Colt AR @ Wally World - Page 7 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #181
Jeeper
 
teknoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Louisville
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeeplvr View Post
Im in the same boat.Ive got several hand guns & soon I do want a Mossberg but no desire for a semi.A friend of mine just went & got a semi & I asked him why he wanted/needed one.His response was,he didnt want one before the unfortunate shooting & the only reason he did get one is that it pissed him off he may not soon be able to get one.A little silly but whatever.
The only semi-auto long guns I have are .22s. The rest are bolt and lever action. I wouldn't mind having an AR for plinking, but there are other things I'd spend the cash on first. While there isn't such a thing as "enough" guns, I think I can get by.

__________________
Growing Older But Not UP
teknoid is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #182
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknoid

What makes you think they're unfamiliar with gun laws? Is it only because they happen to work at a particular place? Heck, my wife was a sporting goods department manager at Wal-Mart for years. I hate to burst your bubble, but she was trained rather well on those laws, as well as the process of selling a firearm. As for the ammo, if it is legal to purchase, why shouldn't they sell it? I don't usually hunt with .45 caliber or 9mm hollowpoints, either. Does that mean they shouldn't sell it?
They fact they stopped selling pistols for that exact reason. By their own admission, simple laws are all they wish to be informed on.

I never said they should be banned from sales, which leads me to believe you missed the point entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknoid

Where do you get that the employees can't have firearms in their vehicles? They can here. It's a state law in Kentucky. No employer can forbid it.

From personal experience (in distribution), they (LP) would literally walk the lot with a flashlight looking for firearms or alcohol. You could also be fired for any profane language or actions at work, or disrespect of the individual. She can tell ya all about that, and the 10' rule, as well as how very many questionable items are not sold at Walmart b/c of social conotations around them.

__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #183
Jeeper
 
teknoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Louisville
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ View Post
They fact they stopped selling pistols for that exact reason. By their own admission, simple laws are all they wish to be informed on.

I never said they should be banned from sales, which leads me to believe you missed the point entirely.



From personal experience (in distribution), they (LP) would literally walk the lot with a flashlight looking for firearms or alcohol. You could also be fired for any profane language or actions at work, or disrespect of the individual. She can tell ya all about that, and the 10' rule, as well as how very many questionable items are not sold at Walmart b/c of social conotations around them.
I didn't miss your point. I just don't find anything odd about them selling firearms or ammo. It's a free country (kind of) and they can sell (or not sell) whatever they desire. Just like every other retail store does. I'm especially happy that they sell guns and ammo. The lifetime discount we have makes it an even better deal. Oh, the reason they quit selling pistols is simple. It became too big of a hassle. The constantly changing government red tape and liberal screaming just wasn't worth it anymore.

As for LP walking the lot looking to bust folks. Maybe in some states. I can say that it didn't happen in the 3 stores in Illinois and one in Kentucky my wife worked at over 20 years. That's the only ones I have knowledge of. If they tried it in KY, they couldn't do anything about it anyway without getting sued due to the law on the books here. Other places have tested the law. All of them lost.

And yeah, they fire people for cussing around or at customers. So do a lot of places. No surprise or shock, there. I would, too. It isn't a bar, there are usually kids around. Also, that 10 ft rule is very common in all retail stores. Personally, it annoys the heck out of me. I get it at Wally world, Target, Meijers, Penny's, etc. And it ain't because I'm Purty!
__________________
Growing Older But Not UP
teknoid is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #184
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknoid

I didn't miss your point. I just don't find anything odd about them selling firearms or ammo. It's a free country (kind of) and they can sell (or not sell) whatever they desire. Just like every other retail store does. I'm especially happy that they sell guns and ammo. The lifetime discount we have makes it an even better deal. Oh, the reason they quit selling pistols is simple. It became too big of a hassle. The constantly changing government red tape and liberal screaming just wasn't worth it anymore.

As for LP walking the lot looking to bust folks. Maybe in some states. I can say that it didn't happen in the 3 stores in Illinois and one in Kentucky my wife worked at over 20 years. That's the only ones I have knowledge of. If they tried it in KY, they couldn't do anything about it anyway without getting sued due to the law on the books here. Other places have tested the law. All of them lost.

And yeah, they fire people for cussing around or at customers. So do a lot of places. No surprise or shock, there. I would, too. It isn't a bar, there are usually kids around. Also, that 10 ft rule is very common in all retail stores. Personally, it annoys the heck out of me. I get it at Wally world, Target, Meijers, Penny's, etc. And it ain't because I'm Purty!
And as I pointed out, modern sporting rifles have unique 'red tape' in most States, too. Hence the irony, one is too hard to figure out, the other is somehow not.

Nice to know y'all respect the car as an extension of the home (I presume).

Actually, we had no customer interface. Still, cursing was prohibited. An associate was fired once because he had been arrested Saturday night with a whore, and Walmart frowns on moral terpitude. Fired, for an off shift transgression that is a misdemeanor. Your wife should be able to explain all this doctrination in detail. It is a culture of crazy, no offense intended. I was in it for a long time, too. Just do not like being corporate guy anymore
__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #185
Jeeper
 
teknoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Louisville
Posts: 510
Fired for acts when not at work, in Virginia? That's messed up, and just plain WRONG. I know personally two guys who work at Wally World that would have been fired if this was corporate policy. One still works at a super center, and the other at a distribution facility. That is, if DUI's, non-support, and other things fall under that policy.

As for the cursing, I wonder about that being a local paranoid member of management. I've heard quite a few associates cuss when customers weren't around. None of them got fired. Lord knows, they've got plenty to cuss about. I'm really glad I don't have to listen to the rants every night from my wife now. 20 years was enough. The only good thing that came from her getting cancer is that she can't work there any more (too many lymph nodes lost, limited use of one arm).

And, yeah, the car is an extension of the home here. I believe this was passed the same time the castle doctrine and stand your ground laws were. We get a big fat F from the Brady Bunch, and we're proud of it.

The hassle over pistols was a LOT worse than anything else. Too much pressure, and they caved. The same will happen with the Colts. They were harassed by both the public, and by the government. with the short stuff. It was pretty bad. And there isn't any more "red tape" than any other rifle regarding an AR in KY, either. It's just a rifle.

BTW- A lot of places will write you up/fire you for cussing on the job, including mine. I's considered unprofessional. Thank dog I don't work in the office. I'm either by myself, or around customers. I don't cuss around them, and I ain't firing myself.
__________________
Growing Older But Not UP
teknoid is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-24-2012, 06:59 AM   #186
Jeeper
 
joe buell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 599
with all this said and done I do not need an ar15 for hunting or home defense I have other things for that I do own one and for the simple reason its my right to. and I luuuuve to shoot the damn thing until my pet Goat Ruger ate the damn thing last month ? as far as Cali laws they really seem to work only 10rd mags sure keeps the gangs in check out there ? a lot less Murders ??? and for Dicks to bow down over this shooting which is a horrible thing trying to be politicaly correct I know they will not miss my money when I refuse to shop there anymore and alot of people I know feel the same way . shoot straight and keep your powder dry
joe buell is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #187
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknoid
Fired for acts when not at work, in Virginia? That's messed up, and just plain WRONG. I know personally two guys who work at Wally World that would have been fired if this was corporate policy. One still works at a super center, and the other at a distribution facility. That is, if DUI's, non-support, and other things fall under that policy.

As for the cursing, I wonder about that being a local paranoid member of management. I've heard quite a few associates cuss when customers weren't around. None of them got fired. Lord knows, they've got plenty to cuss about. I'm really glad I don't have to listen to the rants every night from my wife now. 20 years was enough. The only good thing that came from her getting cancer is that she can't work there any more (too many lymph nodes lost, limited use of one arm).

And, yeah, the car is an extension of the home here. I believe this was passed the same time the castle doctrine and stand your ground laws were. We get a big fat F from the Brady Bunch, and we're proud of it.

The hassle over pistols was a LOT worse than anything else. Too much pressure, and they caved. The same will happen with the Colts. They were harassed by both the public, and by the government. with the short stuff. It was pretty bad. And there isn't any more "red tape" than any other rifle regarding an AR in KY, either. It's just a rifle.

BTW- A lot of places will write you up/fire you for cussing on the job, including mine. I's considered unprofessional. Thank dog I don't work in the office. I'm either by myself, or around customers. I don't cuss around them, and I ain't firing myself.
Yessir, they saw it in the arrest records in the newspaper, called him in and let him go. Good feller, too.

I was always under the impression it was system wide, though I heard my share of worty dirds workin there. Droped a whole pallet one night, and as it fell I let out a verbal barrage towards it. Turned around and an LP associate was watching me the entire time. She smiled ear to ear, walked off and never said a word. I loved 3rd shift, lmao.

That whole hassle is why I was originally posting this, as it seemingly doesn't jive. In VA, any thing with a folding stock or 20rnd mag or threaded barrel qualifies as an "Assault Firearm" and the buyer must be 21 and show proof of citizenship, neither of which is required for a long rifle.

KY always gives me a reason to smile a bit. When you guys gonna vote hemp cultivation back? It's comin.

I am very sorry to hear of your families fight, and wish you the best to conquer it. It can be a horrible delima to go through, as I am sure you know. God Bless you, and your wife/family, this Holiday season and into the new year.
__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #188
Jeeper
 
Raiderfan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Knob Noster, MO
Posts: 7,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ View Post
KY always gives me a reason to smile a bit. When you guys gonna vote hemp cultivation back? It's comin.
Not anytime soon. Too many multi-billion dollar corporations have too much to lose if hemp wasn't illegal.
Raiderfan001 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #189
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderfan001
Not anytime soon. Too many multi-billion dollar corporations have too much to lose if hemp wasn't illegal.
Well, that's why it got banned in the first place, yet we could send a massive FU to the southeast asia textile market with a rejuvination of our own. So sad.

__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC