Anyone up for some Western slope wheelin? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Colorado Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
Anyone up for some Western slope wheelin?

I live in Grand Junction and Im finding it hard to go wheeling with people mainly because of the usual things. Have different work schedules, have time off but jeeps not ready to go, Snow etc.. So Im looking to meet new people on the western slope side, or anyone coming from eastern side who wanna go wheeling. Right now Im off work atleast untill the 22nd of this month so let me know if u wanna meet up for some wheeling any days fine with me.

__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
jcf
Bludger

WF Supporting Member
 
jcf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moab UT
Posts: 12,823
Send a message via Yahoo to jcf
Hey, we would come sometime & I am sure we could find some other people to come with us as well. We go to GJ about once a month & friends live in Fruita. See my trail thread today "Sunday trail Moab" under "Trail pic's" had we have known, you could have come across & done the trail with us. Maybe' next time

jcf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-13-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcf View Post
Hey, we would come sometime & I am sure we could find some other people to come with us as well. We go to GJ about once a month & friends live in Fruita. See my trail thread today "Sunday trail Moab" under "Trail pic's" had we have known, you could have come across & done the trail with us. Maybe' next time

Im definatly down for some wheeling with you guys. Next time u go wheeling let me know, I was wanting to go to moab before the easter safari so I can get a lil more familar with the area.
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
jcf
Bludger

WF Supporting Member
 
jcf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moab UT
Posts: 12,823
Send a message via Yahoo to jcf
Well, next time we go I will let you know & you are welcome to join us!




(great, another victim )

not really just joking
jcf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
Thanks man. Just let me know next time u guys hit the trails doesnt matter if u guys go out there or out here. Ill go out there or meet up with u guys over here.
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
BanjoDrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Silver Plume, Colorado
Posts: 48
I'm up by the Eisenhower Tunnel, But I'd be willing to drive down or meet you halfway sometime.
__________________
Got Banjo?
www.JeepExpeditions.org
BanjoDrifter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2011, 01:14 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoDrifter View Post
I'm up by the Eisenhower Tunnel, But I'd be willing to drive down or meet you halfway sometime.

Im up for wheeling anytime. Id say we could meet in the middle because theres about 50 trails near u but they all seem to be about 8,000ft or higher so i know theres too much snow up there right now. (Im just not a fan of snow wheeling, I do it everyday trying to get to work) Ill definatly do it during the summer though. For now Grand Junction has a couple of trails that are snow free. I dont know how much armor u have on ur ride or anything like that but bangs canyon is a great place to start to test out what ur vehicle can do since its just stairs of all different difficulties and theres no awkward rocks to punchure any of ur undercarraige. Im armored with external/enternal roll cage, and all my undercarraige is armored up so Im not worried. I just dont wanna see u come all this way and bang up ur vehicle and have to drive back. Im gonna be in Parker Friday to get an ARB air locker installed in my rear axle, and Ill be back prolly saturday night. So if u wanna meet up sunday let me know we can go hit up bangs canyon.
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
BanjoDrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Silver Plume, Colorado
Posts: 48
Let me check with the ole lady to see what this weekends plans are. I assume you'll be driving through Silver Plume on your way down and back? Maybe we could meet in Idaho Springs for a beer or something.
__________________
Got Banjo?
www.JeepExpeditions.org
BanjoDrifter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #9
jcf
Bludger

WF Supporting Member
 
jcf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moab UT
Posts: 12,823
Send a message via Yahoo to jcf
You should come over for this,it's going to be a real fun time WF Meet 'n' Greet : Memorial Day in MOAB, UT
jcf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
BanjoDrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Silver Plume, Colorado
Posts: 48
First I've heard of that, but I'm definately interested, even if I come over just for the day.
__________________
Got Banjo?
www.JeepExpeditions.org
BanjoDrifter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcf View Post
You should come over for this,it's going to be a real fun time WF Meet 'n' Greet : Memorial Day in MOAB, UT
Im there if work allows
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoDrifter View Post
First I've heard of that, but I'm definately interested, even if I come over just for the day.
Well just let me know when u wanna come, just give me about 2 or 3 days notice. Imma try to go wheeling this coming sunday and the next weekend so just let me know.
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
I got my ARB air locker and compressor installed in the rear end this past weekend and tomorow Im installing my Gas tank skid. Ill be ready to rock.
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
Im going play around this weekend at bangs canyon if anyone wants to join me. Gotta test out some new stuff.
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
I went to moab on the 20th, did the first quarter of fins and things because we where losing daylight and the camping area seemed like the best place to turn around. But now I know where moab is and how to get there so now I can go whenever. Wouldve invited other people but it was on about 4 hours notice.
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezalycasaid1 View Post
I live in Grand Junction and Im finding it hard to go wheeling with people mainly because of the usual things. Have different work schedules, have time off but jeeps not ready to go, Snow etc.. So Im looking to meet new people on the western slope side, or anyone coming from eastern side who wanna go wheeling. Right now Im off work atleast untill the 22nd of this month so let me know if u wanna meet up for some wheeling any days fine with me.
Hey, Just found out about this thread. JCF & Barrie are friends of ours. They are great to hang with, (but it hurts, lol)

We'll let you know when we are going out next!!
Bruce & Gaylene
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door View Post
Hey, Just found out about this thread. JCF & Barrie are friends of ours. They are great to hang with, (but it hurts, lol)

We'll let you know when we are going out next!!
Bruce & Gaylene
Im actually wanting to go to moab this weekend and do gold bar rim and poison spider. Let me know if u guys wanna go.
Why does it hurt?
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezalycasaid1 View Post
Im actually wanting to go to moab this weekend and do gold bar rim and poison spider. Let me know if u guys wanna go.
Why does it hurt?
Cause that's what it says in JCF's sig, & when I follow her in my jeep she makes me do stuff that tears chunks out of my tires, lol.

We may be going down with the bikes this weekend, but if it's too cold for the Mrs. we may take the jeep. I'll get back to you!!

I'm sure you have seen this:
WF Meet 'n' Greet : Memorial Day in MOAB, UT
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door View Post
Cause that's what it says in JCF's sig, & when I follow her in my jeep she makes me do stuff that tears chunks out of my tires, lol.

We may be going down with the bikes this weekend, but if it's too cold for the Mrs. we may take the jeep. I'll get back to you!!

I'm sure you have seen this:
WF Meet 'n' Greet : Memorial Day in MOAB, UT
Ok cool. Yeah Ive seen it and all i can really do is give it a maybe. With my work I never have ANY idea of when im gonna work so as long as Im not working those days Im deffinatly going.
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #20
jcf
Bludger

WF Supporting Member
 
jcf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moab UT
Posts: 12,823
Send a message via Yahoo to jcf
We were going to do 7 Mile on our Bikes but if it's to cold we could do it in the Jeeps.I have done Poison Spider but not Gold Bar yet, It may be a bit much for me. Saturday is supposed to be ok as far as weather & it may turn out to be a nice day so lets watch it & decide on Friday.
I would like to come over to GJ sometime to do some trails there, I have the CO trails book so sometime will plan for that
jcf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcf View Post
We were going to do 7 Mile on our Bikes but if it's to cold we could do it in the Jeeps.I have done Poison Spider but not Gold Bar yet, It may be a bit much for me. Saturday is supposed to be ok as far as weather & it may turn out to be a nice day so lets watch it & decide on Friday.
I would like to come over to GJ sometime to do some trails there, I have the CO trails book so sometime will plan for that
Im possitive that you know more about the moab trails then I do, and id much rather follow someone who knows the way then lead people on a trail idk. So any trail u wanna do is perfectly fine with me. Ive never done Gold bar rim either, thought u guys might have. Just let me know friday what u guys are gonna do and what trails, because any is fine with me.

Theres a couple here in junction, but there either like a trail rated 1, then theres bangs canyon wich is like a 4, then it jumps to 21 rd and billings that r a 7 at the easiest spot. Im down to try any of them though. Haha let me know.
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
Wow I just walked outside to find out how cold it is and its pretty horrible today, about 30mph wind and about 50mph gusts. Haha if its like this saturday Im not going anywhere.
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #23
jcf
Bludger

WF Supporting Member
 
jcf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moab UT
Posts: 12,823
Send a message via Yahoo to jcf
It was cool Thursday, but it could be ok by Saturday if the wind drops so will post the weather report later tonight
jcf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezalycasaid1 View Post
Wow I just walked outside to find out how cold it is and its pretty horrible today, about 30mph wind and about 50mph gusts. Haha if its like this saturday Im not going anywhere.
Ya, I was in the Attic all day, it was perfect for that!
JCF is such an awsome contact. She knows more about Moab than most. Great leader on the trail too. We may be going to Moab biking or wheeling sat. too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcf View Post
It was cool Thursday, but it could be ok by Saturday if the wind drops so will post the weather report later tonight
Thanks for checking things out. We will wait for your report & be ready to come down if you think it will be ok weatherwise. Moab Diner for breakfast sounds tempting
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #25
jcf
Bludger

WF Supporting Member
 
jcf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moab UT
Posts: 12,823
Send a message via Yahoo to jcf
OK plans are set, 9.30 at Moab diner for breakfast, the trail we are doing will take all day if we go to the big cave as well so bring flashlights!
jcf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoDrifter View Post
Let me check with the ole lady to see what this weekends plans are. I assume you'll be driving through Silver Plume on your way down and back? Maybe we could meet in Idaho Springs for a beer or something.
Hey sorry I completely spaced this message. I never noticed it untill today. Didnt mean to ignore u, I just havent seen it till today. Your Green lettering makes me think its a web link or signature link.
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #27
jcf
Bludger

WF Supporting Member
 
jcf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moab UT
Posts: 12,823
Send a message via Yahoo to jcf
Here are some pic's of Saturday Chad (Ezalycasaid1) 7mile Rim, Moab 3/27/11 Pics
Thanks for coming with us, we had a blast
jcf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcf View Post
Here are some pic's of Saturday Chad (Ezalycasaid1) 7mile Rim, Moab 3/27/11 Pics
Thanks for coming with us, we had a blast
Thanks. I had a great time. Thanks for inviting me along.
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #29
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Hey all you Western Slopers & Utah'ns. We need to get together again. Chad & I are thinking about Monday, Oct 17th. Perhaps Hell's Revenge. Would be nice to get together with Jeff, Julie, Jarrod, Barrie & the rest. What's everyone doing???

07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Western MD Kodysteeler43 Maryland Jeep Forum 27 10-19-2013 08:37 PM
Wheelin in the Country Memorial Day Weekend Needles Tennessee Jeep Forum 1 05-17-2010 12:10 PM
Wheelin' Through a Winter Wonderland juliana Off-Topic 9 12-06-2007 05:08 PM
Wheelin' Music emills Off-Topic 50 04-20-2007 06:56 PM
Western New York ManHunt Todd Morton Off-Topic 5 09-09-2006 11:59 AM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC