Protest at my daughter's school today - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,205
Protest at my daughter's school today

Westboro Baptist held a protest at my daughter's school today. The counter demonstration was so strong they were driven away. The Freedom Riders showed up in force!

Marylanders Give Westboro Message: 'God Loves All' - Photos - WBAL Baltimore

__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,205

__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Official WF thread de-railer
 
Mr. Sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fair Hill, Maryland
Posts: 3,707
Damn, had I known I would have taken the day off and driven down!! Way to go!!
__________________
Bill
Mr. Sinister is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,952
I am disappointed with the police forces around the country. The supreme court ruled that police has absolutely no duty, nor responsibility to protect. Why do police bother protecting them? Maybe if these idiots knew that there won't be police to protect them, they would think twice about staging these protests. Boom, problem solved.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
TOKKIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sonora, CA.
Posts: 414
I know not a funeral this time, but this is how I feel about this group.
The US Supreme Court has ruled that you have the right to protest military funerals under the first amendment. I invite you to bring your protest to my front yard and we will see if your first amendment is stronger than my second amendment.
TOKKIE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
I've protested these idiots in Joplin. Freedom riders did an awesome job, Most of the crew got stopped at the truck stop outside town when 4 semi's "broke down" right in front of their cars, and no tow trucks large enough were available to move them for awhile. And a police officer told me "I'm to busy with the president so you citizens do whatever is needed to keep them in line"
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ellabell, GA
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
Westboro Baptist held a protest at my daughter's school today. The counter demonstration was so strong they were driven away. The Freedom Riders showed up in force!

Marylanders Give Westboro Message: 'God Loves All' - Photos - WBAL Baltimore
what the heck were these dusgusting oxygen wasters protesting about?
__________________
BUAIDH NO BAS!
JEEP WAVE
1CrzyCelt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #8
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12

WF Supporting Member
 
GREEN-MACHINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF MASSACHUSETTS
Posts: 10,249
damn them harley riders... you can always count on us,,
__________________

life is too short to be taken seriously all the time,,,, go buy a MR.potato head and have some fun.
GREEN-MACHINE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
C.L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North NJ
Posts: 2,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaufman_95 View Post
Most of the crew got stopped at the truck stop outside town when 4 semi's "broke down" right in front of their cars, and no tow trucks large enough were available to move them for awhile.
That right there provides just a tiiiiny glimmer of hope that there is some redeeming quality to being human.
C.L. is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOKKIE View Post
I know not a funeral this time, but this is how I feel about this group.
The US Supreme Court has ruled that you have the right to protest military funerals under the first amendment. I invite you to bring your protest to my front yard and we will see if your first amendment is stronger than my second amendment.
First amendment covers you vs the government. It does not extend to private property, which your yard would be. However, if they were on the sidewalk, you would be SOL. Trust me, I'd gladly put a bullet into their leader and the lawyer wife, but remember, if you are a TRUE believer in the constitution, you must support the amendments, even if they allow for something you don't like. You and I are obviously big 2nd amendment guys. However, the lefties always say "see, look at those murders, it's the guns. Ban them." They are using a negative thing to outlaw something positive. Same with these monkeys. You and I can both agree that freedom of speech is important right? However, that freedom includes things that we might not want to hear.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #11
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CrzyCelt View Post
what the heck were these dusgusting oxygen wasters protesting about?
MD's bleeding heart liberal governor recently signed the gay marriage law into effect. Luckily it doesn't take effect until 2013, giving it time to go to referendum in the fall. GBHS recently had a scandal involving a male coach with some underage girls and the principle is a lesbian. They figured this school is the devil's lair. I'm glad the police were their for the children's sake.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Another Guy In A Jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kenosha, WI
Posts: 2,467
I dont understand... there were people outside a school protesting gays and the protesters met so much opposition that they left? am i right?
__________________
17 and ignorant
Another Guy In A Jeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #13
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.L.

That right there provides just a tiiiiny glimmer of hope that there is some redeeming quality to being human.
Happened to them in brandon, miss too, pickup trucks parked behind each of them, police couldn't make it out to ticket them, and the tow trucks were all to busy until 20 min after the funeral, funny how these things work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66

MD's bleeding heart liberal governor recently signed the gay marriage law into effect. Luckily it doesn't take effect until 2013, giving it time to go to referendum in the fall. GBHS recently had a scandal involving a male coach with some underage girls and the principle is a lesbian. They figured this school is the devil's lair. I'm glad the police were their for the children's sake.
Anywhere but their church is the devils lair. These people need some sense knocked into them, or a good beheading
*** the above statement is a JOKE, I in no way intend to ever harm WBC**
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
armygreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
Quote:
TOKKIE bring your protest to my front yard and we will see if your first amendment is stronger than my second amendment.
if they were on the sidewalk, you would be SOL. Trust me, I'd gladly put a bullet into their leader and the lawyer wife, but remember, if you are a TRUE believer in the constitution, you must support the amendments, even if they allow for something you don't like. You and I are obviously big 2nd amendment guys. However, the lefties always say "see, look at those murders, it's the guns. Ban them." They are using a negative thing to outlaw something positive. Same with these monkeys. You and I can both agree that freedom of speech is important right? However, that freedom includes things that we might not want to hear.
don't mean to argue and i wouldn't go using a gun against someone simply using words i disliked,

but before we just tuck tail here keep this in mind too -- many persons have been found not guilty and/or acquitted after harming even killing someone when it was clearly shown they were provoked,
provoking is itself not a legal / protected action against another person.

you can also sue them for emotional distress.

one problem thus far is wbc is rife with lawyers already, so they have a leg up on any regular person, it's like a ufc fighter picking fights in a bar. i can't whoop Chuck Liddell, i also couldn't out-sue wbc.

but if the provoke me, i may snap anyway and just deal with the consequences / take my chances. i would definitely seek the "provocation" defense.

there are ways to shut them down, we just need to brainstorm, there's clearly more people against them than for them so we should be able to outwit them someday; i think the trucker thing above is wonderful - that's the spirit!

remember this key point - they aren't a minority group who's being harassed by the majority; they are the aggressors here, don't tuck tail using our own good-intended laws to stop us from stopping anyone who is the aggressor, this is a key point - our laws' intent is to stop aggression, not shackle us from stopping it.
armygreen is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
TOKKIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sonora, CA.
Posts: 414
The statement I posted is just how I feel. I could not imagine what I would do If they protested the funeral of a loved one that had served, or not served for that matter.
TOKKIE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #16
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Guy In A Jeep View Post
I dont understand... there were people outside a school protesting gays and the protesters met so much opposition that they left? am i right?
It wasn't just gays. They held signs that said soldiers deserved to die as well. My daughter said that it seemed like they were trying to antagonize the counter protesters into creating a disturbance and when that didn't happen they left. That right there shows what they are all about.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
bluesman88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 202
I've been to a funeral of a fallen shipmate where this group showed up. It's sad how they hide behind the first amendment and they know they can get away with it. Although a motorcycle group from the VFW ran them off, to hear the things they said about someone who defended their first amendment right is just sick and no one will ever be able to prove to me that what they do is justified, whether its religion based or not.
__________________
This is going to be legen-and I hope your not lactose intolerant-dary
bluesman88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #18
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,205
That type of religious fanaticism is no better then the terrorists our soldiers are fighting.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #19
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern Michigan near the tip of the mit
Posts: 293
It makes me sick when I hear about Westboro...their crap in the name of religon...bull...Way to go Freedom Riders, you have to love those guys!!
__________________
2008 soft top, stick, in red
The problem with the world...too many nuts, and not enough squirrels!
Chrispy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #20
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,952
I agree with you guys that they are animals. However, I will say that I support them in LAW, but also wish they get their heads bashed in with a little street justice, and the police magically are too busy or "didn't see anything." Remember, police have no duty to protect, so if they want to play with the bull, they can't b!tch when they get the horn.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
armygreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 370
Quote:
I support them in LAW,
again i don't mean to create an argument but i want people to think about this for a second,

the law protects free speech, but it's not there to protect someone harassing, antagonizing, provoking, intimidating, etc.

there's a "law" against yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre.
there are laws against telling someone "i'm going to kill you". <-- that one there infact is exactly why we went into Afghanistan after 9/11 - because al quaeda was camped there, claiming they were going to kill us, and 9/11 proved it wasn't an idle threat.

if your neighbor is mad at your dog barking and cusses and says he's "going to kill you" while he's wearing a gun on his hip - he's just broken the law! he didn't enact "free speech".

wbc's actions are not supposed to be supported by the 1st ammendment, they aren't conducting a peaceful protest, think about this:

if they're against gays, and wanted to protest, then they would show up at gay pride parades in NYC.
but they don't,

they go and harass, cause emotional distress, intimidate, provoke, people at the funeral of their son who died in combat, was a heterosexual, and may infact have not been in any way a supporter of gays at all. iow, the person who died and their family have absolutely nothing to do with the controversy about homosexuality whatsoever.

where in that gives wbc a 1st ammendment "right" to harass these people?

it's bullshit, wbc is NOT following "the law", we're just too much of pussies to put a stop to it - through the legal system, and i don't understand why. but the repeated comments that they have a "1st amdt right" is really disturbing, you may as well be supporting nambla and saying they have a "right" because they're just "expressing" their fondness for little boys.

please, don't let the sick and evil ones TWIST the words of law, that is exactly what they are trying to do; the fact wbc has not been stopped in our courts yet shows they are winning, we are losing. this needs to be fought, legally, and won,
and it begins by not accepting their lie and twist-ation of the law.

harassing others is not protected free speech, they aren't going to locations that are a source of what they "claim" to be "protesting".


another example, i don't like what wbc does, do you want me to get a group of 100 people from my church to protest in your front yard against wbc? do you want me to do this when you show up for a job interview? want me to do this when you take your girlfriend somewhere quiet to propose marriage? what the heck do any of those locales and activities have to do with wbc? nothing, that's my point.

what they are doing is not a protected protest, it is harassment, and the courts should have stopped this sht years ago. our courts are infact failing, hard, this is a perfect example.
armygreen is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #22
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by armygreen View Post
again i don't mean to create an argument but i want people to think about this for a second,

the law protects free speech, but it's not there to protect someone harassing, antagonizing, provoking, intimidating, etc.

there's a "law" against yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre.
there are laws against telling someone "i'm going to kill you". <-- that one there infact is exactly why we went into Afghanistan after 9/11 - because al quaeda was camped there, claiming they were going to kill us, and 9/11 proved it wasn't an idle threat.

if your neighbor is mad at your dog barking and cusses and says he's "going to kill you" while he's wearing a gun on his hip - he's just broken the law! he didn't enact "free speech".

wbc's actions are not supposed to be supported by the 1st ammendment, they aren't conducting a peaceful protest, think about this:

if they're against gays, and wanted to protest, then they would show up at gay pride parades in NYC.
but they don't,

they go and harass, cause emotional distress, intimidate, provoke, people at the funeral of their son who died in combat, was a heterosexual, and may infact have not been in any way a supporter of gays at all. iow, the person who died and their family have absolutely nothing to do with the controversy about homosexuality whatsoever.

where in that gives wbc a 1st ammendment "right" to harass these people?

it's bullshit, wbc is NOT following "the law", we're just too much of pussies to put a stop to it - through the legal system, and i don't understand why. but the repeated comments that they have a "1st amdt right" is really disturbing, you may as well be supporting nambla and saying they have a "right" because they're just "expressing" their fondness for little boys.

please, don't let the sick and evil ones TWIST the words of law, that is exactly what they are trying to do; the fact wbc has not been stopped in our courts yet shows they are winning, we are losing. this needs to be fought, legally, and won,
and it begins by not accepting their lie and twist-ation of the law.

harassing others is not protected free speech, they aren't going to locations that are a source of what they "claim" to be "protesting".


another example, i don't like what wbc does, do you want me to get a group of 100 people from my church to protest in your front yard against wbc? do you want me to do this when you show up for a job interview? want me to do this when you take your girlfriend somewhere quiet to propose marriage? what the heck do any of those locales and activities have to do with wbc? nothing, that's my point.

what they are doing is not a protected protest, it is harassment, and the courts should have stopped this sht years ago. our courts are infact failing, hard, this is a perfect example.
Like I said, I agree with you on a moral level, but the Supreme Court agrees with me. They are not chanting that they are going to kill anyone. They are chanting disgusting and vile things. We do NOT need the 1st amendment to protect complimenting Jeeps and wives. The first amendment is there to protect the things that people might NOT want to hear. You have the SAME right to go to their church, and scream whatever you want. Harassment (general harassment) is NOT in violation of the 1st amendment. I can say your jeep is ugly, your kid is an idiot, your wife is a wh0re, etc (not actually saying this, just for convo sake) and you're not going to like it...however, I have the RIGHT to say it. According to your logic, when someone gets into a heated argument with someone that is feeling harassed, they can file charges. They don't go to gay pride parades because they would be ignored and made fun of. You want to blame someone? Blame the media. They are the ones giving them the time of day. Without the media, they would just be a bunch of hicks thumping bibles. Also, for the record, intimidating, antagonizing, offending, and harassing on PUBLIC property ARE all protected under free speech. Threatening is a dicey one. If I write here, I'm going to kill you, it won't hold any water, since I don't know you, don't know where you live, etc. Just like if I said I'm going to kill all the dozer owners....not a real threat. However, if you cut me off, and we got out of our cars, and I said I am going to kill you, different story. The faster people stop giving these morons the time of day, the faster they will go back to their hick church. Agree to disagree, but to protect the amendments, you must also accept all the crap they bring with them.

P.S. What the WBC does is considered a peaceful protest under federal law.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
jrussblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: se la
Posts: 3,066
Westbro = leave out the new testament.

It's sad that it will likely never occur to them that the degree of their over zealousness will only damage the message that they are attempting to promote.

That said, there is a place and a overarching good that comes from their hideous nature. It forces people to have conversations about the true message of god and Jesus.

It is not surprising to me though, that a leader can overstep what is intrinsically considered right and wrong. Protesting funerals is a pathetic way to show followers the extent of not your beliefs but your will to stay in power. Historically we've not seen any less from any power drunk leader in any similar situation. It's a statement brought on by one person to show that they will not be crossed.

Anyone with half of a brain could see the hypocrisy, but not everyone has half a brain.

I do feel very sorry for those whose grieving processes are affected by these morons.
__________________
06 LJ
78? CJ-7
jrussblues is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #24
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussblues View Post
Westbro = leave out the new testament.

It's sad that it will likely never occur to them that the degree of their over zealousness will only damage the message that they are attempting to promote.

That said, there is a place and a overarching good that comes from their hideous nature. It forces people to have conversations about the true message of god and Jesus.

It is not surprising to me though, that a leader can overstep what is intrinsically considered right and wrong. Protesting funerals is a pathetic way to show followers the extent of not your beliefs but your will to stay in power. Historically we've not seen any less from any power drunk leader in any similar situation. It's a statement brought on by one person to show that they will not be crossed.

Anyone with half of a brain could see the hypocrisy, but not everyone has half a brain.

I do feel very sorry for those whose grieving processes are affected by these morons.
Lets be honest...they don't protest funerals because they care about the dead. They do it because they know it is such a disgusting act, that it will guarantee them front page coverage. If they were protesting a gay pride parade, or even at the local JCREW store, no one would bat an eye. Attention whores that should be kicked in the teeth.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
jrussblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: se la
Posts: 3,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC

Lets be honest...they don't protest funerals because they care about the dead. They do it because they know it is such a disgusting act, that it will guarantee them front page coverage. If they were protesting a gay pride parade, or even at the local JCREW store, no one would bat an eye. Attention whores that should be kicked in the teeth.
My point exactly, however, they are kicking themselves in the teeth already. Let the weeds grow with the wheat, the harvester will separate them when he reaps the fields. There is a lot to that message that parable that is often over looked.
__________________
06 LJ
78? CJ-7
jrussblues is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
armygreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 370
Thanks NFRs2000NYC for the discussion

"the Supreme Court agrees with me.
. . .
What the WBC does is considered a peaceful protest under federal law."

there's some things i disagree with various court decisions including the supreme court,
i will abide by them but that doesn't mean i won't vote, protest, appeal, etc., against such things.

this isn't over until your life on earth is over, or you simply quit, so that's each person's right and choice to pick what they want to stand for and against. i consider this ruling a twisting and mis-use of the 1st ammendment,

if you think it was a correct application of the law then you and i disagree,
both of us will be abiding by the law but i do so in protest and if i got a chance to vote for that to be different i will, and i will speak up against it in verbal/written form every time it comes up - like this.


in the same manner i don't consider ownership of a nuclear weapon or anthrax by an individual falls under the 2nd ammendment. just becausea person could use anthrax for self-defense, doesn't mean the 2nd ammendment intended for and allows them to use it. that would be a twisting/misuse of the 2nd ammendment.


"According to your logic, when someone gets into a heated argument with someone that is feeling harassed, they can file charges."

they can, some of this is referred to as stalking laws and they can go pretty harsh on the stalker even when very little evidence exists and nothing is yet proven in court - just accused of.


"intimidating, antagonizing, offending, and harassing on PUBLIC property ARE all protected under free speech."

i disagree but i won't spend time trying to find cases regarding it and not trying to prove anything or convince you, i know of cases that would prove each direction - your opinion and mine - as not every similar court case falls the same way every time. so i'll leave this item as we disagree.


"Agree to disagree, but to protect the amendments, you must also accept all the crap they bring with them."

i don't feel the ammendments bring crap, i feel that only twisting and mis-use of them brings crap, and that is what i verbally/written, legally, votingly, etc., will fight against.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
Attention whores that should be kicked in the teeth.
okay that bothers me you say this with words but wouldn't take action, either you think they should be stopped and will speak against them, or you think they can continue. paper-tigers are useless, talking on the internet "they should be kicked in the teeth" or "someone should do something" is of no use. what the bikers and truckers and some lawsuits have done is take legal peaceful action.

what i'm trying to do is open up some minds on this subject - that just because the supreme court or whomever "says so" does not mean they have applied law correctly, and when they fail we should all speak up against it.

harassing, provoking, intimidating s hould not be acceptable. look at all the hooplah today over "bullying", well if everyone thinks bullying is so wrong - what do you think the wbc is doing?

if it's wrong, then it should be stopped,
if you think it's right then continue to support it.

i'd like to stop wbc through legal and non-violent means, and discussing it is a first step.

you are saying you agree that they should be allowed to continue, then also conversely saying they should be kicked in the teeth, i don't think that helps solve anything.

the surpreme court made a mistake on this one, they're human - you should abide by their rules but you should speak up when they make a mistake and not say something -is- right because -they- said it. but you are saying you agree with their ruling and that is your right/opinion.

note there are various famous quotes by founding fathers and others regarding "when laws are wrong...", so just because the supreme court says something doesn't = it's right and best for society, it simply means we need to abide by it then work for peaceful change over time.

my opinion:
1.) harassment, provoking, intimidation, are not protected under 1st ammendment.
2.) use of anthrax, nuclear weapons, are not protected under 2nd ammendment

you've stated you think harassment, provoking, intimidation, are proteced under 1st ammendment.
you have the rest of your life on earth to continue to keep, or change, this opinion.

armygreen is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #27
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
denisbaldwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 3,300
I don't understand why those guys are so popular. Being a hateful bigot is never cool and doing it in the name of God? I dunno.. seems ridiculous to me.
__________________
Denis A. Baldwin
Clearwater, FL
1991 YJ 99 Vortec 5.7L, SM465, NP205, 14 Bolt Rear, Dana 60 Front, 5.13 Gears, Detroit Lockers, 395/85R20 46" Michelin XML tires on 20" XD Wheels, Cherokee Offset Springs (10" front to back stretch total), Bilstein 5150s, 1in. BL, custom cage, Warn M8000, Double D Dash/OHC, 4Low Front Stinger Bumper, DirtWorx Rear Bumper WTC, Tube Fenders, Comp Cut, 1 Ton HD Kingpin High Steering and PAID FOR.
denisbaldwin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
Another Guy In A Jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kenosha, WI
Posts: 2,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisbaldwin View Post
I don't understand why those guys are so popular. Being a hateful bigot is never cool and doing it in the name of God? I dunno.. seems ridiculous to me.
Exactly.
__________________
17 and ignorant
Another Guy In A Jeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #29
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,121
Watched them be run off at a friends son's funeral (a brother Marine). As much as I personally hate those people I have limped for over 40 years from helping to give them the right to do what they do. I still don't have to like how they (in my opinion) abuse the right.

Gate53 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coolant probs in my new (old) YJ w/pics Lstar YJ Tech Forum 7 04-07-2012 08:15 AM
My first year of Mods! Drock1979 TJ General Discussion Forum 56 03-30-2012 08:33 PM
My Take on... I8up General Jeep Discussion 7 03-14-2012 07:44 AM
having a hard time starting my Jeep killroy3 TJ General Discussion Forum 14 03-13-2012 07:15 PM
Chafing at the bit Rubicondon53 On The Trail 0 03-13-2012 11:22 AM



» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.



Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC