Dynatrac build quote, good or bad - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Colorado Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
Dynatrac build quote, good or bad

So this is the quote I got from Crazy Eds Performance. He's a Dynatrac dealer here in town.
"I spoke with OX and the ProRock cover needed is about a week out still on this batch. However I can give you a quote as needed.
Electric shifted pro rock 44 OX locker system with 36" cable, Poly Performance ball joints, YUKON gears, Full master bearing and seal kit, BUILT TO SPEC with you providing a yoke for your driveshaft (or I can source one) will be $2150 from me. thats all the parts and the labor too.
If your ready to go on this let me know and we can get the ball rolling."

Does this seem like a fair deal. I have the ProRock housing, and shafts, but nothing else.

chrisfp88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,198
Actually sounds like a good deal to me

__________________
Rock Krawler X-factor Short Arm 3.5, 35 general red letters
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
jagerhelix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CoLoRaDo
Posts: 910
Is that just building the axle or putting it under your Jeep too?
__________________
My build thread
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/jag...ad-208920.html
jagerhelix is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagerhelix
Is that just building the axle or putting it under your Jeep too?
Both.
chrisfp88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
jagerhelix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CoLoRaDo
Posts: 910
Actually sounds pretty good then
__________________
My build thread
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/jag...ad-208920.html
jagerhelix is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagerhelix
Actually sounds pretty good then
Ya I think so too. I can't afford to lock the rear at the moment so I asked him about doing that later on and he said he doesn't think it will be too hard or expensive. Funny though. I'll have a locked front.
chrisfp88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Rooster454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 659
If you're going to regear the rear separate let me know. I found a guy with a small fab business about 40 miles north of Denver that does gears and he only charges $160 per axle, plus $80 for locker install at the same time.

Let me know when you're ready and I'll give you his number
Rooster454 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster454 View Post
If you're going to regear the rear separate let me know. I found a guy with a small fab business about 40 miles north of Denver that does gears and he only charges $160 per axle, plus $80 for locker install at the same time.

Let me know when you're ready and I'll give you his number
how's the quality of his work? I thought you had to regear both axles at the same time? I have to lock the front with the ProRock housing, I was gonna lock the rear later on because I don't have another thousand to drop on a locker purchase right now.
chrisfp88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Rooster454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfp88 View Post
how's the quality of his work? I thought you had to regear both axles at the same time? I have to lock the front with the ProRock housing, I was gonna lock the rear later on because I don't have another thousand to drop on a locker purchase right now.
I misunderstood what you were saying I think. Technically you could regear the front only and take your front driveshaft off and then regear the rear, but that may be more work than you want to get into.

Nevermind, I misread what you were saying
Rooster454 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster454 View Post
I misunderstood what you were saying I think. Technically you could regear the front only and take your front driveshaft off and then regear the rear, but that may be more work than you want to get into.

Nevermind, I misread what you were saying
That's ok bud. Ya considering I probably won't lock the rear until mid summer/early fall I would prefer to keep the front driveshaft on, or I could always be tough and try all the trails in rear wheel drive....
chrisfp88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Rooster454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfp88 View Post
That's ok bud. Ya considering I probably won't lock the rear until mid summer/early fall I would prefer to keep the front driveshaft on, or I could always be tough and try all the trails in rear wheel drive....
Yeah you could do that. Well either way, I bet he charges less than most people to install a locker so you could always save some money there
Rooster454 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
Ya thanks man. That may help a lot.

chrisfp88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC