Well it's 24 hours until the start of Jeeptober and I thought I would give you guys a quick weather update. As of 9:20 this Friday morning it is 40 degrees with a little bit of wind. The mountains to the west have a few clouds hanging on them with what looks to be a bit of snow. Here in Buena Vista it is sunny and clear. Tonight will be cold with lows probably close to 25 degrees. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the mid 50's.
We will look at the Mt Antero trip and make a decision about it tomorrow. If we need to change the trip we can change it to the Cottonwood Lake road that goes to the Mineral Basin, Hope Gulch, Ptarmigan lake trails. All are still beautiful but not as much snow. There is also the Aspen Ridge road that is just starting to get good color but this is a highly traveled road with alot of color lookers. This is barely a 4x4 road too. Grizzly Lake/ Pomoroy Lake trails should be fine with a chance of some snow to make it interesting.
I will be checking in on here to see if anyone else has any suggestions. If not see you tomorrow morning.