veterans are scaring academics - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
veterans are scaring academics

You guys really shouldn't question the poor liberal progressives running our educational facilities, it scares them


Killers in the Classroom

Quote:
Killers in the Classroom

By Dr. June Scorza Terpstra

02/15/07 "ICH " –– –– During a heated debate in a class I teach on social justice, several US Marines who had done tours in Iraq told me that they had "sacrificed" by “serving” in Iraq so that I could enjoy the freedom to teach in the USA. Parroting their master’s slogan about “fighting over there so we don’t have to fight over here”, these students proudly proclaimed that they terrorized and killed defenseless Iraqis. They intimated that their Arab victims are nothing more to them than collateral damage, incidental to their receipt of some money and an education.

A room full of students listened as a US Marine told of the invasion of Baghdad and Falluja and how he killed innocent Iraqis at a check point. He called them “collateral damage” and said he had followed the “rules”. A Muslim-American student in front of him said “I could slap you but then you would kill me”. A young female Muslim student gasped “I am a freshman; I never thought to hear of this in a class. I feel sick, like I will pass out.”

I knew in that moment that this was what the future of teaching about justice would include: teaching war criminals who sit glaring at me with hatred for daring to speak the truth of their atrocities and who, if paid to, would disappear, torture and kill me. I wondered that night how long I really have in this so called “free” country to teach my students and to be with my children and grandchildren.

The American military and mercenary soldiers who “sacrificed” their lives did not do so for the teacher’s freedom to teach the truth about the so-called war on terror, or any of US history for that matter. They sacrificed their lives, limbs and sanity for money, some education and the thrills of the violence for which they are socially bred. Sacrificing for the “bling and booty” in Iraq or Afghanistan, The Philippines, Grenada, Central America, Mexico, Somalia, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, or any of the other numerous wars and invasions spanning US history as an entity and beginning with their foundational practice of killing the Indians and stealing their land.

Many of the classes that I teach now include students who “served” in the US military and security corporations. There are also many students who intend to join the US military upon completion of a degree because with the degree they get a bigger “sign on” bonus of ten to fifty thousand dollars. Their position is supported by many of the student body, who, vegetating according to the American Plan, believe they should “support their troops”. The excuses that they give for joining or intending to join the US military terrorist training camps are first and foremost motivated by a desire for money. One student proudly said that he is willing to kill for money, a better standard of living and an education. Another student, who had done two tours of duty to the Empire in Iraq, justified killing and torture, citing the importance of staying on top as the world’s number one super power so that his family could have the highest standard of living and unlimited access to the world’s oil supplies.

Yet another soldier-student said that there would always be wars and someone had to do it. The”it” is killing, rape, and plunder for profit. Some of the soldier-students agreed that military terrorism was thrilling. Stopping and killing people at checkpoints in order to maintain a comfortable lifestyle in the USA was worth the risk of being killed or maimed. Little did they know that the very education they would kill for could include a course on social justice in which they would be compelled to examine their motives, beliefs and actions in an evil, illegal, immoral and unjust invasion and occupation of a people who never hurt or harmed them or any of their fellow citizens.

To be fair, in this week’s discussion in class there was some mention that some of the student’s intentions had been honorable at the time that they joined the military. They wanted to “help other people”. A few woman students who want to join the military commented that they would be working to “free and defend” people here and abroad. However, for the most part and by their own admission, personal financial gain was their main focus in signing on. Their bottom line was getting the money and their thrills by joining and belonging to the biggest terrorist organization in the world, the USA.

What appears to trouble the soldier student is that the rhetoric of fighting for freedom and democracy is a lie that cannot blanket the horror and guilt of their terrorism. They do not want to hear that participation in invasion and occupation, murder and pillaging, is logically inconsistent with any legitimate concept of freedom or liberation. They know the greed and programmed lust for violence that motivates them. They expect that if they can make it out alive, they get some money, a comfortable lifestyle and an education. Their plan is to secure the oil, the diamonds, the gold, the water, the guns, the drugs, and the bling for their masters, who they hope will cut them in on the swag. They say that someone has to be on top and they want to be on the side of the strong, not the weak. Robbing Hoods, not Robin Hoods.

And now, here they sit in my course on social justice, terrorist war criminals, wanting high paying “criminal justice” jobs in a university Justice Studies program. They want approval, appreciation and honors for terrorism, torture, and murder. They want a university degree so they can get an even higher salary terrorizing more people around the world with security companies such as Blackwater or Halliburton. They want that appropriately named “sheepskin” so they can join the CIA, FBI, and other police and track down and terrorize US residents here.

These military and mercenary terrorist-students are trained in terrorist training camps all under the USA, funded by American taxpayers. In fact, people under the USA are “sacrificing” their health care and their children’s educations while donating their tax dollars to these terrorist training camps. These terrorist camps train money hungry working class stiffs to murder, steal and plunder for the power hungry US corporate war lords.

There is a saying that “if you do the crime, you do the time”. My response is that “If you do the war crimes, you will do time in hell, whether the hell of war trauma and shock, of diseases such as those caused by depleted uranium, the old-fashioned traditional hell, fire and brimstone assigned to malefactors…or the hell of sitting in a social justice class and discovering what the hell you are in hell for, or are about to be.

Please visit Dr Terpstras' website Liberation Central
Penn state even had to put out a training film to teach their professors how to deal with you big bad scary veterans...


__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
I HAVE A BELLYBUTTON!

WF Supporting Member
 
cavediverjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On the grassy knoll...
Posts: 7,150
Ouch.

Interesting read.

__________________
Americans sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do them harm...

Happiness is a Barrett M82A1 .50 caliber and a target at least a click out........

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes, if you f**k with me, I'll kill you all.....
cavediverjc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
G54
another brick in the wall

WF Supporting Member
 
G54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NEO
Posts: 17,099
Images: 5
I suspect Dr. Terpstra has an active imagination to put it nicely. I know quite a few Vets who have fought in the Middle East and I have never, not once ever, heard any of them make light of what they did there.
G54 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
delicate %$^&*@ flower

WF Lifetime Member
 
tiny terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 14,753
This is my favorite part...

Quote:
What appears to trouble the soldier student is that the rhetoric of fighting for freedom and democracy is a lie that cannot blanket the horror and guilt of their terrorism. They do not want to hear that participation in invasion and occupation, murder and pillaging, is logically inconsistent with any legitimate concept of freedom or liberation. They know the greed and programmed lust for violence that motivates them. They expect that if they can make it out alive, they get some money, a comfortable lifestyle and an education. Their plan is to secure the oil, the diamonds, the gold, the water, the guns, the drugs, and the bling for their masters, who they hope will cut them in on the swag. They say that someone has to be on top and they want to be on the side of the strong, not the weak. Robbing Hoods, not Robin Hoods.
Mind reading is quite a skill. "Doctor" June may want to start teaching that instead.
tiny terror is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
I don't think I'd all it "interesting", Disgusting is more like it, even more so in that these scum are being allowed to run our educational system, teaching their hate to our children and then those children come out of our colleges thinking they actually understand the real world.
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
delicate %$^&*@ flower

WF Lifetime Member
 
tiny terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
I don't think I'd all it "interesting", Disgusting is more like it, even more so in that these scum are being allowed to run our educational system, teaching their hate to our children and then those children come out of our colleges thinking they actually understand the real world.
It is disgusting, but college teachers are known for being highly opinionated. Those who believe her rhetoric already believed it, and those who don't, won't be swayed by it.

Sad those who have no understanding of the military like to stick their fingers in their ears and La LA LA their way through discussions about it.
tiny terror is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
I HAVE A BELLYBUTTON!

WF Supporting Member
 
cavediverjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On the grassy knoll...
Posts: 7,150
I think Dr. June's Muslim equivalent would wear a detcord vest into a coalition forces meeting. She feels pretty powerful up there on her soapbox. I could curdle this woman's blood with stories of war. If I got pissed off at every person who said something hateful to me about what my job was in the Army, I'd be one upset fella. As it is, there are far more people who support what I did over there, so I usually let things like this article slide off my back. Life's too short to get my feathers ruffled over someone else's opinion.

So, Dr. June, this smilie is for you.......
__________________
Americans sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do them harm...

Happiness is a Barrett M82A1 .50 caliber and a target at least a click out........

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes, if you f**k with me, I'll kill you all.....
cavediverjc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
It is disgusting, but college teachers are known for being highly opinionated. Those who believe her rhetoric already believed it, and those who don't, won't be swayed by it.

Sad those who have no understanding of the military like to stick their fingers in their ears and La LA LA their way through discussions about it.
I don't buy this, the young are easily swayed by those they feel are above them. We're going through it with our daughter now, her science teacher is a flaming liberal nutjob and she keeps buying into his crap until we show her how wrong he is.
The constant barrage of liberalism our children are subjected to from the time they enter school does have a tremendous influence on their political leanings.
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
Hacks off Parts while Lit
 
whitebuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Sandhills of South Texas
Posts: 2,290
i dunno, i tend to agree with tiny. i felt college was a good exercise in arguing for the sake of arguing. sometimes you need someone with a way-outside viewpoint in order to have a good debate. i would argue points simply for the sake of discussion in some classes, and all in all i thought it was worthwhile. then again, im fairly (ok, alot) headstrong, so my vantage isn't easily swayed. that being said though, if you surround yourself only with similar opinions as yours, you wont ever be able to really increase your knowledge of anything.
__________________
'90 YJ, ford 8.8, SOA, lincoln front, aussie rear, 4.88s, swampers.
whitebuffalo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #10
delicate %$^&*@ flower

WF Lifetime Member
 
tiny terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
I don't buy this, the young are easily swayed by those they feel are above them. We're going through it with our daughter now, her science teacher is a flaming liberal nutjob and she keeps buying into his crap until we show her how wrong he is.
The constant barrage of liberalism our children are subjected to from the time they enter school does have a tremendous influence on their political leanings.
There's quite a bit of difference between elementary or Junior High and College. It's impossible to compare the two.

I ran into teachers from both sides. Conservative arses and Liberal arses. They both taught me a great deal, mainly how to think for myself.
tiny terror is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebuffalo View Post
i dunno, i tend to agree with tiny. i felt college was a good exercise in arguing for the sake of arguing. sometimes you need someone with a way-outside viewpoint in order to have a good debate. i would argue points simply for the sake of discussion in some classes, and all in all i thought it was worthwhile. then again, im fairly (ok, alot) headstrong, so my vantage isn't easily swayed. that being said though, if you surround yourself only with similar opinions as yours, you wont ever be able to really increase your knowledge of anything.
And isn't that what our schools are doing when they stack the faculty overwhelmingly with liberal professors who regularly shout down any dissenting opinion?
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
There's quite a bit of difference between elementary or Junior High and College. It's impossible to compare the two.
Is there? How so?
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #13
delicate %$^&*@ flower

WF Lifetime Member
 
tiny terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 14,753
If you can't see a difference between an 11 or 12 year old child and a 20 year old adult, I'm afraid I could post an encyclopedia on the subject and you would still count them the same in the educational spectrum. But by the time a person is college age, I would hope they've formed some solid opinions on the world around them. If they haven't, they will spend their life swaying with the opinions of those who shout the loudest and none of it will ever stick with them.
tiny terror is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
That would be my point. If they spend their entire academic career bathed in far left liberal ideology they have no basis to question further indoctrination once they reach college.
I entered college at 17, do I think I had a firm understanding of the political world to recognize the leftist bent to my professors? Hell no, I came from the typical American family, we put the fun in dysfunctional, my parents couldn't are less about my education as long as it didn't effect them. Do I think the majority of 17, 18, 19 or 20 year olds are any different? again, no.
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #15
delicate %$^&*@ flower

WF Lifetime Member
 
tiny terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 14,753
You obviously had no problem wading through the "leftist bent", otherwise you'd be spewing the same crap this woman in the OP is spewing. So, as you say I made your point, you just made mine.
tiny terror is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Umm, I was a liberal hippie for years after getting out of school.
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #17
delicate %$^&*@ flower

WF Lifetime Member
 
tiny terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 14,753
And yet, here you are. Conservative.
tiny terror is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
2much's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 529
Send a message via AIM to 2much
I have to dissagree with tiny. I have sat through classes with liberal wacko proffessors spouting their b.s. And while no, I'm not swayed by it, I have seen alot of students who are. And their isn't much difference between a junior or senior in highschool and a freshman in college.
__________________
A conlusion is just the place where you got tired of thinking.
2much is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
How much damage was done before I woke up and smelled the bullshit the left shovels out?
How many people go their entire lives believing the bullshit simply because they were never exposed to the other side from a source they would consider as credible as a "professor"?

Hey, if you think it's a good thing having academia so heavily stacked with leftists such as Dr. June Scorza Terpstra then I guess we'll just disagree. I consider people like this to be enemies of Amarica and don't want them in a position of authority over our children.
I'd like to see some balance return to our schools.
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #20
delicate %$^&*@ flower

WF Lifetime Member
 
tiny terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 14,753
Problem is, when you start deciding teachers cannot have "liberal" leanings, then they cannot have "conservative" leanings either. If kids aren't smart enough to recognize an agenda, maybe they need a few years out in the real world before they hit college.

Higher education cannot be sanitized so that we only hear what we agree with. The world is full of opinions and the ability to separate opinions from fact is a learned skill. This woman, like my six grade teacher who told the class "black people have smaller brains than white people" has shown her true colors. I would rather those with extreme views state them loud and proud so I know who to avoid and who to be wary of.

I had no problem with teachers I disagreed with. Are we so delicate now we can't listen to each other and then present our ideas? What a very sad day indeed.

And Skeet, balance to our schools is just fine for k-12 but that's not how it works in college. But, since you're focused on liberal bullshit, I'll just throw out a little incident when I was a sophomore. I was taking a sociology course. The teacher started talking about unwed mothers. Ok, I happened to be one and I didn't hide it. He proceeded to inform me my son was a "bastard". That's conservative bullshit and I informed him the only bastard here was him.
tiny terror is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #21
delicate %$^&*@ flower

WF Lifetime Member
 
tiny terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
I consider people like this to be enemies of Amarica and don't want them in a position of authority over our children.

This is also very stacked language. If a person is old enough to defend their country at 18, then they're old enough not to have to be protected from ideas a moron teacher in College presents.

Using the word children here is total rhetoric, but of course you knew that.
tiny terror is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2009, 03:53 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
jupiterboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,036
Send a message via AIM to jupiterboy
Paying someone so you can sit and listen to them teach does not mean that person has authority over you. In fact, you are paying their salary. There are conservative schools out there where liberal subjects like anthropology are not even offered.

The perception of authority comes from institutions, which for good and bad, are the basis of civilization. Authority is largely in the mind of the individual.
jupiterboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #23
Hacks off Parts while Lit
 
whitebuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Sandhills of South Texas
Posts: 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
And isn't that what our schools are doing when they stack the faculty overwhelmingly with liberal professors who regularly shout down any dissenting opinion?
i never sat in a class where there were discussions of this sort where there was no interactive discussion. IOW, if there was a uber left professor, there were students arguing the right and vice versa.

i had one class where the prof was a uber liberal, native american, lawyer. he was arguing about guns and i brought up how a gun had saved my life during a home invasion. he came back with some "indian saying" about being out looking for fights blah blah blah, and the whole room came unglued. people arguing against his logic, etc.

i had another where the guy was preaching how abortion was murder and the whole room argued with him, etc.

my point is, sometimes, not everytime, but sometimes professor type people will make a statement that is way out in left (or right) field, just to get people's minds thinking, not necessarily to try to sway their opinion, but to get them to see outside of their box they have been in. In my opinion, THAT is the most valuable part of college as a whole.
__________________
'90 YJ, ford 8.8, SOA, lincoln front, aussie rear, 4.88s, swampers.
whitebuffalo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
Problem is, when you start deciding teachers cannot have "liberal" leanings, then they cannot have "conservative" leanings either. If kids aren't smart enough to recognize an agenda, maybe they need a few years out in the real world before they hit college.
So instead of fixing the system we should simply deny it to our children till the grow up? Sorry, doesn't work for me.
Oh,and would you show where I said teachers shouldn't have liberal leanings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
Higher education cannot be sanitized so that we only hear what we agree with.
Strange, that's exactly what I keep hearing reports of liberals attempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
The world is full of opinions and the ability to separate opinions from fact is a learned skill. This woman, like my six grade teacher who told the class "black people have smaller brains than white people" has shown her true colors. I would rather those with extreme views state them loud and proud so I know who to avoid and who to be wary of.
So once they do expose themselves we shouldn't attempt to remove someone who is clearly unfit for the job? We should just let them continue spouting their crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
I had no problem with teachers I disagreed with. Are we so delicate now we can't listen to each other and then present our ideas? What a very sad day indeed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
And Skeet, balance to our schools is just fine for k-12 but that's not how it works in college.
We don't have balance in K-12. We live in a pretty conservative area and yet our childrens schools are staffed primarily by liberals, much of their curriculum has a decidedly liberal bent.
Please explain why we can't have a balance of ideology in college.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
But, since you're focused on liberal bullshit, I'll just throw out a little incident when I was a sophomore. I was taking a sociology course. The teacher started talking about unwed mothers. Ok, I happened to be one and I didn't hide it. He proceeded to inform me my son was a "bastard". That's conservative bullshit and I informed him the only bastard here was him.
So you had a professor that abused his position to try to humiliate one of his students by pushing his "moral" values and you think this is acceptable?
Any teacher that can't teach a subject without resorting to personal attacks is unfit for the position.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
This is also very stacked language. If a person is old enough to defend their country at 18, then they're old enough not to have to be protected from ideas a moron teacher in College presents.

Using the word children here is total rhetoric, but of course you knew that.
Bullshit. I've done my share of teaching Tiny, training your average teenager to follow orders isn't a particularly difficult feat. Expecting your average teenager to have the life experience and understanding to recognize and challenge an ideology being presented by an older authority figure when they've never been presented with an opposing viewpoint is ridiculous.

My children will always be my children, they aren't rhetoric.
Retract the claws.
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
Paying someone so you can sit and listen to them teach does not mean that person has authority over you. In fact, you are paying their salary. There are conservative schools out there where liberal subjects like anthropology are not even offered.

The perception of authority comes from institutions, which for good and bad, are the basis of civilization. Authority is largely in the mind of the individual.
Total nonsense.
If a teacher is not in control of their classroom the aren't doing their job. Teachers have the authority to maintain discipline and issue grades, they are most definitely in a position of authority.


I'm not calling for a conservative educational system, I'm calling for a balance between conservative and liberal which does not now exist. Our educational system is dominated by far left liberals, there is no balance of ideas.
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #26
delicate %$^&*@ flower

WF Lifetime Member
 
tiny terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 14,753
I have to say, Skeet, you're the one showing claws. Don't think I went on a point by point rampage or PM'd you. And placing words in my mouth, ie your children are rhetoric, please, more loaded language in an attempt to use emotion to make a point. And it's also a huge stretch.... but again, you knew that. Since I'm not the "fish you're trolling for" why don't you tone it back.
tiny terror is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
You read minds now?
Everything I've said in this thread I believe.
I am very concerned about my childrens academic future, I did not use "children" as rhetoric, you are wrong to make that accusation.
I did start this thread in attempt to lure Jupiterboy in to a discussion and the PM I sent you was to simply let you know I wasn't looking for a debate with you in case you wanted to back out of it.


Oh, and that wasn't a "point by point rampage" I simply countered the points you brought up in the debate, I don't see where I insulted or accused you of anything, and I don't see any sign of "rampage"
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #28
delicate %$^&*@ flower

WF Lifetime Member
 
tiny terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 14,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
I wasn't looking for a debate with you in case you wanted to back out of it.
How very pompous of you.
tiny terror is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
txjustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
Total nonsense.
If a teacher is not in control of their classroom the aren't doing their job. Teachers have the authority to maintain discipline and issue grades, they are most definitely in a position of authority.


I'm not calling for a conservative educational system, I'm calling for a balance between conservative and liberal which does not now exist. Our educational system is dominated by far left liberals, there is no balance of ideas.

I think that's a pretty general statement and there is no way of proving/disproving it. Throughout my high school and college life I think it was pretty balanced.
__________________
'89 Islander YJ 4" suspension 2" body lift
35" MT Baja Claws, Weber carb, upgraded ax15 tranny, 4.2 6 cyl, and for sale...pm me for details
txjustin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
How very pompous of you.
pompous
You know I do this for fun and I seem to recall you saying in the past that you don't really like to argue.
But hey, if you just want to keep throwing out the personal attacks, have fun I'm done.

__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Veterans' Heritage Firearms Act... tiny terror Off-Topic 5 02-08-2009 10:04 PM
Veterans Disarmament Act richp Off-Topic 2 02-25-2008 02:14 PM
Veterans sgnellett Off-Topic 15 09-14-2007 01:30 PM
veterans jjseel Off-Topic 10 06-12-2007 04:24 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC