College Football Season - Page 12 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #331
Jeeper
 
Drix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Auburn
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeljag
The same Duck team that lost back to back games to Auburn and LSU ? Kelly making a statement after the game about SEC total team size and speed ?

I would rank them SEC, big 12, PAC 10. Would love to watch Fl and the Ducks play in a bowl game.

...anyway, the National Championship is less than FIVE hours away. The wife and I will be at a sports bar that is normally a Gators place. It will be full of loud Bama / Dawg and Gators .....eating, drinking yelling and having a good time.

Wherever you are, whatever game you watch.......Enjoy your College game day.
That same ducks team that lost to auburn was one of 2 teams to hold Auburn to 22 Points. That Defense was not as good as this current teams D.

And LSU our red shirt freshman gave LSU 21 points. If you look at the stats for that game the Ducks had pretty identical stats to Bama when they played LSU the first
Time.

SEC team need to stop playing small schools for non conference games.

And I'll throw out a roll tide for Bama. For payback for cheering for the ducks a couple of years ago.

__________________
95' YJ 6" lift 35"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #332
Jeeper
 
whetstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drix View Post

SEC team need to stop playing small schools for non conference games.

.
The smaller schools are lined up around the block to get an opportunity to schedule an SEC team for their non conf games. In many cases, that one game brings them more revenue than the rest of the season combined. And every once in awhile the stars all align perfectly and the small school actually beats a powerhouse team, making history. That's the beauty of college football. It would be great if all of Bamas non conference games were against the Oregons, the USCs, and Ohio States, but I think that would be cheating the smaller programs of something special they rarely get. Hopefully the playoff system will allow the big boys to play each other more outside of conference, while still giving the small schools their day in the sun..

whetstone is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #333
Jeeper
 
fan of fanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,985
Whetstone makes good points. While there is valid criticism to effect on schedule to playing a citadel or Troy those schools make $800K+ for those games. They lose that type of revenue 1-2 games a year and their football program and/or other sports shut down. If you're a republican call it the trickle down effect (please don't in any way make any political comments. Just an example)

But on better news I'm making a bacon explosion!
__________________
not
/nät/
adverb
1. used with an auxiliary verb or “be” to form the negative
2. used as a short substitute for a negative clause
"Not actually a backer of this thought"
fan of fanboys is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #334
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #335
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
Quinton Dial shows the caliber of Alabama players. Shame shame shame on Alabama and their cowardly crew.

If only the rules were applied equally...
__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #336
Jeeper
 
SWAMP RAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ
Quinton Dial shows the caliber of Alabama players. Shame shame shame on Alabama and their cowardly crew.

If only the rules were applied equally...
So you're saying that no other teams have gotten by with a missed penalty?
SWAMP RAT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #337
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMP RAT

So you're saying that no other teams have gotten by with a missed penalty?
Really? You did see the zebra 10' behind them, facing them, right? That "penalty" would likely carry a fine in the NFL. He wasn't holding; it was unsportsman-like conduct, and obvious. But go ahead and stand up for a thug.

Edit: Here that on the t.v.? The head of SEC officials just admitted they screwed up. Still wanna argue it???
__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #338
Jeeper
 
SWAMP RAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ

Really? You did see the zebra 10' behind them, facing them, right? That "penalty" would likely carry a fine in the NFL. He wasn't holding; it was unsportsman-like conduct, and obvious. But go ahead and stand up for a thug.

Edit: Here that on the t.v.? The head of SEC officials just admitted they screwed up. Still wanna argue it???
Yeah i still want to argue it. Just because you don't like Alabama you're going to find every fault. If it was your team you would be like "oh well it was a missed call". Ok it was a missed call. Deal with it. It happens in every game. Ain't this ain't the NFL so no fine.
SWAMP RAT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #339
Jeeper
 
Drix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Auburn
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by whetstone
The smaller schools are lined up around the block to get an opportunity to schedule an SEC team for their non conf games. In many cases, that one game brings them more revenue than the rest of the season combined. And every once in awhile the stars all align perfectly and the small school actually beats a powerhouse team, making history. That's the beauty of college football. It would be great if all of Bamas non conference games were against the Oregons, the USCs, and Ohio States, but I think that would be cheating the smaller programs of something special they rarely get. Hopefully the playoff system will allow the big boys to play each other more outside of conference, while still giving the small schools their day in the sun..
I am not saying play all non conference big schools. I am saying at least schedule one a year lol. I understand the revenue for smaller schools.
__________________
95' YJ 6" lift 35"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #340
Jeeper
 
fan of fanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMP RAT

Yeah i still want to argue it. Just because you don't like Alabama you're going to find every fault. If it was your team you would be like "oh well it was a missed call". Ok it was a missed call. Deal with it. It happens in every game. Ain't this ain't the NFL so no fine.
You're an idiot on this point then. Argue all you want.

And I like you outside this btw
__________________
not
/nät/
adverb
1. used with an auxiliary verb or “be” to form the negative
2. used as a short substitute for a negative clause
"Not actually a backer of this thought"
fan of fanboys is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #341
Jeeper
 
SWAMP RAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan of fanboys

You're an idiot on this point then. Argue all you want.

And I like you outside this btw
Idiot? I don't think I was conversing with you anyway. That's classy resorting to name calling. I'm going to talk with the adults now. Hey it's all in fun! Take no offense.
SWAMP RAT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #342
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Andalusia, AL
Posts: 544
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer.................


Hell Yeahhhhhhh


ROLL TIDE ROLL

Bama 32 Georgia 28

We're coming for you Irish
dirt dawber is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #343
Zed
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Zed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,491
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt dawber
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer.................

Hell Yeahhhhhhh

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Bama 32 Georgia 28

We're coming for you Irish
Congrats. We're waiting for ya
__________________
KC3AUV - Hamming it up since 2013
Zed is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #344
Jeeper
 
Drix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Auburn
Posts: 288
Congrats to Bama. Murry is wishing he would of spiked the ball at the end.
__________________
95' YJ 6" lift 35"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #345
Zed
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Zed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,491
Images: 3
Heads hi Georgia. It was a great game
__________________
KC3AUV - Hamming it up since 2013
Zed is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #346
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Andalusia, AL
Posts: 544
Something to think about,

the interception that Murrey through when he got clobbered after throwing it,

you remember that Gary and Vern kept saying over and over that a flag should have been thrown on that slobber knocking he took

Here is my take on why a flag was not thrown, first of all the whistle had not been blown, secondly once he threw the interception he became a defensive player and a player that could make a tackle on the play, he was fair game, and thats why he got knocked on his fanny!
dirt dawber is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #347
Jeeper
 
sonofabeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Green Cove Springs, Fl.
Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drix View Post
Congrats to Bama. Murry is wishing he would of spiked the ball at the end.
I agree. They had 'em by the nards at the end and blew it.
__________________
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead"
sonofabeach is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #348
Jeeper
 
Steeljag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central Fl.
Posts: 510
Congrats Bama for the win and another National Championship!

Next year, it's back in Fl !
Steeljag is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #349
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt dawber
Something to think about,

the interception that Murrey through when he got clobbered after throwing it,

you remember that Gary and Vern kept saying over and over that a flag should have been thrown on that slobber knocking he took

Here is my take on why a flag was not thrown, first of all the whistle had not been blown, secondly once he threw the interception he became a defensive player and a player that could make a tackle on the play, he was fair game, and thats why he got knocked on his fanny!
SEC officials and NCAA rules disagree with you. That is one of the things they are particularly supposed to watch, cause cowards like Dial take cheap shots on those plays. Additionally, it was marginally a "legal" block, and certainly had more helmet to helmet contact than our penalty for helmet to helmet their QB got up looking for a flag from.

Zinedine Zidane was a great soccer player, what is he remembered for? His cheap shot. There is no room for it in sports of any level. It is something cowards unable to win by being better resort to.

Congrats to Bama fans, and their team - with the exception of Quinton "Cheap Shot" Dial (and Coach Saban if he doesn't bench him next game, which he won't). Hell of a game. I never like losing, but runner up in THE championship game ain't bad

Plain and simple, the Dawgs didn't score enough first half and they should have.
__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #350
Jeeper
 
Steeljag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central Fl.
Posts: 510
And Drix - the ducks LOST to the last two SEC teams they played ! The Gators played FIVE TOP 11 teams this year !

The Ducks played HOW many ??

The Ducks are a sixth ranked team in the SEC at Best ! Those little guys would be all on IR by mid season !

At least win your conference before running your mouth about out of conference games...lol !

Load the the bus and head to the SEC.....we could use a a home coming game......lol!

Again .....hats off to the Dawgs.......and congrats to to BAMA.....bring home yet another NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP !
Steeljag is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #351
Jeeper
 
Drix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Auburn
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeljag
And Drix - the ducks LOST to the last two SEC teams they played ! The Gators played FIVE TOP 11 teams this year !

The Ducks played HOW many ??

The Ducks are a sixth ranked team in the SEC at Best ! Those little guys would be all on IR by mid season !

At least win your conference before running your mouth about out of conference games...lol !

Load the the bus and head to the SEC.....we could use a a home coming game......lol!

Again .....hats off to the Dawgs.......and congrats to to BAMA.....bring home yet another NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP !
SEC just play more big non conference games. Only Tennessee has had the fortitude to schedule Oregon. Your guess on where the ducks would place as a SEC team is a crap excuse at best.
__________________
95' YJ 6" lift 35"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #352
Jeeper
 
sonofabeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Green Cove Springs, Fl.
Posts: 1,704
Hey it wasn't pretty (is it ever?) but I'm glad the Noles finally won the conference again and are back in a BCS bowl.
I don't know what to think about EJ Manuel anymore. Lately he's been EJ Shambles.
I kinda glad he's gone after this year.
Watching Wisconsin hang 70 on Nebraska made me feel a little better about how close the game was.
__________________
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead"
sonofabeach is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #353
Jeeper
 
cmcgriff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Madison Florida
Posts: 34
There's no doubt Oregon us good just like Norte Dame is good... But just bc your 12-0 or 12-1 doesn't earn you any respect.... If you took the top 16 teams and drop them in a playoff I would suggest that at the end of the day the sec would prevail only bc they play tough games week in and week out... If the fighting Irish would grow some balls and join a confrence it might also be diff this year..... If the USF would have went 12-0 this season would they be #1?? Nope.... Why?? Bc they are not as we'll known as ND.... I personally don't think the Irish have a chance in hell but if for some reason all the stars line up I will gladly eat my words


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
cmcgriff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #354
Jeeper
 
whetstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drix View Post
SEC just play more big non conference games. Only Tennessee has had the fortitude to schedule Oregon. Your guess on where the ducks would place as a SEC team is a crap excuse at best.
The ducks scheduled the worst team in the SEC. That took some real ballz...
I do suppose they're marginally tougher than Tennessee Tech and Missouri State, though.
whetstone is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #355
Jeeper
 
Drix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Auburn
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by whetstone

The ducks scheduled the worst team in the SEC. That took some real ballz...
I do suppose they're marginally tougher than Tennessee Tech and Missouri State, though.
They had georgia to but they bailed.
__________________
95' YJ 6" lift 35"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #356
Jeeper
 
blackrubi003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dora, alabama
Posts: 431
Images: 1
come get you some irish......ROLL TIDE!!
blackrubi003 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #357
Jeeper
 
Steeljag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central Fl.
Posts: 510
Most players selected to ALL American team - SEC

Most starters with nine (9) - SEC

Highest attendance for the season - SEC

Highest rated STRENGTH of schudule - SEC

Six of the final top 10 spots - SEC

Championship conference 2012 - SEC

SEC Football...simply the BEST !
Steeljag is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #358
Jeeper
 
Steeljag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central Fl.
Posts: 510
It's bowl season....

The PAC 12 represented well last night with a royal beat down by Baylor.....lol

Speaking of the PAC 12........are those ducks getting ready to be slapped with sanctions ? Kelly on his way out ?

I can honestly see the ten not winning a single bowl game.....LOL....Did they really send a 4 loss team to get slapped down by Stanford.......Sad ! Seriously that's embarrassing !!!

The big money and nation will all be watching the SEC in the real bowls !
Steeljag is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-28-2012, 11:30 PM   #359
BT
Jeeper
 
BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My house?
Posts: 1,173
Any one else see The Ohio Bobcats Kickin @$$ today? Makes me a very proud OU student!!
__________________
"Shiny side up, Greasy side down"

"Where's the shiny side?"

"Brown side up, Greasy side down" - Piper54
BT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #360
Jeeper
 
Steeljag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central Fl.
Posts: 510
Where are our Ten fans hiding ? Gotta be proud...lol

Nice day at the office Ten fans ! 0 and 3 ! Your best team ends the season with 6 loses....lol

Without playing ranked teams during the season this is what happens...lol

The Ten is such a weak conference, I know you'd rather play nobodies and say look at us, we're undefeated......lol....

Play some ranked teams during the season.....saying we're undefeated without playing anyone is sooooo lame...........like Kramer in his 6th grade karate class...LOL

Sit back and watch the big boys play !!

Steeljag is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC