Trail Rated...really??? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-25-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
outofrole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 79
Trail Rated...really???

Love my Jeep. I work long and hard and one of the pleasures in my life is to drive, clean stare and drool at my jeep.

But seems like in order to really do some off road you have to spend thousands, i means thousands of dollars to really off road.

I mean u can strip a honda civic, lift the S out of it, slap on sum fat tires and itll go off road.

So what makes the jeep unique off road vehicle in stock form?



outofrole is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 04:38 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
JReed615's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrole
Love my Jeep. I work long and hard and one of the pleasures in my life is to drive, clean stare and drool at my jeep.

But seems like in order to really do some off road you have to spend thousands, i means thousands of dollars to really off road.

I mean u can strip a honda civic, lift the S out of it, slap on sum fat tires and itll go off road.

So what makes the jeep unique off road vehicle in stock form?

The capability of a jeep depends a lot on how you drive it. The mods help, but even the most heavily modded jeep can suck with a bad driver. On a stock jeep, tires are a big factor too. You can't expect a jeep with very fine lugs to perform well on anything but the street. Most people get larger tires, which almost always starts a chain of mods.

What makes jeeps unique is their short wheel base, light weight, dependable engine and transfer case, clearance, etc.

JReed615 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 04:42 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
outofrole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by JReed615 View Post

The capability of a jeep depends a lot on how you drive it. The mods help, but even the most heavily modded jeep can suck with a bad driver. On a stock jeep, tires are a big factor too. You can't expect a jeep with very fine lugs to perform well on anything but the street. Most people get larger tires, which almost always starts a chain of mods.

What makes jeeps unique is their short wheel base, light weight, dependable engine and transfer case, clearance, etc.
Im new to jeeps but bottom line is, these trucks are designed to be mall crawlers more than anything else in stock form?
outofrole is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
JReed615's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrole

Im new to jeeps but bottom line is, these trucks are designed to be mall crawlers more than anything else in stock form?
Not at all. Jeeps are very capable as they are but like I said, you need a skilled driver.

Sounds like what you're looking for is a rubicon, they are very capable in stock form.
JReed615 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 04:49 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
outofrole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by JReed615 View Post

Not at all. Jeeps are very capable as they are but like I said, you need a skilled driver.

Sounds like what you're looking for is a rubicon, they are very capable in stock form.
Im satisfied with my jku sport. Just trying to understand the capabilities of the jeep off the assembly line
outofrole is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
JReed615's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrole

Im satisfied with my jku sport. Just trying to understand the capabilities of the jeep off the assembly line
The only real way to find out is to get out on the trails are try it out. That video you posted is made by teraflex, which is a popular company that sells mods. They want you to believe that your jeep isn't that capable in stock form :O
JReed615 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
sanchese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 20
I think my rubi could of done that trail no problem. I do have a 2" lift which helps.

__________________
2012 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON with 4.10 GEARS
AEV 2" LIFT
RUGGED RIDGE ALUMINUM BUMPERS
FRONT SKID PLATE
2 SETS OF HELLA LIGHTS ( 1 set of BLACK MAGICS)
WARN WINCH M8000-SYNTHETIC
sanchese is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC