The Offical WF Beer Review Thread... - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #31
MOz
Jeeper
 
MOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Poconos
Posts: 2,484
As I have previously stated...the Germans define the word (BIER) and the world just makes a bad copy of it...(BEER).... Even the translation of the word is wrong.

However, a Corona on a hot beach is not bad either.

__________________


It ain't no fun unless you get some of it on you.
MOz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 12:33 PM   #32
Really?

WF Lifetime Member
 
ccain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,453
Images: 9


Kirin Ichiban...

I don't know too much about this one. Honestly, I picked because I liked the label. The history on the bottle speaks of a mythical creature, half deer, half dragon... It was in the cooler, available in a single which was 22oz. So, I bought it, took it home and opened it in hopes that I would be magically whisked away to the far east to romp through the lotus gardens with a retarded deer dragon.

Boy, was I let down! I guess I was just deceived by the promise made by label artist and the fantastic tale written therein.
It's billed as a "first press" malt... But me thinks this is just said to sell beer. I've enjoyed a lot of beers from the far east, but this isn't one of them.
It tastes like Budweiser pure and simple. And, upon closer inspection of the label it reads: Brewed under the strict supervision by the brewmaster of Anheuser-Busch, Los Angeles, California $hit, I coulda just bought a Bud and saved the extra 59 cents!

ccain is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #33
MOz
Jeeper
 
MOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Poconos
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post


Kirin Ichiban...

I don't know too much about this one. Honestly, I picked because I liked the label. The history on the bottle speaks of a mythical creature, half deer, half dragon... It was in the cooler, available in a single which was 22oz. So, I bought it, took it home and opened it in hopes that I would be magically whisked away to the far east to romp through the lotus gardens with a retarded deer dragon.

Boy, was I let down! I guess I was just deceived by the promise made by label artist and the fantastic tale written therein.
It's billed as a "first press" malt... But me thinks this is just said to sell beer. I've enjoyed a lot of beers from the far east, but this isn't one of them.
It tastes like Budweiser pure and simple. And, upon closer inspection of the label it reads: Brewed under the strict supervision by the brewmaster of Anheuser-Busch, Los Angeles, California $hit, I coulda just bought a Bud and saved the extra 59 cents!
Somene has to drink shit beer once in a while...
__________________


It ain't no fun unless you get some of it on you.
MOz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #34
that's what she said

WF Supporting Member
 
jgano23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: \m/-_-\m/
Posts: 16,482
Send a message via AIM to jgano23 Send a message via Yahoo to jgano23
when you drink a shit beer it makes you appreciate the good beers.
jgano23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #35
Really?

WF Lifetime Member
 
ccain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,453
Images: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOz View Post
As I have previously stated...the Germans define the word (BIER) and the world just makes a bad copy of it...(BEER).... Even the translation of the word is wrong.

However, a Corona on a hot beach is not bad either.
I agree that the Germans make some fine "Bier"... But they didn't corner the market on it. The oldest known beer recipe was discovered When Archaeologists found a 4,000-year-old Mesopotamian clay tablet in Iraq. There are also ancient Chinese writings that tell how to brew beer. Most likely, through trade and what not, these recipes made their way around the globe. Folks like the Germans, Belgians, Irish and English all took the basic recipes and made them their own by adding or subtracting and experimenting until they had a brew that was distinct. American beers are the remnants of beer recipes that immigrants brought to the "New World".

I'm NOT trying to argue... I have my favorites and my dislikes. That's the beautiful thing about beer... There's something for everyone.

Moz, could you give us a little insight on your favorite German Brews?
ccain is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #36
that's what she said

WF Supporting Member
 
jgano23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: \m/-_-\m/
Posts: 16,482
Send a message via AIM to jgano23 Send a message via Yahoo to jgano23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
I agree that the Germans make some fine "Bier"... But they didn't corner the market on it. The oldest known beer recipe was discovered When Archaeologists found a 4,000-year-old Mesopotamian clay tablet in Iraq. There are also ancient Chinese writings that tell how to brew beer. Most likely, through trade and what not, these recipes made their way around the globe. Folks like the Germans, Belgians, Irish and English all took the basic recipes and made them their own by adding or subtracting and experimenting until they had a brew that was distinct. American beers are the remnants of beer recipes that immigrants brought to the "New World".

I'm NOT trying to argue... I have my favorites and my dislikes. That's the beautiful thing about beer... There's something for everyone.

Moz, could you give us a little insight on your favorite German Brews?
very well put. that kinda sums up beer, wouldn't ya say?
jgano23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 01:14 PM   #37
MOz
Jeeper
 
MOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Poconos
Posts: 2,484
A few years ago, I was on extended business in the black forrest region and then went onto Bavaria for a couple of months. I drank their locally made beer every chance I had. I tried just about anything they made. Each little town has it's own brewery and hardly any of them export. Heffe Weissen was one of my favorites.

Don't get me wrong, I like Guiness, it's better than Bud.
__________________


It ain't no fun unless you get some of it on you.
MOz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
jjseel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rowlett, TEXAS!
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOz View Post
Heffe Weissen was one of my favorites..
__________________
jjseel is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #39
Hacks off Parts while Lit
 
whitebuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Sandhills of South Texas
Posts: 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOz View Post
Heffe Weissen was one of my favorites.
{shudder} i had some kind of that at the flying saucer one time....the best way i could describe the flavor was that is was not unlike diesel fuel mixed with grass clippings......
__________________
'90 YJ, ford 8.8, SOA, lincoln front, aussie rear, 4.88s, swampers.
whitebuffalo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #40
Wrecktrician
 
4point's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Sierra
Posts: 7,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebuffalo View Post
{shudder} i had some kind of that at the flying saucer one time....the best way i could describe the flavor was that is was not unlike diesel fuel mixed with grass clippings......

............with that dried up white dog turd you ran over with the lawn mower.
__________________
Just getting to work is an adventure.
4point is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
kg4kpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Yahoo to kg4kpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
....



Land Shark...

The ONLY beer I've had from a clear bottle that wasn't skunky! Not as light as Corona but lighter than Dos Equis. Like Pacifico it has lots of carbonation and a thin head. A bit citrusy but not as hoppy as I'd like to taste. But good over all. Beats the $shit outta Coors and Bud IMO.

That's about all for now... But stay tuned for more!
My favorite. To me it's a little like Corona but without the need for lime.
__________________
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/kg4kpg/f712f48bae526a2b13f30e6601f3433d_zps089056bf.jpg
kg4kpg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #42
Really?

WF Lifetime Member
 
ccain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,453
Images: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebuffalo View Post
{shudder} i had some kind of that at the flying saucer one time....
Would that be the flying saucer in Little Rock? Great Place!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kpg View Post
My favorite. To me it's a little like Corona but without the need for lime.
Yup... Like I said... Clear bottle-no skunk! How do they do it? I just wish I could find it in a case and not just a 6 pack.
ccain is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #43
Genius!

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Coyote_94YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 20,890
Send a message via ICQ to Coyote_94YJ Send a message via Yahoo to Coyote_94YJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
HAHAHAHAHAH...


GUINNESS for President '08
I second that motion.


It's like that feeling you get when climbing the flagpole, only in your mouth.
Coyote_94YJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #44
that's what she said

WF Supporting Member
 
jgano23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: \m/-_-\m/
Posts: 16,482
Send a message via AIM to jgano23 Send a message via Yahoo to jgano23
alright, you guys got me wanting some of this landshark stuff. do you know how much a six pack is? i wanna get one on my way home, but i dont want to stop if i dont have enough $$.
jgano23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #45
Really?

WF Lifetime Member
 
ccain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,453
Images: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgano23 View Post
alright, you guys got me wanting some of this landshark stuff. do you know how much a six pack is? i wanna get one on my way home, but i dont want to stop if i dont have enough $$.
It's about $7 for a six pack here in Cali...
ccain is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #46
Hacks off Parts while Lit
 
whitebuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Sandhills of South Texas
Posts: 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
Would that be the flying saucer in Little Rock? Great Place!!!!
it was in san antonio, but i think its a chain....dallas had one prior if im not mistaken. before i got married, every glass i owned in my kitchen was a pint glass from there
__________________
'90 YJ, ford 8.8, SOA, lincoln front, aussie rear, 4.88s, swampers.
whitebuffalo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
tarheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 1,265
Send a message via AIM to tarheel Send a message via Skype™ to tarheel
First it was not having any mods, then Scout brings up the Friends on the forum thing, and now I am a wuss because I like Corona and Landshark. You guys really know how to make a guy feel low.....

BTW, corona ice cold from the cooler on a hot NC beach with a steady onshore breeze....who he hell cares about a lime
__________________
Glenn
98 Sport Red 5spd
RC 2.5 lift/Daystar 1in BL/BrownDog 1 in MM/4.88 Yukon gears/Ford 8.8 rear/Spartan lockers/RC stabilizer/JKS quicker discos/FabFour Hardcore Bumper/SB XRC8 winch
Cragar 365 series V5's/33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs/Grant Tire carrier bumper
tarheel is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #48
Wrecktrician
 
4point's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Sierra
Posts: 7,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel View Post
BTW, corona ice cold from the cooler on a hot NC beach with a steady onshore breeze....who he hell cares about a lime
I'm with ya tarheel! Except for the hot NC night thing.............and the on shore breeze thing............................and I prefer the lightly salted lime.
__________________
Just getting to work is an adventure.
4point is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
h8nagn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 384
I drink many different types of beer, prefer stouts and porters but will drink lagers and on occasion a wheat beer.

I picked up a "variety" pack of Tommyknockers yesterday and only made it thru about 4 of them. Very bitter beers, all 4 types. Beer of choice is something I cannot get here in Maryland called Moose Drool.

CORONA- not much I can say except no beer should be in a clear bottle (even green bottles for that matter). Beers are bottled in dark glass to keep out the UV rays, which actually "spoils" the beer. So if the bottle isn't brown then don't pass it my way.
__________________
Weather forecast for tonight: dark.
"
-George Carlin
h8nagn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #50
that's what she said

WF Supporting Member
 
jgano23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: \m/-_-\m/
Posts: 16,482
Send a message via AIM to jgano23 Send a message via Yahoo to jgano23
ok, so i picked up a 6 pack of the land shark stuff last night and my friend picked up a 6 pack of "smutty house pumpkin ale". the land shark beer is by far the best beer i've ever had. its my new fav. the pumpkin ale however, was by far the worst beer in the entire universe. i have never tasted a rotting corpse anus before, but if i had to envision what that would taste like, pumpkin ale would be it.
jgano23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #51
Fields of pain is where I graze
 
activelydying's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galt's Gaulch
Posts: 3,325
Iron City anyone????
__________________
" Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." Bukowski
activelydying is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,775
"rotting corpse anus" is my favorite band AND my favorite Thursday night white plate special down at the ol' diner.

QUIT HATIN'!!

stevens243 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #53
Jeeper
 
Jake_84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Laredo, TX
Posts: 30
while you cant go wrong with a guinness, I started drinking some IPA's and Strong ales to keep keep freeloaders from grabbing my brew when im jamming with the band.(Play in a metal group called Returning Hate) as it would turn out, not too many folks like complex angry ales hahaha. Ive become really partial to Stone Brewerys Sublimely self righteous. Its like a mix of arrogant bastard and shiner bock with some stout maltiness...like a guiness extra stout with the bastard hop kick. Delirium nocturnum is pretty damn good too. and optimator dopplebock...goes great with chesters burgers and fries.
Jake_84 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #54
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,472
Attachment 269072

Anyone ever try this stuff???
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #55
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,472
Attachment 269074

Mmm, Dessert beer!!!
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #56
Jeeper
 
krisbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheshire Oregon
Posts: 8,472
Attachment 269076

My favorite beer.
krisbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #57
Jeeper
 
Monjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 102
West Sixth IPA made in Lexington, ky.

Monjo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offical Wrangler Forum Jeep Wave Thread Jeepin4life05 General Jeep Discussion 5139 Yesterday 11:41 PM
How to Multi-Quote Scout Off-Topic 27 02-16-2012 04:47 PM
Mmmmm....Space Beer Unlimited Off-Topic 2 12-02-2008 11:28 PM
Which Thread is that? nicolas-eric TJ General Discussion Forum 24 11-28-2007 08:04 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC