Any S&W fans - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
sp33dfr33k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 495
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher38 View Post
I love my m&p 15 sport it was worth the 800
I don't think that one wasn't out when I got my SR 556, I got a very low serial # model through a dealer, sorta' early in their vendor research. A buddy of mine has had his out with us, and the thing shoots GREAT..! At 100 yards his group, off a bench mind you, is touching each of 5 shots, while mine is about the the size of a quarter (that's also a 20" barrel and match sights, not a scope). BUT he is a gunsmith and an excellent marksman. I've seen him shoot a 450 or better on more than one occasion at our C.M.P. and High Power matches, with any of his three favorites. The S&W 15, an M-1 Garand, and an M14. Your right topher, they are a really good rifle without a doubt..!

__________________
I drink to keep my ADHD at bay, and I smoke because it makes me look cool.
sp33dfr33k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 43
Love my 1911PD! Best carry piece I have, at least while we have conceal carry here in Massachusetts. After this election, I'll have to move south. Too many moonbat liberals here.

SeniorJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
sp33dfr33k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 495
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorJeeper View Post
Love my 1911PD! Best carry piece I have, at least while we have conceal carry here in Massachusetts. After this election, I'll have to move south. Too many moonbat liberals here.
__________________
I drink to keep my ADHD at bay, and I smoke because it makes me look cool.
sp33dfr33k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
topher38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: colorado springs CO
Posts: 4,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp33dfr33k

I don't think that one wasn't out when I got my SR 556, I got a very low serial # model through a dealer, sorta' early in their vendor research. A buddy of mine has had his out with us, and the thing shoots GREAT..! At 100 yards his group, off a bench mind you, is touching each of 5 shots, while mine is about the the size of a quarter (that's also a 20" barrel and match sights, not a scope). BUT he is a gunsmith and an excellent marksman. I've seen him shoot a 450 or better on more than one occasion at our C.M.P. and High Power matches, with any of his three favorites. The S&W 15, an M-1 Garand, and an M14. Your right topher, they are a really good rifle without a doubt..!
Yea I thought about going to the palmetto little more expensive but it's all mil spec. But owell I like the way my gun shoots an it's a 1/8 twist so it's in the middle of a military style barrel and a civilian. Very accurate. But I still need to get the sights aligned correctly.
topher38 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
sp33dfr33k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 495
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher38 View Post
Yea I thought about going to the palmetto little more expensive but it's all mil spec. But owell I like the way my gun shoots an it's a 1/8 twist so it's in the middle of a military style barrel and a civilian. Very accurate. But I still need to get the sights aligned correctly.
I would never put down a company, especially Palmetto State Armory...

That being said, I still think for anything that would come up, you made the right choice. Now are your sights the factory style.? With or without the elevation adjustable front..?
__________________
I drink to keep my ADHD at bay, and I smoke because it makes me look cool.
sp33dfr33k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
Supercop260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,044
I'm a recent fan of S&W...just had this AR modified. Started as an M&P Sport...
Supercop260 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
traitor08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp33dfr33k View Post
NICE topher..! AR's are some of my faves, I'm workin' a new build on a Black Rain lower right now... Lincoln Logs of rifles..!
We sell black rain at work. Not to public though. I am building an ar off of Anderson upper and lower, black dawn parts also, along with magpul. Guns are my second hobby. Just got my ccw, so need to find a dedicated carry weapon.
traitor08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
Tippittrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 770
Where you at on the Cape senior?
Tippittrg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
sp33dfr33k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 495
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor08 View Post
We sell black rain at work. Not to public though. I am building an ar off of Anderson upper and lower, black dawn parts also, along with magpul. Guns are my second hobby. Just got my ccw, so need to find a dedicated carry weapon.
Have you shot the M&P Shield yet..? I've heard good things, and saw a "Guns and Gear" about it, but just haven't held one yet. I'll be looking into that one in .40 cal for summer wear, but will stick with a 1911 for the winter. That is... If we ever get C.C.
__________________
I drink to keep my ADHD at bay, and I smoke because it makes me look cool.
sp33dfr33k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-08-2012, 02:17 AM   #40
Jeeper
 
907farmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 154
The issue I have with the shield is the thumb safety is big enough you need to use it but to big enough to manipulate like a thumb safety on a 1911. You have to come off of your firing grip to engage or disengage it. Other than that it's great. But that is why I didn't buy one when we got them in.

If they offered it without a safety like the real MP handguns I would buy two. Both in 9mm. That light of a gun with a 180gr 40sw isn't very comfortable and fallow up shots are as quick. I prefer the 9mm.
907farmer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-08-2012, 02:47 AM   #41
Jeeper
 
little1989jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: lima ohio
Posts: 1,775
I love my pair of 3" barrel model 36's and my beat up with love model 10
__________________
There's a line between adventure and stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstein_yj View Post
oh and when i find the guy who invented torx screws i have a big can of wup-ass for him
little1989jeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #42
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 43
Barnstable or more specific, Marstons Mills.
SeniorJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #43
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Jacksonville,Florida
Posts: 402
I have a few S&W's
15-22 (AR Type .22)
Model 61-2 Escort .22
Model 686-1 .357 Magnum 2.5" Barrel
Model 60-7 .38 Special (CCW Carry Gun)
Model 41 .22 Target Pistol
Model 17-4 K22 6" Barrel .22
gmiller0737 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #44
Jeeper
 
Tippittrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 770
I'm from the Worcester area, my aunt lives in Carver.
Tippittrg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
topher38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: colorado springs CO
Posts: 4,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp33dfr33k

I would never put down a company, especially Palmetto State Armory...

That being said, I still think for anything that would come up, you made the right choice. Now are your sights the factory style.? With or without the elevation adjustable front..?
I have the factory front. And a flip up rear. They are both adjustable. And I now have (5) 30 round pmags
topher38 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
topher38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: colorado springs CO
Posts: 4,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher38

I have the factory front. And a flip up rear. They are both adjustable. And I now have (5) 30 round pmags
It's an Mbus sight
topher38 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
sp33dfr33k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 495
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907farmer View Post
The issue I have with the shield is the thumb safety is big enough you need to use it but to big enough to manipulate like a thumb safety on a 1911. You have to come off of your firing grip to engage or disengage it. Other than that it's great. But that is why I didn't buy one when we got them in.

If they offered it without a safety like the real MP handguns I would buy two. Both in 9mm. That light of a gun with a 180gr 40sw isn't very comfortable and fallow up shots are as quick. I prefer the 9mm.
That's something to think about for sure... Can you just flip it to the "off" position as you draw it... Or is it that it's just too odd ball in comparison to the M&p that your used to..? The recoil isn't really a factor for me, I started when I was a kid and just kept on it. Usually I run a 230 +P in .45 cal. for practice, just like the rounds I'd carry. IF it were allowed in this back ass words state. But, if I could afford it, I'd shoot the Desert Eagle every day. Mechanically it's my favorite, but would be near worthless as a carry gun.

topher38 "I have the factory front. And a flip up rear. They are both adjustable. And I now have (5) 30 round pmags"

Those are pretty good sights, is there an issue with "them" in particular, or you just haven't had the time. That's my main issue, NEVER having enough time to actually get out to the range and spend a whole day just goofin' off... That would be AWEsome wouldn't it..! 500 rounds for each weapon, bring a cooler full of food and water, a couple snickers. That could all fit in the back of the Jeep...Ha, now I'm making plans for next summer already, that should be something I do like every few weeks anyway.
__________________
I drink to keep my ADHD at bay, and I smoke because it makes me look cool.
sp33dfr33k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Posts: 124
S&W 1911 .45 ...

TheIronWolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #49
Jeeper
 
Bodyarmorguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 101
Model 325 NG

Model 686

MOdel Model 66-1

Model 642 (Has since been sold)

Model 10

Model 581
__________________
"It's like I told my last wife, 'Honey, I never drive faster than I can see,' besides it's all in the reflexes."
Bodyarmorguy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
Gutfacekilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2541892319.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	284391

Hell yea

Gutfacekilla is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC