WTF? No Jeep wave? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
LadyLetty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 30
WTF? No Jeep wave?

What is with people? I drove around town for an hour just now, passed multiple Jeepers, not a single wave! The only wave I got was from a guy in an oil field truck.

LadyLetty is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Wranglin4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLetty View Post
What is with people? I drove around town for an hour just now, passed multiple Jeepers, not a single wave! The only wave I got was from a guy in an oil field truck.
A lot of people have quit waving, not sure why. People blame the "soccer moms" driving the JKU's these days but I still wave regardless. If they dont back. O'well they arent "true" jeepers or were busy doing something and didnt catch the wave.

__________________
Take a look at my handmade custom paracord grab handles & other handmade paracord items!

You Choose the colors!!

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f37/par...es-236090.html
Wranglin4Life is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
SuperTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Waleska GA
Posts: 2,267
More often than not I get a wave around here but there are a lot that don't. I have found modified Jeeps are more likely than the soccer mom.
SuperTJ is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
LadyLetty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wranglin4Life View Post

A lot of people have quit waving, not sure why. People blame the "soccer moms" driving the JKU's these days but I still wave regardless. If they dont back. O'well they arent "true" jeepers or were busy doing something and didnt catch the wave.
I drive a JKUR and try to wave at everyone. Just chaps my a$$ that most JK drivers are snobs
LadyLetty is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Wranglin4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLetty View Post
I drive a JKUR and try to wave at everyone. Just chaps my a$$ that most JK drivers are snobs
Well a lot of JK drivers are buying them now because they are more "luxurious" than they used to be. Thats why the majority of other wrangler owners dont even bother waving because they dont consider them "real" wranglers. I for one, think they are AWESOME and if I could afford one I would buy one. They are just as capable, look as good and are a lot more comfy then my 93 YJ. One day. LOL
__________________
Take a look at my handmade custom paracord grab handles & other handmade paracord items!

You Choose the colors!!

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f37/par...es-236090.html
Wranglin4Life is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 714/562
Posts: 3,362
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
you'll know who to wave to. the "jeepers" probably didn't see you. i rarely get any waves when i was rolling on stockers, but when i upgraded my wheels, the wave increased by a huge percentage.
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
LadyLetty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wranglin4Life View Post

Well a lot of JK drivers are buying them now because they are more "luxurious" than they used to be. Thats why the majority of other wrangler owners dont even bother waving because they dont consider them "real" wranglers. I for one, think they are AWESOME and if I could afford one I would buy one. They are just as capable, look as good and are a lot more comfy then my 93 YJ. One day. LOL
I love mine! Can't wait to do the lift and tires, but one day.....
LadyLetty is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
whetstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLetty View Post
I drive a JKUR and try to wave at everyone. Just chaps my a$$ that most JK drivers are snobs
It chaps my ass when someone gets on the Internet, lumps people into a category, then talks crap about them...
__________________
As it turns out, I'm not a 'real' jeeper
whetstone is offline   Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 36,723

kjeeper10 is online now   Quick Reply
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC