Right so my day didn't go as planned, I was augmented to be a cop for half a day so I wasn't able to get the information I wanted from work, BUT..... Here it is anyway. I worked my magic.
Items you should NOT send.
- NO pornography or sexually explicit material of any kind.
- NO alcohol or any candy containing alcohol.
- NO controlled substances, drug paraphernalia, or prescription medication.
- NO guns, ammunition, or explosives.
- NO pork products. Sorry guys, bacon is out of the question.
All of the above are violations of General Order 1. If you have to ask yourself "will someone get into trouble if I send this" then don't send it. And if you are curious, here is a copy of General Order 1 for your reading pleasure.
General Order 1
Now, enough with all them negative waves. Woof Woof!!
Things troops like to receive.
- Baby Wipes (Combat showers) Sometimes it's all we have for weeks.
- Iced Tea, Lemonade, Gatorade, or Crystal Light mix packets to put in bottled water. Bottled water is free and plentiful over there but it gets tiring so it's nice to spice it up a bit.
- Girl Scout Cookies or any cookies for that matter but GS ones are a delicacy.
- Beef Jerky
- Pepperoni or Sausage Sticks.
- Ipods or MP3 players (minus a certain gummy bear song)
- CD's or DVD's
- Notes and/or cards of thanks or encouragement.
- Pictures (Friends or groups of people showing appreciation) No pics with Tiny's bare feet in them either. That's how people get worms
- Ramen Noodles
- Special holiday related gifts during holidays.
- Cereal bars and granola bars.
- Games. (deck of cards or travel games)
- Sunflower Seeds.
- OTC pain relievers (Tylenol, Advil, Bayer)
- Black socks.
- Calling Cards.
- Prepaid Visa/Mastercard credit cards.
- Boot insoles.
- Snack Packs (pudding)
- Fruit Snacks.
- Hygiene products (bar soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush)
- Lip Balm
- Eye Drops
If you want to send a package specifically to Tim you can PM me, Tiny, or Cain for our addresses and we will forward the packages to him. I have a U.S. APO address here so it isn't going to cost any more to ship to me as it would to ship to NY.
For general care packages there are a number of websites that offer care package services. You can just google "Care Package".
Here are a few.
Help the Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan Care Package Project from Marine Parents .com, Inc.
SupportOurTroops.org - Home
MILITARY MISSIONS, INC. - Beyond the Yellow Ribbon
If I missed anything guys, please post it up.