Colorado Jeepers don't wave?? - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
Senior Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A Secure, Undisclosed Area
Posts: 2,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dogger View Post
Remember, that smoking dope is now legal in Colorado and so is drinking Beer, so what more could you ever ask for...............
Free beer ...?

__________________
Never share a foxhole with someone braver than yourself

2013 JK Sport, Dozer, Auto, 3.5 AEV lift, Nitto 35s, Black Rock D909S Wheels, AEV bumper, PIAA lights, Wet Okoles, FlowMaster 40, G2 Diff Covers, K&N, Springfield XD 40 ...
Senior Chief is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #32
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Under my Jeep in beautiful upstate N.Y.
Posts: 2,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
Free beer ...?
What?????WHERE???!!!????!??

1jeeplvr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #33
Jeeper
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: THE NORTH POLE
Posts: 3,854
There will be a lot of Colorado Jeepers waving now, that is waving goodbye, because of all of the flood damage and of coarse they lost many Pot/Weed crops to the floods. They are waving good bye......
The flood damage there, must be very devastating, and if you don't have flood insurance, well then good bye to everything...........
Old Dogger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #34
Jeeper
 
UN150N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santee Ca
Posts: 262
I am so offended by all this.. 1st I've lived across the nation and got more waves in Colorado then most states but yes the waves came from rigs that get used..2nd just because the state made a choice to let people smoke weed doesn't mean we are all pot heads!!!
UN150N is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #35
Jeeper
 
freeskier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 2,607
I always find it funny that Colorado gets the liberal/hippie stereotype because of Boulder. And Boulder gets that stereotype because of Pearl Street. The reality is Boulder is no different than any other college town. And if you aren't a student you are loaded because home prices in Boulder are INSANE.
__________________
CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
The thing I find hilarious is the implication that so many US service members (uh, "fort Colorado Springs", Cheyenne mtn, air academy, 5 Air Force bases, fort Carson) and 'government contractors' are dopers.
__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
Senior Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A Secure, Undisclosed Area
Posts: 2,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ View Post
The thing I find hilarious is the implication that so many US service members (uh, "fort Colorado Springs", Cheyenne mtn, air academy, 5 Air Force bases, fort Carson) and 'government contractors' are dopers.
Colorado - Yes
Doper - No
Senior Chief is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: In The Hot South West AZ, and cold Alaska
Posts: 1,039
Watching the news last night and seeing all of that flood damage that the home owners are going through, is horrible. Many of them are going to be without a place to live for a long time. I hope that they do have some flood Insurance to help out with the expenses. But yes, some will just leave and wave good bye, because they will have nothing left to go back too, very sad.

As for all of their home grown POT/Weed being destroyed, well I hope that they loose it all, because I am not a supporter of Pot Heads. One thing for sure, based on supply and demand, is that the price is going up. So if most of them that live there are hooked on their smoking dope, well it may become a very dangerous place to live for quiet some time, because there will not be enough available to support their life style habit!
Miser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
Senior Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A Secure, Undisclosed Area
Posts: 2,794
It's sunny here in Denver (finally) but I think Boulder county got hammered a lot worse...
__________________
Never share a foxhole with someone braver than yourself

2013 JK Sport, Dozer, Auto, 3.5 AEV lift, Nitto 35s, Black Rock D909S Wheels, AEV bumper, PIAA lights, Wet Okoles, FlowMaster 40, G2 Diff Covers, K&N, Springfield XD 40 ...
Senior Chief is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
Codysrubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Buena Vista, CO
Posts: 182
If I don't wave it's because my had was getting tired. Every third car out here is a Jeep. Plus, I'm originally from Nebraska so I wave at everybody anyway.
Codysrubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
Chief, there-in lies the comedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miser View Post
...As for all of their home grown POT/Weed being destroyed, well I hope that they loose it all, because I am not a supporter of Pot Heads. One thing for sure, based on supply and demand, is that the price is going up. So if most of them that live there are hooked on their smoking dope, well it may become a very dangerous place to live for quiet some time, because there will not be enough available to support their life style habit!
I am pretty sure their election to enforce, by confrontation, the 10th Amendment of the Bill of Rights in no way requires outside support. Further, I am very suprised to hear you say that those who have established land holding(s) and equipment through legal transactions and procured proper licensing to open a manufacturing business for a commodity previously vacant, adding jobs and tax revenue into a stagnant economy, should "loose it all" simply because you think the commodity is bad. I think beer is bad... it kills FAR more people than marihuana ever has, and more people are killed by those consuming it than marihuana ever killed - but I still don't think anheiser busch's facilities should be destroyed and they should loose it all. I just do not buy the products they make.

My point? Live and let live. And any homeowner or business owner who gets flood damage is no better or worse than any other: none of em deserve it.

And on a side note; crime related to the price of weed? Well this is just getting quite silly now... are we quoting reffer madness next?

How is this thread still alive anyway? Ha!
__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: THE NORTH POLE
Posts: 3,854
WOW, a WEED WAR, I like oil wars better, but a WEED WAR may even be better. Some like WEED and others hate it, but I love the high quality smoking pot, mixed with a six pack of Budweiser, WOW, it just doesn't get any better than this................ Rowing down the river in Colorado, what more could you ever want in life.........

Yes, this Thread is still alive and growing..... please carry on......
Old Dogger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
Senior Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A Secure, Undisclosed Area
Posts: 2,794
Personally, though I don't partake myself, I'd rather share the road with another driver who'd hit the bong a few times than one who'd had a three martini lunch. The smoker would be driving six miles an hour and stopping at every Taco Bell. No danger to me. The drinker could kill me...
Senior Chief is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #44
Jeeper
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: THE NORTH POLE
Posts: 3,854
Senior Chief Sir,

What is really dangerous is when you combine the two. Weed and Brew, believe me I know, because it is hard to stay between the lines, even worse at night. So I only drive that way during the day time. This way at least the night time drivers are safe!!!!!!!!
Old Dogger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
UN150N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santee Ca
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dogger View Post
Senior Chief Sir,

What is really dangerous is when you combine the two. Weed and Brew, believe me I know, because it is hard to stay between the lines, even worse at night. So I only drive that way during the day time. This way at least the night time drivers are safe!!!!!!!!
You sir have no place in a jeep or any forum I belong too!!! I have family that drive on the roads in Colorado and the fact that you have no respect for yourself, the jeepin community or the people in Colorado show what kind of person you are!!
UN150N is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: THE NORTH POLE
Posts: 3,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by UN150N View Post
You sir have no place in a jeep or any forum I belong too!!! I have family that drive on the roads in Colorado and the fact that you have no respect for yourself, the jeepin community or the people in Colorado show what kind of person you are!!
My good man, just lighten up, enjoy life and have some fun.............
Thank you for all of your kind words of wisdom! Just maybe we can meet on one of the roads some day, of coarse I don't mean head on, but rather to shake your hand and show you what a real gentlemen that I am.....................
Old Dogger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
UN150N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santee Ca
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dogger View Post

My good man, just lighten up, enjoy life and have some fun.............
Thank you for all of your kind words of wisdom! Just maybe we can meet on one of the roads some day, of coarse I don't mean head on, but rather to shake your hand and show you what a real gentlemen that I am.....................
I'm sorry that I don't take drinking and driving lightly!!! And that I love the state of Colorado and the people that live there... So if your such a gentleman have some respect for the people that have lost their lives and homes instead of poking fun
UN150N is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: THE NORTH POLE
Posts: 3,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by UN150N View Post
I'm sorry that I don't take drinking and driving lightly!!! And that I love the state of Colorado and the people that live there... So if your such a gentleman have some respect for the people that have lost their lives and homes instead of poking fun
Yes, I agree with your post.............and for what it is worth, about the only thing that I ever drink is ice tea and I don't even smoke. And I have not had a accident in over 50 years of driving! So I'm not the one that you need to worry about on the road!

Have a great evening and enjoy life, because there is no guarantee that tomorrow will come..........
Old Dogger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
freeskier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 2,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by UN150N View Post
I'm sorry that I don't take drinking and driving lightly!!! And that I love the state of Colorado and the people that live there... So if your such a gentleman have some respect for the people that have lost their lives and homes instead of poking fun
Lighten up Francis.
__________________
CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: In The Hot South West AZ, and cold Alaska
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by UN150N View Post
You sir have no place in a jeep or any forum I belong too!!! I have family that drive on the roads in Colorado and the fact that you have no respect for yourself, the jeepin community or the people in Colorado show what kind of person you are!!
Wow, you need to chill out, because you are in self destruct mode. Definitely a candidate for a heart attack, and or a Stroke.

I have been on Forum's since their existence, and much of what is said, you have to take with a grain of salt. I always try to put my health before anger!

I hope that you will think about what I have just said and enjoy life, along with this Forum!
Miser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
UN150N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santee Ca
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miser View Post

Wow, you need to chill out, because you are in self destruct mode. Definitely a candidate for a heart attack, and or a Stroke.

I have been on Forum's since their existence, and much of what is said, you have to take with a grain of salt. I always try to put my health before anger!

I hope that you will think about what I have just said and enjoy life, along with this Forum!
I'm not angry at all and I'm sorry if I came off that way it's just sad to see someone with so little respect for others...
UN150N is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
Senior Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A Secure, Undisclosed Area
Posts: 2,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by UN150N View Post
I'm not angry at all and I'm sorry if I came off that way it's just sad to see someone with so little respect for others...
Wait till we all start pontificating about farts again..... Classic, highbrow forum my friend. Classic
Senior Chief is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #53
Jeeper
 
RoadiJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by UN150N View Post
I'm not angry at all and I'm sorry if I came off that way it's just sad to see someone with so little respect for others...
You have to read a lot of Old Dogger's posts and then you'll know when he's just yankin' everybody's chains on here.
RoadiJeff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #54
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: In The Hot South West AZ, and cold Alaska
Posts: 1,039
Yes, Old Dogger yanks there chains. But as you know, he is not always wrong and sometimes they need to be yanked! Example: A state allowing smoking Dope as legal. Just think about it, that just entices your kids and grandkids to join in and smoke it because it's legal. I really think that too many of the Hippy, Yippys now reside over there and they heavily influenced the vote. It's a real shame, because Colorado is one of our most beautiful states, BUT SOME NOT ALL, of the residents have now given it a very bad reputation!

Let's keep waving and just maybe they will start waving back.
Miser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #55
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miser View Post
Yes, Old Dogger yanks there chains. But as you know, he is not always wrong and sometimes they need to be yanked! Example: A state allowing smoking Dope as legal. Just think about it, that just entices your kids and grandkids to join in and smoke it because it's legal. I really think that too many of the Hippy, Yippys now reside over there and they heavily influenced the vote. It's a real shame, because Colorado is one of our most beautiful states, BUT SOME NOT ALL, of the residents have now given it a very bad reputation!

Let's keep waving and just maybe they will start waving back.
Yea... there should be a federal mandate prohibiting dope. And beer. And cigarettes. And pain meds. And polluting Jeeps. And RoundUp. And guns.

OR

We could be the UNITED STATES (go look up what a state is and tell me the 4 things it needs) and have 50 governments loosely bonded by commerce and security, as intended by our founders. But hey, if you love a strong fed, there is always Jolly Ol England for ya. And they won't make you buy health insurance, either.
__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #56
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: In The Hot South West AZ, and cold Alaska
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ View Post
Yea... there should be a federal mandate prohibiting dope. And beer. And cigarettes. And pain meds. And polluting Jeeps. And RoundUp. And guns.

OR

We could be the UNITED STATES (go look up what a state is and tell me the 4 things it needs) and have 50 governments loosely bonded by commerce and security, as intended by our founders. But hey, if you love a strong fed, there is always Jolly Ol England for ya. And they won't make you buy health insurance, either.
I am a middle line Conservative and try not to be radical either way. But I am definitely totally against Big Government telling us what we can and can not do, and they had better not try to take my guns away, but that's another subject.
What I do support is our States making good laws and decisions based on the best interest of the people residing in them, but legalizing smoking dope ain't one of them!!!!!!!!

Since I don't live there, and have no intentions of living there, legalize what ever you want, maybe the next time, it will be Heroin and Meth, so you reap what you ask for in life, but it is the children that have to breath that garbage, that I am concerned and sad for!!!!!!!!!!!
Miser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #57
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miser View Post

I am a middle line Conservative and try not to be radical either way. So I am definitely totally against Big Government telling us what we can and can not do, and they had better not try to take my guns away, but that's another subject.
What I do support is our States making good laws and decisions based on the best interest of the people residing in them, but legalizing smoking dope ain't one of them!!!!!!!!

Since I don't live there, and have no intentions of living there, legalize what ever you want, maybe next it will be Heroin and Meth, so you reap what you ask for in life, but it is the children that have to breath that garbage that I am concerned and sad for!!!!!!!!!!!
So you support 2nd and not the 10th. Gotcha. 'Pick and choose libertarian'.

On topic (well, sort of), are you aware of the actual implications of adapting new drug policy, particularly towards marhuana, and particularly in a modern western culture/economy? Or is this merely speculation? If so, what is this speculation based on (beyond opinion of self)? Can you give a cost - benefit analysis regarding the introduction of a commodity into an economy vs the increase in social health costs (due to more smokers, the most felt social impact, but y'all haven't touched on that yet)?
__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #58
Jeeper
 
UN150N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santee Ca
Posts: 262
I'm sure everyone that is sitting here saying that they shouldn't be allowing people to smoke dope had a beer or a glass of wine with dinner last night and didn't realize that alcohol kills 10x more people every year but since you grew up with alcohol being ok you won't be trying to stop them from selling that... I'm not a weed smoker (yes I tried it in high school like everyone else) and yes I do have a few beers every so often but that's my rt as American....
UN150N is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #59
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: In The Hot South West AZ, and cold Alaska
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ View Post
So you support 2nd and not the 10th. Gotcha. 'Pick and choose libertarian'.

On topic (well, sort of), are you aware of the actual implications of adapting new drug policy, particularly towards marhuana, and particularly in a modern western culture/economy? Or is this merely speculation? If so, what is this speculation based on (beyond opinion of self)? Can you give a cost - benefit analysis regarding the introduction of a commodity into an economy vs the increase in social health costs (due to more smokers, the most felt social impact, but y'all haven't touched on that yet)?
I'm not going to get into a pis-ing contest with you over this! If you support them smoking dope, well then that is your option of opinion.
I don't support drugs of and kind, legal, or illegal, now that is my option of opinion in life and it isn't going to change!
If we go back and forth with 50 different post, well guess what, nothing will change, so why waste our time.
So go ahead and beat up on me some more if you choose too, because it's no big deal on my end!
This is my final post on this subject!!!!!!!!!!
You have a great day and enjoy life as I plan on doing!
Miser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #60
Newb
 
RockyMtnChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
IMO I think Colorado is not a friendly state. We lived there (colorado Springs) for 6 months and left. People were unfriendly, cold, plus it's so dry there you have to use a quart of lotion every day. Now, when I went to New Mexico it was totally different. Go figure.
That's because you lived on the wrong side of the state. I live on the Western Slope, and it's awesome. People are friendly. The problem with the front range is that there are too many California transplants there.

__________________
_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
RockyMtnChick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC