Quite Possibly the WORST Pain Ever! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-11-2008, 02:42 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Rubigoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Posts: 332
Send a message via Yahoo to Rubigoddess
Quite Possibly the WORST Pain Ever!

I just got back from the hospital. They did a thyroid biopsy on me. OMG, that was the worst pain I've ever been through. I'm gonna rip my doc a new one. He "assured me" that it wouldn't be painful at all.

Wonder if he's ever had one?


__________________
Throw me back bitch, throw me back!
Rubigoddess is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: where my hat is
Posts: 1,489
try an epidural (or however its spelt) sometime

Smeghead is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-11-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Levinoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jeffersontown
Posts: 5,540
spinal tap is bad but i'm sure you are in pain as well. Where did they poke you?

~Lev
__________________

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
Levinoss is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-11-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
SPDSNYPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you . . . .
Posts: 441
Just had an epidural a few days ago. Not sure if it hurt - was sedated. But them describing it sounded unpleasant!!
SPDSNYPR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-11-2008, 07:57 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Rubigoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Posts: 332
Send a message via Yahoo to Rubigoddess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
try an epidural (or however its spelt) sometime

I have a kid. I've had an epidural. NOTHING compared to what I went through today.
__________________
Throw me back bitch, throw me back!
Rubigoddess is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-11-2008, 08:00 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Rubigoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Posts: 332
Send a message via Yahoo to Rubigoddess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinoss View Post
spinal tap is bad but i'm sure you are in pain as well. Where did they poke you?

~Lev

In the neck, the thyroid to be exact. Not once, not twice, but FOUR friggin' times. They think the lydacain that they give you deaden's it. HAHAHAHA!

So, after that, I had another dr. appt with the pulmonologist (lung doc). So, I'm sittin' in his office, we're reviewing my recent CT Scans and he says "well, we're going to have to do a lung biopsy". Before I could think I shouted
"$hit!". He looked at me wierd. I said "if its anything like what I just went through a few hours ago, you'd better knock me out".

He assured me that I'll completely unconcious. So, next Friday I'll be in the hospital for a bit.
__________________
Throw me back bitch, throw me back!
Rubigoddess is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-11-2008, 08:42 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
sgnellett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Under a sheet of ice, you know, from Global Warming!
Posts: 2,949
I was just gonna say, wait till they want to do one of your boobs! My wife was miserable after that, she has a real high tolerance to anesthetia, so they kept shooting her up, and when they cut her, she said it was like they never gave her anything! She said it was worse than the c-sections she had w/ our boys!
__________________
SGNellett, 02 TJ "LUCY" 3" BDS w/ quick disco's, 33x12.5x15's on Chrome Steel Tailgunners, K&N CAI, Tomkens front & rear w/ swing away tire carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
And the most important safety, I never put my booger hook on the bang switch unless I'm ready to fire.
sgnellett is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-12-2008, 11:32 PM   #8
Really?

WF Lifetime Member
 
ccain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,453
Images: 9
Well... Today, I cracked the thin candy coating that covers the chocolaty nougat in my gourd. I was in a small storage closet and raised up too fast. I have a huge knot on my head and have forgotten math.
ccain is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Tinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Summerville Ga.
Posts: 164
I'll see your boo-boo's and raise you a real owie,



that was the 1st ex fix, 1 year later leg STILL broken was the 2nd ex fix

to be followed up by this 3rd internal fix

this june will make 5 years and the leg is still broken and now its 3.5" shorter than the left. I have had a total of 10 major surgeries.

Tinker is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2008, 07:39 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
rthdtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 270
I'll take your owie & raise you Indego Lazer Prostate surgery. If you dont know, thats when they go threw your johnson with a Lazer Scope to your Prostate, Zap the Prostate with the Lazer 5-6 times while your awake ! You can't move or the nerves can be damaged and that will leave you unable to ever have an erection again. Pain & terror, naw, torture.......... yes. OMFrik'nG!......not sweet........
rthdtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Tinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Summerville Ga.
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthdtj View Post
I'll take your owie & raise you Indego Lazer Prostate surgery. If you dont know, thats when they go threw your johnson with a Lazer Scope to your Prostate, Zap the Prostate with the Lazer 5-6 times while your awake ! You can't move or the nerves can be damaged and that will leave you unable to ever have an erection again. Pain & terror, naw, torture.......... yes. OMFrik'nG!......not sweet........
sounds alot like a date I had before I hooked up with my 2nd wife.
Tinker is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2008, 08:39 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Rubigoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Posts: 332
Send a message via Yahoo to Rubigoddess
Well, they've decided to fully sedate me for the next round of biopsies. Thank God!
__________________
Throw me back bitch, throw me back!
Rubigoddess is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #13
I luv bourbonz!
 
02Prove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bartlett, TN
Posts: 3,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
Well... Today, I cracked the thin candy coating that covers the chocolaty nougat in my gourd. I was in a small storage closet and raised up too fast. I have a huge knot on my head and have forgotten math.


__________________
"So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey."
W. C. Fields
02Prove is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #14
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
 
Dare2BSquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Driving Around Arkansas In My Black XJ
Posts: 6,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
Well... Today, I cracked the thin candy coating that covers the chocolaty nougat in my gourd. I was in a small storage closet and raised up too fast. I have a huge knot on my head and have forgotten math.
Show us, or it doesn't count!!!
__________________
99 XJ Sport
4.0l
AW4
NP231
d30/C8.25
3" Skyjacker lift
31 x 10.50 General Grabbers


http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...are/TMLogo.gif Are all fishermen liars, or do only liars fish?
Dare2BSquare is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #15
delicate %$^&*@ flower

WF Lifetime Member
 
tiny terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 14,753
I saw it happen, it's counts.
tiny terror is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2008, 06:34 AM   #16
MOz
Jeeper
 
MOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Poconos
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
I'll see your boo-boo's and raise you a real owie,



that was the 1st ex fix, 1 year later leg STILL broken was the 2nd ex fix

to be followed up by this 3rd internal fix

this june will make 5 years and the leg is still broken and now its 3.5" shorter than the left. I have had a total of 10 major surgeries.

Saw a co-worker of mine go through that...Every day he had to adjust the linkages to stretch his leg back to the original length...took him almost 3 years and every day this guy was in agony... I feel for you man.

Rubi.....What happened to you? I had a lipoma removed from my neck but they knocked my ass out for it...

Hope everything works out for you.
__________________


It ain't no fun unless you get some of it on you.
MOz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2008, 09:18 AM   #17
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
 
Dare2BSquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Driving Around Arkansas In My Black XJ
Posts: 6,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
I saw it happen, it's counts.
So, now you and Cain are in the closet together?
__________________
99 XJ Sport
4.0l
AW4
NP231
d30/C8.25
3" Skyjacker lift
31 x 10.50 General Grabbers


http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...are/TMLogo.gif Are all fishermen liars, or do only liars fish?
Dare2BSquare is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
Rubigoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Posts: 332
Send a message via Yahoo to Rubigoddess
Wonderful FRIGGIN' NEWS!

So, I was supposed to get the results from the biopsy yesterday. Didn't hear anything. I get into to work this AM and this is the message i have in my email inbox.

"Hi Shelly, Unfortunately the thyorid biopsy was inconclusive. They got tissue but it was not enough to be completly
conclusive. They did not see anything concerning though but the tissue sample was not large enough to be complete.

Are you still set up to see an endocrinologist to discuss the thyroid? Because that would be the next step and determine if a
larger biopsy would be needed. If that was done, it would not be the same thing (it would be a minor surgery where your are
knocked out to get the sample)."

I'm really beginning to dislike doctors.
__________________
Throw me back bitch, throw me back!
Rubigoddess is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #19
MOz
Jeeper
 
MOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Poconos
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubigoddess View Post
So, I was supposed to get the results from the biopsy yesterday. Didn't hear anything. I get into to work this AM and this is the message i have in my email inbox.

"Hi Shelly, Unfortunately the thyorid biopsy was inconclusive. They got tissue but it was not enough to be completly
conclusive. They did not see anything concerning though but the tissue sample was not large enough to be complete.

Are you still set up to see an endocrinologist to discuss the thyroid? Because that would be the next step and determine if a
larger biopsy would be needed. If that was done, it would not be the same thing (it would be a minor surgery where your are
knocked out to get the sample)."

I'm really beginning to dislike doctors.
Do they suspect thyroid problems?

I had a doctor suspect issues on mine once. I had a fatty tumor on mine but my blood tests showed OK. So they sent me for a radio-Iodine (I-131) thyroid uptake test. It's a very interesting, dramatic and painless procedure.

After they log you into their system and isolate you in an exam room, a technician shows up in a lead lined apron with heavy gloves. He's holding a heavy duty lead container that has one of those radiological hazard stickers on the top. He then instructs you to open the top, reach in and grab the pill and consume it.

Whenever I get stressed out I revert to some sarcastic humor: Before I touched the container, I looked at the guy and asked him "Do I get gloves and an apron too"? This guy must have had a pervious job as a funeral technician..he never blinked. "Please open the container and ingest the pill.. You will need to wait 10 minutes and then you can lay down on the table and we can begin the procedure".

They then place a sensor close to your neck for 30 minutes to record the digestion of the radioactive I-131 on your thyroid. This test measures performance of the thyroid gland. If it doesn't absorb fast enough, then you have an underactive thryoid. If it goes too fast, you have an over active throid.

There's a leftover to the test procedure...Now that you are "hot" for a while with a radioactive element in your system, you need to be especially careful that other people refrain from using your lavatory for a little while.

Hope you're OK...
__________________


It ain't no fun unless you get some of it on you.
MOz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
dj_chizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 858
Send a message via AIM to dj_chizzle
wow after looking at the pictures in this thread i feel like a big pussy for complaining about my gout in my big toe
__________________
'04 Unlimited, Light Khaki Metallic
dj_chizzle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Tinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Summerville Ga.
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_chizzle View Post
wow after looking at the pictures in this thread i feel like a big pussy for complaining about my gout in my big toe
lollie, would you like to see the pics of having both big toe nails permanently removed due to being ingrown?
Tinker is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
Rubigoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Posts: 332
Send a message via Yahoo to Rubigoddess
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOz View Post
Do they suspect thyroid problems?

I had a doctor suspect issues on mine once. I had a fatty tumor on mine but my blood tests showed OK. So they sent me for a radio-Iodine (I-131) thyroid uptake test. It's a very interesting, dramatic and painless procedure.

After they log you into their system and isolate you in an exam room, a technician shows up in a lead lined apron with heavy gloves. He's holding a heavy duty lead container that has one of those radiological hazard stickers on the top. He then instructs you to open the top, reach in and grab the pill and consume it.

Whenever I get stressed out I revert to some sarcastic humor: Before I touched the container, I looked at the guy and asked him "Do I get gloves and an apron too"? This guy must have had a pervious job as a funeral technician..he never blinked. "Please open the container and ingest the pill.. You will need to wait 10 minutes and then you can lay down on the table and we can begin the procedure".

They then place a sensor close to your neck for 30 minutes to record the digestion of the radioactive I-131 on your thyroid. This test measures performance of the thyroid gland. If it doesn't absorb fast enough, then you have an underactive thryoid. If it goes too fast, you have an over active throid.

There's a leftover to the test procedure...Now that you are "hot" for a while with a radioactive element in your system, you need to be especially careful that other people refrain from using your lavatory for a little while.

Hope you're OK...

The problem with that is that i've had so many CT scans, that any more radiation WILL give me cancer. Thats what the doc says anyway.

They're concerned because I have a HUGE goiter on my thyroid with nodules on the goiter. Its called a "multi nodule goiter". GOD i hate that word. Anyway, it has grown substantially in the last year that they want to figure out what is going on.

On another note, wish me luck! I'm leaving in an hour to go have chunks of my lung taken out! At least they're going to sedate me for this one!
__________________
Throw me back bitch, throw me back!
Rubigoddess is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #23
MOz
Jeeper
 
MOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Poconos
Posts: 2,484
WOW...that sucks. My sister had the exact same thing.

Good news, she survived but they had to do surgery to remove some of them. They began to block her airway. Five years later (still smoking) she's alive and well. I believe she was going to an endocrine specialist for her thyroid issues.

Good luck...
__________________


It ain't no fun unless you get some of it on you.
MOz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Rubigoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Posts: 332
Send a message via Yahoo to Rubigoddess
K, I take my "worst pain ever" statement back. After just having a lung biopsy yesterday, THAT is the worst pain ever. So, they tried to knock me out with "verset" or however you spell it. Unfortunatley, I was so anxious about it, that I just wouldn't fall asleep. They gave me 7 mg of it (3 times what they normally give patients) and I still wouldn't sleep. So, i had to go through this this wide awake.

Good news is they didn't have to open my chest up to do it, they just stuck a tube down my wind pipe into my lung and tore a couple pieces of lung away. The doc told me he was going to take 7 "booger" size pieces of lung, BUT because I started bleeding in my lungs so much, he couldn't do that. Instead he took one 50 cent size chunk. I coughed and coughed and coughed throught the whole thing. Coughing combined with gagging and crying made for a very unpleasant situation.

So, I'm still coughing, not only coughing, but coughing up a TON of blood. He said some blood is normal, but dont you think I'd be done bleeding by now?

Anyway, I HATE all of this. One more surgery (yes, this one is a REAL surgery where they totally put me out) and I'll be done! Thank god.

__________________
Throw me back bitch, throw me back!
Rubigoddess is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dammit...is anyone wheeling this weekend MrBash California Jeep Forum 15 04-07-2008 04:18 PM
worst day ever!!! kotiktj TJ General Discussion Forum 30 08-31-2007 08:15 AM
Best Mod and Worst Mod Scout TJ General Discussion Forum 27 10-20-2006 04:09 PM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC