the summer and I am regularly getting run down by Semi's in the hills and mountain passes....
So I'm looking for any feedback on the furd.....
I've always been a GM man, but I may have to swallow my pride.....

Thanks !! "BH"

__________________
07-JKU-X /Poison spider Evap.Skid/Master craft grab handles/Or-Fab spare tire-can carrier/ Gibson SS Duals/ Q-tec Floor Liners/Hidden Hitch Receiver/ AntennaX 7inch/ 48" Hi-Lift./ 8"X16"X4"bs Steel smoothie wheels/ 265X75R-16 Kelly Safari TSR tarz.

Viet Nam Veteran 69-70, Troop "D" (AIR) 3/4 Cav. ,25th Inf. Div. CUCHI RVN. UH-1H Crew Chief of the "Pinball Wizard" 68-16224. Call Sign "CENTAUR".
Baby Huey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Baby Huey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western Washington County Oregon
Posts: 1,104
It's OK, I wouldn't blame you for admitting that you owned one....I was just looking for some kind of input on power and drivability ....
Thanks anyways...."BH"

__________________
07-JKU-X /Poison spider Evap.Skid/Master craft grab handles/Or-Fab spare tire-can carrier/ Gibson SS Duals/ Q-tec Floor Liners/Hidden Hitch Receiver/ AntennaX 7inch/ 48" Hi-Lift./ 8"X16"X4"bs Steel smoothie wheels/ 265X75R-16 Kelly Safari TSR tarz.

Viet Nam Veteran 69-70, Troop "D" (AIR) 3/4 Cav. ,25th Inf. Div. CUCHI RVN. UH-1H Crew Chief of the "Pinball Wizard" 68-16224. Call Sign "CENTAUR".
Baby Huey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
cakes567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 1,496
Images: 8
Send a message via AIM to cakes567
Get her a jeep lol.
__________________
-Melvin Friendly-
cakes567 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Baby Huey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western Washington County Oregon
Posts: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes567 View Post
Get her a jeep lol.
We test drove a new Grand Cherokee last year, almost bought it....We were both pretty pleased with it.
With all the gas prices going up , and all the engines taking a dump....It was a no brainer to buy something else this time....
Specially after I bought the 07 and it uses oil like the Exon Valdez is in my driveway.....
We'll keep looking, I'm not a Ford guy at all, so I doubt if this idea will go far...."BH"
__________________
07-JKU-X /Poison spider Evap.Skid/Master craft grab handles/Or-Fab spare tire-can carrier/ Gibson SS Duals/ Q-tec Floor Liners/Hidden Hitch Receiver/ AntennaX 7inch/ 48" Hi-Lift./ 8"X16"X4"bs Steel smoothie wheels/ 265X75R-16 Kelly Safari TSR tarz.

Viet Nam Veteran 69-70, Troop "D" (AIR) 3/4 Cav. ,25th Inf. Div. CUCHI RVN. UH-1H Crew Chief of the "Pinball Wizard" 68-16224. Call Sign "CENTAUR".
Baby Huey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Minden, NV
Posts: 312
My wife and I rented a 2013 Escape....not sure if it had the ecoboost honestly. Very impressive ride and incredible fit and finish. Would I buy one???? Nope, the 2011 is too new to get rid of! All kidding aside, I would if we hadn't bought the 2011 which has also been a killer ride. Ford does a great job, we haven't had ONE issue with the escape.
__________________
2012 JKUR Flame Red. 4.10s, AEV 2.5 Lift, Metalcloak CAs and trackbar, ARB diff covers and JKS end links
GCDMD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Baby Huey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western Washington County Oregon
Posts: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCDMD View Post
My wife and I rented a 2013 Escape....not sure if it had the ecoboost honestly. Very impressive ride and incredible fit and finish. Would I buy one???? Nope, the 2011 is too new to get rid of! All kidding aside, I would if we hadn't bought the 2011 which has also been a killer ride. Ford does a great job, we haven't had ONE issue with the escape.
Hey thanks for the reply !! I really don't know what we are going to look at, I keep telling my wife the days of a$20K car are long gone....She has to come to grips with it ....
Trying hard to Buy American...
Thanks again ! "BH"
__________________
07-JKU-X /Poison spider Evap.Skid/Master craft grab handles/Or-Fab spare tire-can carrier/ Gibson SS Duals/ Q-tec Floor Liners/Hidden Hitch Receiver/ AntennaX 7inch/ 48" Hi-Lift./ 8"X16"X4"bs Steel smoothie wheels/ 265X75R-16 Kelly Safari TSR tarz.

Viet Nam Veteran 69-70, Troop "D" (AIR) 3/4 Cav. ,25th Inf. Div. CUCHI RVN. UH-1H Crew Chief of the "Pinball Wizard" 68-16224. Call Sign "CENTAUR".
Baby Huey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Had a Ford Escape a few weeks ago as a rental. I dunno if it had the EcoBoost but I can tell you one thing, neither my wife nor I could wait to "escape" it. It was just a horrible vehicle. The build quality sucked, the brakes made groaning noises, it kicked and bucked over the slightest of pavements, the suspension was stiff without there being a reason for it to be, and it just felt like a very cheap vehicle.

Years ago we had a first generation Escape as a rental and it was better than what this new one is.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Baby Huey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western Washington County Oregon
Posts: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Artist View Post
Had a Ford Escape a few weeks ago as a rental. I dunno if it had the EcoBoost but I can tell you one thing, neither my wife nor I could wait to "escape" it. It was just a horrible vehicle. The build quality sucked, the brakes made groaning noises, it kicked and bucked over the slightest of pavements, the suspension was stiff without there being a reason for it to be, and it just felt like a very cheap vehicle.

Years ago we had a first generation Escape as a rental and it was better than what this new one is.
Thank's Man !! I don't think we are going to go that direction after all.
How bout Chevalay Equinox ?????? Any body have one they like ?
I'd hate to be the guy that calls Howie Long a liar...But....

"BH"
__________________
07-JKU-X /Poison spider Evap.Skid/Master craft grab handles/Or-Fab spare tire-can carrier/ Gibson SS Duals/ Q-tec Floor Liners/Hidden Hitch Receiver/ AntennaX 7inch/ 48" Hi-Lift./ 8"X16"X4"bs Steel smoothie wheels/ 265X75R-16 Kelly Safari TSR tarz.

Viet Nam Veteran 69-70, Troop "D" (AIR) 3/4 Cav. ,25th Inf. Div. CUCHI RVN. UH-1H Crew Chief of the "Pinball Wizard" 68-16224. Call Sign "CENTAUR".
Baby Huey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
Thank's Man !! I don't think we are going to go that direction after all.
How bout Chevalay Equinox ?????? Any body have one they like ?
I'd hate to be the guy that calls Howie Long a liar...But....

"BH"
Howie Long is a very educated, smart man. Get together with any bonehead NFL fan (you know the ones I'm talkin' about...) and look at the puzzled looks on their faces when he uses words they've never heard before.

Howie would never lie, not even for thousands upon thousands of dollars.

A buddy of mine (well, his wife...) had an older Equinox and wasn't too thrilled with it, but apparently the latest redesign is supposed to be okay.

Personally, I don't wanna be the nut-hugger for Subaru but look into a Forester. They're quite roomy, and they're reliable as all hell. I'm 5'11 and sat in the rear seat on the way home on an hour trip the other night (had to sit in the back with the cat...) and there was a ton of room in the rear seat, but the front seat was pushed up pretty far. My wife has like 16,000 miles on hers (it's a 2012...long trip to work...) and the only issues she had were a CEL light that came on (reflash fixed the trick) and a faulty seat-button for the reclining rear seats.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Minden, NV
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Artist View Post
Howie Long is a very educated, smart man. Get together with any bonehead NFL fan (you know the ones I'm talkin' about...) and look at the puzzled looks on their faces when he uses words they've never heard before.

Howie would never lie, not even for thousands upon thousands of dollars.

A buddy of mine (well, his wife...) had an older Equinox and wasn't too thrilled with it, but apparently the latest redesign is supposed to be okay.

Personally, I don't wanna be the nut-hugger for Subaru but look into a Forester. They're quite roomy, and they're reliable as all hell. I'm 5'11 and sat in the rear seat on the way home on an hour trip the other night (had to sit in the back with the cat...) and there was a ton of room in the rear seat, but the front seat was pushed up pretty far. My wife has like 16,000 miles on hers (it's a 2012...long trip to work...) and the only issues she had were a CEL light that came on (reflash fixed the trick) and a faulty seat-button for the reclining rear seats.

Somehow I expected this endorsement. Conartist is the ultimate subaru fanboy, not an insult- just a fact.
OP- go visit the ford dealership and if you like the new escape....then get it. If not, then move on. I've seen the new equinox as well and it seems also very well built. The point is, get what YOU want.
__________________
2012 JKUR Flame Red. 4.10s, AEV 2.5 Lift, Metalcloak CAs and trackbar, ARB diff covers and JKS end links
GCDMD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCDMD View Post
Somehow I expected this endorsement. Conartist is the ultimate subaru fanboy, not an insult- just a fact.
OP- go visit the ford dealership and if you like the new escape....then get it. If not, then move on. I've seen the new equinox as well and it seems also very well built. The point is, get what YOU want.
I will admit 100% to being a Subaru fanboy. Take my word for it, if you "suffered" the same fate in a Subaru that my wife and I did, you would be, too.

For as long as I live, there will ALWAYS be a Subaru in my garage, whether it's mine, my wife's, or my old Aunt Suzie's.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
KBR97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,061
My wife and I have a baby on the way and we're looking into the Subaru Outback. I have always liked them. Seems like a good car to take camping and on road trips as well. I also like the new Crosstek but not as much room in cargo area.

I have just been researching online so far. Haven't mad it down to to the dealer yet. After the new year I'll get a little more serious about looking.
KBR97 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
Hardcore Jeeper
 
Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Windsor, CT
Posts: 3,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Artist View Post
Howie Long is a very educated, smart man. Get together with any bonehead NFL fan (you know the ones I'm talkin' about...) and look at the puzzled looks on their faces when he uses words they've never heard before.

Howie would never lie, not even for thousands upon thousands of dollars.

A buddy of mine (well, his wife...) had an older Equinox and wasn't too thrilled with it, but apparently the latest redesign is supposed to be okay.

Personally, I don't wanna be the nut-hugger for Subaru but look into a Forester. They're quite roomy, and they're reliable as all hell. I'm 5'11 and sat in the rear seat on the way home on an hour trip the other night (had to sit in the back with the cat...) and there was a ton of room in the rear seat, but the front seat was pushed up pretty far. My wife has like 16,000 miles on hers (it's a 2012...long trip to work...) and the only issues she had were a CEL light that came on (reflash fixed the trick) and a faulty seat-button for the reclining rear seats.
Personally, I've got my eye on a 2014 forester for next spring. They are finally putting a 6 speed manual in it, and just slightly bigger and more aerodynamic than the 2013's...
__________________
What have we got?
We have one heavily armed Recreational Vehicle


ΣΧ
The Power Tech 6
Peepers is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepers View Post
Personally, I've got my eye on a 2014 forester for next spring. They are finally putting a 6 speed manual in it, and just slightly bigger and more aerodynamic than the 2013's...
I wonder if they're putting the manual back in the 2.5 XT, too. Big mistake removing the manual, because they were pretty fun to drive. Unfortunately, people buying Foresters usually aren't looking to row through gears and they don't sell.

I watched a 2006 Forester XT Turbo turn in a 12.7 @ 108 mph at the track last year. I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy in great detail about it, but he mentioned he had done a turbo/intercooler upgrade, computer flash, short-shifter, and was running some mix of gas with something else, but I can't remember what it was.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
I am JD & It's my Dream

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
JDsDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Peach State
Posts: 26,966
Images: 4
Stay on topic.
__________________
The kind of woman that when my feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

To All Of Our Forum Veterans and Active Service Members.
Our Debt To You Is Greater Than We Could Ever Repay.
Thank You

Become a Supporting Member!
JDsDream is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Minden, NV
Posts: 312
How about the edge??? A little bigger but pretty plush inside.
__________________
2012 JKUR Flame Red. 4.10s, AEV 2.5 Lift, Metalcloak CAs and trackbar, ARB diff covers and JKS end links
GCDMD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
The new Toyota Highlander is supposed to be pretty nice, but I think Toyota has swapped it over to the Camry's platform from a truck platform. That one's a double-edged sword.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
Baby Huey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western Washington County Oregon
Posts: 1,104
Everybody brags about a damned Subaru.....Thats OK, nothing wrong with em I guess, I mean they been around for a million years building all kinds of vehicles....
One day I was at a stop light and I could hear this terrible sounding noise next to me, I rolled the window down and it was Subaru idling ..
I thought how awful that sounded. The car looked like it was new, but had problems...

My Jeep Died.....Sitting in the driveway over Xmas in the pouring rain here in the Pac. NW.
I got in to move it in the driveway and it fired right up...But the Headlights came on and the wipers came on and both switches were in the "OFF" position.
The Dash lights did not light...
So I moved it out of the way, and restarted it several times, no change.
I disconnected the Battery and let it sit for an hour....no change.
Kinda looks like it needs a TIPM ...
40K miles, used vehicle, had it almost a year....FUN. $$$$$$$$$$
Should have bought a subaru and put up with the awful sound I guess....
"BH"
__________________
07-JKU-X /Poison spider Evap.Skid/Master craft grab handles/Or-Fab spare tire-can carrier/ Gibson SS Duals/ Q-tec Floor Liners/Hidden Hitch Receiver/ AntennaX 7inch/ 48" Hi-Lift./ 8"X16"X4"bs Steel smoothie wheels/ 265X75R-16 Kelly Safari TSR tarz.

Viet Nam Veteran 69-70, Troop "D" (AIR) 3/4 Cav. ,25th Inf. Div. CUCHI RVN. UH-1H Crew Chief of the "Pinball Wizard" 68-16224. Call Sign "CENTAUR".
Baby Huey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
Everybody brags about a damned Subaru.....Thats OK, nothing wrong with em I guess, I mean they been around for a million years building all kinds of vehicles....
One day I was at a stop light and I could hear this terrible sounding noise next to me, I rolled the window down and it was Subaru idling ..
I thought how awful that sounded. The car looked like it was new, but had problems...

My Jeep Died.....Sitting in the driveway over Xmas in the pouring rain here in the Pac. NW.
I got in to move it in the driveway and it fired right up...But the Headlights came on and the wipers came on and both switches were in the "OFF" position.
The Dash lights did not light...
So I moved it out of the way, and restarted it several times, no change.
I disconnected the Battery and let it sit for an hour....no change.
Kinda looks like it needs a TIPM ...
40K miles, used vehicle, had it almost a year....FUN. $$$$$$$$$$
Should have bought a subaru and put up with the awful sound I guess....
"BH"
Not everyone brags about a Subaru, just me.

My STi sounded pretty damned good...especially at WOT while rowing gears.

I can't tell ya whether you should've bought a Subaru, but the two my wife and I have owned have treated us pretty damned good.

While most Subarus aren't exactly inspiring to drive, save for a very few of them, they do get you where you need to go in relative comfort and safety.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
brian d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan.
Posts: 1,204
We have a 2012 and a 2013 ecoboost awd at work. I really like the 13. Pretty peppy, and it is pretty nice inside. As stated before, sometimes the breaks make some strange noises, but ours rides fine.
__________________
2013 Billet Rubicon
Ace rock rails, 2.5 teraflex coil lift, AEV Geo brackets, Rancho 9000xl shocks all around, 35x12.5x15 Wrangler MTR's on Mb chaos wheels, Bushwacker flat flares, 12k winch on Rough Country hybrid bumper, Spyder rear bumper/carrier, KC long range windshield lights, rock lights and some other happy crap.
brian d is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Minden, NV
Posts: 312
[QUOTE=Baby Huey;3163834]Everybody brags about a damned Subaru.....Thats OK, nothing wrong with em I guess, I mean they been around for a million years building all kinds of vehicles....
One day I was at a stop light and I could hear this terrible sounding noise next to me, I rolled the window down and it was Subaru idling ..
I thought how awful that sounded. The car looked like it was new, but had problems...

My Jeep Died.....Sitting in the driveway over Xmas in the pouring rain here in the Pac. NW.
I got in to move it in the driveway and it fired right up...But the Headlights came on and the wipers came on and both switches were in the "OFF" position.
The Dash lights did not light...
So I moved it out of the way, and restarted it several times, no change.
I disconnected the Battery and let it sit for an hour....no change.
Kinda looks like it needs a TIPM ...
40K miles, used vehicle, had it almost a year....FUN. $$$$$$$$$$
Should have bought a subaru and put up with the awful sound I guess....
"BH"[/QUOTE

Sorry about your Jeep, hope that all turns out OK and inexpensively.
I will say that most newer cars make a less than satisfying sound when idling and that's not necessarily indicative of any issues, short or long term. Hell, my old 86 Bronco sounded smooth as a kitten and is much less
"ticky ticky" than my new Jeep. I think it's just newer engines are quieter and the fuel injector "tick" is more audible or it's just the DOHC design that is inherently more noisy. I can't tell....but I sure do like the power of the newer engines!
Good luck with your choice! Almost all new cars are going to be a great ride regardless of your choice (except KIA maybe).
__________________
2012 JKUR Flame Red. 4.10s, AEV 2.5 Lift, Metalcloak CAs and trackbar, ARB diff covers and JKS end links
GCDMD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
[QUOTE=GCDMD;3172440]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
Everybody brags about a damned Subaru.....Thats OK, nothing wrong with em I guess, I mean they been around for a million years building all kinds of vehicles....
One day I was at a stop light and I could hear this terrible sounding noise next to me, I rolled the window down and it was Subaru idling ..
I thought how awful that sounded. The car looked like it was new, but had problems...

My Jeep Died.....Sitting in the driveway over Xmas in the pouring rain here in the Pac. NW.
I got in to move it in the driveway and it fired right up...But the Headlights came on and the wipers came on and both switches were in the "OFF" position.
The Dash lights did not light...
So I moved it out of the way, and restarted it several times, no change.
I disconnected the Battery and let it sit for an hour....no change.
Kinda looks like it needs a TIPM ...
40K miles, used vehicle, had it almost a year....FUN. $$$$$$$$$$
Should have bought a subaru and put up with the awful sound I guess....
"BH"[/QUOTE

Sorry about your Jeep, hope that all turns out OK and inexpensively.
I will say that most newer cars make a less than satisfying sound when idling and that's not necessarily indicative of any issues, short or long term. Hell, my old 86 Bronco sounded smooth as a kitten and is much less
"ticky ticky" than my new Jeep. I think it's just newer engines are quieter and the fuel injector "tick" is more audible or it's just the DOHC design that is inherently more noisy. I can't tell....but I sure do like the power of the newer engines!
Good luck with your choice! Almost all new cars are going to be a great ride regardless of your choice (except KIA maybe).
How dare you talk negatively about the Church of Subaru.

Seriously, Subarus are loud. My STi's engine rattled, cackled, ticked, tocked, knocked, and whatever else you wanna call it, and it's the same story with my wife's 2012 Forester. I mean, these ticking Pentastars are quiet in comparison, but that's just the way Subaru engines are, or at least the ones in my (and my wife's) Subarus are.

The fact of the matter is that all cars are going to have problems, whether it's a Kia, Hyndai, Daewoo, Subaru, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, or what have you. My wife's had some pieces replaced on her Forester (and a computer reflash), and I had a few expensive parts replaced on my STi. Thankfully, they were all covered under warranty, but whatever...they happen.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Artist View Post
Not everyone brags about a Subaru, just me.

My STi sounded pretty damned good...especially at WOT while rowing gears.

I can't tell ya whether you should've bought a Subaru, but the two my wife and I have owned have treated us pretty damned good.

While most Subarus aren't exactly inspiring to drive, save for a very few of them, they do get you where you need to go in relative comfort and safety.
Just bought a subaru ourselves. I love the car and with the new cvt transmission (which I really was scared of until I did more research), it gets 36 mpg highway and still has the all wheel drive that we need in the northeast.
WranglerRush is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerRush View Post
Just bought a subaru ourselves. I love the car and with the new cvt transmission (which I really was scared of until I did more research), it gets 36 mpg highway and still has the all wheel drive that we need in the northeast.
We had our hearts set on a Legacy but the CVT was a dealbreaker. We hated it. We felt the car felt very underpowered behind the CVT and just felt very "rental car-ish."

My wife didn't like the Forester at all until she drove it. We decided on the Forester without the CVT, which was a tarted up base model with the four-speed auto. No regrets as it has everything she wants, save for the Blue Tooth radio/setup, which is INSANELY subpar to anything in its price range.

Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC