Soccer Soccer Soccer!!! - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #61
BT
Jeeper
 
BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My house?
Posts: 1,175
Mid season update. My middle school team is 1-4-0.. Not the best but God love those kids for tryin. They're out there bustin their butts every match. They seem to be improving every match and every practice. Numbers have been hurting us. I've only got 13 players on the team and we have been facing teams with upwards of 17 or 18 players. Played a team today with over 20!! couldn't be more proud of my Mustangs and I look forward to our next match Wednesday!

__________________
"Shiny side up, Greasy side down"

"Where's the shiny side?"

"Brown side up, Greasy side down" - Piper54
BT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #62
Jeeper
 
BlueRidgeYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta2011 View Post
Mid season update. My middle school team is 1-4-0.. Not the best but God love those kids for tryin. They're out there bustin their butts every match. They seem to be improving every match and every practice. Numbers have been hurting us. I've only got 13 players on the team and we have been facing teams with upwards of 17 or 18 players. Played a team today with over 20!! couldn't be more proud of my Mustangs and I look forward to our next match Wednesday!
Hard to beat fresh legs. Kudos to you, coach.

__________________
“Coming of age in a fascist police state will not be a barrel of fun for anybody, much less for people like me, who are not inclined to suffer Nazis gladly and feel only contempt for the cowardly flag-suckers who would gladly give up their outdated freedom to live for the mess of pottage they have been conned into believing will be freedom from fear.”
BlueRidgeYJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #63
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta2011 View Post
Mid season update. My middle school team is 1-4-0.. Not the best but God love those kids for tryin. They're out there bustin their butts every match. They seem to be improving every match and every practice. Numbers have been hurting us. I've only got 13 players on the team and we have been facing teams with upwards of 17 or 18 players. Played a team today with over 20!! couldn't be more proud of my Mustangs and I look forward to our next match Wednesday!
Awesome man. I know the feeling of being short handed, but in the end it really makes the kids better. Kudos to you man
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #64
BT
Jeeper
 
BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My house?
Posts: 1,175
Yea fresh legs are really hard to beat.

I just got my 13th player yesterday and boy did I luck out! I've been needing a keeper all season and I finally got one yesterday!! This is going to help a lot as it will allow me to put one of my winger's back on the field instead of in the net.
__________________
"Shiny side up, Greasy side down"

"Where's the shiny side?"

"Brown side up, Greasy side down" - Piper54
BT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #65
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta2011 View Post
Yea fresh legs are really hard to beat.

I just got my 13th player yesterday and boy did I luck out! I've been needing a keeper all season and I finally got one yesterday!! This is going to help a lot as it will allow me to put one of my winger's back on the field instead of in the net.
Sweet!
Well we got a game tonight, cant wait! My boys Varsity team only has 13 players also, they usually swing a couple from JV up but it really creates confusion more than it helps on the field.
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #66
BT
Jeeper
 
BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My house?
Posts: 1,175
Do they practice together?
__________________
"Shiny side up, Greasy side down"

"Where's the shiny side?"

"Brown side up, Greasy side down" - Piper54
BT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #67
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta2011 View Post
Do they practice together?
Nope, well the couple that swing up do every once n a while i think but im not sure
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #68
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
1 minute in and he scores
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #69
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
And another lazer beam
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #70
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Can you say HAT TRICK!!!
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #71
BT
Jeeper
 
BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My house?
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbman View Post

Nope, well the couple that swing up do every once n a while i think but im not sure
That's not good. Congrats on the hat trick!! Quite a feat to achieve.
__________________
"Shiny side up, Greasy side down"

"Where's the shiny side?"

"Brown side up, Greasy side down" - Piper54
BT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #72
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta2011 View Post

That's not good. Congrats on the hat trick!! Quite a feat to achieve.
The two swing kids actually did fairly well tonight, still not on par with the big boys but from the looks of it id say they have been practicing together. Great game tonight.
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #73
BT
Jeeper
 
BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My house?
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbman View Post

The two swing kids actually did fairly well tonight, still not on par with the big boys but from the looks of it id say they have been practicing together. Great game tonight.
What's their record thus far?
__________________
"Shiny side up, Greasy side down"

"Where's the shiny side?"

"Brown side up, Greasy side down" - Piper54
BT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #74
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta2011 View Post

What's their record thus far?
This was first league match. Had 3 pre season, had to forfeit one after the win because of a substitution violation then have one win and one loss in pre season
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #75
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Edit that. This was pre season also. League play on thursday
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #76
BT
Jeeper
 
BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My house?
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbman View Post
Edit that. This was pre season also. League play on thursday
What was the violation? I've never heard of vacating a win due to a minor violation. Good luck in the regular season!
__________________
"Shiny side up, Greasy side down"

"Where's the shiny side?"

"Brown side up, Greasy side down" - Piper54
BT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 02:33 AM   #77
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta2011 View Post

What was the violation? I've never heard of vacating a win due to a minor violation. Good luck in the regular season!
Well when a player plays swing they are only allowed one half in a JV game if they roster him for Varsity. In the first half our keeper got carded so we had to make a keeper substitution. The sub keep made the save( ended up being a pk) and continued to play into the second half. Coach forgot to pull him after the first half basically. Kinda lame, if you ask me. Definitely shouldnt be a forfeit for the team. That game was a shut out also. Thanx, yeah I see no reason why they wont take league and I honestly believe they can take state. They play possession ball and they play it well. If its not there they send it back out and reset. They will play the occasional long ball but its not their game. I cant stand watching teams just boot the ball up field.
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 02:36 AM   #78
BT
Jeeper
 
BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My house?
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbman View Post

Well when a player plays swing they are only allowed one half in a JV game if they roster him for Varsity. In the first half our keeper got carded so we had to make a keeper substitution. The sub keep made the save( ended up being a pk) and continued to play into the second half. Coach forgot to pull him after the first half basically. Kinda lame, if you ask me. Definitely shouldnt be a forfeit for the team. That game was a shut out also.
Yea that's some crap. Here in Ohio it's three periods of play. A forfeit is a tad extreme. At least it wasn't a critical game.
__________________
"Shiny side up, Greasy side down"

"Where's the shiny side?"

"Brown side up, Greasy side down" - Piper54
BT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #79
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta2011 View Post

Yea that's some crap. Here in Ohio it's three periods of play. A forfeit is a tad extreme. At least it wasn't a critical game.
Well it does have some bearing on our state standings. Sorry I was editing that last statement. I added more to it
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 02:39 AM   #80
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbman View Post

Well it does have some bearing on our state standings. Sorry I was editing that last statement. I added more to it
Three periods??? Wth is that all about, why would they do that when college, semi pro and pro all play two halves?
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #81
BT
Jeeper
 
BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My house?
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbman View Post

Three periods??? Wth is that all about, why would they do that when college, semi pro and pro all play two halves?
I worded that bad. OHSAA states a player can play three halves in either two days or a week. (I'm not sure on that one.) so if the player plays a full match one day they can only play 1 half of another match within that same week.
__________________
"Shiny side up, Greasy side down"

"Where's the shiny side?"

"Brown side up, Greasy side down" - Piper54
BT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #82
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta2011 View Post

I worded that bad. OHSAA states a player can play three halves in either two days or a week. (I'm not sure on that one.) so if the player plays a full match one day they can only play 1 half of another match within that same week.
Sounds about right.
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #83
Jeeper
 
UnlimitedRubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: behind enemy lines fighting the Caliban
Posts: 1,158
Yawn Yawn Yawn!!!
__________________
Men cease to think when they think they know it all. - Horace
UnlimitedRubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #84
BT
Jeeper
 
BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My house?
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedRubicon View Post
Yawn Yawn Yawn!!!
If you don't like the game don't comment.

Unfortunately we had a little mishap at the game tonight. Had a player get fouled in the 18 yard box which should have been a PK for us. The ref let it go and my assistant and I went off. The kid was still laying on the ground and the ref still didn't blow the play dead. So my assistant went out to check on the kid and the ref red carded him. We ended up losing 2-0 but it's the best I've seen the kids play this year.
__________________
"Shiny side up, Greasy side down"

"Where's the shiny side?"

"Brown side up, Greasy side down" - Piper54
BT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #85
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedRubicon View Post
Yawn Yawn Yawn!!!
Yeah, find another thread to be a tool on.
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #86
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta2011 View Post

If you don't like the game don't comment.

Unfortunately we had a little mishap at the game tonight. Had a player get fouled in the 18 yard box which should have been a PK for us. The ref let it go and my assistant and I went off. The kid was still laying on the ground and the ref still didn't blow the play dead. So my assistant went out to check on the kid and the ref red carded him. We ended up losing 2-0 but it's the best I've seen the kids play this year.
Thats too bad man.
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #87
BT
Jeeper
 
BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My house?
Posts: 1,175
We have another game tomorrow and I think the kids will pick up where they left off tonight. They played amazing.
__________________
"Shiny side up, Greasy side down"

"Where's the shiny side?"

"Brown side up, Greasy side down" - Piper54
BT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #88
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta2011 View Post
We have another game tomorrow and I think the kids will pick up where they left off tonight. They played amazing.
I forget how old they were?
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #89
BT
Jeeper
 
BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My house?
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbman View Post

I forget how old they were?
Middle school
__________________
"Shiny side up, Greasy side down"

"Where's the shiny side?"

"Brown side up, Greasy side down" - Piper54
BT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-19-2013, 12:26 AM   #90
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta2011 View Post

Middle school
Cool, just learning how to control the ball and probably some footwork with the more advanced kids. Have you made it away from the "Bumble Bee" ball? Its fun at that age. I have a video that my other coaches wife made of our club team when they were 7th graders. Have you had to have the talk with the parents yet about them trying to coach from the sidelines?

krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad soccer mom, Bad! Fawbio72 General Jeep Discussion 38 01-17-2012 12:11 AM
Soccer that don't wave back BRoDoLF JK General Discussion Forum 3 12-28-2011 04:54 PM
Are jeep wrangler sports jk soccer mom proof Wranglermofo JK General Discussion Forum 29 10-05-2011 03:10 PM
Jk soccer moms mannyssj13 TJ General Discussion Forum 32 04-03-2011 09:11 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC