Originally Posted by tiny terror
They don't and neither do women, it's just an excuse to be a hag.
OK, so I'm a couple days late reading this one but WOW.....
I had suspected this before and now I have proof from a woman confirming this.... PMS is an excuse... I've never tolerated it in my relationships. Otherwise, that would only leave 2 weeks out of the month that my wife can be "normal". This limits it down to three so at least I get 75%. Thank you for confirming this for me.
Getting back to the thread:
I think a lot of problems with email and forums is similar to what people experience when they are driving in their cars. There's an artificial anonymity that empowers some people. Much like road rage, some people hide behind the email and allow their pent up agressions to project. Take the average road rage nit wit out of the car and you ususally find that the person is relatively nice and average person. Throw in a few stressors like traffic, etc and you have a different person who has a perception of protection and power behind the wheel.
I think some people fall into this category on the internet and email. I also think some people wite things that are misinterpreted. Email can be so misinterpreted some times.
How many times have you written something one way only to re-read it and it has a completely different meaning?
I think most people, in general, are good natured and want to be a positive contributor. I would venture a guess of 90%. The remaining 10%, IMO are the troublemakers, the bullies, the outcasts, the non-contributors that sponge off of society. For these people, I have no tolerance and I have no reservation in letting them know how I feel or backing it up if I need to.
I was raised to respect others and treat other as you would like to be treated. We should stick together and help each other. When someone disrespects you then it's your repsonsibility to recalibrate their mind and let them know you won't accept this behavior and make them accountable for their actions.
I have learned to surround myself with the people that enhance and benefit my life. I have also learned to take out the trash when it's garbage day too.
I think there are a lot of good people on this forum and there are many good contributors. I also think there are a few people that lack life experience or the ability to moderate themselves and this is where the "experienced" people need to step up and provide their wisdom and continue to be positive contributors. If you can't say something nice and be supportive, then don't say it all.
We all came here of our own free will and remain here for a reason.... There is a common bond we all share and that's our passion for our tradition, sport, activity whaterver you want to call it.
I feel anyone that wants to remain here and provide a positive contribution is a welcome member....those who wish to cause controversy and add negative value...find another place to badger or be-little someone....you are not welcome here.