High School Jeepers Thread - Page 1010 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #30271
Jeeper
 
InvertChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NoVa
Posts: 7,879
So I just found out that my friends grandpa's house has a HUGE shop with all sorts of tools and a lift now I can install my skid plate

__________________
|2004 Jeep TJ "Green Machine"|4.0L 5 speed Dana44|33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs|2.5" RC coils + 1.25" body lift|OME NitroSport shocks|4.56 gears|Skid Row Engine Skid|BCC Sliders|Currie AntiRock|
InvertChaos is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #30272
Jeeper
 
Bostonshooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 1,920
Hi all,just picked molly up from the shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvertChaos View Post
So I just found out that my friends grandpa's house has a HUGE shop with all sorts of tools and a lift now I can install my skid plate
now isn't life just awesome?

__________________
[_]IIIIII[_]
"musty"
Bostonshooligan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #30273
Jeeper
 
Bostonshooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 1,920
Congrats HSJT on 1K sorry to say ive missed it along with a couple days,how we all been
__________________
[_]IIIIII[_]
"musty"
Bostonshooligan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #30274
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 View Post
I would love to do it all myself, someday.
Anything is possible...
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #30275
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvertChaos View Post
So I just found out that my friends grandpa's house has a HUGE shop with all sorts of tools and a lift now I can install my skid plate
You should take any other little project you want to mount with you.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #30276
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonshooligan View Post
Hi all,just picked molly up from the shop
Why was she in the shop?
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #30277
Jeeper
 
Bostonshooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
Why was she in the shop?
dad was driving her,i dont know how he noticed but the house carrying coolant broke and came off,and he literately just coasted into a good Friend of ours shop.
__________________
[_]IIIIII[_]
"musty"
Bostonshooligan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #30278
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonshooligan View Post
dad was driving her,i dont know how he noticed but the house carrying coolant broke and came off,and he literately just coasted into a good Friend of ours shop.
Temp gauge probably pegged in the Hot zone. Plus, coolant has a distinctive smell.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #30279
Jeeper
 
shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 21,449
Images: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonshooligan View Post
dad was driving her,i dont know how he noticed but the house carrying coolant broke and came off,and he literately just coasted into a good Friend of ours shop.
Glad you got her back....now if I can just get mine back....
__________________
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
shell is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #30280
Jeeper
 
Bostonshooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell View Post
Glad you got her back....now if I can just get mine back....
she still in the shop? did the chevy end up doing any serious damaged?
__________________
[_]IIIIII[_]
"musty"
Bostonshooligan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #30281
Jeeper
 
shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 21,449
Images: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonshooligan View Post
she still in the shop? did the chevy end up doing any serious damaged?
She just went in today. They wanted it at the beginning of the week instead of the end. I don't know what damage was done yet. They haven't called me. They did say that it could be as soon as Thursday or if it was extensive it could be next week before I get her back

They are checking the tailgate, hinges, the spare tire & rim & replacing the spare cover. I requested the one that say "There's only one" with the US flag. Hopefully I'll have it & her back before 9/11. Fingers crossed.

I hate my rental. The only positive thing I can say is at least it's black.
__________________
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
shell is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #30282
Jeeper
 
Bostonshooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
Temp gauge probably pegged in the Hot zone. Plus, coolant has a distinctive smell.
could be it ,the one thing that worked out well out of all that is that i found out the mechanics son,(a Friend i used to work with) just got a 95 YJ stock 4 cly with the same color combo with me,except molly has mods
__________________
[_]IIIIII[_]
"musty"
Bostonshooligan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #30283
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell View Post
I hate my rental. The only positive thing I can say is at least it's black.
If you burnt it, it would still be black.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #30284
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonshooligan View Post
could be it ,the one thing that worked out well out of all that is that i found out the mechanics son,(a Friend i used to work with) just got a 95 YJ stock 4 cly with the same color combo with me,except molly has mods
Wheeling partner.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #30285
Jeeper
 
Bostonshooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell View Post
She just went in today. They wanted it at the beginning of the week instead of the end. I don't know what damage was done yet. They haven't called me. They did say that it could be as soon as Thursday or if it was extensive it could be next week before I get her back

They are checking the tailgate, hinges, the spare tire & rim & replacing the spare cover. I requested the one that say "There's only one" with the US flag. Hopefully I'll have it & her back before 9/11. Fingers crossed.

I hate my rental. The only positive thing I can say is at least it's black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
If you burnt it, it would still be black.
whats the rental?
__________________
[_]IIIIII[_]
"musty"
Bostonshooligan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #30286
Jeeper
 
shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 21,449
Images: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
If you burnt it, it would still be black.
Good point....they kept pushing the rental insurance on me...I declined. I'm not paying anymore out of pocket than I have to. They already got a $50 deposit from me If anything happens to it my insurance will have to foot the bill on it. So I guess I'm gonna have to take care of it.
__________________
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
shell is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #30287
Jeeper
 
shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 21,449
Images: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonshooligan View Post
whats the rental?
Chevy Impala, or a big *ss boat. I call it the ghetto mobile.
__________________
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
shell is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #30288
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell

Chevy Impala, or a big *ss boat. I call it the ghetto mobile.
Need some 24 nah those are old school want some 36 inch. Rims
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #30289
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell View Post
Good point....they kept pushing the rental insurance on me...I declined. I'm not paying anymore out of pocket than I have to. They already got a $50 deposit from me If anything happens to it my insurance will have to foot the bill on it. So I guess I'm gonna have to take care of it.
They get you. One way or the other.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #30290
Jeeper
 
shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 21,449
Images: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakea94 View Post
Need some 24 nah those are old school want some 36 inch. Rims
That would be so AWESOME!!!

They had an interesting selection of cars to say the least. A VW Bug, HHR, some KIA SUV, impalas. It was wierd....
__________________
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
shell is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #30291
Jeeper
 
shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 21,449
Images: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
They get you. One way or the other.
I shoulda just said no thanks & just let Hubster drive for the next week. Which he probably will be anyway...
__________________
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
shell is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #30292
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell View Post
I shoulda just said no thanks & just let Hubster drive for the next week. Which he probably will be anyway...
The other guy is paying for it. Get your moneys worth.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #30293
Jeeper
 
shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 21,449
Images: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
The other guy is paying for it. Get your moneys worth.
They are buying me a new spare tire cover of my choice...yay! I just hope my Jeep is ok everywhere else.
__________________
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
shell is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #30294
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,667
I know, I plan on having all the tools and equip my heart can desire some day, I have the rest of my life the way I look at it

Pretty excited about this stuff, got my bumper and slider/steps all laid out, just need a few more measurements for the paper. Trying to decide for sure on sizes and lengths of a few things, and also trying to decide how I will mount the sliders, if it will be solely the tabs tapped into the sides, or frame supports/tie ins, or what. Should be interesting. and my bumper needs to make sure my shackle tabs are gona be strong enough. I may leave my tow hooks on as well.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #30295
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell View Post
They are buying me a new spare tire cover of my choice...yay! I just hope my Jeep is ok everywhere else.
I like that cover. Didn't realize it was a stock MOPAR cover until I went looking for an AF one for Drake.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #30296
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 View Post
and also trying to decide how I will mount the sliders, if it will be solely the tabs tapped into the sides, or frame supports/tie ins, or what.
Frame mounts will be stronger.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #30297
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,667
Yeah but less clearance under the body. Thing is that the tub still dips down lower than the outside of the tub, so I cant run straight back to the frame. So either I have to angle it, or I have to run back til I hit tub then down and to the frame. I am sure I will tie into is somehow.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #30298
Jeeper
 
shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 21,449
Images: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
I like that cover. Didn't realize it was a stock MOPAR cover until I went looking for an AF one for Drake.
A lot better than the plain old JEEP one right?
__________________
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
shell is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #30299
Jeeper
 
InvertChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NoVa
Posts: 7,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00
Yeah but less clearance under the body. Thing is that the tub still dips down lower than the outside of the tub, so I cant run straight back to the frame. So either I have to angle it, or I have to run back til I hit tub then down and to the frame. I am sure I will tie into is somehow.
I was reading somewhere why body mounted sliders are better....I forget where though. I think it was Jerry Bransford saying it.
__________________
|2004 Jeep TJ "Green Machine"|4.0L 5 speed Dana44|33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs|2.5" RC coils + 1.25" body lift|OME NitroSport shocks|4.56 gears|Skid Row Engine Skid|BCC Sliders|Currie AntiRock|
InvertChaos is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #30300
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvertChaos View Post
I was reading somewhere why body mounted sliders are better....I forget where though. I think it was Jerry Bransford saying it.

Probably are. I mean they should still technically protect me more than nothing either way. But Idk if I could use them as a jack point? Something to think about. I may just use a piece of 3.5x3.5 angle at 1/4. Thats what Ibuildembig did with his, and a simple peice of bent tube. drilled holes and done. haha. I may run a piece of steel about 6 inches long in the middle as a brace for the tube and as a small step.

__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
jack is a big deal , kenny is the big deal. , let's make a deal... , no big deal , ryan is a bigger deal , ryans deal is bigger , ryans deal is stupid

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Multi-Quote Scout Off-Topic 27 02-16-2012 03:47 PM
06 tj high school build Drakea94 Builders Corner 66 08-20-2011 09:01 PM
SCHOOL 1977 vs. SCHOOL 2007 tazmann910 Off-Topic 13 12-17-2007 11:30 AM
Which Thread is that? nicolas-eric TJ General Discussion Forum 24 11-28-2007 07:04 PM



» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC