Disaronno...Is it a chick drink ? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #1
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Socaljk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Southern California
Posts: 523
Disaronno...Is it a chick drink ?

So I told my wife I wanted a good sipping alcohol. I have some single malt scotch and Gentlemen Jack but was looking for something different. So I bought a bottle of Disaronno. I was, and still am, happy with it. Definitely a different taste then whisky or rum.

My wife laughed at me and said it was a chick drink. I was like "WTF are you talking about." Then she reference the fact that the bottle looks like a giant bottle of perfume!

Well whats your opinion?

__________________
2014 Anvil JKUR, 3.5 Metalcloak, Cooper St Maxx, Teraflex Hd Carrier and Diff Covers, Procal, Spiderweb, yada yada yada
Southern California
Socaljk is online now   Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:01 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Mowrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tampa Fl.
Posts: 1,541
What does she think about the Crown Royal bottle ?

__________________
95 YJ 2.5 5 speed 33" Mud Rovers SOA
A frustrating WORK IN PROGRESS
Mowrangler is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:18 AM   #3
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
chucky cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: We eat stuff outa ditches!
Posts: 4,560
What difference does it make as long as it gets you where your going. I will tell you a secret. You will get more attention from chicks by drinking girly drinks. You can sit there drinking a he man drink with one of those skull ice cubes and a fire cracker for a straw. Most women will put up a barrier and treat you like a threat. Drink a girly drink and they see you as one of their own and invite you into the fold because you seem timid and non threatening. BwaaaHaaHaaHaa!
__________________
It ain't easy being cheesy:

Sometimes I make decisions like famous people.
George Armstrong Custer "lets go over that hill, I think those are friendly indians!"

Titanic's Captain Smith "What icebergs? Full speed ahead!"
chucky cheese is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Socaljk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Southern California
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky cheese View Post
what difference does it make as long as it gets you where your going. I will tell you a secret. You will get more attention from chicks by drinking girly drinks. You can sit there drinking a he man drink with one of those skull ice cubes and a fire cracker for a straw. Most women will put up a barrier and treat you like a threat. Drink a girly drink and they see you as one of their own and invite you into the fold because you seem timid and non threatening. Bwaaahaahaahaa!

bingo !
__________________
2014 Anvil JKUR, 3.5 Metalcloak, Cooper St Maxx, Teraflex Hd Carrier and Diff Covers, Procal, Spiderweb, yada yada yada
Southern California
Socaljk is online now   Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:21 PM   #5
'ello gov'na

WF Supporting Member
 
1monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: nowheresville, mississippi
Posts: 1,211
Images: 3
from a chicks point of view...there may be a little something to that if the chicks are giggly girly-girls...but I don't really care what you drink...that is not a deciding factor in whether or not I'm gonna talk to you... so drink up and enjoy!
__________________
2014 JK Willys in Billet, soft top, 6 speed, stubby antennae, Carr side steps, rocknob shifter
Kerri
1monday is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #6
הפטיש העברי

WF Supporting Member
 
H3br3wHamm3r81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socaljk View Post
So I told my wife I wanted a good sipping alcohol. I have some single malt scotch and Gentlemen Jack but was looking for something different. So I bought a bottle of Disaronno. I was, and still am, happy with it. Definitely a different taste then whisky or rum.

My wife laughed at me and said it was a chick drink. I was like "WTF are you talking about." Then she reference the fact that the bottle looks like a giant bottle of perfume!

Well whats your opinion?
I'm pretty sure it's a liqueur, so yeah, girly liquor. So let's play a game. Can anyone name a liqueur that isn't girly?
H3br3wHamm3r81 is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #7
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Socaljk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Southern California
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3br3wHamm3r81 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's a liqueur, so yeah, girly liquor. So let's play a game. Can anyone name a liqueur that isn't girly?
From manly tip girly. Left to right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2550997655.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	1448081  
__________________
2014 Anvil JKUR, 3.5 Metalcloak, Cooper St Maxx, Teraflex Hd Carrier and Diff Covers, Procal, Spiderweb, yada yada yada
Southern California
Socaljk is online now   Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:57 AM   #8
הפטיש העברי

WF Supporting Member
 
H3br3wHamm3r81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,353
Wait, wait...

Only the Disaronno is a liquer there.
H3br3wHamm3r81 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phila
Posts: 2,003
Disaronno on the rocks kooks like any other brown booze. They don't know unless they ask.

Now a grasshopper or a peach blossom fize might set you apart.
sparky is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
wat3rdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,782
Images: 11
Disarono on the rocks with a Rock Pattel cigar is how I like to enjoy a nice evening with some blues playing.
__________________
wat3rdog is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Hrlygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Land of confusion
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky cheese View Post
What difference does it make as long as it gets you where your going. I will tell you a secret. You will get more attention from chicks by drinking girly drinks. You can sit there drinking a he man drink with one of those skull ice cubes and a fire cracker for a straw. Most women will put up a barrier and treat you like a threat. Drink a girly drink and they see you as one of their own and invite you into the fold because you seem timid and non threatening. BwaaaHaaHaaHaa!
I agree with part of this. Just a couple weeks ago there was a guy at the bar drinking a cider. I was picking on him and said it was a girly drink and to at least add some Fireball to it. I used to be a bartender and notice what people are drinking.
I don't know if I would call Disaronno a girly drink persay but not the most manly either. But I say drink what ya like.

Hrlygrl is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC