High School Jeepers Thread - Page 3197 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #95881
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00

I believe some if not all come with a very small axle. But if you are going full width that wouldn't matter. Frame might be a little thin. Otherwise it could be cool. What are your goals?
I don't want an all out mud bog v8 monster. I just want a lil toy to play around in.

I want a v6 5 speed regular cab. Take off the bed, and put a roll bar going from cab roll cage to the frame. Take off front fenders, narrow hood to frame width, make tube fenders, cut everything off the cab except for the firewall and dash (that way I have everything still in tact) and get 31s or 33s. Custom bumpers and skid plates prolly too

__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #95882
Jeeper
 
DeepSouthJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoJeepGirl

I was thinking about that. My other big concerns were gas tank and steering box. Anyone have any trouble with those?
I noticed the steering gear box hangs kinds low and in the way, I've been thinking of getting a skid for that too. But first I just need to focus on getting my lift on, then I can throw cash at other stuff. I thought the gas tank came with a skid?

DeepSouthJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #95883
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthJeeper

I noticed the steering gear box hangs kinds low and in the way, I've been thinking of getting a skid for that too. But first I just need to focus on getting my lift on, then I can throw cash at other stuff. I thought the gas tank came with a skid?
I'm not sure! Mine came with one that went straight across the middle. I pretty sure I don't have one on my gas tank. Does yours? I need tires and even just a couple inch body lift. But mainly tires. What's the biggest tire I could put on without putting a lift on? That's first thing. I need wider tires.
CamoJeepGirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #95884
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthJeeper

I noticed the steering gear box hangs kinds low and in the way, I've been thinking of getting a skid for that too. But first I just need to focus on getting my lift on, then I can throw cash at other stuff. I thought the gas tank came with a skid?
It does. It's just kinda thin. Mine withstood a Honda civic rear ending me though
__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #95885
Jeeper
 
BumperJumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinwater

It does. It's just kinda thin. Mine withstood a Honda civic rear ending me though
Justifies driving a jeep. Think of all the money that guy probably had to pay in a deductible, while you paid for what, a $5 can of spray paint? Saved you a lot of gas money haha
__________________
98 Tj Wrangler. 4.0L I6 Automatic, 33" Tires, BORLA full exhaust, and Dana 44 rear.
BumperJumper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #95886
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperJumper

Justifies driving a jeep. Think of all the money that guy probably had to pay in a deductible, while you paid for what, a $5 can of spray paint? Saved you a lot of gas money haha
Yeah. I got $1700 for it! I had to get new exhaust and a shock though cuz they bounced off my skid plate and into my exhaust which bent into my shock. And I was in the process of putting on my new bumper (I was gonna put it on after school that day) do I didn't have one on at the time
__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #95887
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinwater View Post
I don't want an all out mud bog v8 monster. I just want a lil toy to play around in.

I want a v6 5 speed regular cab. Take off the bed, and put a roll bar going from cab roll cage to the frame. Take off front fenders, narrow hood to frame width, make tube fenders, cut everything off the cab except for the firewall and dash (that way I have everything still in tact) and get 31s or 33s. Custom bumpers and skid plates prolly too

What is wrong with the jeep? or just want to keep it out of the mud? Sounds good, I would try to find maybe an older f150 that has bad bed rot or damage already that you can get for a steal. Bigger axles, then you can throw some cheap used big tires on em.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #95888
Jeeper
 
NorthwestTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoJeepGirl

That's what happened with me! My dad said ok let's go! We went to the dealership, he drove it to a back road and taught me. I didn't do too bad but it wasn't great! Then 2 days later I got the truck and now I'm getting much better! Now I'm not nervous when I stall because when I stall its because of something really stupid lol
I rarely stall, but when I do its at the worst possible moments
__________________
The voices in my head told me to...
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)
NorthwestTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #95889
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00

What is wrong with the jeep? or just want to keep it out of the mud? Sounds good, I would try to find maybe an older f150 that has bad bed rot or damage already that you can get for a steal. Bigger axles, then you can throw some cheap used big tires on em.
The jeep is my dads baby so I can't do anything to that AT ALL. And I was wanting it to be kinda light that way I can pull it with my HEMI and just have fun. I can always put axles underneath it if need be but I'm not wanting a full size for towing reasons. And I could always beef up the frame in the places that my cage is going to be welded to
__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #95890
Jeeper
 
InvertChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NoVa
Posts: 7,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinwater

I don't want an all out mud bog v8 monster. I just want a lil toy to play around in.

I want a v6 5 speed regular cab. Take off the bed, and put a roll bar going from cab roll cage to the frame. Take off front fenders, narrow hood to frame width, make tube fenders, cut everything off the cab except for the firewall and dash (that way I have everything still in tact) and get 31s or 33s. Custom bumpers and skid plates prolly too
Has potential
__________________
|2004 Jeep TJ "Green Machine"|4.0L 5 speed Dana44|33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs|2.5" RC coils + 1.25" body lift|OME NitroSport shocks|4.56 gears|Skid Row Engine Skid|BCC Sliders|Currie AntiRock|
InvertChaos is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #95891
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvertChaos

Has potential
That's good I'm guessing? Haha
__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #95892
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestTJ

I rarely stall, but when I do its at the worst possible moments
Same here! I've had it for little under a month now. So a month of driving stick had taught me a lot and I've gotten the hang of it. The one time I stalled was in the middle on an intersection in a red light because the guy before me gabbed his brakes and stopped at the other side of the intersection leaving me there and since everything happened that quick I forgot to push the clutch. Needless to say it took me a couple seconds :P luckily everyone was paying attention!
CamoJeepGirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #95893
Jeeper
 
NorthwestTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoJeepGirl

Same here! I've had it for little under a month now. So a month of driving stick had taught me a lot and I've gotten the hang of it. The one time I stalled was in the middle on an intersection in a red light because the guy before me gabbed his brakes and stopped at the other side of the intersection leaving me there and since everything happened that quick I forgot to push the clutch. Needless to say it took me a couple seconds :P luckily everyone was paying attention!
Haha smooth...real smooth...
__________________
The voices in my head told me to...
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)
NorthwestTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #95894
Jeeper
 
DeepSouthJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoJeepGirl

I'm not sure! Mine came with one that went straight across the middle. I pretty sure I don't have one on my gas tank. Does yours? I need tires and even just a couple inch body lift. But mainly tires. What's the biggest tire I could put on without putting a lift on? That's first thing. I need wider tires.
What type of jeep do you have (CJ, YJ, TJ, JK)? If its a TJ, you can fit 31 inch tires stock I think. And a body lift will make it look a little better, but the only advantage you'll have will be more room for a nice set of tires. The way to go is a suspension lift, if you have a TJ or JK all you need is a budget boost. It doesn't just raise the jeep off the frame, it raises the frame higher off the ground
DeepSouthJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #95895
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,741
I see man. Alright. Well goodluck with it I look forward to seeing the build!
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 01:53 AM   #95896
Jeeper
 
Commando Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinwater

I don't want an all out mud bog v8 monster. I just want a lil toy to play around in.

I want a v6 5 speed regular cab. Take off the bed, and put a roll bar going from cab roll cage to the frame. Take off front fenders, narrow hood to frame width, make tube fenders, cut everything off the cab except for the firewall and dash (that way I have everything still in tact) and get 31s or 33s. Custom bumpers and skid plates prolly too
My mud buggy dream is a pair of full width axles on probably a full size ford frame, a monster small block Chevy with a full cage, it would have sort of a rock crawler feel with all the exposed tubing, but I'd fab in doors and sheet metal to protect the engine, slope it in the back for a fast back look and channel the frame to be thinner bringing it to a nice rounded point. This would also be sitting on 44s be street legal and be locked front and rear with warn manual hubs and be capable of rock crawling. It's a basic idea that will take a while to do, I might actually just start with a beat up YJ body and graft it to a full size truck frame, oh my head is a terrible place for vehicles haha.
__________________
Will
Forest Green Pearl TJ
4.0L/ 5 speed/ Rampage Soft Top
3" SL/1.25" BL/1" MML
Warn Rear/ ARB full width front Bumper
33x11 Wrangler MTR Kevlar/16" Ultrastar rims
Engo 12k cable
Commando Solo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #95897
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando Solo

My mud buggy dream is a pair of full width axles on probably a full size ford frame, a monster small block Chevy with a full cage, it would have sort of a rock crawler feel with all the exposed tubing, but I'd fab in doors and sheet metal to protect the engine, slope it in the back for a fast back look and channel the frame to be thinner bringing it to a nice rounded point. This would also be sitting on 44s be street legal and be locked front and rear with warn manual hubs and be capable of rock crawling. It's a basic idea that will take a while to do, I might actually just start with a beat up YJ body and graft it to a full size truck frame, oh my head is a terrible place for vehicles haha.
I want the exposed tubing feel too. The only original sheet metal left will be the hood and firewall. The rat will be tube. And I'm wanting the fastback look also and I'm gonna shorten the frame to where it stops right after the leafs and take my tubes to end of the frame and built a spare tire mount right there at the end of the frame on my fastback cage. And vehicles definitely live and die in my head
__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #95898
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,741
That stuff would never fly on PA roads lol.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #95899
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00
That stuff would never fly on PA roads lol.
Mines def not gonna be street legal... Haha. And here's some pics of the cage type thing I wanna build

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1862090152.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	178304

That's inside the cab

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2432287013.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	178305

That's what I want my "fastback" to look like

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1938702928.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	178306

That's showing the length of the frame and stuff
__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #95900
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,741
Looks nice. It will make a nice little truggy.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #95901
Jeeper
 
stuckinwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00
Looks nice. It will make a nice little truggy.
I'm hoping so. Now I just need to find a place to build it. My neighborhood won't allow it
__________________
Yeah, its got a HEMI!
stuckinwater is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #95902
Jeeper
 
sakicnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lebanon,TN
Posts: 526
Haha I had mud in my distributor from Saturday so now the light is off
sakicnut is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #95903
Jeeper
 
Commando Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakicnut
Haha I had mud in my distributor from Saturday so now the light is off
Lol, that's a new one to me
__________________
Will
Forest Green Pearl TJ
4.0L/ 5 speed/ Rampage Soft Top
3" SL/1.25" BL/1" MML
Warn Rear/ ARB full width front Bumper
33x11 Wrangler MTR Kevlar/16" Ultrastar rims
Engo 12k cable
Commando Solo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #95904
Jeeper
 
sakicnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lebanon,TN
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando Solo

Lol, that's a new one to me
After they cleaned it out tho lol
sakicnut is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #95905
Jeeper
 
Logan_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My.Juliet
Posts: 820
Send a message via Skype™ to Logan_M
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakicnut
Haha I had mud in my distributor from Saturday so now the light is off
Hey, I know the feeling! But I was at woolys and it was covered in mud and it got all over us. Haha, did you use rubbing alcohol? Like the guy showed us
Logan_M is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #95906
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
Just called my dealer and told him to find me a kodiak brown explorer to test drive.
Attached Images
   
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #95907
Jeeper
 
CMA_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hixson, TN
Posts: 3,167
Send a message via Yahoo to CMA_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakicnut View Post
Haha I had mud in my distributor from Saturday so now the light is off


Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan_M View Post
Hey, I know the feeling! But I was at woolys and it was covered in mud and it got all over us. Haha, did you use rubbing alcohol? Like the guy showed us
I'll remember to bring some or some WD-40 next time. In the mean time look and see if you can find a easy way to completely seal it

Hows that exhaust leak comming?
__________________
2003 White TJ Sport 4.0 5 speed D44 w/ Aussie Locker 3.73 tow pkg 3"BDS, 4"N20 Shocks 1.25bl 1.25mml Swaybarless-F&R 33x12.50r15
2001 customized Suzuki Intruder 1500 100hp Harley Killer
70 CJ5 Build
CMA_Rider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #95908
Jeeper
 
Commando Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaufman_95
Just called my dealer and told him to find me a kodiak brown explorer to test drive.
Why?
__________________
Will
Forest Green Pearl TJ
4.0L/ 5 speed/ Rampage Soft Top
3" SL/1.25" BL/1" MML
Warn Rear/ ARB full width front Bumper
33x11 Wrangler MTR Kevlar/16" Ultrastar rims
Engo 12k cable
Commando Solo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #95909
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando Solo

Why?
Trading the commander in ASAP
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #95910
Jeeper
 
Commando Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaufman_95

Trading the commander in ASAP
Does anyone in your family have good luck with cars? Haha

__________________
Will
Forest Green Pearl TJ
4.0L/ 5 speed/ Rampage Soft Top
3" SL/1.25" BL/1" MML
Warn Rear/ ARB full width front Bumper
33x11 Wrangler MTR Kevlar/16" Ultrastar rims
Engo 12k cable
Commando Solo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
jack is a big deal , kenny is the big deal. , let's make a deal... , no big deal , ryan is a bigger deal , ryans deal is bigger , ryans deal is stupid

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Multi-Quote Scout Off-Topic 27 02-16-2012 04:47 PM
06 tj high school build Drakea94 Builders Corner 66 08-20-2011 10:01 PM
SCHOOL 1977 vs. SCHOOL 2007 tazmann910 Off-Topic 13 12-17-2007 12:30 PM
Which Thread is that? nicolas-eric TJ General Discussion Forum 24 11-28-2007 08:04 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC