springs locals warranty work - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Colorado Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
springs locals warranty work

Who do you all go to? Perkins or Faricy. I have been pretty displeased with my two experiences with Faricy.

chrisfp88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
JoabsJks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfp88 View Post
Who do you all go to? Perkins or Faricy. I have been pretty displeased with my two experiences with Faricy.
I usually go to perkins, never had issues them. took the jeep in for a seatbelt malfunction and for oil change, they noticed what looked a rear main seal leak on the engine, turned out the block was cracked, and they replaced it under warranty, replaced my clutch disk, throw-out bearing, flywheel, pressure plate all under warranty, they never mentioned to me that the clutch disk, flywheel and pressure plate could have been caused by my 35in tires or my lift.

JoabsJks is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoabsJks View Post
I usually go to perkins, never had issues them. took the jeep in for a seatbelt malfunction and for oil change, they noticed what looked a rear main seal leak on the engine, turned out the block was cracked, and they replaced it under warranty, replaced my clutch disk, throw-out bearing, flywheel, pressure plate all under warranty, they never mentioned to me that the clutch disk, flywheel and pressure plate could have been caused by my 35in tires or my lift.
Sweet maybe I will try them. I bought the Jeep at Faricy.
chrisfp88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
JoabsJks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 61
I bought mine in AZ

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
__________________
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 35x12.5 15 BF KM2s, Pro Comp 15x10 Wheels, 3.5 Rough Country Stage 2 Lift, 2in Teraflex Spacers, 5100 Bilstein Shocks,Hi-Lift Jack Extreme, Pro-Comp Stuby Bumper, Smittybuilt Water Proof X20 10,000 lbs Winch, D30 with C Gussets and ARTEC Truss, 5.13 G2 Gears, Detroit true track, Rear D44 with Detroit Locker and 5.13 Superior Gears.
JoabsJks is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Igrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 243
I took mine to Faricy 2 weeks ago to get the gas tank fixed, they were pretty nice. Wanted to charge me $343 to change my "leaky" water pump, and $225 to change the diff fluids, and $125 for an air filter. I said "Thank you" for the gas tank fix (free) and that I would be doing the other stuff myself. Water pump weeped a tiny bit, but no leaks, I put a $45 K&N filter in, and will change the diff fluids myself.
Igrok is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-17-2012, 12:48 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igrok
I took mine to Faricy 2 weeks ago to get the gas tank fixed, they were pretty nice. Wanted to charge me $343 to change my "leaky" water pump, and $225 to change the diff fluids, and $125 for an air filter. I said "Thank you" for the gas tank fix (free) and that I would be doing the other stuff myself. Water pump weeped a tiny bit, but no leaks, I put a $45 K&N filter in, and will change the diff fluids myself.
I have had to do to warranty related things there and minimum of 2 days each time when they told me it'd be the same day.
chrisfp88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Igrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfp88 View Post
I have had to do to warranty related things there and minimum of 2 days each time when they told me it'd be the same day.
I'm with you on that one! talked to the service guy on Friday, he said bring it in 0730 hrs Monday and I'd have it back by 1100 hrs. I got my Jeep at 1300 hrs on Tuesday.
Igrok is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
chrisfp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igrok View Post
I'm with you on that one! talked to the service guy on Friday, he said bring it in 0730 hrs Monday and I'd have it back by 1100 hrs. I got my Jeep at 1300 hrs on Tuesday.
I had one where I was getting leather seats and a soft top installed. Going on the 4th day of what was supposed to take a day and a half I called and pitched a huge fit that I was paying almost 2 grand and deserved better treatment and magically it was finished and the service guy gave me lower then their cost on the rental, but hot damn are they slow.

chrisfp88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC