Manchester Creek/Phantom Creek - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Colorado Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,715
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks I'm going to tough it out as long as possible.

__________________
Rock Krawler X-factor Short Arm 3.5, 35 general red letters
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
MTtincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bailey, Colorado
Posts: 255
Images: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to MTtincup
Chad.....do you need to borrow my GPS? You can set it before you leave to "Find Home"!

MTtincup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #33
Hang On!!

WF Supporting Member
 
Colo-TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Morrison, CO
Posts: 3,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTtincup View Post
Chad.....do you need to borrow my GPS? You can set it before you leave to "Find Home"!
Always comedians. i'm just not sure where it came from. i don't remember getting lost but then again maybe that's the problem what were you saying?oh yea something about fondu and bacon???
__________________

J
ust
Exploring
Exceptional
Places

My-build
Colo-TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #34
Hang On!!

WF Supporting Member
 
Colo-TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Morrison, CO
Posts: 3,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin04Lj View Post
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks I'm going to tough it out as long as possible.
More money=more upgrades
__________________

J
ust
Exploring
Exceptional
Places

My-build
Colo-TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
MTtincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bailey, Colorado
Posts: 255
Images: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to MTtincup
Yep it's all about upgrades.....and eating!
MTtincup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
MTtincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bailey, Colorado
Posts: 255
Images: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to MTtincup
I just figured if you didn't go with Ed and I you would get lost for sure! But what do I know.
MTtincup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo-TJ
More money=more upgrades
Very true. That's the biggest part of me staying as a laborer. Lmao I just convinced my fiancé to get a wrangler.
__________________
Rock Krawler X-factor Short Arm 3.5, 35 general red letters
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #38
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTtincup View Post
Ed....before I forget to ask....what's the plan for Sunday? Where should I meet you guys.
Plan, did you say plan, I don't see a plan, do you see a plan

Well, since you are coming I figured we'd do the big loop north to south, cut over to Hackett from the south end, come back to the loop and check out the new elk trail I found going back to Westcreek. Then we split, you going North, the CS people going South. That way you should be safe from drowning, unless, of course, you run off the road taking the pass back down to Deckers. We can vote on time, but probably early since we are going to be putting on a lot of miles. Of course, if it's just the four of us we should be able to take a lot of the trails at 35-40 so that will shave off quite a bit of time...

Oh yeah, the coffee shop in Deckers...
Oldguy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #39
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin04Lj View Post
Very true. That's the biggest part of me staying as a laborer. Lmao I just convinced my fiancé to get a wrangler.
Oh, I'll bet that took a lot of arm twisting You have to remember, we've met her...
Oldguy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,715
It's going to be awesome.
__________________
Rock Krawler X-factor Short Arm 3.5, 35 general red letters
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #41
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo-TJ View Post
Always comedians. i'm just not sure where it came from. i don't remember getting lost but then again maybe that's the problem what were you saying?oh yea something about fondu and bacon???
Ahhh... It's good to be home...
Oldguy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
mo1416's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Broomfield Co
Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin04Lj
This thread is entertaining tonight. Sunday can't come soon enough. I hope I can stick out this job 10 hr days 10/hour 6 days a week with overtime. Any opinions on if it's worth it ?
Yeah its worth it! Unless youre independently wealthy u do what ya gotta do till something better comes.
__________________
We're not stuck Chad and Justin gotta winch
mo1416 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #43
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,715
Thanks for the support guys. I can taste my lift I'm so close to getting the rest of the stuff I need. Have a rk 1.25 body lift 2.5 inch rk springs, procomp es3000 shocks. What else do I need.
__________________
Rock Krawler X-factor Short Arm 3.5, 35 general red letters
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #44
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin04Lj View Post
Thanks for the support guys. I can taste my lift I'm so close to getting the rest of the stuff I need. Have a rk 1.25 body lift 2.5 inch rk springs, procomp es3000 shocks. What else do I need.
You have a good basic start. The combination of spring lift and body lift you chose should work very well. Hold off on control arms for the time being. When I do the four link this spring I'll have some leftover arms and pieces that would work for your setup. That will be an awful lot cheaper than buying new
Oldguy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy

You have a good basic start. The combination of spring lift and body lift you chose should work very well. Hold off on control arms for the time being. When I do the four link this spring I'll have some leftover arms and pieces that would work for your setup. That will be an awful lot cheaper than buying new
Awesome Ed that is greatly appreciated. Do you think I'll need to lower my t-case and need longer brake lines?
__________________
Rock Krawler X-factor Short Arm 3.5, 35 general red letters
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
MTtincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bailey, Colorado
Posts: 255
Images: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to MTtincup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy

Plan, did you say plan, I don't see a plan, do you see a plan

Well, since you are coming I figured we'd do the big loop north to south, cut over to Hackett from the south end, come back to the loop and check out the new elk trail I found going back to Westcreek. Then we split, you going North, the CS people going South. That way you should be safe from drowning, unless, of course, you run off the road taking the pass back down to Deckers. We can vote on time, but probably early since we are going to be putting on a lot of miles. Of course, if it's just the four of us we should be able to take a lot of the trails at 35-40 so that will shave off quite a bit of time...

Oh yeah, the coffee shop in Deckers...
Where do you want to meet? Woodland Park, Divide what do you think?
MTtincup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
MTtincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bailey, Colorado
Posts: 255
Images: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to MTtincup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy

Plan, did you say plan, I don't see a plan, do you see a plan

Well, since you are coming I figured we'd do the big loop north to south, cut over to Hackett from the south end, come back to the loop and check out the new elk trail I found going back to Westcreek. Then we split, you going North, the CS people going South. That way you should be safe from drowning, unless, of course, you run off the road taking the pass back down to Deckers. We can vote on time, but probably early since we are going to be putting on a lot of miles. Of course, if it's just the four of us we should be able to take a lot of the trails at 35-40 so that will shave off quite a bit of time...

Oh yeah, the coffee shop in Deckers...
Ok the coffee shop at Deckers......missed that part. Say about 9.
MTtincup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #48
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin04Lj View Post
Awesome Ed that is greatly appreciated. Do you think I'll need to lower my t-case and need longer brake lines?
No problem

You should be fine on the brake lines with that lift. I have same lift and didn't have to change them. Usually only starts to be a problem around 4 inches of spring lift.

T-case should be fine, again for the same reason. When you do the body lift you might want to do a motor mount lift at the same time. Save having to move the fan shroud and set you up for a tummy tuck later on.
Oldguy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #49
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTtincup View Post
Ok the coffee shop at Deckers......missed that part. Say about 9.
That sounds fine to me. Then Justin, Dan and I would need to head out of Woodland Park about 8:30 to be in Deckers at 9.

We can meet in the McDonald's back parking lot about 8:30, that sound OK to you guys?
Oldguy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,715
Sounds fine to me.
__________________
Rock Krawler X-factor Short Arm 3.5, 35 general red letters
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
MTtincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bailey, Colorado
Posts: 255
Images: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to MTtincup
Ok peachy!
MTtincup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #52
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy View Post
No problem

You should be fine on the brake lines with that lift. I have same lift and didn't have to change them. Usually only starts to be a problem around 4 inches of spring lift.

T-case should be fine, again for the same reason. When you do the body lift you might want to do a motor mount lift at the same time. Save having to move the fan shroud and set you up for a tummy tuck later on.
Oh, before I forget (which could be any second now) there is one thing that you do need to check. At full droop with the shocks installed make sure that your rear driveshaft u-joints don't bind. If they do you just need to grind out the yokes a little bit, no need for an SYE, but it probably will be close. Odds are pretty low that you would ever hit full droop but it is better to be safe than sorry, especially if it took out your ring and pinion.
Oldguy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,715
Thanks for the info buddy. I'll make sure to make sure.
__________________
Rock Krawler X-factor Short Arm 3.5, 35 general red letters
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
topher38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: colorado springs CO
Posts: 4,605
I just want you all to know you guys make new threads more than I change my underwear.
topher38 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher38
I just want you all to know you guys make new threads more than I change my underwear.
Is it too much for you? :-)
__________________
Rock Krawler X-factor Short Arm 3.5, 35 general red letters
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #56
Jeeper
 
topher38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: colorado springs CO
Posts: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin04Lj

Is it too much for you? :-)
Yea because everytime I get on to write in one you guys go to a new one lol
topher38 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #57
Jeeper
 
topher38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: colorado springs CO
Posts: 4,605
P.s. jeep will be fixed very soon
topher38 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #58
Jeeper
 
MTtincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bailey, Colorado
Posts: 255
Images: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to MTtincup
What happen did everyone die?
MTtincup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #59
Jeeper
 
Justin04Lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,715
I'm still alive, barely.
__________________
Rock Krawler X-factor Short Arm 3.5, 35 general red letters
Justin04Lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #60
Jeeper
 
MTtincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bailey, Colorado
Posts: 255
Images: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to MTtincup
Ed.....must have gone back to hibernation!

MTtincup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seat Creek/Squeak fix Matador JK General Discussion Forum 21 03-07-2013 08:51 AM
Shoe creek 2/25 Coryb426 Virginia Jeep Forum 11 03-01-2012 12:09 PM
Rausch Creek 2/19/12 Video dan188 Trail Pics 3 02-23-2012 08:45 PM
Hackberry Creek, Superior, AZ Powertrip Trail Pics 1 02-19-2012 09:48 AM
Shoe Creek, VA FEB 18-19 Vulcan Classic North Carolina Jeep Forum 1 02-17-2012 04:59 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC