Psych/IQ Test - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
G54
another brick in the wall

WF Supporting Member
 
G54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NEO
Posts: 17,095
Images: 5
Psych/IQ Test

I'm a Federal Security Contractor, and our contract is almost up. I just found out the requirements for getting re-hired on with the new contractor. I'm not worried about the PT, drug test, or the interview as much as I am concerned about the 600-700 question Psych/IQ test. Has anyone ever had to take one of these? Any suggestions for doing well on it?

I never had to do this to get the job originally, but this new company is requiring it for anyone applying for re-hire.

G54 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
delicate %$^&*@ flower

WF Lifetime Member
 
tiny terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 14,753
I don't think it's a test you can "do well" on. You just do and they decide if where you land on the scale is where they need their employees to be. I'm sure you'll do fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

tiny terror is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
jupiterboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,036
Send a message via AIM to jupiterboy
The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun beating its legs trying to turn itself over but it can't, not without your help, but you're not helping.
jupiterboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
jpdocdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: beach park, il
Posts: 8,162
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgus View Post
Any suggestions for doing well on it?
.
just twitch a lot and argue with yourself during the test, that'll ensure you get in
__________________
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president."
http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data...re_cowbell.gif
jpdocdave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
Wrecktrician
 
4point's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Sierra
Posts: 7,351
(mutters in a low but legible tone)..............."Lock!....Load!....Fully Automatic!".......(repeat)
__________________
Just getting to work is an adventure.
4point is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
kg4kpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Yahoo to kg4kpg
Take your laptop in with you and follow these instructions:
*fun on airplanes too.


If you are sitting next to someone who irritates you, follow these instructions:
1. Quietly and calmly open up your laptop case.
2. Remove your laptop.
3. Start up.
4. Make sure the person annoying you can see the screen.
5. Close your eyes.
6. Tilt your head up to the sky.
7. Move your lips as if praying.
8. Then hit this link: http://boortz.com/mp3/archive/countdown.swf
__________________
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/kg4kpg/f712f48bae526a2b13f30e6601f3433d_zps089056bf.jpg
kg4kpg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,775
Don't worry about it man. You'll be fine.


Or, if you're a nut, you'll be found out soon!
stevens243 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #8
amy
Kalashnikitty

WF Supporting Member
 
amy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Spokane wa
Posts: 5,580
Send a message via Yahoo to amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kpg View Post
Take your laptop in with you and follow these instructions:
*fun on airplanes too.


If you are sitting next to someone who irritates you, follow these instructions:
1. Quietly and calmly open up your laptop case.
2. Remove your laptop.
3. Start up.
4. Make sure the person annoying you can see the screen.
5. Close your eyes.
6. Tilt your head up to the sky.
7. Move your lips as if praying.
8. Then hit this link: http://boortz.com/mp3/archive/countdown.swf
__________________
Good girls go to Heaven. Jeep girls go where ever they want.
amy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2008, 02:49 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Unlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gone.... and most likely forgotten.
Posts: 3,044
I'll have my friends at the USI telepathicly send you the answers while you are taking the test. Just don't tell them about us. We at the USI value our anominaty.
Unlimited is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2008, 03:56 AM   #10
Genius!

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Coyote_94YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 20,890
Send a message via ICQ to Coyote_94YJ Send a message via Yahoo to Coyote_94YJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kpg View Post
Take your laptop in with you and follow these instructions:
*fun on airplanes too.


If you are sitting next to someone who irritates you, follow these instructions:
1. Quietly and calmly open up your laptop case.
2. Remove your laptop.
3. Start up.
4. Make sure the person annoying you can see the screen.
5. Close your eyes.
6. Tilt your head up to the sky.
7. Move your lips as if praying.
8. Then hit this link: http://boortz.com/mp3/archive/countdown.swf
x2


Ask a cop. I believe they have to take a test like that, or maybe it was an interview. Can't remember.
Coyote_94YJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2008, 07:39 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Hilldweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,156
The test is designed to show inconsistencies, aggression, leadership, loyalty, etc. Psychographic profiling isn't new --- but it also isn't very accurate when administered to a fairly intelligent person.
Companies that use them are generally interested in hiring sheep.
__________________
Gone camping,
Bill

Hilldweller is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
squarelightsahara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 238
You are probably looking at am MMPI. It is around 500 questions that are all true false. It has questions like "I enjoy teasing animals." My advice is to answer each question honestly and not think about it too much. This test measures inconsistencies. Too many of them are not good. I used to administer and score the tests a few years ago. A lot of police departments use this test for screening new applicants. Don't sweat it.
__________________
94 YJ Sahara
07 XK Rocky Mountain
squarelightsahara is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #13
G54
another brick in the wall

WF Supporting Member
 
G54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NEO
Posts: 17,095
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun beating its legs trying to turn itself over but it can't, not without your help, but you're not helping.
Why aren't I helping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdocdave View Post
just twitch a lot and argue with yourself during the test, that'll ensure you get in
Yeah, but "get in" what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4point View Post
(mutters in a low but legible tone)..............."Lock!....Load!....Fully Automatic!".......(repeat)
Is that before or after they tell me I didn't get the job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kpg View Post
Take your laptop in with you and follow these instructions:
*fun on airplanes too.


If you are sitting next to someone who irritates you, follow these instructions:
1. Quietly and calmly open up your laptop case.
2. Remove your laptop.
3. Start up.
4. Make sure the person annoying you can see the screen.
5. Close your eyes.
6. Tilt your head up to the sky.
7. Move your lips as if praying.
8. Then hit this link: http://boortz.com/mp3/archive/countdown.swf


Quote:
Originally Posted by stevens243 View Post
Don't worry about it man. You'll be fine.


Or, if you're a nut, you'll be found out soon!
Uh oh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
I'll have my friends at the USI telepathicly send you the answers while you are taking the test. Just don't tell them about us. We at the USI value our anominaty.
How do I know I can trust you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_94yj View Post
Ask a cop. I believe they have to take a test like that, or maybe it was an interview. Can't remember.
I did that. They said to answer as if I grew up in the Cleaver home, never did drugs, and would turn in a co-worker in a heartbeat who I saw stealing. In other words - lie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
The test is designed to show inconsistencies, aggression, leadership, loyalty, etc. Psychographic profiling isn't new --- but it also isn't very accurate when administered to a fairly intelligent person.
Companies that use them are generally interested in hiring sheep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarelightsahara View Post
You are probably looking at am MMPI. It is around 500 questions that are all true false. It has questions like "I enjoy teasing animals." My advice is to answer each question honestly and not think about it too much. This test measures inconsistencies. Too many of them are not good. I used to administer and score the tests a few years ago. A lot of police departments use this test for screening new applicants. Don't sweat it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
I don't think it's a test you can "do well" on. You just do and they decide if where you land on the scale is where they need their employees to be. I'm sure you'll do fine, I wouldn't worry about it.
Thanks for the encouragement! I just hate taking tests. Reminds me of high school. I hated high school.
G54 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
penguin_in_a_cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: eastern virginia
Posts: 366
you will be fine, just remeber if they bring you a helmet after taking the test. Its for your protection, I really like mine
__________________
If at first you don't succeed...

Bomb defusal is probally not for you


tiny for president
penguin_in_a_cj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2008, 04:45 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
jupiterboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,036
Send a message via AIM to jupiterboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgus View Post
Why aren't I helping?
I mean, you're not helping. Why is that oldgus?

They're just questions, oldgus. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response.

Shall we continue? Describe in single words, only the good things that come in to your mind about: your mother.

http://www.geocities.com/lpittack/br-transcript.html

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...24431813921296
jupiterboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #16
G54
another brick in the wall

WF Supporting Member
 
G54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NEO
Posts: 17,095
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
I mean, you're not helping. Why is that oldgus?

They're just questions, oldgus. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response.

Shall we continue? Describe in single words, only the good things that come in to your mind about: your mother.

Blade Runner Dialogue Transcription

OkCupid.com: Take The Bladerunner Replicant Test
Great movie. But your not helping my paranoia problem ya know.

The more I think about it - I'm screwed.

I wonder if Wal Mart is hiring greeters?
G54 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
jupiterboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,036
Send a message via AIM to jupiterboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgus View Post
I wonder if Wal Mart is hiring greeters?
I thought those were retired Replicants.
jupiterboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-16-2008, 07:05 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Joe Dirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 1,076
I've done it a few times. It's not that big of a deal. I just wear a hat made of tinfoil and the answers come to me!
Seriously, it will most likely be a MMPI test. It looks for oddities. It has questions like "Do you want to be a racecar driver?' "Would you like to be a clown?" "Do you love your mother?" They look for wierd or risky behavior indicators and personality problems. Similar questions worded differently are asked again hundreds of questions later. Be consistant and don't think about the answers too hard. New versions of the tests have added questions like "Black people are_______?" Fill in the blank. You had better stick to answers like "discriminated against" and not "good at basketball" or you might have a problem. Good luck.

__________________
2013 Wrangler 2D, 3.6L, Automatic, 3.73 Gears, Limited slip in the rear, Teraflex 2" lift, 285/75/16 tires, LOD bumper & 8K winch, 2M Ham radio.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf- George Orwell
Joe Dirt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Career Color Test AzTJ Off-Topic 26 01-15-2009 05:27 PM
NREMT test anyone? G54 Off-Topic 15 01-09-2009 01:59 AM
test your creativity... tiny terror Off-Topic 50 08-15-2008 03:31 AM
Urine test Scout Off-Topic 39 05-06-2007 10:24 AM
I Test drove. JeepGuyLJ JK General Discussion Forum 1 11-09-2006 01:02 AM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC