Late Night Day Walkers - Enter at Your Own Risk - Page 5472 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #164131
Jeeper
 
JKralph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KCK
Posts: 10,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdj1
Evening Mel

I'm an idiot so when its time to pull the trigger i'll probably do it myself.

I'm also cheap lol
You can definitely do it yourself, it just requires some specialized tools you might never use again and it is very tedious from what i understand, but definitely doable. I believe jeepherz and her husband regeared her jeep themselves, which i'm impressed by.

This guy that's going to do the install just happened to give me great labor rates and he's the best around, so i deferred to him.

JKralph is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #164132
Jeeper
 
mackdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tropical Nova Scotia
Posts: 30,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKralph View Post

You can definitely do it yourself, it just requires some specialized tools you might never use again and it is very tedious from what i understand, but definitely doable. I believe jeepherz and her husband regeared her jeep themselves, which i'm impressed by.

This guy that's going to do the install just happened to give me great labor rates and he's the best around, so i deferred to him.
Nothin wrong with that.

__________________


-----Donnie---


Do not argue with and idiot......he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!
mackdj1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #164133
Jeeper
 
PhotoWrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston MetroMess
Posts: 2,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdj1 View Post
Nice! Is it bluetooth capable?
Yup.

Touch screen, BT, back up camera capable, apps, DVD, streaming... and best of all - a detachable faceplate!!

And with your iPhone connected, I think it acts as a nav unit too with a certain app.

JVC Mobile Entertainment \ 2-DIN AV Receiver - KW-AV61BT \ Introduction
__________________
K9CCH
2014 | wrangler sport jk
"Opinions are low cost commodities, and everyone is equipped with one..."
PhotoWrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #164134
Jeeper
 
JKralph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KCK
Posts: 10,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdj1

Nothin wrong with that.
My real concern was i wouldn't get finished over the course of a weekend and then be without a vehicle since the jeep is my dd.

What would you consider putting in your diffs?
JKralph is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #164135
Jeeper
 
mackdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tropical Nova Scotia
Posts: 30,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoWrangler View Post

Yup.

Touch screen, BT, back up camera capable, apps, DVD, streaming... and best of all - a detachable faceplate!!

And with your iPhone connected, I think it acts as a nav unit too with a certain app.

JVC Mobile Entertainment \ 2-DIN AV Receiver - KW-AV61BT \ Introduction
Nice unit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKralph View Post

My real concern was i wouldn't get finished over the course of a weekend and then be without a vehicle since the jeep is my dd.

What would you consider putting in your diffs?
Same as you. Looking at 4.88's with lockers. Not sure which lockers i'll ho with.
__________________


-----Donnie---


Do not argue with and idiot......he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!
mackdj1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #164136
Jeeper
 
JKralph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KCK
Posts: 10,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdj1 View Post
Same as you. Looking at 4.88's with lockers. Not sure which lockers i'll ho with.
deciding on the lockers takes the most time, for sure.

JKralph is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #164137
Jeeper
 
Raiderfan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Knob Noster, MO
Posts: 7,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbostixxx View Post
Cheaper to go with where you find it online, but yes, I can make it
It's $170 on the Mopar site
Raiderfan001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #164138
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Turbostixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19,713
Definitely the head gasket. Grrr
__________________
_______
/l
,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

1997 Wrangler SE:4" Lift; 33x11x16; Q9000 Winch
Turbostixxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #164139
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 7,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbostixxx View Post
Definitely the head gasket. Grrr
You'd think you would be happy she's blowing your head gasket.
CrazyBull is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #164140
Jeeper
 
Larry7732's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arkansas..
Posts: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post
Damn....that's too far. It'd have to be some good ass popcorn.

you still coming to superlift this weekend
__________________



Give me Jeeping or give me death.... take a ride in a jeep topless and doorless there is NO better feeling on the road.
Larry7732 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #164141
Jeeper
 
Jeep_Gypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tightwad, Mo
Posts: 2,333
Images: 3
Howdy y'alls!
__________________
Jeeps, like fidgety little time bombs...
Jeep_Gypsy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #164142
Jeeper
 
Supercop260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,062
What's up
Supercop260 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #164143
Jeeper
 
JKralph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KCK
Posts: 10,838
Lukus, Ronnie, how are you fellas doin?
JKralph is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #164144
Jeeper
 
Supercop260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKralph View Post
Lukus, Ronnie, how are you fellas doin?
Hey dude, haven't seen you on in a while.

I'm currently slamming my head into the table repeatedly trying to figure out what bumpers to go with. I was gonna go with a used set of ARB full width front/rear, but the guy is over 7hrs away.

Right now I'm thinking Poison Spyder stubby...
Supercop260 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #164145
Jeeper
 
Dewstr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 7,180
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry7732 View Post

you still coming to superlift this weekend
Negative......baby due in 5 weeks, and the dr scared wifey. Shits gettin real. I'm disappointed, but momma wants me close, JUST IN CASE.
Dewstr1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #164146
Jeeper
 
Larry7732's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arkansas..
Posts: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post
Negative......baby due in 5 weeks, and the dr scared wifey. Shits gettin real. I'm disappointed, but momma wants me close, JUST IN CASE.

I understand that... good luck.

sent you a pm... never mind... but if you get up this way after baby holler and I will meet you there
__________________



Give me Jeeping or give me death.... take a ride in a jeep topless and doorless there is NO better feeling on the road.
Larry7732 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #164147
Jeeper
 
Larry7732's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arkansas..
Posts: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop260 View Post
Hey dude, haven't seen you on in a while.

I'm currently slamming my head into the table repeatedly trying to figure out what bumpers to go with. I was gonna go with a used set of ARB full width front/rear, but the guy is over 7hrs away.

Right now I'm thinking Poison Spyder stubby...
not to confuse you more by have you looked a warn and/or wild boar...

wild boar is $$$ but cool looking
__________________



Give me Jeeping or give me death.... take a ride in a jeep topless and doorless there is NO better feeling on the road.
Larry7732 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #164148
Jeeper
 
JKralph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KCK
Posts: 10,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop260 View Post
Hey dude, haven't seen you on in a while.

I'm currently slamming my head into the table repeatedly trying to figure out what bumpers to go with. I was gonna go with a used set of ARB full width front/rear, but the guy is over 7hrs away.

Right now I'm thinking Poison Spyder stubby...
right? stupid real life demanding my attention

7hrs is purdy far, are they cheap enough to make it feasible?

Those PS bumpers are swanky I particularly like those rear high clearance bumpers. No nonsense, sleek, functional, increases departure angle, you get to cut up your frame a bit, what's not to like?
JKralph is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #164149
Jeeper
 
Supercop260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstr1 View Post
Negative......baby due in 5 weeks, and the dr scared wifey. Shits gettin real. I'm disappointed, but momma wants me close, JUST IN CASE.
That's the position I was in for a few months. Sorry dude...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry7732 View Post
not to confuse you more by have you looked a warn and/or wild boar...

wild boar is $$$ but cool looking
I've looked at just about everyone...even considered custom builds. I haven't looked at Wild Boar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKralph View Post
right? stupid real life demanding my attention

7hrs is purdy far, are they cheap enough to make it feasible?

Those PS bumpers are swanky I particularly like those rear high clearance bumpers. No nonsense, sleek, functional, increases departure angle, you get to cut up your frame a bit, what's not to like?
After the cost and adding in all the driving expenses, not really.

I didn't know about the cutting the frame part. From what I've read, everything bolts right up.
Supercop260 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #164150
Jeeper
 
Jeep_Gypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tightwad, Mo
Posts: 2,333
Images: 3
All you guys buying bumpers, making me jealous and I'm just sitting here wondering if I've got enough spare metal to make my smittybilt classic front into something worthwhile.
__________________
Jeeps, like fidgety little time bombs...
Jeep_Gypsy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #164151
Jeeper
 
JKralph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KCK
Posts: 10,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop260 View Post
After the cost and adding in all the driving expenses, not really.

I didn't know about the cutting the frame part. From what I've read, everything bolts right up.
all but one bolts right up, the BFH one requires you to cut off the excess fame horns in the rear and maybe even the aftmost crossmember. totally worth it. see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Gypsy View Post
All you guys buying bumpers, making me jealous and I'm just sitting here wondering if I've got enough spare metal to make my smittybilt classic front into something worthwhile.
I need to hurry up and learn how to weld. I want to ditch the rear bumper, trim down the horns, and weld up some plate steel over the left overs. The jk looks pretty good without a rear bumper IMO.

then again, day to day driving with stupid people on the roads might convince me to put something heftier back there.



PS BFH
JKralph is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #164152
Jeeper
 
Supercop260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Gypsy View Post
All you guys buying bumpers, making me jealous and I'm just sitting here wondering if I've got enough spare metal to make my smittybilt classic front into something worthwhile.
I don't have the time, talent or equipment to make anything myself. We have a couple vendors that sponsor the club that make custom stuff but it's pretty basic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKralph View Post
all but one bolts right up, the BFH one requires you to cut off the excess fame horns in the rear and maybe even the aftmost crossmember. totally worth it. see below

I need to hurry up and learn how to weld. I want to ditch the rear bumper, trim down the horns, and weld up some plate steel over the left overs. The jk looks pretty good without a rear bumper IMO.

then again, day to day driving with stupid people on the roads might convince me to put something heftier back there.

PS BFH
I'm looking at the PS RockBrawler. The 2nd gen has it's own hitch opening but isn't recommended for towing...only recovery. Since I already have the factory hitch, that would be unneeded.
Supercop260 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #164153
Jeeper
 
2004 lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17,242
Goodmorning...how is everyone?
__________________
Yes it is a rubicon
2004 lj is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 11:39 PM   #164154
Jeeper
 
Supercop260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 lj View Post
Goodmorning...how is everyone?
Hey dude...

I have a dilemma...when I had no $ for bumpers, I knew exactly what I wanted. Now that I have the $$...I don't know what I want!!
Supercop260 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #164155
Jeeper
 
2004 lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop260 View Post

Hey dude...

I have a dilemma...when I had no $ for bumpers, I knew exactly what I wanted. Now that I have the $$...I don't know what I want!!
Ain't that the way it always goes?...that's all I need is bumpers and a winch. And my rig will be good to go . But no money right now. Lmao
__________________
Yes it is a rubicon
2004 lj is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #164156
Jeeper
 
Supercop260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 lj View Post
Ain't that the way it always goes?...that's all I need is bumpers and a winch. And my rig will be good to go . But no money right now. Lmao
It is...

I've been waiting to swap bumpers since I got it over 2 years ago, but now that I'm able to do it, it's like I have an anxiety over which one to go with. I keep coming back to the Poison Spyder stubby. I manage to find one or two details I don't like about EVERY bumper...

What's up on your end?
Supercop260 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #164157
Jeeper
 
2004 lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop260 View Post

It is...

I've been waiting to swap bumpers since I got it over 2 years ago, but now that I'm able to do it, it's like I have an anxiety over which one to go with. I keep coming back to the Poison Spyder stubby. I manage to find one or two details I don't like about EVERY bumper...

What's up on your end?
Putting in as many hours as I can..daughters graduation. Anothers birthday. Wife not working...ya da ya da ya da...same old shit
__________________
Yes it is a rubicon
2004 lj is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #164158
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: La La Land
Posts: 9,744
Hey guys! I like the topics tonight, gears, bumpers, working too much!!
__________________
“Animals don't hate, and we're supposed to be better than them.”

-Elvis Presley
mckey73 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #164159
Jeeper
 
PhotoWrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston MetroMess
Posts: 2,448
__________________
K9CCH
2014 | wrangler sport jk
"Opinions are low cost commodities, and everyone is equipped with one..."
PhotoWrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 12:16 AM   #164160
Jeeper
 
Melodiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winnipeg,MB
Posts: 8,337
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoWrangler View Post
I was looking at that the other day with co workers... It's crazy. There's even a real life ken! Lol

Melodiii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
!jen still rocks , !keymo's still watching , !keymoseezuall , !missing you! , ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) guns! , ( . ) ( . ) , don't eat the brown acid , don't watch-participate! , emmersomes , hookers and blow , inwinity , jeep.chick investigations , let your freak flag fly , mmm muffins , never gone , protection required , so late it's early , up the republic , ^i miss cookies

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



« Keep one, Take one | - »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Too late for spare. GREEN-MACHINE JK General Discussion Forum 62 05-30-2011 06:34 AM
Happy Halloween, a little late Captnrich General Jeep Discussion 2 11-04-2010 11:29 AM
Is it to late to Lift?? anmllvr720 YJ General Discussion Forum 10 05-23-2009 11:01 AM
RIP: Late Night With Conan O'Brien AzTJ Off-Topic 1 02-21-2009 02:09 AM
Late 70's early 80's CJ ExDementia CJ General Discussion Forum 1 08-11-2008 07:20 AM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC