not an obama supporter - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-22-2011, 03:53 AM   #31
Jeeper
 
SilentKoala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechuckster View Post
If Israel laid down there arms tomorrow, everyone in that country would be slaughtered. If the other middle east countries laid down theirs, peace would prevail. How hard is that to understand. l

SilentKoala is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
GroundHawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: northeast ohio
Posts: 2,274
I think the solution isn't being molested at all, no matter the race...

It's a gun in the cockpit and a small inboard security force. If that doesn't stop it, nothing will.

GroundHawg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
GroundHawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: northeast ohio
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudthelau

My life has had 0 changes in the past 23 years. Any right I had before that I demonstrate, I still have. I don't get in trouble with the law so idc about the warrant/searching crap, and at air ports...I'm punctual, so getting there an hour earlier than normal to be patted down doesn't bother me. More time to watch movies on my iPhone. And realistically I'm willing to bet the majority of the people who live in American don't even know all their rights. That being said, it's hard to get people to fight for something they don't even know belongs to them.
That's a good point. Most dont understand their rights. I'm 30, and I've seen a few taken in my lifetime. Gun restrictions, seatbelt laws, helmet laws, raw milk being nearly outlawed, can't buy regular lightbulbs soon, police dont need warrants and can sneak and peek, no privacy at the airport, tactile rifles banned but brought back, affirmative action...that's just off the top of my head.

As for Israel, I really don't see why we as Americans care. It sounds cold hearted, but come on. We give that country like 3 billion a year, and their enemies like 12 lol even then, how about they put that 3 billion towards defense so we dont have to babysit the middle east anymore.

American foreign policy is just so counter productive and causes so many expensive headaches and problems that are so easy to avoid.
GroundHawg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2011, 03:46 AM   #34
Jeeper
 
PTWarrior66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: DMV
Posts: 2,786
Obama needs to mow his own lawn before mowing the entire neighborhood.
__________________
Wal-Mart and Mcdonalds are the most un-American establishments around. Don't give these idiots your money
PTWarrior66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #35
Jeeper
 
JonsBlue90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Moosic PA
Posts: 124
I was trying to have a friendly discussion on Israel, the middle east, and war in general with a friend of mine last night. He is a die hard socialist, and will admit it without hesitation.

In my experience, it seems when 'the left' runs out of talking points, they revert to personal assault. Does anybody else have this happen? Does anybody know why?

Last night, my 'friend' had no counter argument to anything at all that I said, so he told me I was ignorant. When I asked why he thought I was ignorant, he went off on a rant about theology. When I asked him how the conversation turned from politics to my being ignorant to the study of religion, he told me that theology was the study of theory. When I informed him he was absolutely wrong, and that I found it funny that he was calling me ignorant, he told me to leave his house and not come back. I obviously had no problem with this...

Sorry to rant, I was going to post a thread about last night to get it off my chest, but figured since there's already a post about the basic subject matter I'd just add it in here.
JonsBlue90 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
InvertChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NoVa
Posts: 7,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonsBlue90
I was trying to have a friendly discussion on Israel, the middle east, and war in general with a friend of mine last night. He is a die hard socialist, and will admit it without hesitation.

In my experience, it seems when 'the left' runs out of talking points, they revert to personal assault. Does anybody else have this happen? Does anybody know why?

Last night, my 'friend' had no counter argument to anything at all that I said, so he told me I was ignorant. When I asked why he thought I was ignorant, he went off on a rant about theology. When I asked him how the conversation turned from politics to my being ignorant to the study of religion, he told me that theology was the study of theory. When I informed him he was absolutely wrong, and that I found it funny that he was calling me ignorant, he told me to leave his house and not come back. I obviously had no problem with this...

Sorry to rant, I was going to post a thread about last night to get it off my chest, but figured since there's already a post about the basic subject matter I'd just add it in here.
I know exactly what you mean. They get frustrated as they have no counter argument so they attack you instead. They're blind to logic.
__________________
|2004 Jeep TJ "Green Machine"|4.0L 5 speed Dana44|33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs|2.5" RC coils + 1.25" body lift|OME NitroSport shocks|4.56 gears|Skid Row Engine Skid|BCC Sliders|Currie AntiRock|
InvertChaos is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2011, 05:17 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
sonofabeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Green Cove Springs, Fl.
Posts: 1,706
Same could be said about some of the right, ya know "Obama rhymes with Osama" and just today I saw a bumper sticker that read "Beware of Liberals disguised as Americans".
That's a key job waiting to happen.
Same could be said about any subject really, not just politics.
Ignorance knows no party lines and depends on the person imo.
__________________
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead"
sonofabeach is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
InvertChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NoVa
Posts: 7,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofabeach
Same could be said about some of the right, ya know "Obama rhymes with Osama" and just today I saw a bumper sticker that read "Beware of Liberals disguised as Americans".
That's a key job waiting to happen.
Same could be said about any subject really, not just politics.
Ignorance knows no party lines and depends on the person imo.
Very true. I cringe at some of the extreme right views I've heard. Extreme anything is not good.
__________________
|2004 Jeep TJ "Green Machine"|4.0L 5 speed Dana44|33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs|2.5" RC coils + 1.25" body lift|OME NitroSport shocks|4.56 gears|Skid Row Engine Skid|BCC Sliders|Currie AntiRock|
InvertChaos is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
sandman1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvertChaos View Post
Very true. I cringe at some of the extreme right views I've heard. Extreme anything is not good.
I agree with this, Extreme anything is not good, but sitting idelly by and watching it go out the window is crap too, too much at stake to not get angry about it.
__________________
"My house is protected by the good Lord and a gun..."
"I have no idea how that mud got in here"
sandman1212 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #40
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
chucky cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: We eat stuff outa ditches!
Posts: 4,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by navret View Post
i disagree with many of obama's policies, but i must support his new middle east policy. way back in the seventies, college profs. were saying israel's borders must be pushed back to pre 1967 borders and establish a palistinian state or there will never be peace in the middle east. guess he had a few of the same profs. finally some one is using common sense.
Israel has nukes. When they cannot defend themselves due to loss of protective landmass and are fixing to get overrun, what do you think they will do?

__________________
It ain't easy being cheesy:

Sometimes I make decisions like famous people.
George Armstrong Custer "lets go over that hill, I think those are friendly indians!"

Titanic's Captain Smith "What icebergs? Full speed ahead!"
chucky cheese is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama repairs foriegn relations skeeter Off-Topic 16 03-10-2009 02:22 PM
Obama Admits He's a Muslim! (Humor) G54 Off-Topic 0 11-11-2008 09:12 PM
Join the Obama youth... skeeter Off-Topic 30 11-09-2008 04:00 PM
obama & fidel lost Off-Topic 8 11-04-2008 09:49 PM
Palin vs Obama... tiny terror Off-Topic 31 09-10-2008 07:34 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC