Late Night Day Walkers - Enter at Your Own Risk - Page 5067 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #151981
Jeeper
 
JKralph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KCK
Posts: 10,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1
I think I've decided on an XJ, for my son's first car. Thoughts?


Additionally:

JKralph is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #151982
Jeeper
 
backwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chico,CA
Posts: 9,478
Did I hear someone say BEER!!

backwards is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #151983
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
JakePurvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwards View Post
Did I hear someone say BEER!!
No.
JakePurvis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #151984
Jeeper
 
backwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chico,CA
Posts: 9,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post
Imma have a beer or three, when I get home. For now, this'll hafta do.

Attachment 240119
You lying little unicorn
backwards is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #151985
Jeeper
 
Dewstr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 7,180
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKralph View Post



Additionally:
Yeah? I figure he'd act A LITTLE less of a nut in it, and we could build it together. He LOVES and wants my jeep, but that ain't happenin. He'll be 13 in July, so I have time to find a cheap one that needs work, and get it fixed before turnin him loose.
Dewstr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #151986
Jeeper
 
Dewstr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 7,180
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwards View Post
Did I hear someone say BEER!!
Beer? I'll have one!
Dewstr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #151987
Jeeper
 
Dewstr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 7,180
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwards View Post
You lying little unicorn
I don't call it a horn, but I guess.....never mind.
Dewstr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #151988
Jeeper
 
backwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chico,CA
Posts: 9,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post
Yeah? I figure he'd act A LITTLE less of a nut in it, and we could build it together. He LOVES and wants my jeep, but that ain't happenin. He'll be 13 in July, so I have time to find a cheap one that needs work, and get it fixed before turnin him loose.
That's what happened to my first YJ. My son was lusting over it, so I sold it to him really, really cheap.Then I had to get another
backwards is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #151989
Jeeper
 
n00g7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern VT // Western Wisconsin
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post
I think I've decided on an XJ, for my son's first car. Thoughts?

Why don't you let him pick? Or create his own forum account so you don't have to filter our advice?
n00g7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #151990
Jeeper
 
Dewstr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 7,180
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00g7 View Post

Why don't you let him pick? Or create his own forum account so you don't have to filter our advice?
Well, I know he wants a jeep.....I figure a mildly built XJ would be plenty, for a first timer....plus, it'll be comin outta MY bank account. We made a deal.....I'll buy his first, and pay insurance on it, but HE hasta pay for the gas.
Dewstr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #151991
Jeeper
 
Melodiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winnipeg,MB
Posts: 8,295
Images: 4
At the mall. See shirt with flying pig and one with a panda. Havé to buy both.
Melodiii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #151992
Jeeper
 
Dewstr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 7,180
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodiii View Post
At the mall. See shirt with flying pig and one with a panda. Havé to buy both.
Why? Lol!
Dewstr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #151993
Jeeper
 
Melodiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winnipeg,MB
Posts: 8,295
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post

Why? Lol!
Cause they are both cool species lol
Melodiii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #151994
Jeeper
 
n00g7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern VT // Western Wisconsin
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post
Well, I know he wants a jeep.....I figure a mildly built XJ would be plenty, for a first timer....plus, it'll be comin outta MY bank account. We made a deal.....I'll buy his first, and pay insurance on it, but HE hasta pay for the gas.
Are you giving him the allowance for the gas .

One thing that happens with getting something like that with piss poor gas mileage, is that he'll always be bitching about not being able to go somewhere cause it costs too much.

4 runner or taco is the way to go.
n00g7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #151995
Jeeper
 
Dewstr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 7,180
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00g7 View Post

Are you giving him the allowance for the gas .

One thing that happens with getting something like that with piss poor gas mileage, is that he'll always be bitching about not being able to go somewhere cause it costs too much.

4 runner or taco is the way to go.
Neither of those is a jeep. He will be working for gas money. No work, no gas.....NO BUM!
Dewstr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #151996
Jeeper
 
n00g7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern VT // Western Wisconsin
Posts: 1,705
I make pretty good change, and filling up the jeep EVERY week (only drive 200mi), which is $60+, sucks. In highschool, I would have died. That's like 12 hours at min wage after tax.
n00g7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #151997
Jeeper
 
Dewstr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 7,180
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00g7 View Post
I make pretty good change, and filling up the jeep EVERY week (only drive 200mi), which is $60+, sucks. In highschool, I would have died. That's like 12 hours at min wage after tax.
Yeah, but where is a 16 year old going? This is a lesson in responsibility.
Dewstr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #151998
EMS - It's a way of life.

WF Supporting Member
 
silver rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midlothian, Virginia
Posts: 19,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurEatsBrains View Post
Hi y'all!!!
Hi beautiful !
silver rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #151999
Jeeper
 
n00g7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern VT // Western Wisconsin
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post
Yeah, but where is a 16 year old going? This is a lesson in responsibility.
Everywhere. (1) He has a car. (2) He has a car that will fit his friends. (3) Women.
n00g7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #152000
Jeeper
 
Dewstr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 7,180
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00g7 View Post

Everywhere. (1) He has a car. (2) He has a car that will fit his friends. (3) Women.
1 and 3 require the responsibility that I am teaching him. Friends can chip in, or walk.
Dewstr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #152001
Jeeper
 
n00g7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern VT // Western Wisconsin
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post
1 and 3 require the responsibility that I am teaching him. Friends can chop in, or walk.

I'm 25 and thus only 9 years removed from his situation. An XJ would have been a disaster and produced at least 5 children from different, but equally easy cheerleaders. Luckily I only had an acura integra, which allowed for only 1 child from among the different, but equally easy cheerleaders. Everyone knows she can't get pregnant on top and there's no other way to do it in the front seat of an import.
n00g7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #152002
Jeeper
 
JKralph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KCK
Posts: 10,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1

Yeah? I figure he'd act A LITTLE less of a nut in it, and we could build it together. He LOVES and wants my jeep, but that ain't happenin. He'll be 13 in July, so I have time to find a cheap one that needs work, and get it fixed before turnin him loose.
Yeah! If he's into jeeps and offroading and working on vehicles and all that, then that's the way to go. Yeah, gas mileage will not be the greatest, but that's why he has friends with econoboxes. I spose you could ask him if the trade off is worth it to him (ie getting an xj over, say, a civic), but i suspect it would be worth it to him, with the way he ogles over your jeep
JKralph is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #152003
Jeeper
 
Dewstr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 7,180
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKralph View Post

Yeah! If he's into jeeps and offroading and working on vehicles and all that, then that's the way to go. Yeah, gas mileage will not be the greatest, but that's why he has friends with econoboxes. I spose you could ask him if the trade off is worth it to him (ie getting an xj over, say, a civic), but i suspect it would be worth it to him, with the way he ogles over your jeep
He totally ogles! I mentioned it to him, already.....he has been showin me pics, ever since.
Dewstr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #152004
Jeeper
 
Dewstr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 7,180
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00g7 View Post

I'm 25 and thus only 9 years removed from his situation. An XJ would have been a disaster and produced at least 5 children from different, but equally easy cheerleaders. Luckily I only had an acura integra, which allowed for only 1 child from among the different, but equally easy cheerleaders. Everyone knows she can't get pregnant on top and there's no other way to do it in the front seat of an import.
Well, I pray he gets my "old fashioned" ways, when it comes to women.....regardless of what he drives.
Dewstr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #152005
Jeeper
 
n00g7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern VT // Western Wisconsin
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post
Well, I pray he gets my "old fashioned" ways, when it comes to women.....regardless of what he drives.

That's no fun!
n00g7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #152006
Jeeper
 
Dewstr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 7,180
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00g7 View Post

That's no fun!
Note to self: Block n00g7 when my son gets a WF acct. lol!
Dewstr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #152007
Jeeper
 
n00g7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern VT // Western Wisconsin
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post
Note to self: Block n00g7 when my son gets a WF acct. lol!

I wouldn't encourage him to do anything I wouldn't do, and I ended up OK.
n00g7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #152008
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post

Note to self: Block n00g7 when my son gets a WF acct. lol!
Lol why would you do that? He seems like a pretty good guy. Now your block list should be
Tom
Tom
Phil
Ralph
Dewy
Screw it. Everyone that frequents this thread lol
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #152009
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 7,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post
I think I've decided on an XJ, for my son's first car. Thoughts?
You're obviously insane taking on being double bankrupt.
CrazyBull is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #152010
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainynite View Post
You're obviously insane taking on being double bankrupt.
Lol

__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
!jen still rocks , !keymo's still watching , !keymoseezuall , !missing you! , ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) guns! , ( . ) ( . ) , don't eat the brown acid , don't watch-participate! , emmersomes , hookers and blow , inwinity , jeep.chick investigations , let your freak flag fly , mmm muffins , never gone , protection required , so late it's early , up the republic , ^i miss cookies

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Too late for spare. GREEN-MACHINE JK General Discussion Forum 62 05-30-2011 06:34 AM
Happy Halloween, a little late Captnrich General Jeep Discussion 2 11-04-2010 11:29 AM
Is it to late to Lift?? anmllvr720 YJ General Discussion Forum 10 05-23-2009 11:01 AM
RIP: Late Night With Conan O'Brien AzTJ Off-Topic 1 02-21-2009 02:09 AM
Late 70's early 80's CJ ExDementia CJ General Discussion Forum 1 08-11-2008 07:20 AM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC