my jeep gets me dates - Page 2833 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-06-2013, 02:33 AM   #84961
Jeeper
 
Teague242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,572
If there's a man who gets bored of that 79 ford then he should stick to a Prius. Not a Chevy or a dodge guy but those old fords are the best truck ever made. I loved mine.... Just waiting for another one to pop up.

I beat the living hell out of my truck in the bush and she never let me down. Was an auto too the only thing I didn't like about it. 351m and c6 ain't a good combo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-107377789.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	490801  

Teague242 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #84962
Jeeper
 
texasdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 688
Ugh......... I drank to much last night. I need hash browns......

__________________
SEMPER FI
2012 Wrangler Sport S, Silver Soft Top, Goodyear Duratracs 285/75R16, Level 8 Trackers, Rough Country 2.5" lift, KC Slimlite 130w Spots and 100w Driving lights, JCR Stubby Dagger Pre-Runner Front Bumper, JCR Stubby Rear Bumper, ACE Rock Rails
texasdave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #84963
Jeeper
 
toshpate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 19,285
Images: 4
Send a message via AIM to toshpate Send a message via Yahoo to toshpate Send a message via Skype™ to toshpate
Drank too much? What is that
__________________

GOOOOOOOOOO POKES!!!!!!
toshpate is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #84964
Jeeper
 
texasdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 688
Mucho cervezas........ and staying up until midnight and waking up at 5. All is a bad combo......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
__________________
SEMPER FI
2012 Wrangler Sport S, Silver Soft Top, Goodyear Duratracs 285/75R16, Level 8 Trackers, Rough Country 2.5" lift, KC Slimlite 130w Spots and 100w Driving lights, JCR Stubby Dagger Pre-Runner Front Bumper, JCR Stubby Rear Bumper, ACE Rock Rails
texasdave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #84965
Jeeper
 
whetstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
Mucho cervezas........ and staying up until midnight and waking up at 5. All is a bad combo......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
BC powder + Red Bull. Works every time.
__________________
As it turns out, I'm not a 'real' jeeper
whetstone is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #84966
Jeeper
 
Kimi725's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by whetstone View Post

BC powder + Red Bull. Works every time.
Can we trade red bull for Monster?
__________________
You. Yes, you there.. OFF.
Kimi725 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #84967
Jeeper
 
texasdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 688
Sausage egg and cheese taquito and biscuits and gravy!!!
__________________
SEMPER FI
2012 Wrangler Sport S, Silver Soft Top, Goodyear Duratracs 285/75R16, Level 8 Trackers, Rough Country 2.5" lift, KC Slimlite 130w Spots and 100w Driving lights, JCR Stubby Dagger Pre-Runner Front Bumper, JCR Stubby Rear Bumper, ACE Rock Rails
texasdave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #84968
Jeeper
 
Kimi725's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
Spinach feta wrap? And a giant vanilla frappuchino!
__________________
You. Yes, you there.. OFF.
Kimi725 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #84969
Jeeper
 
Raiderfan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Knob Noster, MO
Posts: 7,381
I had a protein bar for breakfast while driving to work
Raiderfan001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #84970
Jeeper
 
whetstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi725 View Post
Can we trade red bull for Monster?
Only you. Everyone else has to drink red bull.
__________________
As it turns out, I'm not a 'real' jeeper
whetstone is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #84971
Jeeper
 
Kimi725's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderfan001 View Post
I had a protein bar for breakfast while driving to work
The ones flavored like chocolate are yummy
__________________
You. Yes, you there.. OFF.
Kimi725 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #84972
Jeeper
 
bdrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: flat land
Posts: 258
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague242 View Post
If there's a man who gets bored of that 79 ford then he should stick to a Prius. Not a Chevy or a dodge guy but those old fords are the best truck ever made. I loved mine.... Just waiting for another one to pop up.

I beat the living hell out of my truck in the bush and she never let me down. Was an auto too the only thing I didn't like about it. 351m and c6 ain't a good combo.

I concur .......... had a 76 (ol blue) and a 78 highboy nothing tougher..... i ripped the factory straight 6 out of my 76 and installed a 351 cleveland crane cam,,,,,,,, 4 barrel heads,,,,,, hi rise intake and the sweetness of a holly 750 all and all married to a granny low 4spd nothing better than the looks on peoples faces when that half ton opened up she would start humming her own tune at 5 grand pulling a sled many times i out pulled 454 duallies with that truck highest i ever dared take her was 8 grand but she never blew that motor now sits in a freind of mines fairlane still making him lol
__________________
1998 Sahara 4.0
2010 Ford F250 v10

" when shopping for new health insurance and your agent asked '' can you pass a piss tests'' I say for distance or accuracy
bdrake is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #84973
Jeeper
 
greenjeepgurl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gone, and I ain't back yet
Posts: 39,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi725 View Post

Can we trade red bull for Monster?
I hope so. Red bull is nasty.
__________________
Keepin' on Jeepin' on!
greenjeepgurl87 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #84974
Jeeper
 
Kimi725's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by whetstone View Post

Only you. Everyone else has to drink red bull.
Sounds fair to me
__________________
You. Yes, you there.. OFF.
Kimi725 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #84975
Jeeper
 
Raiderfan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Knob Noster, MO
Posts: 7,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi725 View Post
The ones flavored like chocolate are yummy
These are s'mores flavor. Not bad tasting but they don't taste like s'mores lol
Raiderfan001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #84976
Jeeper
 
Raiderfan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Knob Noster, MO
Posts: 7,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrake View Post
I concur .......... had a 76 (ol blue) and a 78 highboy nothing tougher..... i ripped the factory straight 6 out of my 76 and installed a 351 cleveland crane cam,,,,,,,, 4 barrel heads,,,,,, hi rise intake and the sweetness of a holly 750 all and all married to a granny low 4spd nothing better than the looks on peoples faces when that half ton opened up she would start humming her own tune at 5 grand pulling a sled many times i out pulled 454 duallies with that truck highest i ever dared take her was 8 grand but she never blew that motor now sits in a freind of mines fairlane still making him lol
Mines got a mildly built 302 and a C6. I think it would have a bit more get up and go with a different tranny. Not sure though I'm more of a Chevy guy. My Chevy with a 350/350 would eat my Ford for breakfast. Granted its a 350 vs a 302 but still. I think the C6 is holding it back a bit.
Raiderfan001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #84977
Jeeper
 
greenjeepgurl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gone, and I ain't back yet
Posts: 39,143
Ok folks...do I want a ham and cheese omelette or do I want sunny side up??
__________________
Keepin' on Jeepin' on!
greenjeepgurl87 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #84978
Jeeper
 
Raiderfan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Knob Noster, MO
Posts: 7,381
I vote ham and cheese omelette.
Raiderfan001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #84979
Jeeper
 
greenjeepgurl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gone, and I ain't back yet
Posts: 39,143
Sold..I'm.hungry haha
__________________
Keepin' on Jeepin' on!
greenjeepgurl87 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #84980
Jeeper
 
bdrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: flat land
Posts: 258
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderfan001 View Post
Mines got a mildly built 302 and a C6. I think it would have a bit more get up and go with a different tranny. Not sure though I'm more of a Chevy guy. My Chevy with a 350/350 would eat my Ford for breakfast. Granted its a 350 vs a 302 but still. I think the C6 is holding it back a bit.
not necessarily with the 302 (side note its my least fav. motor right next to bowtie 305 ) there are a lot nice mods you can do but it also depends on the trucks purpose like jeeps gears are everything
__________________
1998 Sahara 4.0
2010 Ford F250 v10

" when shopping for new health insurance and your agent asked '' can you pass a piss tests'' I say for distance or accuracy
bdrake is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #84981
Jeeper
 
Raiderfan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Knob Noster, MO
Posts: 7,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrake View Post
not necessarily with the 302 (side note its my least fav. motor right next to bowtie 305 ) there are a lot nice mods you can do but it also depends on the trucks purpose like jeeps gears are everything
Yeah I don't know what gears it has. Whatever came with it stock is what I would guess. I really don't know much about it really other than the motor and trans. Looking to get a tailgate and bumper for it. And I want to lift the rear up some. Looks like it's been lowered and would bottom out with a heavy load. Plus the rear shocks are old and rusted through so i'll replace those all around too.
Raiderfan001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #84982
Jeeper
 
Kimi725's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
My 84 Bronco had 351 windsor in it. I guess it is a man thang with the whole mines bigger and better. I just liked I knew how to lock the hubs and pull anything out of the soft sand with it. Make me happy to help those dudes in a 4X4 out of the sand with my ole bucket o rust
__________________
You. Yes, you there.. OFF.
Kimi725 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #84983
Jeeper
 
Raiderfan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Knob Noster, MO
Posts: 7,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi725 View Post
I guess it is a man thang with the whole mines bigger and better.
Damn right!

Raiderfan001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #84984
Jeeper
 
Kimi725's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderfan001 View Post
LoL.
__________________
You. Yes, you there.. OFF.
Kimi725 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #84985
Jeeper
 
ChasUGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,548
Images: 2
What's with all these pick-up truck pictures?
This is a JEEP Wrangler forum. Please post pictures of WRANGLERS!!

No other vehicle matters a D***, at least not here. Show me your bada$$ lifted WRANGLER,
or go home. HA!
ChasUGC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #84986
Jeeper
 
Raiderfan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Knob Noster, MO
Posts: 7,381
Better? lol
Raiderfan001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #84987
Jeeper
 
Raiderfan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Knob Noster, MO
Posts: 7,381
How about modern rock band discussion? A guy at work was saying today that he thinks Rage Against the Machine is going to be the defining band of this generation (we were talking in the 90s-now era) 50 years from now. We all disagreed lol. Not that I dislike RATM...but I just don't see them being looked at as the greatest band of this time. Sure they will probably still be remembered but I think others will be even more remembered. I listed 3 Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Shinedown and Papa Roach as examples. Another added Foo Fighters and Linkin Park and Green Day which I agreed would also be bigger than Rage 50 years from now. What other bands would you say?


edit: Red Hot Chili Peppers was also mentioned
Raiderfan001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #84988
Jeeper
 
mackdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tropical Nova Scotia
Posts: 32,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderfan001 View Post
How about modern rock band discussion? A guy at work was saying today that he thinks Rage Against the Machine is going to be the defining band of this generation (we were talking in the 90s-now era) 50 years from now. We all disagreed lol. Not that I dislike RATM...but I just don't see them being looked at as the greatest band of this time. Sure they will probably still be remembered but I think others will be even more remembered. I listed 3 Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Shinedown and Papa Roach as examples. Another added Foo Fighters and Linkin Park and Green Day which I agreed would also be bigger than Rage 50 years from now. What other bands would you say?

edit: Red Hot Chili Peppers was also mentioned
Can't join in....my musical tastes seem to have stalled in the eighties/early nineties.
mackdj1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #84989
Jeeper
 
Raiderfan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Knob Noster, MO
Posts: 7,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdj1 View Post
Can't join in....my musical tastes seem to have stalled in the eighties/early nineties.
Speaking of Canadians I also mentioned Nickelback being bigger than Rage.
Raiderfan001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #84990
Jeeper
 
black ops 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderfan001 View Post
How about modern rock band discussion? A guy at work was saying today that he thinks Rage Against the Machine is going to be the defining band of this generation (we were talking in the 90s-now era) 50 years from now. We all disagreed lol. Not that I dislike RATM...but I just don't see them being looked at as the greatest band of this time. Sure they will probably still be remembered but I think others will be even more remembered. I listed 3 Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Shinedown and Papa Roach as examples. Another added Foo Fighters and Linkin Park and Green Day which I agreed would also be bigger than Rage 50 years from now. What other bands would you say? edit: Red Hot Chili Peppers was also mentioned
I agree. I think Green Day will be remembered over RATM. I'm mostly a country guy but very eclectic in my music tastes over all

__________________
My Jeep doesn't leak, she just likes to mark her territory
black ops 2 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
awesome , ba yj ftw , bugsbb , hummer , i love chrome , inwinity , jk > yj , jku's are the best! , morning fun posting

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rugged Ridge XHD Front Modular Bumper Systems 07-11 Jeep JK Wranglers, Free Shipping Baseline 4x4 Outfitters Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 27 03-08-2013 02:03 PM
Why I love my JK and thoughts on the Jeep community.... Mr. Sinister JK General Discussion Forum 48 12-15-2011 11:20 PM
Rugged Ridge XHD Front Modular Bumper Systems 2007-2011 Jeep JK Wranglers Baseline 4x4 Outfitters Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 6 09-01-2011 09:25 PM
Biggest Jeep Freek Contest!!!! txoutdoorx4 Classifieds Archive 6 02-21-2011 11:48 AM
History of the Jeep. George T. General Jeep Discussion 8 02-04-2009 02:03 AM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC