DW - need some assistance - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Colorado Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-24-2012, 01:17 AM   #31
Jeeper
 
mo1416's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Broomfield Co
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTG View Post
That hurt to read
It's not my favorite! I'm a big fan of Berringer from CA or Pindar from NY those are my favorites but cost a whole lot more!

__________________
We're not stuck Chad and Justin gotta winch
mo1416 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 01:32 AM   #32
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,365
Brian, back off, you don't even drink wine, unless there's nothing else left over...

Oldguy is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 01:38 AM   #33
Jeeper
 
BrianTG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 1,429
Just for you buddy

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3469783981.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	134814



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-957665766.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	134817
BrianTG is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #34
Jeeper
 
mo1416's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Broomfield Co
Posts: 1,240
Where's my glass?
__________________
We're not stuck Chad and Justin gotta winch
mo1416 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #35
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,365
Oldguy is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #36
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,365
Besides, have you ever had a Marylin Merlot? Some of those are going several hundred dollars a bottle, all out of Sonoma and Napa. I have several vintages if you can afford them...
Oldguy is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 01:47 AM   #37
Jeeper
 
mo1416's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Broomfield Co
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy View Post
Besides, have you ever had a Marylin Merlot? Some of those are going several hundred dollars a bottle, all out of Sonoma and Napa. I have several vintages if you can afford them...
oohhhh are you inviting me over for a tasting
__________________
We're not stuck Chad and Justin gotta winch
mo1416 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 01:47 AM   #38
Jeeper
 
BrianTG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 1,429
To be honest it's awful. Was a gift the wife got from a friend. 2004 kenwood jack London merlot. $25'ish a bottle and probably my favorite wine on this earth.

Ed. I need to get you a bottle so that you will help me tune up the heep.
BrianTG is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 01:47 AM   #39
Jeeper
 
mo1416's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Broomfield Co
Posts: 1,240
j/k
__________________
We're not stuck Chad and Justin gotta winch
mo1416 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 01:50 AM   #40
Jeeper
 
BrianTG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy
Besides, have you ever had a Marylin Merlot? Some of those are going several hundred dollars a bottle, all out of Sonoma and Napa. I have several vintages if you can afford them...
Expensive doesn't mean it's good. I've seen it but never had it. Wasn't a favorite where I was at.
BrianTG is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #41
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,365
Not only that, I have a vintage cask of Amontillado, if you'd care to come down to my cellar...
Oldguy is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 01:55 AM   #42
Jeeper
 
mo1416's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Broomfield Co
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy View Post
Besides, have you ever had a Marylin Merlot? Some of those are going several hundred dollars a bottle, all out of Sonoma and Napa. I have several vintages if you can afford them...
I've actually had the merlot.
__________________
We're not stuck Chad and Justin gotta winch
mo1416 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 01:59 AM   #43
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,365
I'm waiting for mine to age... It's in the cellar with the Amontillado...
Oldguy is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #44
Jeeper
 
BrianTG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy
Not only that, I have a vintage cask of Amontillado, if you'd care to come down to my cellar...
Deal
BrianTG is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 02:02 AM   #45
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTG View Post
To be honest it's awful. Was a gift the wife got from a friend. 2004 kenwood jack London merlot. $25'ish a bottle and probably my favorite wine on this earth.

Ed. I need to get you a bottle so that you will help me tune up the heep.
Considering you heep I think it will take several bottles, plus another cask of Amontillado...
Oldguy is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #46
Jeeper
 
BrianTG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 1,429
Bah, I just need to do things like fuel filters and stuff. Saving some cash to just pay someone to fix the cracked header and leaky steering box. Considering my current schedule and lack of a drive way I'm never going to get to them for months. So rather just have them fixed.

Not really a sherry fan tbh.

I'm really kinda snobbish when it comes to wine. I blame the fact that I started to learn about wines at a country club and worked the members into buying me stuff all the time. Amazing what drunk rich people will buy to 'show off how rich' they are.

And If you say you like prisoner I'm gonna be sad.
BrianTG is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 02:08 AM   #47
Jeeper
 
mo1416's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Broomfield Co
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy View Post
Considering you heep I think it will take several bottles, plus another cask of Amontillado...
So is that all it takes..............a few good bottles of wine and I can get you to work on my jeep. woohoo!
__________________
We're not stuck Chad and Justin gotta winch
mo1416 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 02:17 AM   #48
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTG View Post
Bah, I just need to do things like fuel filters and stuff. Saving some cash to just pay someone to fix the cracked header and leaky steering box. Considering my current schedule and lack of a drive way I'm never going to get to them for months. So rather just have them fixed.

Not really a sherry fan tbh.

I'm really kinda snobbish when it comes to wine. I blame the fact that I started to learn about wines at a country club and worked the members into buying me stuff all the time. Amazing what drunk rich people will buy to 'show off how rich' they are.

And If you say you like prisoner I'm gonna be sad.
If I say I like the Prisoner you should be scared...
Oldguy is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 02:21 AM   #49
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,365
The quality of a wine really has nothing to do with price. There are excellent vintages that can be had for under fifty dollars a bottle. Then there are those that go for hundreds of dollars a bottle that, as far as I'm concerned, would be hard pressed to be considered as a cooking wine.
Oldguy is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 02:39 AM   #50
Jeeper
 
BrianTG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy View Post
The quality of a wine really has nothing to do with price. There are excellent vintages that can be had for under fifty dollars a bottle. Then there are those that go for hundreds of dollars a bottle that, as far as I'm concerned, would be hard pressed to be considered as a cooking wine.
Couldn't agree more. Like I said my favorite bottle is around $25. I've had wine that costed more than my rent check and didn't like it. That's the beauty of wine. People forgot that wine was the drink of the people also. People grew their own grapes and made their own wines for centuries. I have relatives in south France that grow their own grapes, go threw the entire process of making wine and don't sell it at all. It's for their own use. My sister returned from Europe with a few bottles. We had them and they were truly some of the best wine I'd ever had. In fact I'd actually go as far as to say some of the best drink I'd ever had.
BrianTG is offline   Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #51
Genius!

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Coyote_94YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 20,890
Send a message via ICQ to Coyote_94YJ Send a message via Yahoo to Coyote_94YJ
Another derailed thread.

Closed.

Coyote_94YJ is offline   Quick Reply
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC