Late Night Day Walkers - Enter at Your Own Risk - Page 5375 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #161221
Jeeper
 
JCrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Newburgh, NY
Posts: 4,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbas94yj View Post
Morning Donnie
Right, what's up with a spy??
Who's spying on who?

JCrush is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #161222
Jeeper
 
mackdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tropical Nova Scotia
Posts: 33,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbas94yj View Post

Morning Donnie
Right, what's up with a spy??
Dunno
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrush View Post

Who's spying on who?
morning Jen

mackdj1 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #161223
Jeeper
 
JCrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Newburgh, NY
Posts: 4,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdj1 View Post
Dunno


morning Jen
How are ya?
JCrush is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #161224
Jeeper
 
Keymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbas94yj View Post

Thanks bro, been better. Got a lot going on... But I'm good. Things will quiet down shortly.
How are you?
Oh man... Sorry if you've been stressed out or something... Hopefully things get better for you outside of work as well!

I'm alright. No complaints right now. Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdj1 View Post
We have a spy???

Morning Aaron
its more of a joke than anything.
__________________
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Keymo is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #161225
Jeeper
 
Bubbas94yj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ohio
Posts: 8,035
Morning Jen. Idk anything about a spy... What'd I miss this past week?
__________________
Hick life
Bubbas94yj is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #161226
Jeeper
 
Keymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrush View Post

Who's spying on who?
Good morning!

I might. But I was mainly just joking about it. Haha!
__________________
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Keymo is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #161227
Jeeper
 
Bubbas94yj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ohio
Posts: 8,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keymo View Post

Oh man... Sorry if you've been stressed out or something... Hopefully things get better for you outside of work as well!

I'm alright. No complaints right now. Haha!

its more of a joke than anything.
Yeah been a lot of stress lately. But I'm good bro.
__________________
Hick life
Bubbas94yj is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #161228
Jeeper
 
Keymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbas94yj View Post

Yeah been a lot of stress lately. But I'm good bro.
Eliminate the stressors!! Haha! But seriously - hope it gets better!
__________________
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Keymo is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #161229
Jeeper
 
mackdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tropical Nova Scotia
Posts: 33,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrush View Post
How are ya?
Meh...getting better thanks. You getting excited??
mackdj1 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #161230
Jeeper
 
Keymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,966
.... And I'm out! Gotta get this biz taken care of. Talk to y'all later!
__________________
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Keymo is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #161231
Jeeper
 
Bubbas94yj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ohio
Posts: 8,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keymo View Post

Eliminate the stressors!! Haha! But seriously - hope it gets better!
Yeah, I'm working in that lol
__________________
Hick life
Bubbas94yj is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #161232
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scappoose
Posts: 11,155
I'm back!! Put my radio in last week. Albuquerque NM and surrounding
__________________
“My Stapler is a Swingline.”

-Milton Waddams
mckey73 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #161233
Krew Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 20,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKralph View Post

I'm a little late on this reply (sorryyyyyyy), but i agree with Ronnie. The factory soft top design does it best IMO. It doesn't LOOK as cool as a trektop admittedly, but it seals out the elements better, doesn't require constant (or really any) adjustments once installed, it's durable, and cheaper.
I can't find it cheaper. She is going trektop frameless for the summer
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #161234
Jeeper
 
Keymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,966
Wow! Only a few posts since I left?? Haha!

Gotta go back in an hour or so to actually meet with my doctor... I don't understand why they didn't schedule the meeting right after my tests like they normally do..?
__________________
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Keymo is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #161235
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scappoose
Posts: 11,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keymo View Post
Wow! Only a few posts since I left?? Haha!

Gotta go back in an hour or so to actually meet with my doctor... I don't understand why they didn't schedule the meeting right after my tests like they normally do..?
Prolly because he is busy.
__________________
“My Stapler is a Swingline.”

-Milton Waddams
mckey73 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #161236
Jeeper
 
Keymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey73 View Post

Prolly because he is busy.
Haha! Probably. I'm just p!ssed I have to go back again. Haha! Wish he would just call me with the results or something.

Was tuning you CB easy? I've tried tuning the one in my J-truck but so far I can't pick up anything - though I suppose I haven't tried very hard... Haha!
__________________
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Keymo is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #161237
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scappoose
Posts: 11,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keymo View Post
Haha! Probably. I'm just p!ssed I have to go back again. Haha! Wish he would just call me with the results or something.

Was tuning you CB easy? I've tried tuning the one in my J-truck but so far I can't pick up anything - though I suppose I haven't tried very hard... Haha!
How are you tuning it? Do you have a truckstop or something nearby?

edit: How far are you from Walcott?
__________________
“My Stapler is a Swingline.”

-Milton Waddams
mckey73 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #161238
Jeeper
 
Keymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey73 View Post

How are you tuning it? Do you have a truckstop or something nearby?

edit: How far are you from Walcott?
Umm... There's one not too far up the interstate... But I won't be making any trips in it until I get her weatherstripping all finished...

I don't know where walcott is.. Haha! I'll have to look it up!
__________________
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Keymo is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #161239
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scappoose
Posts: 11,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keymo View Post
Umm... There's one not too far up the interstate... But I won't be making any trips in it until I get her weatherstripping all finished...

I don't know where walcott is.. Haha! I'll have to look it up!
The famous I-80 truckstop. Are you using an SWR meter? What kind of radio is it? If it's way out you can damage the radio trying to transmit.
__________________
“My Stapler is a Swingline.”

-Milton Waddams
mckey73 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #161240
Jeeper
 
Keymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,966
Walcott is actually quite a ways away from me. I know of a truckstop about 30mins from where I live though. The boondocks.
__________________
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Keymo is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #161241
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scappoose
Posts: 11,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keymo View Post
Walcott is actually quite a ways away from me. I know of a truckstop about 30mins from where I live though. The boondocks.
If they have a cb shop you are set. If not, take a roadtrip to Walcott. Or when you get serious call me, you have my number.
__________________
“My Stapler is a Swingline.”

-Milton Waddams
mckey73 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #161242
Jeeper
 
Keymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey73 View Post

The famous I-80 truckstop. Are you using an SWR meter? What kind of radio is it? If it's way out you can damage the radio trying to transmit.
Word. I didn't know that, that was the town. I've only diven by it. Haha!

Hmm... Well, hopefully I didn't damage it! I don't have a swr meter on hand but I used my Dads shortly after getting the truck and THOUGHT I got the antenna tuned right... Does moving the antenna when not using the CB screw.things up? I had it originally on the top of the cab but kept hitting stuff so I currently have I magnetized to the front inside of the bed pointing towards the rear temporarily. I haven't tried to use the CB with it down though..
__________________
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Keymo is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #161243
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scappoose
Posts: 11,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keymo View Post
Word. I didn't know that, that was the town. I've only diven by it. Haha!

Hmm... Well, hopefully I didn't damage it! I don't have a swr meter on hand but I used my Dads shortly after getting the truck and THOUGHT I got the antenna tuned right... Does moving the antenna when not using the CB screw.things up? I had it originally on the top of the cab but kept hitting stuff so I currently have I magnetized to the front inside of the bed pointing towards the rear temporarily. I haven't tried to use the CB with it down though..
Any time you move the aentenna you will have to retune it. If it's horizontal I doubt you would be able to tune it. If you move the aentenna and don't use the radio you are okay. If you have channels 1 and 40 matched on the swr meter you should be fine.
__________________
“My Stapler is a Swingline.”

-Milton Waddams
mckey73 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #161244
Jeeper
 
Keymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey73 View Post
Any time you move the aentenna you will have to retune it. If it's horizontal I doubt you would be able to tune it. If you move the aentenna and don't use the radio you are okay. If you have channels 1 and 40 matched on the swr meter you should be fine.
So when I move it, and then put it back in the same place I would still need to retune it?

Oh yeah! I never planned on using it while the antenna is down - i know it wouldn't work - or at least wouldn't work properly. The PO must've had the antenna sat up on top of the cab for a LONG time because there's a well defined mark on top of the cab that it originally sat at...

Maybe I should be trying to find a different (more permanent) antenna location...
__________________
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Keymo is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #161245
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scappoose
Posts: 11,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keymo View Post
So when I move it, and then put it back in the same place I would still need to retune it?

Oh yeah! I never planned on using it while the antenna is down - i know it wouldn't work - or at least wouldn't work properly. The PO must've had the antenna sat up on top of the cab for a LONG time because there's a well defined mark on top of the cab that it originally sat at...

Maybe I should be trying to find a different (more permanent) antenna location...
The middle of the roof is the best place on a pickup. I've never had good luck with magnets, maybe I drive too fast?? If you put the antenna back in the same spot you shouldn't need to retune it. What brand/model is the radio?
__________________
“My Stapler is a Swingline.”

-Milton Waddams
mckey73 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #161246
Jeeper
 
Keymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey73 View Post
The middle of the roof is the best place on a pickup. I've never had good luck with magnets, maybe I drive too fast?? If you put the antenna back in the same spot you shouldn't need to retune it. What brand/model is the radio?
Yeah, it kept hitting stuff and falling down so that's why I just put it in the bed... The driving too fast thing is weird - but understandable, I suppose. Haha! The PO did, indeed, have it "mounted" in the middle of the roof - so there's a positive!

It's a Uniden PC68XL.
__________________
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Keymo is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #161247
Krew Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 20,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey73 View Post

The famous I-80 truckstop. Are you using an SWR meter? What kind of radio is it? If it's way out you can damage the radio trying to transmit.
Thought if the radio had its own gauge/meter built in and it wasn't tuned properly it could damage it. My cobra dx19 from my readings can not be damaged that way because it has not meter
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #161248
Jeeper
 
Keymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,966
I don't know if this helps or not...

The PC68XL offers you front mic access, Dynamic Squelch Control (DSC), a new rugged mic, 40 Channels, an S/RF meter, and a channel indicator. Also included is a channel selector, a TX/RX indicator, instant channel 9, RF gain control, a PA mode and mic gain control.
__________________
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Keymo is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #161249
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scappoose
Posts: 11,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keymo View Post
Yeah, it kept hitting stuff and falling down so that's why I just put it in the bed... The driving too fast thing is weird - but understandable, I suppose. Haha! The PO did, indeed, have it "mounted" in the middle of the roof - so there's a positive!

It's a Uniden PC68XL.
If you are gonna wheel your truck I'd recommend a hood/fender mount. That's a decent radio, shouldn't be anything wrong with it unless it has gotten wet.
__________________
“My Stapler is a Swingline.”

-Milton Waddams
mckey73 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #161250
Krew Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 20,356
And jay I could be completely wrong. I'm not saying you are. It's more of a question to you. I am not a radio man

__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote
Reply

Tags
!jen still rocks , !keymo's still watching , !keymoseezuall , !missing you! , ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) guns! , ( . ) ( . ) , don't eat the brown acid , don't watch-participate! , emmersomes , hookers and blow , inwinity , jeep.chick investigations , let your freak flag fly , never gone , so late it's early , up the republic , where the cookies at? , ^i miss cookies

« Keep one, Take one | - »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Too late for spare. GREEN-MACHINE JK General Discussion Forum 62 05-30-2011 07:34 AM
Happy Halloween, a little late Captnrich General Jeep Discussion 2 11-04-2010 12:29 PM
Is it to late to Lift?? anmllvr720 YJ General Discussion Forum 10 05-23-2009 12:01 PM
RIP: Late Night With Conan O'Brien AzTJ Off-Topic 1 02-21-2009 03:09 AM
Late 70's early 80's CJ ExDementia CJ General Discussion Forum 1 08-11-2008 08:20 AM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC