Parking Morons - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Ugly Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
PecosRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Jose, New Mexico
Posts: 1,542
Parking Morons

A topic in the JK section got me thinking that there's a ton of parking stories out there and I want to see them.

This morning I pulled onto the block for breakfast and there was just 3/4 of a parking space left on the entire block. It just so happened that a PT Cruiser parked partially in the last space while occupying her space at an asinine angle. I saw that I could pull into the partial space and even managed to stay within the lines.

As I walked to the restaurant, a large woman chased me down and told me to move my "car". I told her I don't own a car. She said she saw me get out of that yellow "car" and I needed to move it since she couldn't get in and was late for work. I told her that since I was legally parked she was out of luck and maybe she should crawl in from the passenger side.

I them walked behind her car and took a picture of her plate in case she damaged my "car" out of spite. I went in and joined my wife and granddaughter and ordered breakfast. (They walked there from the bank since my banking takes a while sometimes.)

When I saw the cops arrive I decided to go out and see what was up. She called them and complained about the way I parked and pointed at me and called me a name that I've been called many times. Starts with an "A" for those keeping track.

The cop asked me to move my "car" since I made my point already, but I politely told him that she needed to ask me NICELY and not TELL ME to move my JEEP and I feel that she also needed to APOLOGIZE for calling me a name and that when she ASKS me to move my JEEP to maybe use the word PLEASE.

I also told him that I would have moved it when she came out if she had asked originally rather than demand I move my "car". He was amused. He looked at her and said, and I quote, "Ma'am, the ball's in your court." and he returned to his squad and left.

Rather than ask and say please, she crawled through the passenger door and squirmed into the driver's seat. It took her over a minute. She left and flipped me off.

Getting back to my wife and granddaughter I heard, "Did you have fun dear?" I smiled and then she called me the same name that the PT Cruiser owner did. Maybe I am an . . . . never mind.

PecosRiver is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
jeepers29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Posts: 2,666
Pecos, it sounds like you and me have a bit in common. I am not just talking about the names we have been called. LOL Thanks for the laugh and hopefully that lady learned something today, but I doubt it.

jeepers29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Jared66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 519
Ha i love pointing out morons like that. I especially like cars that try not to let me merge. I quite like the " eff you I'm bigger" maneuver
Jared66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
JKralph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KCK
Posts: 10,726
I really enjoy that she was so spiteful that she crawled in through the passenger side rather than be civil. some people
JKralph is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 7,359
Attachment 276347

Yes I politely waited for the dumbass to come out of the store and then not so politely proceeded to chew his ass out. You shoulda heard his excuses!!!
krisbman is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #6
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
the Kolector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 2,556
I was parked at Lowes one day and heard an announcement over the speaker asking for the owner of the blue Jeep Wrangler, my wife went out to see what was going on, thinking maybe someone had hit it. Come to find out, the lady that I parked in front of was pissed because "my bumper was over her car" I was fully inside my parking spot and she was over the line and into mine, she called actually called the cops over it. There was no damage, the cars never even touched, she was just pissed that I had the nerve to park "over" her car even though she was into my spot. Come to find out, she cussed out my wife when she got out there, shes lucky I wasnt there when it happened or there may have been some car damage after that. The cops came and said there was nothing they could do since there was no real reason for them to even be there.
__________________
You Are The Result of 3.8 Billion Years of Evolutionary Success. Act Like It.
the Kolector is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #7
Ugly Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
PecosRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Jose, New Mexico
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Kolector View Post
I was parked at Lowes one day and heard an announcement over the speaker asking for the owner of the blue Jeep Wrangler, my wife went out to see what was going on, thinking maybe someone had hit it. Come to find out, the lady that I parked in front of was pissed because "my bumper was over her car" I was fully inside my parking spot and she was over the line and into mine, she called actually called the cops over it. There was no damage, the cars never even touched, she was just pissed that I had the nerve to park "over" her car even though she was into my spot. Come to find out, she cussed out my wife when she got out there, shes lucky I wasnt there when it happened or there may have been some car damage after that. The cops came and said there was nothing they could do since there was no real reason for them to even be there.
On my 2010 I had a stinger and I had someone complain about the same thing. People amaze me with the levels of their self-centeredness sometimes.
PecosRiver is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
I am JD & It's my Dream

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
JDsDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Peach State
Posts: 26,900
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PecosRiver View Post
I them walked behind her car and took a picture of her plate in case she damaged my "car" out of spite.
I've done that.
__________________
The kind of woman that when my feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

To All Of Our Forum Veterans and Active Service Members.
Our Debt To You Is Greater Than We Could Ever Repay.
Thank You

Become a Supporting Member!
JDsDream is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #9
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
the Kolector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 2,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by PecosRiver View Post
On my 2010 I had a stinger and I had someone complain about the same thing. People amaze me with the levels of their self-centeredness sometimes.
Mine is just the factory bumper, I may still have the pictures I took, I'll check and see.
__________________
You Are The Result of 3.8 Billion Years of Evolutionary Success. Act Like It.
the Kolector is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #10
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
the Kolector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 2,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Kolector View Post
Mine is just the factory bumper, I may still have the pictures I took, I'll check and see.
Found them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4077.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	276522   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4076.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	276523  

__________________
You Are The Result of 3.8 Billion Years of Evolutionary Success. Act Like It.
the Kolector is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 7,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Kolector View Post

Found them.
I woulda done exactly the same only closer
krisbman is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #12
Ugly Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
PecosRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Jose, New Mexico
Posts: 1,542
Love it!
PecosRiver is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
nobndry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Posts: 1,024
I was at bestbuy one day and decided that I wanted to be an a$$ to two lifted "bro trucks" who were both over the line by a considerable amount into my space. There was no way I was getting out of my door so I just climbed out of the back of the jeep because the top was off. I came back to two very angry rednecks who told me that if they ever catch me again that they will squash my little jeep. Keep in mind that its lifted 3 inches with 35 km2s. I promptly responded saying that ill just hop a curb and go off road and said that I would be safe because they wouldn't be able to follow me. They didn't quite get the insult haha, but I climbed in the back and drove off waving with a special finger. I hope that teaches them, to park correctly, or at least to leave less space between their trucks. I hate people that park so poorly, and take any opportunity to try to make it hard for them to leave so that maybe they won't do it again.
__________________
2010 Wrangler 2dr Sport BLACK 6spd manual, 3.73 gears, 3" TF lift, 35"KM2

... See JKs do wave.
nobndry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #14
_3m
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
_3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 2,762
So far over into my spot you can't even see the line, that's my daughter waiting for me to back up and finish my ranting
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1299211786.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	277342
__________________
Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain
_3m is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #15
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
the Kolector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 2,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by _3m View Post
So far over into my spot you can't even see the line, that's my daughter waiting for me to back up and finish my ranting
Attachment 277342
How did they even get out parked like that?
__________________
You Are The Result of 3.8 Billion Years of Evolutionary Success. Act Like It.
the Kolector is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #16
_3m
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
_3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 2,762
I'm guessing the passenger sliding door
__________________
Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain
_3m is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 42
This range rover decided he needed 1.5 spaces. I was really hoping someone would follow my lead and box him in behind, but he was gone before I got back.


Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130726_214500.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	277900



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130726_214500.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	277900
tjcasey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 7,743
I love this page!
CrazyBull is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
TreyJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inola, OK
Posts: 309
Subscribed!
TreyJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Madden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 448
Images: 3
Send a message via Skype™ to Madden
I really want to get some of these made for situations like this

__________________
Madden is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13
i need some of those cards. people cant park down here either
garmin220 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
rnuover13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by PecosRiver View Post
A topic in the JK section got me thinking that there's a ton of parking stories out there and I want to see them.

This morning I pulled onto the block for breakfast and there was just 3/4 of a parking space left on the entire block. It just so happened that a PT Cruiser parked partially in the last space while occupying her space at an asinine angle. I saw that I could pull into the partial space and even managed to stay within the lines.

As I walked to the restaurant, a large woman chased me down and told me to move my "car". I told her I don't own a car. She said she saw me get out of that yellow "car" and I needed to move it since she couldn't get in and was late for work. I told her that since I was legally parked she was out of luck and maybe she should crawl in from the passenger side.

I them walked behind her car and took a picture of her plate in case she damaged my "car" out of spite. I went in and joined my wife and granddaughter and ordered breakfast. (They walked there from the bank since my banking takes a while sometimes.)

When I saw the cops arrive I decided to go out and see what was up. She called them and complained about the way I parked and pointed at me and called me a name that I've been called many times. Starts with an "A" for those keeping track.

The cop asked me to move my "car" since I made my point already, but I politely told him that she needed to ask me NICELY and not TELL ME to move my JEEP and I feel that she also needed to APOLOGIZE for calling me a name and that when she ASKS me to move my JEEP to maybe use the word PLEASE.

I also told him that I would have moved it when she came out if she had asked originally rather than demand I move my "car". He was amused. He looked at her and said, and I quote, "Ma'am, the ball's in your court." and he returned to his squad and left.

Rather than ask and say please, she crawled through the passenger door and squirmed into the driver's seat. It took her over a minute. She left and flipped me off.

Getting back to my wife and granddaughter I heard, "Did you have fun dear?" I smiled and then she called me the same name that the PT Cruiser owner did. Maybe I am an . . . . never mind.
That my friend, is an awesome story.
rnuover13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
gregaf3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 200
And this is the reason why I have ace sliders... you don't have to worry about door dings either!

gregaf3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC