Why do old people come to college? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-07-2007, 04:48 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Levinoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jeffersontown
Posts: 5,540
Angry Why do old people come to college?

Why do old people come to college? Thats the name of a blog I stumbled across tonight. I dont have to tell you it ticked me off abit, that someone would actually blog something like this.

Quote:
I’m sitting here in my English class. Were supposed to be writing some paper but I’m opting to blog. ;-) I’m typing this on my phone so I apologize for any errors.

But yeah where was I? Oh yeah the fact that old people come to college. Now I understand maybe a 40 year-old coming and maybe earning a teaching degree or something like that. But when were talkin a 63 year-old wrinkly old woman who is retired coming to class. What is the fu**** point? She is already retired! I would think you would go on some vacations or somethin. But da** you wanna sit in a classroom with a bunch of young adults and a kid who likes to blog on his da** phone….give me a break! No not a kit kat break but the kind of break that emphasizes something that is rediculous.

I just don’t understand the whole concept of these wrinkly people attending classes its pathetic. then the young college-aged ladies are pretty sad in this class. I’m not seein much and I’m usually not picky. For the love of god shoot me in the balls now!
I was actually glad to see the comments that were posted against this blog.

Quote:
you are very young and inexperienced is why you don’t understand anything about the importance of life and getting older
Quote:
the fact that you are sitting in a classroom blogging tells me that you are the one that doesn’t deserve to be sitting in a classroom. and regardless of the fact that you are very young and inexperienced, i believe you are old enough to know that it is never too late to learn something new. and i find it disgusting that you even have to describe the person as “wrinkly” for you too will one day be older and as you put it “wrinkly”. you can’t put a value on education and did you ever stop to think that this person may have never had the opportunity to go to college and now has it? i think it’s great!!!
Quote:
if you’re as spooked by ‘wrinkly’ 63 year old women
as you sound, you can’t possibly have any balls to shoot
off.
Quote:
I’m an old person in a college class. I’m at least 15 years older than most of the children I have to share the space with and I often have a similar question. Why do children go to college? They don’t like it. They don’t pay attention. They don’t usually understand the work. In fact, most of the “students” seem to be there just because their parents are forcing them. I go to school because I enjoy it. I like learning new things and adding on to my education. I’m working on a new degree so I can continue to be happy with my career and personal choices. I wouldn’t trade one day with an 18 year old who would rather blog than learn.
The guy goes on to make him self look more pathetic.

Quote:
Don’t get me wrong I like learning with the best of people. But I’m sorry trying to interpret an image doesn’t tickle my fancy so I decided to blog. Now I know I will get wrinkly unless I’m rich like Jerry Jones of the Cowboys then I can avoid the wrinkles. But an education is great its the most important thing yoi can get but honestly a 63 year-old person is in the class? What is that person gonna use this education for? Teachin the peeps at Bingo night how to interpret an image? I’m sorry I just don’t see the point. I have respect for the elderly generation but why do they need to be in the young adults classroom? They like wasting their remaining years in a class that is blazing hot instead of maybe using that tuition money on a trip?

When you go to collegehumor.com you don’t go there to see 63 year-old ladies you see 18-22 so case closed.
/discuss

~Lev

__________________

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
Levinoss is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-07-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
I HAVE A BELLYBUTTON!

WF Supporting Member
 
cavediverjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On the grassy knoll...
Posts: 7,138
Nice. Some people just like to get a rise out of their audience by posting controversial topics on the net. Confrontation seems to get some people off. But you know what they say about arguing on the internet....it's just like winning the Special Olympics......in the end you're still retarded. (Sorry, there just wasn't any way to PC that)
Jordan

__________________
Americans sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do them harm...

Happiness is a Barrett M82A1 .50 caliber and a target at least a click out........

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes, if you f**k with me, I'll kill you all.....
cavediverjc is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Unlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gone.... and most likely forgotten.
Posts: 3,044
Simple answer: When you stop learning, you die!

I just started back to school to finish my degree (I'm 47). I can tell you that it's pretty tough for someone my age to get back into the whole school thing, especially when you have a full time career and a family.

There is a 68 year old woman in my cohort. She is there because it was her goal when she was young to get a college degree. She quit college to get married and raise a family. Then she had to take care of her dying mother, then her dying husband. There was never a good time to go back to school, but the fact that she didn't finish her degree had always bothered her. She feels lick she was successful in everything in her life but school. Now, she's retired and has time. People like that should be an inspiration. It's a lot harder to be in school when you don't have to be there. A lot of people are in school because they feel that they have to be there in order to get a good job or because their parents say so. Someone that goes to school because it's important to them to be educated is rare in today's society.

The punk that wrote the blog post is probably attending college on his parent's dime and has no appreciation for the value of the education he is getting. I think the better question is: Why is he in college?

On Edit: In re-reading this post, it seems on the surface to be judgmental against anyone that doesn’t have a college degree. It’s not. My personal opinion is that we, as individuals need to do what we believe is best for ourselves. If that includes college, great! If not, that’s great too. We all have our place in this world, our job is to find it. I tell my kids to do what they love to do and be the best at it they can be, but never stop learning.

What angers me is that this kid is being handed an education for free. All he has to do is sit in class and then go party. I haven’t been wheelin’ for months because that is one thing I’ve had to give up in order to get my school work done. I could be wheeling up in Big Bear tomorrow with tiny, instead I’ll be sitting at my computer finishing two papers and a 15 minute Powerpoint presentation.
Unlimited is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via Yahoo to skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinoss View Post
/discuss

~Lev
He's an idiot. Most college kids are idiots.
__________________
"But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1782

Arguing with a truck driver is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realize the pig enjoys it.
skeeter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Walkeraviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,084
He is one who needs to learn the difference in Knowledge and Wisdom.
Walkeraviator is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
ygohome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,428
your mom goes to college
__________________

Frank Bullitt (BULLZ)
April 2001 - Sept 2011
ygohome is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-07-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Texapple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,617
nicely said, unlimited

......I just walked out those college doors and will be re-entering them next year.

OMG, am I "wrinkly" ????????
__________________
got rid of the husband.....bought another Jeep

my new spotter
Texapple is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-07-2007, 09:54 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
jjseel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rowlett, TEXAS!
Posts: 2,955
"Some people go to the 'fountain of knowlege and take a sip, others dive right in'"
__________________
jjseel is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
kg4kpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 2,765
Send a message via Yahoo to kg4kpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
Simple answer: When you stop learning, you die!

I just started back to school to finish my degree (I'm 47). I can tell you that it's pretty tough for someone my age to get back into the whole school thing, especially when you have a full time career and a family.

There is a 68 year old woman in my cohort. She is there because it was her goal when she was young to get a college degree. She quit college to get married and raise a family. Then she had to take care of her dying mother, then her dying husband. There was never a good time to go back to school, but the fact that she didn't finish her degree had always bothered her. She feels lick she was successful in everything in her life but school. Now, she's retired and has time. People like that should be an inspiration. It's a lot harder to be in school when you don't have to be there. A lot of people are in school because they feel that they have to be there in order to get a good job or because their parents say so. Someone that goes to school because it's important to them to be educated is rare in today's society.

The punk that wrote the blog post is probably attending college on his parent's dime and has no appreciation for the value of the education he is getting. I think the better question is: Why is he in college?

On Edit: In re-reading this post, it seems on the surface to be judgmental against anyone that doesn’t have a college degree. It’s not. My personal opinion is that we, as individuals need to do what we believe is best for ourselves. If that includes college, great! If not, that’s great too. We all have our place in this world, our job is to find it. I tell my kids to do what they love to do and be the best at it they can be, but never stop learning.

What angers me is that this kid is being handed an education for free. All he has to do is sit in class and then go party. I haven’t been wheelin’ for months because that is one thing I’ve had to give up in order to get my school work done. I could be wheeling up in Big Bear tomorrow with tiny, instead I’ll be sitting at my computer finishing two papers and a 15 minute Powerpoint presentation.
Well said. At 41 I am hoping to start back to school in January. I can have an associates in just over a year with the credits I already have plus what ever they convert from my military service. most of mine will be online, but at the end of the rainbow is a GS-12 Contract Specialist job here at the VA. I imagine I am going to be challenged. That punk kid needs to get drafted.
__________________
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/kg4kpg/f712f48bae526a2b13f30e6601f3433d_zps089056bf.jpg
kg4kpg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Levinoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jeffersontown
Posts: 5,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kpg View Post
That punk kid needs to get drafted.
Do you really want someone that stupid to fight for your country?

"whats the hole at the end of this thing do?"
"BAM"

~Lev
__________________

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
Levinoss is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-08-2007, 07:39 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Odhinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinoss View Post
Do you really want someone that stupid to fight for your country?

"whats the hole at the end of this thing do?"
"BAM"

~Lev

I saw a few that I wouldn't turn my back to, or share a fox hole with.

I went back to college last year and saw a few things that disturbed me. Kids that have no clue what real life is all about and Profs that teach opinion and not fact. Not all are like this but more then I would like to see. The attitude this kid shows is exactly what I am seeing in college now. Kids seem to care more about texting/talking smack then actually making something of their lives and being productive instead of destructive. Maybe its a defense mechanism due to insecurity or maybe just the fact that most have never been held accountable for their actions. Either way it can only end bad for older generations when they reach retirement.

Lev asked me a question about a week ago that made me think about something very important. "Were you worried about your generation running the country?" I honestly said no. I have my doubts about this generation and their idea of what reality really is. As in all generations there is good and bad, but which outweighs the other in our most current one.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers with the younger jeepers we have here just stating the opinion I have developed dealing with the younger crowd both at work and at college.
__________________
Recently returned from the Jeep Dead.
and
Proud daddy to a New baby Jeep Girl.
Odhinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-08-2007, 07:44 AM   #12
Fields of pain is where I graze
 
activelydying's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galt's Gaulch
Posts: 3,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinoss View Post
Do you really want someone that stupid to fight for your country?

"whats the hole at the end of this thing do?"
"BAM"

~Lev
Wouldn't that be better anyway?
__________________
" Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." Bukowski
activelydying is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Levinoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jeffersontown
Posts: 5,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by activelydying View Post
Wouldn't that be better anyway?
No

~Lev
__________________

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
Levinoss is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-08-2007, 12:15 PM   #14
#12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: sacramento
Posts: 98
oh man when i saw this post i was mad then i read the opening post, and my attitude changed i am glad there are persons that value education. this kid i would naturally assume, will learn someday. i post on a camaro forum too and the general consensus of members reflect this attitude, young and dumb, needless to say these type of posts are made all the time.

ps i have a pic of my new jeep but i am not sure how to put it up on my signature
__________________

good from 23.9
#12 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-08-2007, 10:05 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
kg4kpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 2,765
Send a message via Yahoo to kg4kpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinoss View Post
Do you really want someone that stupid to fight for your country?
"whats the hole at the end of this thing do?"
"BAM"
~Lev
Well sure, for the Navy. j/k

While yes, he's an idiot, a little tough love might (I stress might) bring him around.
__________________
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/kg4kpg/f712f48bae526a2b13f30e6601f3433d_zps089056bf.jpg
kg4kpg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-08-2007, 10:08 PM   #16
Topless & Dirty

WF Supporting Member
 
OdhinnsChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 981
Send a message via MSN to OdhinnsChick
Went to my sci lab this morning. Mostly people over 25 in there. I had a great time. More so than with those air headed, gum smakin', cell phone talkin', blond bimbo's that I went to orientation with. lol If it wasn't for "OLD people" these people would never be sitting in a classroom.
__________________

OdhinnsChick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-09-2007, 08:57 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
kbak303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wichita Falls, Texas
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odhinn View Post
I saw a few that I wouldn't turn my back to, or share a fox hole with.

Kids that have no clue what real life is all about and Profs that teach opinion and not fact. Not all are like this but more then I would like to see. The attitude this kid shows is exactly what I am seeing in college now. Kids seem to care more about texting/talking smack then actually making something of their lives and being productive instead of destructive. Maybe its a defense mechanism due to insecurity or maybe just the fact that most have never been held accountable for their actions. Either way it can only end bad for older generations when they reach retirement.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers with the younger jeepers we have here just stating the opinion I have developed dealing with the younger crowd both at work and at college.

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers either..but i went back to school 5 years ago at 35 yrs of age to finish my BS in CJ that i dropped out as a junior in '93, then i kept going to earn my alternative teaching certification. I taught 2 years while completing graduate school and now i'm working on my principal's certification {i'm a certified educational diagnostician with a M.ed in Special Education}

I'm loving it.i love working with kids and making some difference in some lives, .but i notice something in my HS that the 'blogger' typified....when he said that interpetating an image "doesn't tickle his fancy", so he'd rather waste his time and the instructor's?

i notice this..if it isn't to their liking or they don't want to do it..screw it..i'll go do this...many kids are NOT like this..but far too many are...

remember when we were told to do something, and we might bitch and whine but we did it?

not now...some kids are constitutional lawyers and we're 'violating' their rights..others are ODD and just aren't going to do it no matter what..screw you i ain't gonna....others are passive aggressive and just sit there and teachers finally give up and move on to a kid that wants their help...

i work at a HS with a hardcore dedicated group of teachers..and they don't give up on kids..but there is WAY tooooo many that just don't want what we're selling, no desire, no drive...don't give a crap cause someone MUST be going to give them everything like their folks...

I earned a living with my back basically from 16 yrs old till i was 35......i learned the hard way and woke up and took adv. of an chance....wonder how many of them will get a second chance like did...

just saying..that kid typifies way too many i know...i sure love to death the ones that don't...
__________________
Ken

2005 Pink Barbie Wrangler
2006 White Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2007 Red Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited
kbak303 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Odhinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbak303 View Post
I'm not trying to ruffle feathers either..but i went back to school 5 years ago at 35 yrs of age to finish my BS in CJ that i dropped out as a junior in '93, then i kept going to earn my alternative teaching certification. I taught 2 years while completing graduate school and now i'm working on my principal's certification {i'm a certified educational diagnostician with a M.ed in Special Education}

I'm loving it.i love working with kids and making some difference in some lives, .but i notice something in my HS that the 'blogger' typified....when he said that interpetating an image "doesn't tickle his fancy", so he'd rather waste his time and the instructor's?

i notice this..if it isn't to their liking or they don't want to do it..screw it..i'll go do this...many kids are NOT like this..but far too many are...

remember when we were told to do something, and we might bitch and whine but we did it?

not now...some kids are constitutional lawyers and we're 'violating' their rights..others are ODD and just aren't going to do it no matter what..screw you i ain't gonna....others are passive aggressive and just sit there and teachers finally give up and move on to a kid that wants their help...

i work at a HS with a hardcore dedicated group of teachers..and they don't give up on kids..but there is WAY tooooo many that just don't want what we're selling, no desire, no drive...don't give a crap cause someone MUST be going to give them everything like their folks...

I earned a living with my back basically from 16 yrs old till i was 35......i learned the hard way and woke up and took adv. of an chance....wonder how many of them will get a second chance like did...

just saying..that kid typifies way too many i know...i sure love to death the ones that don't...
I commend you on your choice to educate our young generation. Kids now wouldn't be able to function with the way some of us were raised. I still remember being told to speak only when spoken to, or go cut your switch, and my all time personal favorite "If your not bleeding don't cry!" (my Mother actually told me this one). Either way the whole situation makes me nervous when our generation has to relinquish control of the country over to them. I might just have to disappear into the Rockies with my family.
__________________
Recently returned from the Jeep Dead.
and
Proud daddy to a New baby Jeep Girl.
Odhinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2007, 01:20 AM   #19
amy
Kalashnikitty

WF Supporting Member
 
amy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Spokane wa
Posts: 5,580
Send a message via Yahoo to amy
Dang, Odhinn, I think our Moms must be related. I never had to cut my own switch, Mom kept a yardstick handy (she was a seamstress) but the rest sounds about right. Does "Quit your crying or I'll give you something to cry about" ring a bell?

kbak303, I see that same attitude in 5 year olds. I would never have even thought some of the things that these kids say, loudly, to adults. But, you're right about the kids who aren't like that. They make going to work a joy.
__________________
Good girls go to Heaven. Jeep girls go where ever they want.
amy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2007, 03:33 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
jjseel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rowlett, TEXAS!
Posts: 2,955
Yup. I have personally DESTROYED several yardsticks with my butt. I have had to "cut my own switches" also. My son will attest to the fact that I continued the tough love heritage with him, he turned out great, but it was iffy that he was going to live to adulthood. It sucks (and is a great thing, at the same time) to have a child bigger and smarter than you are!
__________________
jjseel is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2007, 08:13 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
kg4kpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 2,765
Send a message via Yahoo to kg4kpg
My great-grandmother used to make me get my own switch. But she also walked with a cane, never understood why she didn't just try to beat us with that. My dad had his 3 inch western belt with a couple concho's, used more for threats than actual beat-downs. Ah, the good life.
Something I would like to do when I retire from the army is become an JROTC instructor. Maybe once I retire from the Army and the VA.
__________________
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/kg4kpg/f712f48bae526a2b13f30e6601f3433d_zps089056bf.jpg
kg4kpg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2007, 09:13 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
erickpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,330
Send a message via AIM to erickpl
My wife is back in college to finally get her degree. She even has classes with our daughter.

Why did she go back?
1. She didn't have the opportunity earlier (various reasons)
2. She wants to continue to grow.
3. She likes the challenge.

I don't think I could go back to college, even for an advanced degree. I'd probably want to eliminate the 'children' who are there and don't GAF.

Perhaps the 'wrinkly' lady recently had a spouse die and realized that she wanted something to do to keep her mind sharp.

I think that kid is just afraid he will have to beat the 'wrinkly' lady's test scores.
__________________
-Paul

-97 TJ with a few mods. PM with questions.
erickpl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Odhinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
Does "Quit your crying or I'll give you something to cry about" ring a bell?
Oh yeah, Heard them too.
__________________
Recently returned from the Jeep Dead.
and
Proud daddy to a New baby Jeep Girl.
Odhinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
kbak303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wichita Falls, Texas
Posts: 88
lol my sister in law (very liberal ph.d living up North) has threatened to call CPS on me when she visits because my 5 yr old has rules, is reminded of the rules when need be...and does get sent to her room

I've not had to give a tap on her rear since she was 18 months old and wouldn't stop going near the stove ....but she gets a bad look and she is reminded of what can happen...

the reason i get threatened with a 'phone call' is my sis in law encouraged my daughter to do something she's not allowed to, and my 5 yr old said 'i can't do that or daddy will break my ass'....oh well...call 'em...she's well fed, has more toys strewn about than a Toys R Us truck jackknifed on I-44, has a good roof on her head, and she has her own Barbie Wrangler

it's not cute to cuss..but it was funny....we've since gotten her to the point that 'i'll get in trouble if i do that'

i have an angel for a daughter though, i was told that at kindergarten she's very smart and very well behaved..maybe it was lip service
__________________
Ken

2005 Pink Barbie Wrangler
2006 White Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2007 Red Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited
kbak303 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #25
amy
Kalashnikitty

WF Supporting Member
 
amy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Spokane wa
Posts: 5,580
Send a message via Yahoo to amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjseel View Post
Yup. I have personally DESTROYED several yardsticks with my butt. I have had to "cut my own switches" also.
My Mom used the yardstick on my brother. He sneered and said, "That didn't hurt." She broke the yardstick on him. He never mouthed off to her again, even when he got to be a foot taller than her.

Quote:
My son will attest to the fact that I continued the tough love heritage with him, he turned out great, but it was iffy that he was going to live to adulthood. It sucks (and is a great thing, at the same time) to have a child bigger and smarter than you are!
That is even more true when she's only 10!
__________________
Good girls go to Heaven. Jeep girls go where ever they want.
amy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
sgnellett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Under a sheet of ice, you know, from Global Warming!
Posts: 2,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkeraviator View Post
He is one who needs to learn the difference in Knowledge and Wisdom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
He's an idiot. Most college kids are idiots.
AMEN TO THAT! I am a full time college student and most days I think my head will explode if I have to explain to one more lil skull full of mush why Che Guevara is no hero, why Canada, or France, or Ass-hole-istan isn't the greatest place to live, and why the War on Terror is so important to win, they have no clue about the world beyond the I-pod, facebook, & beerpong!
__________________
SGNellett, 02 TJ "LUCY" 3" BDS w/ quick disco's, 33x12.5x15's on Chrome Steel Tailgunners, K&N CAI, Tomkens front & rear w/ swing away tire carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
And the most important safety, I never put my booger hook on the bang switch unless I'm ready to fire.
sgnellett is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
sgnellett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Under a sheet of ice, you know, from Global Warming!
Posts: 2,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjseel View Post
"Some people go to the 'fountain of knowlege and take a sip, others dive right in'"
and still others prefer to just gargle!!!

__________________
SGNellett, 02 TJ "LUCY" 3" BDS w/ quick disco's, 33x12.5x15's on Chrome Steel Tailgunners, K&N CAI, Tomkens front & rear w/ swing away tire carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
And the most important safety, I never put my booger hook on the bang switch unless I'm ready to fire.
sgnellett is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2007, 10:10 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
sgnellett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Under a sheet of ice, you know, from Global Warming!
Posts: 2,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kpg View Post
Well sure, for the Navy. j/k

While yes, he's an idiot, a little tough love might (I stress might) bring him around.
Easy w/ the USN jokes!
__________________
SGNellett, 02 TJ "LUCY" 3" BDS w/ quick disco's, 33x12.5x15's on Chrome Steel Tailgunners, K&N CAI, Tomkens front & rear w/ swing away tire carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
And the most important safety, I never put my booger hook on the bang switch unless I'm ready to fire.
sgnellett is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2007, 10:14 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
sgnellett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Under a sheet of ice, you know, from Global Warming!
Posts: 2,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbak303 View Post
I'm not trying to ruffle feathers either..but i went back to school 5 years ago at 35 yrs of age to finish my BS in CJ that i dropped out as a junior in '93, then i kept going to earn my alternative teaching certification. I taught 2 years while completing graduate school and now i'm working on my principal's certification {i'm a certified educational diagnostician with a M.ed in Special Education}

I'm loving it.i love working with kids and making some difference in some lives, .but i notice something in my HS that the 'blogger' typified....when he said that interpetating an image "doesn't tickle his fancy", so he'd rather waste his time and the instructor's?

i notice this..if it isn't to their liking or they don't want to do it..screw it..i'll go do this...many kids are NOT like this..but far too many are...

remember when we were told to do something, and we might bitch and whine but we did it?

not now...some kids are constitutional lawyers and we're 'violating' their rights..others are ODD and just aren't going to do it no matter what..screw you i ain't gonna....others are passive aggressive and just sit there and teachers finally give up and move on to a kid that wants their help...

i work at a HS with a hardcore dedicated group of teachers..and they don't give up on kids..but there is WAY tooooo many that just don't want what we're selling, no desire, no drive...don't give a crap cause someone MUST be going to give them everything like their folks...

I earned a living with my back basically from 16 yrs old till i was 35......i learned the hard way and woke up and took adv. of an chance....wonder how many of them will get a second chance like did...

just saying..that kid typifies way too many i know...i sure love to death the ones that don't...
Ken, I am a senior finishing up my degree for certification as a SPED teacher, I hope there are enough of US out there with some sense to save a few of the young ones before they get to the point this kid and others like him are at.
__________________
SGNellett, 02 TJ "LUCY" 3" BDS w/ quick disco's, 33x12.5x15's on Chrome Steel Tailgunners, K&N CAI, Tomkens front & rear w/ swing away tire carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
And the most important safety, I never put my booger hook on the bang switch unless I'm ready to fire.
sgnellett is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
kbak303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wichita Falls, Texas
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgnellett View Post
Easy w/ the USN jokes!

yeah easy...I mean, the Navy gots some real nice boats so the Corps can get to where they need to be!!



I's kidding!!!!

__________________
Ken

2005 Pink Barbie Wrangler
2006 White Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2007 Red Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited
kbak303 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
college help!!! yjwrangler Off-Topic 30 11-02-2008 11:07 AM
What to do for people returning from Iraq JCS05Rubi Off-Topic 7 09-11-2008 06:38 AM
545 people richp Off-Topic 4 08-13-2008 12:04 PM
9 things I hate about people RIPBiker13 Off-Topic 13 12-10-2007 01:00 PM
Rant...Dealer Service people Buffalo97 General Jeep Discussion 18 06-19-2007 01:15 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC