Thank you once again for a wonderful "NOT" vehicle.
To date I've had these as problems.
1. Transmission died in 3rd. Attempted to fix, FAIL
2. Transmission replaced, Semi FAIL since 4th is now acting up.
3. Front gearbox & Seal replaced..Actually worked.
4. Engine fire, due to aftermarket wiring of winch, I paid for repairs. Burnt Through the power steering line which was in the shop 6 ..SIX weeks waiting on a part that never arrived. Dealer was nice enough to take one from an existing jeep and replace it off their lot.
5. Parking brake Fail.. Not fixed properly.
6. 430N Stereo fritzed out, Replaced.
7. Parking brake that wasn't fixed messes up again.
8. 1 month ago the Power steering went out along with the door lock switch that should last centuries. Both replaced/fixed.
9. 2 weeks ago. Parking brake went out, was in gear, rolled 200 ft down my drive, off a hill clipping a snowplow and partially ripping off the fender. Body damage repaired by dealer. Joe the owner tested the brake with it in park and the jeep promptly rolled BACKWARDS WITH ENTHUSIASM. Back in shop, they don't know whats wrong, Chrysler sends eng tech and he can't figure it out..says "FIDDLE WITH IT". Parts on order.
10. Hood bent perfectly 1/4" forward which dealer won't fix.
11. Other stuff I can't remember messed up, I've lost count now.
TODAY, 2nd day of Elk Hunt. At 10000+ ft of altitude. Smell burning oil and smoke starts coming out. Somehow...AHEM, the POWER STEERING (This is the wonderful part...imagine going downhill a steep grade on twisty turny dirt road..SAFE HUH?" the ahem..Power Steering BLOWS UP!
Are you sobs trying to kill me or what?
I believe under Lemon Law you me a complete new jeep as was ordered with My bumper, winch, lights, and swingaway tire carrier moved over or replaced to the new jeep. I'm past mad now. This goes for all my add ons. Get this..a 2012 JKU Rubicon, cherry pearl red, stick, saddle leather, 430n stereo, deluxe package. Is a complete piece of garbage.
My add ons? ARB deluxe bullbar, 3 sets of KC lights, Podium switch, Wood panelling on interior, spiderweb, insulation for hard top, Smittybilt rock rails, Locking gas cover, custom prints, custom hinge covers, Swingaway tire carrier with 2 Jerry can mounts, backup camera, seat covers in red, OS handles, roof lift and storage for various soft parts and windows, rock doors, custom wheels & tires, 2.5" lift put on by dealer, 10,000 lb poly line winch, Olympia storage rack inside back bay of jeep and 2nd for the hitch, Plug kit, recovery kit, tool kits (plural), other sundries..none of which has EVER FAILED ME, JUST THE JEEP ITSELF WHICH IS A ROLLING PILE OF EXCREMENT.
Thank you JEEP for producing A. THE MOST WORTHLESS VEHICLE ON THE PLANET. B. MINDLESS CALLS BY MINDLESS PEOPLE GIVING ME MINDLESS QUESTIONAIRES. C. If it weren't for my dealer which is very kind to me if the jeep ever caught on fire I'd have it do so at Easter Jeep Safari and post it on YouTube with the caption "Jeep Finally Produces the Best Flame Retardant Vehicle Under The Obama Safety Plan"
JEEP keeps removing this off of their page which I'm going to keep reposting. Freedom of speech you know. Besides I don't sleep and I HAVE YET TO GET A CALL FROM CORPORATE on the last incident.
Hey I can relate, my last jeep fail to perform in every way. I tried to get the so called lemon law to work for me!! No such luck. So it stayed at the dealership for months . My wife says that I'm hard headed for buying jeeps but once you have owned a jeep it's hard to turn back. Good luck.