Any SAA .44 Mag Owners - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-16-2014, 08:53 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
WaterDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,332
Any SAA .44 Mag Owners

Thinking about adding one to my collection. Don't want to spend a lot, just want something fun. Thinking Uberti. I currently have a Uberti .45 LC and think it's great.

EAA Bounty Hunter is also an option.

WaterDR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Posts: 14
I also have an Uberti .45 LC and I love it. If I were to pick up another SAA, I'd have to go with Uberti again, unless I had the cash for a Colt! Though, I'd have to go .357 just because I have a .357 Ruger LCR and .45 LC is little spendy and usually only 1 or 2 boxes in stores.

RandyOwen is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2014, 05:01 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
WaterDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyOwen View Post
I also have an Uberti .45 LC and I love it. If I were to pick up another SAA, I'd have to go with Uberti again, unless I had the cash for a Colt! Though, I'd have to go .357 just because I have a .357 Ruger LCR and .45 LC is little spendy and usually only 1 or 2 boxes in stores.
I am able to find 45LC for. 36 a box and yet always have it in stock, so not the ed of the world.

How do you like the 357 compared to the LC?
WaterDR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #4
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Posts: 14
Well, the .357 is a Ruger LCR (Light Compact Revolver) is a double action carry pistol. I haven't shot a SAA in .357, so I really can't compare the two. The Ruger shoots pretty nice though. I'm guessing a SAA in .357 would have less recoil than the LCR being that the SAA is heavier. Plus being chambered in .357, I can shoot .357, .38 special, and .38 special P+. So being able to shoot three different types of ammo is nice. Where are you able to find .45 for only 36?! Last time I checked it was about 45 a box.
RandyOwen is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
2five22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,565
If you can find one, the Hämmerli Virginian SA revolver is a great choice. Made in Switzerland, built for Magnum rounds, has a transfer bar safety - so carrying it fully loaded is perfectly safe, and it came in several calibers.

Example: Item:11129134 Hammerli, SA 'Virginian' SAA Revolver Swiss made .45 cal. Colt For Sale at GunAuction.com
2five22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2014, 10:45 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
WaterDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyOwen View Post
Well, the .357 is a Ruger LCR (Light Compact Revolver) is a double action carry pistol. I haven't shot a SAA in .357, so I really can't compare the two. The Ruger shoots pretty nice though. I'm guessing a SAA in .357 would have less recoil than the LCR being that the SAA is heavier. Plus being chambered in .357, I can shoot .357, .38 special, and .38 special P+. So being able to shoot three different types of ammo is nice. Where are you able to find .45 for only 36?! Last time I checked it was about 45 a box.
Bills gun shop. Also fleet farm
WaterDR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2014, 10:46 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
WaterDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2five22 View Post
If you can find one, the Hämmerli Virginian SA revolver is a great choice. Made in Switzerland, built for Magnum rounds, has a transfer bar safety - so carrying it fully loaded is perfectly safe, and it came in several calibers. Example: Item:11129134 Hammerli, SA 'Virginian' SAA Revolver Swiss made .45 cal. Colt For Sale at GunAuction.com
Nice looking gun!
WaterDR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2014, 11:03 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Joe Dirt 357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Pole, AK
Posts: 207
I have a Ruger Alaskan 454 Casull 2” barrel plenty big. I call it my thumb breaker because it feels like its trying to remove my thumb every time I shoot it. Ya I know big gun what am I trying to compensate for. I live in AK and it’s better to have it and not need it than to need one and not have it. Every time you step out the door you are on the menu…
__________________
Joe

[/SIGPIC]
2012 JKUR in black
Joe Dirt 357 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 432
My favorite handgun is a 1982 built Ruger Superblackhawk 7.5". I also have a 4" Redhawk i. .44 Mag. I shoot mostly lead handloads at 44 spl velocity. But sometimes I go hot:

This is a 210gr Gold Dot at 1600ish FPS, similar energy to a .223...








I love the Superblackhawk more. Both have a great SA trigger, esp the Redhawk.
DaisyCutter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 432
Handloading the 44 mag costs 8-9 cents per *bang*. IMO handloading is the only way to go for big bores. I have loads appropriate for little girls, manly men, and even Tyrannosaurs...
DaisyCutter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
WaterDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,332
Wow wish I could find someone to hand load for me
WaterDR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2014, 08:41 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Muddr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 454
I am not touching that one....
__________________
Keep calm, Chive On
Muddr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
WaterDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,332
OMG....funniest thing I heard all day!

WaterDR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC