How old are you?? - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
Beachtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post

Well... Welcome...

I've done Vettes and bikes (Harleys and German) and Jeepers are a unique lot ...

Now go in dept on some mods...
Mods... don't know much about the Jeep specifics however need to learn as those giant black tires and half doors and flood lights are talking to me every time I see them!

Beachtime is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #32
Full Size Jeep Dr.

WF Supporting Member
 
lindel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The land of Salted Iron
Posts: 2,004
53 here, I've had Jeeps since 97, but this is the first Wrangler.

__________________
His: 1999 Flame Red TJ, With a few mods...

Hers: 1987 Grand Wagoneer, stock w/Falken Wildpeak ATs
lindel is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #33
Newb
 
MassholeRubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Shore, Mass
Posts: 3
Images: 20
32 no kids and wife drives a Civic (please hold your judgment). I am also a certified child passenger safety technician for 5 years and I know from experience that car seats are much easier to install without doors or a roof in the way! Jeep Wranglers are ideal for mothers! Vacate the van and jump up to a Jeep!
MassholeRubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
kshaws21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast Ga. Mountains
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassholeRubicon View Post
32 no kids and wife drives a Civic (please hold your judgment). I am also a certified child passenger safety technician for 5 years and I know from experience that car seats are much easier to install without doors or a roof in the way! Jeep Wranglers are ideal for mothers! Vacate the van and jump up to a Jeep!
Hey my DD is a VW Jetta Tdi (45mpg) so judgement will be held. I'm 43 one 22yr old son, one 19yr old daughter. My 98TJ is now my weekend toy. 1.5 yrs as a Jeep DD taught me in a hurry to get a different DD. Love it, but gas was killing me. Had a buddy letting his Jetta go for $800 so I jumped.
kshaws21 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
Scootsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Island
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshaws21 View Post

Hey my DD is a VW Jetta Tdi (45mpg) so judgement will be held. I'm 43 one 22yr old son, one 19yr old daughter. My 98TJ is now my weekend toy. 1.5 yrs as a Jeep DD taught me in a hurry to get a different DD. Love it, but gas was killing me. Had a buddy letting his Jetta go for $800 so I jumped.
The jeep was killing you in gas. My DD is a Chevy Dually 8.1L. The jeep saves me gas! BTW, I'm 43 too!
Scootsk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
Madden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 468
Images: 3
Send a message via Skype™ to Madden
Jeeze, you all make me feel so young. I'm only 19

Used to drive an 03 Hyundai Santa Fe then finally everything fell into place and managed to get my 06 TJ at a great price.
__________________
Madden is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
Senior Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A Secure, Undisclosed Area
Posts: 2,794
19? I have shoes that old...!
Senior Chief is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
Madden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 468
Images: 3
Send a message via Skype™ to Madden
Maybe it's time you invest in a new pair then
__________________
Madden is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #39
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5
I'm 26 yrs old, I have no kids. I have a 27 yr old boyfriend…this is my second jeep, and I got it last week 😄
Seretta is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
Sahara1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 73
42
Sahara1995 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
Radioman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 113
Almost 68... Do I win?

My wife and I enjoy 4-wheeling in the Sierras. We bought a new Land Cruiser (FJ40) in 1978 and a new Rubicon recently. Sold the FJ40 last year for more that I paid for it new.
Radioman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #42
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
LindaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 11,711
^ you already won with the Rubi
__________________
Helping make the world a better place - one wave at a time!
LindaB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #43
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
CyndiB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 1,036
I'm 62 and a grandmother. My lifted 90 YJ restores my sanity on the weekends. Weekdays I commute to work in a Mustang GT. My daughter and her husband and daughter just visited me from out of state, and the Jeep was the only vehicle we could get their car seat in. The baby (8 mos) was unfazed by the wind, noise and flapping of the top.
CyndiB is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #44
Jeeper
 
rkidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 93
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anautigirl View Post
I searched and I couldn't find a thread on this. I'm curious how old everyone is? I'm 35 with two kids (4 and 1) and have had my Jeep for a month. At first I thought it may look a little rediculious for a 30 something mom driving around in a lifted Jeep, but I just don't care what people think. Getting my Jeep made me realize you can never be too old to have fun.
Hello fellow Marylander. Westminster here. 45 years old. Owned jeeps since I was 16. Two kids 1-girl(24) 1- boy(23).
rkidd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 03:36 AM   #45
Newb
 
NEOJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
19. First jeep, 97 wrangler, love it so far in the 7 months I've had it. I love tinkering and its the best project vehicle ever made
NEOJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 04:33 AM   #46
Jeeper
 
ThatWhiteMachine101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 470
21, 04 TJ that's been in the family since it was new. step dad gave it to me before he passed, he loved it to death and now so do I. I'll never sell it, plan to give it to my kid one day.
__________________
2005 Patriot Blue TJ - Current love.
2004 Stone White TJ - Rest in Piece old girl.
ThatWhiteMachine101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #47
Jeeper
 
scipio337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by derfC View Post
You're a regular 'New World Man', aren't you

To answer the OP, I'm 41. My JKU has enough space to haul the whole family while still being one of the most 'fun' vehicles I've ever owned.
Yep, I'm guilty! I thought the description fit when I hit 40 a few months ago.

My 6 and 8 year olds love the Jeep, and the 18 year old wants to learn to drive a stick now. My only wish is that the back seat had a little more support in the middle.
scipio337 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #48
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
sfhock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Danbury CT
Posts: 41
Chronologically I'm 55. Mentally I'm somewhere in my late teens to early 20s. We have no kids but the wife says I'm all she can handle in that dept...
__________________
2013 JKU Sahara Dune /\ Dual Tops /\ 6 Speed Manual /\
Premium Sound /\ Basset Hound in Passenger Seat
sfhock is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #49
Jeeper
 
Mindlesschunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kansas City Missouri
Posts: 110
I'm 22, huge car guy, here's a list of the cars I've had so far, starting with the first , leading up to my jeep (which I love)
1. 2004 chevy cavalier
2. 2006 ford mustang
3. 2006 Cadillac srx
4. 2003 Suzuki gsxr 1000
5. 2001 nissan Xterra
6. 2007 suzuki forenza
7. 2003 infiniti g35
8. 2003 mercedes benz c230
9. 2006 suzuki gsxr 1000
10. 2002 Chevy avalanche
11. 1999 Chevy corvette c5
12. 2005 jeep wrangler X
Mindlesschunk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #50
Jeeper
 
JeepJitters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 32
38 twice divorced with 3 kids (20, 13 & 9) getting ready to get hitched again in August, hopefully for the last time! He bought an Unlimited last year and I bought mine last month. Wouldn't trade my Jeep for anything! Oh...and mine has a 2" lift
JeepJitters is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
4X4Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northern Detroit Burbs
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anautigirl View Post
I searched and I couldn't find a thread on this. I'm curious how old everyone is? I'm 35 with two kids (4 and 1) and have had my Jeep for a month. At first I thought it may look a little rediculious for a 30 something mom driving around in a lifted Jeep, but I just don't care what people think. Getting my Jeep made me realize you can never be too old to have fun.
I'll be turning 51 in September....YIKES! :-) Why would you think you would look ridiculous driving a Jeep? I don't care what anyone thinks about what I drive....I drive what I wanna drive and have lots of fun! Besides my Jeep, I also have a 2010 Plum Crazy Challenger that I LOVE driving! Yep, I'm a cool grandma
__________________
olllllo

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, White, 3.73RA with Black Accents, Bestop Trektop NX, 33X12.5X15 GY DuraTracs on MB TKO 15" matte black rims.
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic, Plum Crazy
4X4Lady is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
vikingshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NW Oklahoma
Posts: 66
47, divorced with 2 daughters (18 and 20). Just got my first Jeep last weekend. (2013 JKU) Wanted one way back when I was 16 - I even used to get the old government auction flyers that listed all the old jeeps they had for sale, lol! But, lack of money stopped me. Then got married, and got a car we could afford. Then when I could afford a better car, went with a 4 door with easy access for the kids (Explorer). Kept that thing for years - in fact, it's my youngest daughter's now, lol! So, last weekend, I decided I'm not married anymore, the kids can get in and out of the car on their own, I'm not getting any younger and I can somewhat afford it, lol, and just went for it.

Gotta say, my kids and I LOVE this jeep! I'm just waiting for the "I get more dates because of my Jeep" to kick in......
vikingshadow is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
Anautigirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Finksburg MD
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4Lady View Post

I'll be turning 51 in September....YIKES! :-) Why would you think you would look ridiculous driving a Jeep? I don't care what anyone thinks about what I drive....I drive what I wanna drive and have lots of fun! Besides my Jeep, I also have a 2010 Plum Crazy Challenger that I LOVE driving! Yep, I'm a cool grandma
The looks I get when I go to daycare from all the minivan moms are funny. I get the "why did you get rid of your SUV??" All the time. I tell them it is because I felt like a boring soccer mom- to get a dig in. Maybe it is the people around here that behave that way- or maybe they are jealous

My Jeep is fun- my Audi wasn't. I can take the top off on the summer, run crap over in the fall an spring and get out of my house in the winter. Don't know why I didn't get one sooner.
Anautigirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
Anautigirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Finksburg MD
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
47, divorced with 2 daughters (18 and 20). Just got my first Jeep last weekend. (2013 JKU) Wanted one way back when I was 16 - I even used to get the old government auction flyers that listed all the old jeeps they had for sale, lol! But, lack of money stopped me. Then got married, and got a car we could afford. Then when I could afford a better car, went with a 4 door with easy access for the kids (Explorer). Kept that thing for years - in fact, it's my youngest daughter's now, lol! So, last weekend, I decided I'm not married anymore, the kids can get in and out of the car on their own, I'm not getting any younger and I can somewhat afford it, lol, and just went for it.

Gotta say, my kids and I LOVE this jeep! I'm just waiting for the "I get more dates because of my Jeep" to kick in......
Lol. I saw that thread. Too funny but I'm sure it happens.
Anautigirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
NCJeepin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Connelly Springs, North Carolina
Posts: 3,780
19 here.
__________________
When in doubt, power out!
NCJeepin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #56
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Wranglin4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,553
27, no kids... yet
__________________
Take a look at my handmade custom paracord grab handles & other handmade paracord items!

You Choose the colors!!

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f37/par...es-236090.html
Wranglin4Life is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #57
Jeeper
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phoenix, Rattlesnake Country
Posts: 3,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anautigirl View Post
I searched and I couldn't find a thread on this. I'm curious how old everyone is? I'm 35 with two kids (4 and 1) and have had my Jeep for a month. At first I thought it may look a little rediculious for a 30 something mom driving around in a lifted Jeep, but I just don't care what people think. Getting my Jeep made me realize you can never be too old to have fun.
79 years old and now with OBAMA CARE being implemented, well I am just not confident that I will reach age 80.
My Doctor has already told me, that he wants no part of Obama Care. So now I don't even have a Doctor, really sad..................
Old Dogger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #58
Jeeper
 
kshaws21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast Ga. Mountains
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindlesschunk View Post
I'm 22, huge car guy, here's a list of the cars I've had so far, starting with the first , leading up to my jeep (which I love)
1. 2004 chevy cavalier
2. 2006 ford mustang
3. 2006 Cadillac srx
4. 2003 Suzuki gsxr 1000
5. 2001 nissan Xterra
6. 2007 suzuki forenza
7. 2003 infiniti g35
8. 2003 mercedes benz c230
9. 2006 suzuki gsxr 1000
10. 2002 Chevy avalanche
11. 1999 Chevy corvette c5
12. 2005 jeep wrangler X
22 and have had 12 vehicles already? Wow! I'm 43 and just now got my 12th a few months ago.
kshaws21 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #59
Jeeper
 
Scootsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Island
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshaws21 View Post

22 and have had 12 vehicles already? Wow! I'm 43 and just now got my 12th a few months ago.
43 on number 7 and the wrangler is 8.
Scootsk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
nobndry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lynchburg, VA/ Morgantown,WV
Posts: 1,078
...17... Youngest so far! What do I win?

__________________
2010 Wrangler 2dr Sport BLACK 6spd manual, 3.73 gears, 3" TF lift, 35"KM2

... See JKs do wave.
nobndry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC