How to check (and refill) your Blinker Fluid - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
This Space Available

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 21,874
How to check (and refill) your Blinker Fluid

I came across this on Youtube and thought I'd share:


Beastmaster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
SirGeorgeKillian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,282
Images: 2
Here is the stuff I run. A little pricy, but it is full synthetic. Works much better than OEM cap with my round LED rears!

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=22

__________________
Check out my videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TrailRatedCustoms/videos
SirGeorgeKillian is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
This Space Available

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 21,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGeorgeKillian View Post
Here is the stuff I run. A little pricy, but it is full synthetic. Works much better than OEM cap with my round LED rears!

Blinker Fluid - $18.95 : KaleCoAuto.com, Your home for the rare, unusual, and hard to find auto parts.


I see new threads coming:

Just bought a 2012 Sport and my blinkers aren't ticking, anyone else have this problem?

and

Blinker Fluid - Standard vs. Synthetic
Beastmaster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12

WF Supporting Member
 
GREEN-MACHINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF MASSACHUSETTS
Posts: 10,250
i can just see a bunch of new jeep owners drilling holes in their tail lights.
__________________

life is too short to be taken seriously all the time,,,, go buy a MR.potato head and have some fun.
GREEN-MACHINE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
This Space Available

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 21,874
Hopefully they will scroll down here and figure it out.
Beastmaster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12

WF Supporting Member
 
GREEN-MACHINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF MASSACHUSETTS
Posts: 10,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
Hopefully they will scroll down here and figure it out.
well lets see. we have post about jeepers that cant figure out how to turn the radio off, or how to turn the dome light off..... yeah i see a bunch of blinker fluid holes being drilled.
__________________

life is too short to be taken seriously all the time,,,, go buy a MR.potato head and have some fun.
GREEN-MACHINE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
SirGeorgeKillian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,282
Images: 2
This is almost as much fun as convincing the guys on the honda forum that holes drilled in the hood would greatly increase aerodynamics. Man, I often wonder how many crappy Hondas with gutted interiors, flat grey primer, and coffee can mufflers were running around after a hole saw got ahold of the hood. God bless speed holes....
__________________
Check out my videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TrailRatedCustoms/videos
SirGeorgeKillian is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 7,743
AHAHAHHAAAA. Well damn... I don't have bit the size of a straw. Home depot here I come for a new set of bits and maybe one of those rubber corks. He wouldn't lose blinker fluid if he corked the hole...
CrazyBull is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
whiteyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pleasanton CA
Posts: 4,857
__________________
Fallen Angel...Former MOD
whiteyj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 43
Face palm...
DJeepMyers is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12

WF Supporting Member
 
GREEN-MACHINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF MASSACHUSETTS
Posts: 10,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGeorgeKillian View Post
This is almost as much fun as convincing the guys on the honda forum that holes drilled in the hood would greatly increase aerodynamics. Man, I often wonder how many crappy Hondas with gutted interiors, flat grey primer, and coffee can mufflers were running around after a hole saw got ahold of the hood. God bless speed holes....
SPEED HOLES HERE YA GO.
__________________

life is too short to be taken seriously all the time,,,, go buy a MR.potato head and have some fun.
GREEN-MACHINE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 48
I just bought my 2000 TJ two weeks ago and I noticed a perfectly round hole on the top of the passenger rear brake light... I wonder if the previous owner saw this video!!!! :-)
iflylow74 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
iluvshoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,378
So funny story to share...to show how FAR I have come in the world of cars.

I got my first car when I was 18. 1983 Buick Skyhawk for $500. I get her home and my male roommate helps me by looking her over. Discovers the blinker on the driver side isn't working.

Me: How do I fix that?
MR: Pop the hood and let me take a look. (Pop the hood) Ah, here is the problem. You are out of blinker fluid.
Me: where do I get blinker fluid?
MR: Big Wheel Rossi, tell them the year, make and model of your car and they should be able to show you the correct fluid for your car.
Me: ok.

Few weeks later, I'm heading to party and I get pulled over, my first time getting pulled over. I'm scared. I was raised to have a very healthy respect to police officers.

Cop: do you know why I pulled you over
Me: no sir.
Cop: your blinker is broken
Me: (nervous and talking super-fast) I know, I just got this car a few weeks ago. I haven't had time to get blinker fluid. I work and go to school full time and I just haven't had the time to take care of it.
Cop: what?
Me: (blank stare at the cop…talking slower) I...I haven't had the time to get to the store to pick up the blinker fluid. I'm super sorry.
Cop: (staring at me) who told you about blinker fluid?
Me: my roommate. He looked under the hood and discovered that I was out.
Cop: (silent)
Me: (about to pee myself because I am thinking I'm going to jail)
Cop: (after a long while and what looks like he is trying to hold his temper) There is no such thing as blinker fluid. You need a new bulb. Just get it fixed.

1) was super happy I wasn't going to jail
2) was 50 shades of red from believing my dick of a roommate
3) the cop wasn't mad, he was trying to not laugh at my face once he discovered I was serious and not pulling his leg

So I have come a LONG way baby.
__________________
Julie
12 Sport Black (Mall Crawler) aka Fifty
02 X Yellow (Bar Crawler) aka Bumblebee
iluvshoes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 7,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkritzeck View Post
So funny story to share...to show how FAR I have come in the world of cars.

I got my first car when I was 18. 1983 Buick Skyhawk for $500. I get her home and my male roommate helps me by looking her over. Discovers the blinker on the driver side isn't working.

Me: How do I fix that?
MR: Pop the hood and let me take a look. (Pop the hood) Ah, here is the problem. You are out of blinker fluid.
Me: where do I get blinker fluid?
MR: Big Wheel Rossi, tell them the year, make and model of your car and they should be able to show you the correct fluid for your car.
Me: ok.

Few weeks later, I'm heading to party and I get pulled over, my first time getting pulled over. I'm scared. I was raised to have a very healthy respect to police officers.

Cop: do you know why I pulled you over
Me: no sir.
Cop: your blinker is broken
Me: (nervous and talking super-fast) I know, I just got this car a few weeks ago. I haven't had time to get blinker fluid. I work and go to school full time and I just haven't had the time to take care of it.
Cop: what?
Me: (blank stare at the cop…talking slower) I...I haven't had the time to get to the store to pick up the blinker fluid. I'm super sorry.
Cop: (staring at me) who told you about blinker fluid?
Me: my roommate. He looked under the hood and discovered that I was out.
Cop: (silent)
Me: (about to pee myself because I am thinking I'm going to jail)
Cop: (after a long while and what looks like he is trying to hold his temper) There is no such thing as blinker fluid. You need a new bulb. Just get it fixed.

1) was super happy I wasn't going to jail
2) was 50 shades of red from believing my dick of a roommate
3) the cop wasn't mad, he was trying to not laugh at my face once he discovered I was serious and not pulling his leg

So I have come a LONG way baby.
I... I SALUTE YOU for .... damn, have no words. For having the balls to admit that, and for a wonderful gutbusting laugh. Totally awesome!
CrazyBull is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
iluvshoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainynite View Post
I... I SALUTE YOU for .... damn, have no words. For having the balls to admit that, and for a wonderful gutbusting laugh. Totally awesome!
If you can't see lessons and humor in the mistakes you made, then you aren't learning and growing as a person. I do a lot of stupid stuff...the key is to not repeat those mistakes.
__________________
Julie
12 Sport Black (Mall Crawler) aka Fifty
02 X Yellow (Bar Crawler) aka Bumblebee
iluvshoes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #16
This Space Available

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 21,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkritzeck View Post
If you can't see lessons and humor in the mistakes you made, then you aren't learning and growing as a person. I do a lot of stupid stuff...the key is to not repeat those mistakes.
What do you mean there's no such thing as blinker fluid?

If it's on the internet it has to be real (just like talking dogs that like bacon)


Beastmaster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
JeepinDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sandpoint, North Idaho
Posts: 183
It's next to the elbow grease and the board stretcher LOL

__________________
Not tonight Joey, we'll get em another night.
JeepinDad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
blinker fluid , funny , joke

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC