High School Jeepers Thread - Page 152 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-30-2011, 10:39 PM   #4531
Jeeper
 
RockyWrangler98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 8,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog

When it gets closer, pm me and i'll send you my cell # for texting. I'd post it now, but I think I'd get overloaded by the guys/gal. lol
Don't flatter yourself... Lol

__________________
"Why do you drive something like that?" ...To which I reply: "To make people like you ask questions like that."
RockyWrangler98 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #4532
Jeeper
 
Zetsumei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4,267
I want to go watch the last shuttle launch, but I'm stuck up in Kentucky. Sad really. Can't wait to see what else comes out of NASA and private groups.

Zetsumei is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #4533
Jeeper
 
Jeepoffroad04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cocoa, Florida
Posts: 3,261
Images: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyWrangler98

Don't flatter yourself... Lol
Lol
__________________
-33x12.50 Trxus MTs on 15" American Outlaws
-4" Skyjacker lift kit
-Rampage bowless soft top, 1.25" JKS BL
-Smittybilt xrc8 winch, xrc stinger, and step rail
-Detriot lockers front and rear
-ARB safari snorkel & more
Jeepoffroad04 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #4534
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakea94 View Post
Yea we do know about the launch , said that that's when were headed down , kinda upset it's not a day later so we could see the last one . Do you know if anything else good is going on at NASA ?
Don't worry. This time of year, launches get weather "scrubbed" multiple times. Every launch has a "window" of time that they can launch. If the storms are rolling in, they can't launch, so it moves to the next day. The times shift, a little. If you want to know why, I can explain it, but it's convoluted.

My concern is lodging. All the hotels are booked. They are expecting an extra million people here for this launch. I'm not looking forward to my commutes.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #4535
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyWrangler98 View Post
Don't flatter yourself... Lol
Want to bet me?
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #4536
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
I want to go watch the last shuttle launch, but I'm stuck up in Kentucky. Sad really. Can't wait to see what else comes out of NASA and private groups.
Looks like they are going old school. Like the Apollo Program, but larger.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #4537
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepoffroad04 View Post
Lol
Et, tu?
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #4538
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog

Don't worry. This time of year, launches get weather "scrubbed" multiple times. Every launch has a "window" of time that they can launch. If the storms are rolling in, they can't launch, so it moves to the next day. The times shift, a little. If you want to know why, I can explain it, but it's convoluted.

My concern is lodging. All the hotels are booked. They are expecting an extra million people here for this launch. I'm not looking forward to my commutes.
My mom = NASA freak anything NASA or space relates she loves , she has explained time frame for space shuttle plenty of times I got it memorized .

And we've had a condo booked in January .
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #4539
Jeeper
 
Zetsumei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
Looks like they are going old school. Like the Apollo Program, but larger.
I've heard that, plus a few other things, but those things were more private corporations. I was going to go into Aerospace Engineering originally, but I've decided to go broad with Mechanical THEN maybe Aerospace later on. Sounds like you have one sweet job though.
Zetsumei is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #4540
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakea94 View Post
My mom = NASA freak anything NASA or space relates she loves , she has explained time frame for space shuttle plenty of times I got it memorized .

And we've had a condo booked in January .
Good deal.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #4541
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog

Looks like they are going old school. Like the Apollo Program, but larger.
Ya I saw NASA's plans last time I was there . What's NASA gonna do if Russia ( correct me if I'm wrong please) decides to jack up the price ( or just decide not to transport are astronauts ) ?
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #4542
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog

Good deal.
Anything cool going on at NASA that week ?
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #4543
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
I've heard that, plus a few other things, but those things were more private corporations. I was going to go into Aerospace Engineering originally, but I've decided to go broad with Mechanical THEN maybe Aerospace later on. Sounds like you have one sweet job though.
Don't get me started...

The people that build/launch/recover the Shuttle (and future manned flight vehicles) are private companies/contractors. The amount of NASA oversight is what kills it. 1 technician, 3 company quality assurance folks and 6 NASA observers does not make for a stream-lined system.

Just saying...

In the past, I have done tests on International Space Station components (which is cool, since my fingerprints are in space), but there were well over 300 people in the background when I was instructed to perform the test. Took me 45 seconds X2. but I set up my equipment 9 hours prior to the test. Manned flight is ridiculous. I'm glad I'm back on the other side.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #4544
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,118
Just saw this thought it was interesting
NASA annual budget is 19 billion
In comparison
The D.O.D. Spends 19 billion a year
Cooling buildings and tents in iraq

This is why we haven't been to mars.
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:17 PM   #4545
Jeeper
 
Zetsumei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
Don't get me started...

The people that build/launch/recover the Shuttle (and future manned flight vehicles) are private companies/contractors. The amount of NASA oversight is what kills it. 1 technician, 3 company quality assurance folks and 6 NASA observers does not make for a stream-lined system.

Just saying...

In the past, I have done tests on International Space Station components (which is cool, since my fingerprints are in space), but there were well over 300 people in the background when I was instructed to perform the test. Took me 45 seconds X2. but I set up my equipment 9 hours prior to the test. Manned flight is ridiculous. I'm glad I'm back on the other side.
Sounds crazy. I'm not sure if I want to go into a flight/space based career. Right now I'm kind of stuck on the idea of getting into something automobile based. (Major: Mechanical Engineering Minor: German Possible double major to pick up a Major in Marketing...)
Zetsumei is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:17 PM   #4546
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakea94 View Post
Anything cool going on at NASA that week ?
There is more to space than NASA. The Air Force launches 6 for every 1 NASA launches. Ours just don't have people, so it isn't sexy.

I'll look at the schedule tomorrow, but Shuttle launches usually close the Range for a week, either way.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #4547
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakea94 View Post
Just saw this thought it was interesting
NASA annual budget is 19 billion
In comparison
The D.O.D. Spends 19 billion a year
Cooling buildings and tents in iraq

This is why we haven't been to mars.
And which one keeps this country safer? It's all about perspective.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #4548
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
Sounds crazy. I'm not sure if I want to go into a flight/space based career. Right now I'm kind of stuck on the idea of getting into something automobile based. (Major: Mechanical Engineering Minor: German Possible double major to pick up a Major in Marketing...)
Personally? I would go Mechanical or Electrical. Either one would let you move to another discipline, like aerospace. Mechanical might have a little edge on that.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #4549
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog

There is more to space than NASA. The Air Force launches 6 for every 1 NASA launches. Ours just don't have people, so it isn't sexy.

I'll look at the schedule tomorrow, but Shuttle launches usually close the Range for a week, either way.
Didn't mean to offend seadog I know the air force launches so much more .
I'd love to see anything going on any event . Last year we saw applo 50th
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:27 PM   #4550
Jeeper
 
Zetsumei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
Personally? I would go Mechanical or Electrical. Either one would let you move to another discipline, like aerospace. Mechanical might have a little edge on that.
I decided on Mechanical for that reason. It's a little more broad and allows me to move into what I'm interested. Though I'm very interested in theoretical physics type stuff... I love physics lol.
Zetsumei is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #4551
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog

And which one keeps this country safer? It's all about perspective.
Seadog didn't mean to offend I agree I'd prefer them to be all the more safer . The more money spent on them the safer all of us at home are .
With no military funding there is no red white and blue .
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:31 PM   #4552
Jeeper
 
RockyWrangler98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 8,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsumei

I decided on Mechanical for that reason. It's a little more broad and allows me to move into what I'm interested. Though I'm very interested in theoretical physics type stuff... I love physics lol.
That makes my major in philosophy sound useless. Jk, it is.
__________________
"Why do you drive something like that?" ...To which I reply: "To make people like you ask questions like that."
RockyWrangler98 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #4553
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakea94 View Post
Didn't mean to offend seadog I know the air force launches so much more .
I'd love to see anything going on any event . Last year we saw applo 50th
I'm not offended. NASA is sexy. Gets all the hype. But the Air Force is the backbone of defense. ( I should patent that phrase.)
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:36 PM   #4554
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
I decided on Mechanical for that reason. It's a little more broad and allows me to move into what I'm interested. Though I'm very interested in theoretical physics type stuff... I love physics lol.
Crap, now you are speaking over my head. Theoretical sounds like guess work, but you have to explore to figure stuff out.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:38 PM   #4555
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakea94 View Post
Seadog didn't mean to offend I agree I'd prefer them to be all the more safer . The more money spent on them the safer all of us at home are .
With no military funding there is no red white and blue .
Not offended. At all.

Now I have to reply to Rocky, or she will feel slighted.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:40 PM   #4556
Jeeper
 
RockyWrangler98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 8,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog

Not offended. At all.

Now I have to reply to Rocky, or she will feel slighted.
You're right...
__________________
"Why do you drive something like that?" ...To which I reply: "To make people like you ask questions like that."
RockyWrangler98 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #4557
Jeeper
 
Zetsumei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
Crap, now you are speaking over my head. Theoretical sounds like guess work, but you have to explore to figure stuff out.
I watch The Science Channel all day, my favorite show is "Through The Wormhole, With Morgan Freeman." I LOVE Physics. Lets think about alternate dimensions and parallel universes. Now lets figure out how to prove they exist lol... There's a new idea out there that there are two dimensions of time. Plus more than just the regular 3-Dimensions that are agreed on.
Zetsumei is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #4558
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog

the Air Force is the backbone of defense. ( I should patent that phrase.)
I love it
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #4559
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog

Not offended. At all.

Now I have to reply to Rocky, or she will feel slighted.
Rockys dangerous !!!
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:45 PM   #4560
Jeeper
 
RockyWrangler98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 8,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsumei

I watch The Science Channel all day, my favorite show is "Through The Wormhole, With Morgan Freeman." I LOVE Physics. Lets think about alternate dimensions and parallel universes. Now lets figure out how to prove they exist lol... There's a new idea out there that there are two dimensions of time. Plus more than just the regular 3-Dimensions that are agreed on.
I have to have 8 credit hours of physics as a pre-req for med school, yay me. Lol Did you watch that special that Stephen Hawking narrated? That was pretty awesome.

__________________
"Why do you drive something like that?" ...To which I reply: "To make people like you ask questions like that."
RockyWrangler98 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
jack is a big deal , kenny is the big deal. , let's make a deal... , no big deal , ryan is a bigger deal , ryans deal is bigger , ryans deal is stupid

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Multi-Quote Scout Off-Topic 27 02-16-2012 04:47 PM
06 tj high school build Drakea94 Builders Corner 66 08-20-2011 10:01 PM
SCHOOL 1977 vs. SCHOOL 2007 tazmann910 Off-Topic 13 12-17-2007 12:30 PM
Which Thread is that? nicolas-eric TJ General Discussion Forum 24 11-28-2007 08:04 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC